Emailing a multi-page newsletter as the message - not an attachment

This is an advance notice of something I need to put into writing. I found a
terrific way to send a multipage newsletter as the body of an email. It is
not completely free tho. You need some sort of pdf creating software (free
will work), and a $40 software program. Believe me, this will be the best
$40 program you've ever purchased.

Look for something later this week. Right now I have to prepare a mailing
list with 1700 people for a mail merge. I'm a bit busy right now.  ;-)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

0
jl_paules1 (1069)

JoAnn Paules [MVP] <jl_paules@hotmail.com> was very recently heard to
utter:
> This is an advance notice of something I need to put into writing. I
> found a terrific way to send a multipage newsletter as the body of an
> email. It is not completely free tho. You need some sort of pdf
> creating software (free will work), and a $40 software program.
> Believe me, this will be the best $40 program you've ever purchased.

You horrible HORRIBLE person, snagging us in and then holding us up on
meathooks whilst we wait for this awesome announcement.

Wait a second, it's not April 1 already, is it?

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6342)
2/13/2006 10:53:15 PM
Methinks you already know or is your choice of words a really wild
coincidence?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

> JoAnn Paules [MVP] <jl_paules@hotmail.com> was very recently heard to
> utter:
>> This is an advance notice of something I need to put into writing. I
>> found a terrific way to send a multipage newsletter as the body of an
>> email. It is not completely free tho. You need some sort of pdf
>> creating software (free will work), and a $40 software program.
>> Believe me, this will be the best $40 program you've ever purchased.
>
> You horrible HORRIBLE person, snagging us in and then holding us up on
> meathooks whilst we wait for this awesome announcement.
>
> Wait a second, it's not April 1 already, is it?
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
jl_paules1 (1069)
2/13/2006 10:59:27 PM
JoAnn Paules [MVP] <jl_paules@hotmail.com> was very recently heard to
utter:
> Methinks you already know or is your choice of words a really wild
> coincidence?

It was a wild coincidence, but now I know!  :o)

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6342)
2/13/2006 11:22:22 PM
I have already talked to Brian about writing an article for the mvps.com
site. It's pretty cool but it does make the email a fairly hefty size. I
tested it with a 9 page document. It hit about 3 meg (my work email server
rejected it but I could send it to one of my other email addies and looked
nice.)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

> JoAnn Paules [MVP] <jl_paules@hotmail.com> was very recently heard to
> utter:
>> Methinks you already know or is your choice of words a really wild
>> coincidence?
>
> It was a wild coincidence, but now I know!  :o)
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
jl_paules1 (1069)

Set up email accout in Outlook 2003
I'm using cox high-speed internet and want to use Outlook 2003 to view my email. How do I do this? do you have outlook configured to receive email from cox high speed or have alread done this? "Karen" <Karen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6D86EB69-B86B-4A1A-808E-79AE12FA833F@microsoft.com... > I'm using cox high-speed internet and want to use Outlook 2003 to view my > email. How do I do this? Follow the instructions your ISP provides. This is not an Outlook question. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Karen" <Karen@discussi...

Attachment Selection
When composing a new mail message there are buttons to use to select the following: To: Cc: and Bcc: as well as a box to type in the Subject. We used to have an additional button to select a file to ATTACH to the message as well. And the attached files would appear in the message header. That option has disappeared, and we can now only INSERT using the Insert on the Menu or the Paperclip; with the inserted files appearing within the body of our message. We would like to be able to have the Attachment Selection button and box back. Why is it no longer available, and how can be get ...

Internet incoming message don't get to some recipients
Hi I'm running exchange 5.5 sp4, I'd like to get some help to solve this situation: Some recipients are able to recieve Internet incoming message and others are not able, I mean the same message. so what I do is to send a test message (not attachment included) I set many recipients in the To Field in Outlook and some of these recipients are able to get the test message and others don't. "Not rules are implemented in the Outlook Clients" Thank You for your help. On Thu, 2 Feb 2006 11:29:14 -0400, "Javier" <jbisono@tricom.com.do> wrote: > >Hi &...

