Embedding Video in Publisher

Is it possible to embed a video, regardless of medium, into a web page using
Publisher '07 ?
0
MikeD (16)

Mike D wrote:
> Is it possible to embed a video, regardless of medium, into a web
> page using Publisher '07 ?
===================================
You may have better luck finding a solution
if you post your question in the following newsgroup:

"Publisher Web Design"
http://tinyurl.com/5l7mb5
   or...
http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign&lang=en&cr=US

BTW, be sure to include your
MS Publisher version and your
Windows version.

--

    John Inzer MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

            Notice
This is not tech support
      I am a volunteer

 Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

0
oobie (2069)
12/3/2008 12:35:27 AM
It is impossible to know what media player the viewer will have installed on
their local machine, so it is best to link to the video file and let the
viewer download it. This also gives the viewer the option, rather than being
forced to wait for a large video file to download and slowing the page load.

With that said, there has been some discussion in the web group about this,
and apparently youtube will provide a code snippet that you can insert via
the insert html code fragment tool. Also there has been some discussion of
how to embed a video player into the page. If you want to pursue this
subject, then please repost in the web group and we will try to help you
there: microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign Please always include the
version of Publisher you are using, the URL of your site and as much detail
as possible.

DavidF

"Mike D" <MikeD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible to embed a video, regardless of medium, into a web page
> using
> Publisher '07 ?

0
Nope8657 (939)

Word 2007 embedded Chart data Fill or Autofill
Is it possible, using Word 2007, to perform a Fill or an Autofill operation on an embedded (unlinked) chart? The chart was created earlier within Word. Initially, I was thinking about the newer style, where two adjacent cells are populated, selected, then the Fill handle is dragged to the last cell of the Fill. I created a macro in excel, of which I pasted a portion to my word chart. After modifying the Range (as I understand is different in Word), I found it did not work. Below is what I have in my code. After looking through the Word Object Browser and using Help, I don't...

how do I install templates into office 2003 publisher
I downloaded CD Label and Jewel Case Inserts from Poly Line. My problem is I find no way of installing them in MS Office 2003 Publisher. I also downloaded their templates for Word 2003 and they install fine but Word doesn't work like Publisher. I ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I A...

how can I create sequentially numbered tickets on Publisher?
I'm creating theatre tickets in publisher and need to sequentially number each indivdual ticket. How do I do this? Use mail merge -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "phuerta85" <phuerta85@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D6A7D2E3-A976-47F5-90E9-5E0EFAC9327A@microsoft.com... > I'm creating theatre tickets in publisher and need to sequentially number > each indivdual ticket. How do I do this? ...

Publisher
How do I do to add a swf in the page created in the publisher 2003? Have you tried searching the archives of the publisher.webdesign group? I believe it's been discussed before. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Beto" <Beto@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C1387416-8CFB-43FD-A372-1D5CE4094EBA@microsoft.com... > How do I do to add a swf in the page created in the publisher 2003? > Beto wrote: > How do I do to add a swf in the page created in the publisher 2003? You have already posted this once - this isn't MS - learn to h...

publisher 2002: fonts print as squares
I have tried the suggestion of reinstalling adobe type manager, removing some font files as microsoft website suggests and still no luck. any suggestions? Hi PAUL (paulipclasalle@aol.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || I have tried the suggestion of reinstalling adobe type || manager, removing some font files as microsoft website || suggests and still no luck. any suggestions? Microsoft Office Publisher 2003 and older are critical about printer drivers. Usually upgrading (or downgrading in some cases) will fix the problems you are encountering. If you have not already done so, you wou...

merging MS Publisher files
I have a document of several chapters, each of which is a separate MS Publisher file. I'd like now to make them all into one file. Can I do this easily, or must I insert new pages and cut and paste the content of each new page? Thanks Peter You must insert new pages and copy and paste the text over. You can have as many instances of Publisher open at once up to the resources of your computer, so that does help matters. -- After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Paxo <mrpaxo@yahoo.com>... > I have a document of several chapters, each of w...

