Error 1305

I have Office 2000 on my pc, but not Publisher.   When I
try to add Publisher from disk 2 of Office, I get the 1305
error

Error 1305. Error Reading from file.
D:\PFiles\MSOffice\Office\SBT\BFM\Whaitif.xla.   Verify
that the file exists and that you can access it.

Can anyone tell me how to complete this installation?   I
do have Publisher also installed on my other home pc and
both are connected by a wireless network.   Would that be
the reason it doesn't work?

TIA
Larry
0
lrubin28 (1)

This article also addresses error 1305
OFF: "Error 1304: Error Writing to the File" When You Install Office XP or Office
2000
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;321339
Try Ed's advice
Have you tried making a copy of the CD and installing from that?  Or copying
the contents of the CD to your hard drive and installing from there?
Does Publisher load OK if you click Cancel?
Have you used Detect/Repair?

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://dgl.microsoft.com/
"larry rubin" <lrubin28@rcn.com> wrote in message
> I have Office 2000 on my pc, but not Publisher.   When I
> try to add Publisher from disk 2 of Office, I get the 1305
> error
>
> Error 1305. Error Reading from file.
> D:\PFiles\MSOffice\Office\SBT\BFM\Whaitif.xla.   Verify
> that the file exists and that you can access it.
>
> Can anyone tell me how to complete this installation?   I
> do have Publisher also installed on my other home pc and
> both are connected by a wireless network.   Would that be
> the reason it doesn't work?
>
> TIA
> Larry

0
laserdog (1122)
7/8/2003 7:16:46 PM
I'm thinking you may have a dirty or damaged CD.
It might be worth a try to clean it:

How To: Clean Your CD
http://tinyurl.com/6oan

Also, you may want to read the following articles:

(321339) OFF: "Error 1304: Error Writing to the File" When You
Install Office XP or Office 2000
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;321339

(284263) Error 1305 During Installation
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;248263

If all else fails, you might want to request a replacement CD:

To obtain replacement CD-ROMs or manuals, contact the
Microsoft Replacement and Supplemental Parts Department
at (800) 360-7561.

When you call for a replacement CD, you may be asked to
fax a copy of the store receipt to the Microsoft Replacement
and Supplemental Parts Department.

--

John Inzer
return e-mail disabled

"larry rubin" <lrubin28@rcn.com> wrote in message
> I have Office 2000 on my pc, but not Publisher.   When I
> try to add Publisher from disk 2 of Office, I get the 1305
> error
>
> Error 1305. Error Reading from file.
> D:\PFiles\MSOffice\Office\SBT\BFM\Whaitif.xla.   Verify
> that the file exists and that you can access it.
>
> Can anyone tell me how to complete this installation?   I
> do have Publisher also installed on my other home pc and
> both are connected by a wireless network.   Would that be
> the reason it doesn't work?
>
> TIA
> Larry

0
oobie (2069)

error loading xml file
hello, the $xml loaded the xml file and it did store the xml as a property, but it won't display on screen. i need some help navigate out of the dark many thanks PSH �� $xml = new xml PSH �� $xml.load("h:\windowspowershell\template.xml") PSH �� $xml format-default : Object reference not set to an instance of an object. + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (:) [format-default], NullReferenceException + FullyQualifiedErrorId : System.NullReferenceException,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.FormatDefaultCommand Not 100% sure what you are trying to do here but for a star...

RFR Interface Errors HELP!
Help! I keep getting the following errors on our Exchange 2k3 server. It's running on a Win2k3 DC that is also a Global Catalog server. It's been in this configuration since Exchange 2k3 was released. Suddenly, I'm getting these odd errors: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeSA Event Category: RFR Interface Event ID: 9143 Date: 4/19/2006 Time: 7:15:17 AM User: N/A Computer: SERVER_NAME_HERE Description: Referral Interface cannot contact any Global Catalog that supports the NSPI Service. Clients making RFR requests will fail to connect until a Global Catalog becomes av...

error with outllook on shut down or restart
Help! any time that i have used outlook, and i am ready to shut down the computer, even if outlook has been closed.. and there are no other open microsoft programs.. outlook.exe reports "not responding" and I have to wait to end task to restart...... otherwise everything works fine... what can i do to fix the error? ~Michelle ...

Reporting Services Error 04-27-07
Last night I moved the CRM databases from our CRM Web Server to another SQL server in the same domain in hopes to increase performance. I followed the docs from Article 917948. I want the reporting services to remain on the CRM web server so I also followed the document on "Additional setup tasks when MS Reporting Services is installed on a seperate server from MS CRM or MS SQL Server". I setup the delagations and checked the SPNs. Our current setup is this: server1 CRM app Reporting services Win 2000 server, SQL 2000 Server 2 CRM databases Win 2003 server x64, SQL 2005 x...