Missing scrolls bars in web pages created with FP
http://www.bglawns.com/directions_pinewood.htm For some reason this page opens in a new window when linked to from my site, which is fine, but now there are no scroll bars either eek! Also on the into page: http://www.bglawns.com/eahorc_main.htm and the main page: http://www.bglawns.com/eahorc.htm The scroll bars are now red, should be blue. Help? Regds - Deane In line "EAHORC" <EAHORC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E612EBDB-301F-4F2C-896A-7C012B6D607F@microsoft.com... > http://www.bglawns.com/directions_pinewood.htm > ...

Adding custom pages to Windows Control Panel using MFC
Hi, Is there anybody know how to add a custom page to Windows Control Panel using MFC? I found some code on Internet but that was written in Win32 API. Also tried to find the material on MSDN but the content is pretty old (if I am correct) : http://msdn.microsoft.com/archive/default.asp?url=/archive/en-us/dnarvc/html/msdn_ntcplapp.asp Thanks. Is this what you're looking for? http://www.codeproject.com/shell/cpl.asp Tom <hugheslin@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1145355183.002746.18420@z34g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > Is there anybody know how to add a cus...

Outlook blocked access to the following potentially unsafe attachment blah.url
How do I lower security settings in order to receive all attachments?? What version of Outlook? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: Googy <googy55@pacbell.net> asked: | How do I lower security settings in order to receive all attachments?? Me to. I have Outlook XP and getting quit tired of not being able to get need attachments. I hope somebody has the answer. OL 2000 SP-3 Corproate/Workgroup with security update Thanks GG "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook...

OWA 2003 Blocking HTM Attachments
I would like to be able to open htm attachments via OWA 2003, I have tried following the instructions for registry key settings and the disableattachments setting but still can't download\open them even when i have it set to 0 which should allow all attachments to be opened. Has anyone else had this problem or resolved it? Thanks Jeff Have you restarted the Exchange Services since making this change? Patrick Rouse Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server >-----Original Message----- >I would like to be able to open htm attachments via OWA 2003, I have tried >following the instruct...

printing emails in outlook (2000/2002)
I am trying to find a simple way to print only the first page of an received email. I cannot seem to figure it out. whether the email is in html, plain or rich text, I cannot print only the first page. any ideas/tricks? thanks davit ...

Cannot compose email in html format only plain text
I have some sort of html problem as I can't insert text into any text boxes in explorer. I also can't highlight text and in outlook I can't enter text into an email in html format, however in plain text I can. I have installed the new XP sp2 update, I have used the detect and repair option in Outlook, I have tried running explorer from another pc on the network on my pc all to no avail. So I am guessing that it is a problem caused externally of explorer and outlook. And I have also ran a fully updated virus check. Any help would be much appreciated as this is driving ...

Missing Message Text

How to increase and decrease indent levels while composing an Entourage message

Attaching an email or a scanned document to an Access Report
In my original database (now two years old), I added a paragraph of text in a memo field in a record. Now, after a group reorganization, I will be getting additional e-mailed information and/or hard copy that has to become part of that record. I am planning to scan the hard-copy to create an attachable document and/or open the email and somehow include the attachment to the Access record. Does anyone have any suggestions or examples? Would hyperlinking be the way to go? Sorry, I meant to mention I'm using Access 2003 and the documents are usually 2-3 pages long. "Help Elimin...

How do you pull up another person's email box?
After my boss gave me sharing permission to his mailbox, how do I pull it up from my computer? Linda, From within your Outlook, select File, then Open, then Other User's Folders. You can take it from there I hope. Linda wrote: > After my boss gave me sharing permission to his mailbox, how do I pull it up > from my computer? you can add it to your profile in tools, accounts, select exchange acct, Change button. More Settings button then add it on the first tab. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? htt...

email with an attachment
why does it takes a long time to open or sending an email with an attachments. It there any special setting in Outlook 2000. Thanks. ...

Create Second Page in Access2003 with Different Orientation (Portr
How do I create a second page in an Access2003 Report where the second page has a different orientation. The first page is in landscape and the second needs to be in portrait so that the mailing address is viewable for Windows envelopes. We tried to add a second page but it messed up the calculations and orientation of the from the first page. Any suggestions would be appreciated? Thank you, Mirsa With WindowsXP ...