How do I set the printer margins in Publisher?
I'm trying to print a brochure, but I'm having trouble with the left margin. In the design view I can set the margins and layout the graphics and text exactly as I want. But in the print preview, or actually printing, there is about a 3/4" margin on the left. (No problems with the right, top or bottom margins: they are about 1/4" each.) Please do not tell me this is a printer limitation. This problem does NOT occur in Word, Excel or PowerPoint--only in Publisher! (By the way, why doesn't Publisher have the nice drag-n-drop margins that Word and Excel have?) I am no...

How do I find a copy of Publisher 2002?
Hi, I am looking to order a new copy of Publisher 2002. I have a new project that my client wants to do on Publisher. I have not yet upgraded to XP and am still on Windows 98, so Publisher 2003 won't work on my (yes I know) outdated computer. How can I find a new copy of Publisher 2002 which will work on 98? I'm uncomfortable ordering from some of the unknown sites that come up in a google search. Any suggestions? Ebay? Or you could try Sams Club, BJs, or Costco. They may have some older software. We have a buyout company called Ollies in this are. (Their motto is "G...

How do I change indent size in Publisher?
hommie_g27 wrote: In Publisher 2003: Format > Paragraph In Publisher 2002: Format > Indents and Lists -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com ~pay it forward~ This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ...

Publisher 2k3 with Canon ip4000
Hello, All! I am having a problem printing photos from publisher to my canon printer and was hoping someone here had the same setup. The problem is 'somewhat minor' - when I print what should be borderless there is alway a small (maybe 1/4 inch) unprinted strip on one end of the photo. I can expand the photo in publisher to cover the whole page, i.e. beyond the normal margins and the strip remains. Anyone with this setup here and have you seen the same problem or do you know a way around it? Thanks, Colonel Blip. E-mail: colonelblip.no.spam.please@bigfoot.com Have you asked...

Clipart problem in Publisher 2003
in the Clip Art task pane, the missing clips appear with title Dglxasset.htm. I cannot figure out how to solve this problem. I deleted all temp. internet files and that does not work. Some clipart is alright, but most of them appear with the Dglxasset.htm box. -- J. Zahra Compact the Organizer, Open the Organizer from start, Microsoft Office Tools, Microsoft Clip Organizer, Tools, Compact. There is also a detect and repair under the Help menu. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Joseph" <Joseph@discussi...

Publisher to PDF #4
How do I take a publisher newsletter and convert it to a PDF file? please respond to my email spanishspringssound@yahoo.com Thank you kelly What version Publisher? Do you have a PDF conversion program? There are free PDF converters around. http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=free+pdf+converter If you are using 2007 Microsoft has a *save as PDF* add-in. https://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=4D951911-3E7E-4AE6-B059-A2E79ED87041&displaylang=en -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "kelly" <kelly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DEF...

Problems Publishing a pdf File
I installed Office 2007 a month ago and was using the "Publish as PDF" in Publisher with beautiful results! Then, I took the same file, made some changes and now when I "Publish as PDF" the graphics that had transparent backgrounds now have black backgrounds. I finally discovered the difference! In Adobe Reader v9 which was on there all along, clicking File/Properties on the first file says that PDF Producer is "Office Publisher 2007". The PDF version is "1.5 (Acrobat 6.x)". The pdf file that is messing up has the PDF version as "1.4 (Acrobat...

how to email merge in Publisher?
I am looking for information on how to perform EMAIL merge in publisher... I have a publication ready with me and need to send to this to a lot of email addresses contained in an Excel file.. Regards Abhishek Kant AbhishekK_India <abhishek@online.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I am looking for information on how to perform EMAIL merge in > publisher... > I have a publication ready with me and need to send to this to a lot > of email addresses contained in an Excel file.. You can use the Send Page As Email feature to email the publication to a list...

installation of publisher 2003 #2
I have Office 2003 loaded on my pc, but don't have Publisher. My boss wants me to do some work at home using Publisher, so I want to install it from the Office Pro disk. However, when I opt to just install Publisher (on install wizard), it looks like I am agreeing to remove all my other Office programs by unchecking them and that is definitely not what I want to do. How can I just install Publisher 2003 and safeguard all my other 2003 programs? -- Need help You don't need to agree to remove Office to install Publisher. Are you installing from the Control Panel? It maybe clea...