GoToRecord error 2105
Hello. I can't seem to trap this error! I have a command button to take you to the next record. If there is not a "next record" I'd like a message box stating "you've reached the end of the list", instead of the dreaded "run-time error 2105 you can't go to the specified record". When I step through my code, the error doesn't seem to get pegged as 2105 and the message box doesn't appear. I must have something backwards! I'd appreciate your help. Thanks! Private Sub NextPP_Click() Dim lngErr As Long lngErr = Err.Number If (ln...

Server error
Hi all i m sending this request to google server GET http://www.google.com/reader/atom/%s/private/full HTTP/1.0\r \nAuthorization: GoogleLogin auth=%s\r\n\r\n" , strUserName(Usermailid) , strAuthKey(Authtikation key) ); it is giving such kind of Message (The server encountered a temporary error and could not complete your request.<p></p> Please try again in 30 seconds.) So firstly i waited for some time but after waiting such a long time it is giving same kind of Message . one other query if the url is wrong then it gives the same kind of message or somethin...

Serial number error in sales order entry window (2nd post)
I'm reposting this because there was no response to my first post. I'm sure I'm not the only one that has had this problem. I noticed that one of my coworkers invoiced and added (overided) a serial number into the Great Plains instead of allocating one of the existing ones. How do I return this serial number w/out affecting my inventory? I need to: 1. Return the item w/the wrong serial number. 2. Reinvoice the correct serial number. 3. NOT HAVE THE WRONG SERIAL NUMBER STUCK IN MY INVENTORY. How do I do this? Hi Paoakalani Try looking at Serial Number edit, by Blue Moon...

Digital ID name not found error in Outlook 2003 w/ Exchange 2000
WinXP Pro SP2 fully patched (upgraded from Win2K Pro SP4) Office 2003/Outlook 2003 SP2 fully patched I'm installing company issued certificates in Outlook 2003 for the first time for digital signature and encrypted email. When I try to send email with my digital signature I get the error: Your Digital ID name can not be found by the underlying security system I have removed and reinstalled these certs several times (including system reboots after removal) with no change. I went to thawte.com and got a freemail cert issued but it gives the same error message when I try to use ...

Pivot Table Refresh error "Problems Obtaining Data"
I can't seem to get data or change the data source. When I refresh, I get the error message "Problems Obtaining Data" When I start the Pivot Table Wizard, the back button is grayed out so that I can't go back and change data sources. Any help is appreciated. ...

Windows Live Messenger Access Error
I recently re-installed Vista on my computer, and when I close down a conversation window in 'Live Messenger', I get the following error message : "An error occurred saving the message history for ___ (<drive>:\My Received Files\...\History\...xml): Access is denied. Do you want to save again?" I have set the history to save on a separate drive, which was saving messages in the past. Even though I click on 'yes', I've noticed it still does not save the history. I have run a 'take ownership' script on the root directory, and this di...

ERROR : Unable to determine physical sector address for logical se
Hello, what is the error "Unable to determine physical sector address for logical sector" from FLASHDRV.DLL when my system starts ? It has a hive based registry on NAND Flash. Is There any problems on the flash ? However, after these messages the system works fine. Thanks, Paolo -- Paolo Patierno Embedded Software Engineer It typically means the flash file system hasn't been formatted yet. The message is expected in that case. Do you get the message after formatting the flash file system? Note that the file system might be formatted automatically when th...

Problem with external data and #reference error
Hi, my Excel workbook has 2 sheets: 1. Source: with an external data reference to a MS Access database Query property "If number of rows changes after refresh" is set to option #1: "Insert cells for new data, delete unused cells" User chooses external query selection criteria and therefore can have different result sets. 2. Target: Formular B4: =Source!P5 Formular B5: =Source!P6 Formular B6: =Source!P7 Problem: When Source has data in rows 5, 6 and 7 formular gets calculated correctly. If Source row #5 has data and #6 and ...

Error
I have two investment accounts. Both have the same stock. When I enter the symbol in the second account, I get an Error Message "Symbol in Use." Anyone know why this occurs and how two investment accounts can hold the same stock. When asked for the symbol, don't type it in but use the drop down menu. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money Hints/Tips http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny UK Wishes/Suggestions mnyukwsh@microsoft.com "Scott" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:06d701c39540$e8...

Outlook Error #54
OX800ccc19 what is this how can it be fixed s.brown <s_Brown@comcast.net> wrote: > OX800ccc19 what is this how can it be fixed POP server timeout, probably. See http://www.google.com/search?q=0X800ccc19 The first thing I'd do is to increase the server timeout value on the Advanced tab of the account properties pages and disable any antivirus mail scanning. -- Brian Tillman ...