Email Routing Rules
I having some difficulties with email routing in and out of CRM and I'm beginning to wonder if its working as designed and I'm wrongly assuming functionality that does not exist. We are using CRM 4.0 and have selected the email router option, we have not installed the outlook client (yet). If I create an email from within CRM to a client the email is stored in the case and/or client. If the client responds to this email it also ends up in CRM stored under the client and/or case, primarily due to the CRM tracking token. Of course I see this email in my outlook inbox, so I reply...

Outlook 2002 needs to close error message
I am a new user and am using in combination with ACT!. Outlook 2002 does two things consistently which slows down my work: 1. 2-3 times an hour I receive the message "Outlook 2002 needs to close" this often happens in the middle of writing an email or saving contacts to ACT! 2. Each time I close out of Outlook it sends an error saying that it needs to restart the session, do I want to send a report? (I've sent dozens.) I end up waiting for the restart and then closing which it does promptly. How do I eliminate these problems, especially #1? Thank you ...

Unread messages don't exist
My Outlook 2003 Unread Messages folder states that I have 11 unread messages in my inbox. I select the Inbox folder from the Unread Messages folder and right click and choose Mark Messages as Read. I'm then presented withe the following info: Cannot mark the items read or unread. The most likely reasons are: You don't have permissions to modify the items etc etc If I hi-light one of the messages and choose delete, I get the following: The item could not be deleted. It was either moved or already deleted, or access was denied. I cannot read the message either. I have run scanpst on...

can not forward or reply to messages
I was able to send, forward and reply to messages up til today. For some reason I can not forward or reply to messages today. They are greyed out. I am using Microsoft outlook 2007. Any idea how to fix this? And you cannot create new messages either? Probably the same applies to creating new documents in any of the other Office applications too. In that case it means that you haven't activated your copy of Office yet. You can do so in Outlook via Help-> Activate Product... -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto...

Bypassing message when running Update Qury
When I run an Update query I receive a message warning me that I am about to modify data. I click Yes and receive a second message warning that I am about to Update rows. Is it possible to suppress the messages so they do not appear when I run the query? thanks for any help. JoeP See: Action queries: suppressing dialogs, while knowing results at: http://allenbrowne.com/ser-60.html for a couple of ways to handle this. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mv...

Cannot view email
HI, I'm running outlook 2000 on windows 98se,we also have exchange server running from another server. I cannot open any email that I have received or sent. I have uninstalled and Reinstalled outlook 2000. I have stopped all services in the backround that I could. Everytime i double click to view(open) email the hourglass comes up and outlook freezes. What can I do next ,Gates ...

Alerts for IMAP emails
Is there any workaround to make IMAP emails give an alert in the same way that POP3 email does? Cheers ss. ...

Message with MFC in custom class #2
Hi How can I catch messages in an other class than the view? I have a MFC-SDI-Application which draws with OpenGL. I'd like to have a class, which handels the keyboard input, and another which handels the OpenGL drawing. Can i derive the new class from CCmdTarget? Does that work, and how would an example look like? Thank you John John wrote: > Hi > > How can I catch messages in an other class than the view? I have a > MFC-SDI-Application which draws with OpenGL. > I'd like to have a class, which handels the keyboard input, and another > which handels the OpenGL...

Outlook 2007 long delay when attaching a file
Hi group, I have a long delay (about a minute) when attaching a file. Outlook freezes for a minute before Browse for a file dialog appears. Configuration: Windows 7 x64 BitLocker is enabled Domain joined computer Outlook 2007 SP2 Outlook uses Exchange Server 2007 Any ideas? BR, Mindaugas Do you have mapped drives? That will add a delay. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.ne...

Multi-currency Tax Schedule ID
Hello: I have the following situation: The products we make have several government taxes that are set in US dollars, but we sell in another currency, so i thought if I can set this tax id in dollars and since we update the exchange rate daily there will be no problems at all, but in the definition of the tax schedule ID I don't seem to find where to set the currency I want. BTW we do have multi-currency installed and working. Regards Luis Are you required to collect sales tax outside the US?? You did not say where you were located so I am assuming you are in the US. You only ...