Search text in folder of publisher files?
Can you search text in folder of publisher files. Google desktop style of program, but pub files are not on supported list. -- ks_paper ...

how do i do endnote referencing in publisher?
how do i insert endnote referencing in publisher? thanks! resse wrote: > how do i insert endnote referencing in publisher? By hand. Publisher doesn't have footnoting/endnoting features; you have to manually create a separate textbox with your footnotes and endnotes in, and keep them numbered properly yourself. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org ...

Embedded Function for a range of answers
I apologize because I know that someone has probably asked this before but I have tried Ecel help and have searched the forum to no avail. I want to create a formula that will give me a specific answer base upon the results of a calculation in another cell. For instance, an this isn't what I want to do, but it is the easiest way to explain it Say that a cell would have a percentage in it, I want the formula fo the next cell to result in a letter grade based upon the percentage i the aformentioned cell. So, say there is an 89% in cell A1, A2 shoul return a "B", but if there is ...

Publisher Won't Install
That's my issue. I have Microsoft Publisher, and whenever i try to install it, i get an error saying "Error: Source has been corrupted. Cannot continue installation." and yet, i can open the Office1.CAB file without any corruption. how can i get Publisher 2002 to Install under Windows XP Pro? it only does it under that operating system. Used to work in Win98 and 2000 Pro perfectly. You can try checking out: Description of the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290301&Product=off2003 Or you can call Microsoft direc...

Purchase Publisher 2000 for Teachers
I'm teaching teachers how to use Publisher and publish their class newsletters to the web. We're looking for 15 Publisher 2000 licenses to purchase, since this is the only version of Publisher that will upload to the web through our mail server. Can anyone suggest where we could purchase this software relatively cheaply. Our district traded out Office 2000 licenses for 2003, so we don't have access and will have to personally purchase it - even though it is for school use. Thanks! Amazon has Publisher 2000 from $15 http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=sea...

error message: publisher cannot open this file
I used to be able to create a custom border for my publisher projects. Now everytime I try to, I click on the clip art I want, but then it says "publisher can't open this file". So, I can't do any custom borders. Anybody know how to fix this? What kind of file are you trying to use for the border? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "ineedhelp" <ineedhelp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:065AE492-A5B5-4F14-A973-70DF8CC04D04@microsoft.com... >I used to be able to create a custom border for my publisher projects. Now > ...

Transfer Publisher 2002 from Old Computer to New
What do I have to do to transfer the Publisher 2002 Software to a new computer? After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Dave Goltz <dgoltz@sbcglobal.net>... > What do I have to do to transfer the Publisher 2002 > Software to a new computer? Uninstall Publisher from the old PC Install it on the new PC Activate (you may need to use Phone Activation) -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ Before reading this message, view the disclaimer: http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm Install Publisher 2002 from the orig...

How do I set up a mail merge in Publisher e-mail?
I want to set up a bulk mail e-mail letter that includes the recipient's name in the body of the e-mail as a salutation. Has anyone done this? Can it be done? If so, what is the process? Thanks for any help yo can provide. Kathy <Kathy@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I want to set up a bulk mail e-mail letter that includes the > recipient's name in the body of the e-mail as a salutation. Has > anyone done this? Can it be done? Nope and nope. Sorry! -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher Snail mail spam - novel concept, q...

Visio 2010 SDK
I downloaded the VIsio 2010 SDK so I could update some published Stencils and Templates for Visio 2010.... I previously had them published under 2007, so I'm famaliar with the tools... I've got two problems with the new Solution Publishing tool... First: If I choose to publish the Stencil or Template using the "2003 or later" checkbox (under Stencil Information or Template Information dialog boxes, respectivly)... Neither the Stencils or Templates show up in Visio 2010. However, if I choose "Visio 2010 only" as the option, then the stencil or...

Publisher
Why does Publisher tend to have a delay when typing into the calendar and items move at will? Is their any way to correct this? ...