CLSID Error on excel 2000 start up
I get this error twice every time I start up Excel 2000. It says "Class not registered. Looking for object with CLSID:{AC9F2F90-E877-11CE-9F68-00AA00574A4F}. Anybody know how to correct this? or even whati it means??? This means that there is an error with your windows registry. One of three options should fix the problem: 1. Remove Excel and then reinstall or 2. Try to repair it 3. Create a reg file on another working installation with the below key and then import it into your computer. "Shane" <gtech@gci.net> wrote in message news:2d54401c46a1a$22af6330$a5012...

This error in event log
Hi all I do have exch2003 and outlook 2003 I did get this error 4 times today in the event log. I cannot find concrete info on it on how to solve it. Should i ignore it or is it trying to tell me something important : Thanks for ll the help Error 0x6bb deleting unused restricted view from folder 1-D86610 on database "First Storage Group\Mailbox Store (<servername>)". Microsoft Exchange Information Store will try to delete the view again at the next maintenance interval. For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp. http://support.microsof...

Outlook Synch error
I have one user and only one user have trouble going back online with the Outlook client. The user is connected to our VPN and then when the user clicks Go Online, it starts to synch then she gets the "the logged-on user does not have the appropriate security permissions to view the records or peform this specifc action" error/message. Outlook works fine and the user can use web CRM just fine. I've already tried changed the user's IE security settings to low, didn't help. Any ideas? James James, Could you provide a bit more information about the user, specifica...

RPC Error: creating mail in child domain from mmc User and computer.
Hello, I've an active directory on windows 2000, connected to several childs domains. In my father network i've an exchange 2003. Before i could create mail adress in my child domain from the mmc "user and computer" of my exchange server in my father domain. But now when i want to do " task exchange" on a user i get error : "RPC server is not avaiable, error id : c00706ba...." c00706ba". I don't know if this error is due to the exchange SP1, because i'didn't create new mail account for several month. Someone could help me. Forgive my ba...

Cant Explain Runtime Error
Hi Gurus im using VC++.Net 2003 can you please explain why do i get a runtime error like this? I just added a private member variable on my Dialog class which is a WORD data type and i initialized it on my own defined constructor. everytime the dialog will close i will have this runtime error. thanks "Run-Time Check Failure #2- Stack around the variable 'AddEditFormDlg' was corrupted" I've never actually seen that one, but it could be you are writing past the end of some memory on the stack somewhere (like an out of bounds array). Tom "dacky" <harvey.da...

CRM Mobile Express Error 10-23-06
Hi, i installed CRM Mobile Express, it works almost fine. When access in any entity, example Opportunitties, it shows, but the opportunity details, send this error: Message: Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown. Stack trace: at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest() at System.We...

Error can't empty clipboard appears when trying to copy. #2

opening an old 1992 Word document, registry error
I tried to open a document created in 1992 but instead of opening I get a message that tells me I cannot because my registry doesn't allow it -- wrb See “Information about certain file types that are blocked after you install Office 2003 Service Pack 3” at http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=938810 -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Seabee74" <Seabee74@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6ADC0871-2FB3-4880-9525-5EFE3C3AD3C5@microsoft.com... >I tried to open a document...

Outlook error 0x8004011D while trying to connect with Exchange Acc
Help! I purchased Office 2007 Small Business. I work with an office Exchange account. My pop account works fine. I can not connect to the Exchange server. Message 0x8004011D keeps coming up -- Cheryl Which version of Exchange are you trying to connect to? Is this Exchange server located on your own network or are you trying to access it remotely? The error usually is caused by having DNS issues with trying to resolve the location of the Exchange server. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FA...

Error Message while running Outlook 2002
While running Outlook 2002, I have recently recieved the following error message: "Unable to update free/busy data. An OLE rigistration error has occurred. The program is not correctly installed. Run set up again for this program" When I close the error message window it comes back again in about 2 minutes. I have searched and found similar threads, but I have found none with this exact error message. I've been using Outlook2002 for a long time. What exactly caused this to appear suddenly and what are the precise steps needed to remedy this problem? -- Win XP Home...

Errors #2
In the accounts list the balance shown on my checking account is 287.24 less than what it is on the check register. The check register is correct. The only check of that ammount was written in 2002 if that means anything. I am using Money 2004 Standard on a new notebook. The error started after the first days of software use. I have run both fix programs and nothing repaired. Any help would be appreciated. In microsoft.public.money, JamesLG wrote: >In the accounts list the balance shown on my checking >account is 287.24 less than what it is on the check >register. Th...