email merge in publisher

I created a document for email merge.  Merge fields in place, pick
recipients, merge, they all show fine on the screen, when I send, the
recipient receives and the merge field names show in the brackets and the
persons name is not there.  It shows on the publisher screen as the merged
name, once sent just the merge field in brackets shows up.  HELP

There is a lot of help here for email merges.
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/CH100502901033.aspx

Most folks do not accept HTML emails by default, you would be better served
sending your publication as a PDF attachment.

Or take a look at Tools, Options, Web tab, Check *Send entire publication as a
..jpeg image...*

Try creating your email in Outlook, it might do better.

If you have 2007 Microsoft has a save as PDF add-in.
https://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=4D951911-3E7E-4AE6-B059-A2E79ED87041&displaylang=en

--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"Ellen" <Ellen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I created a document for email merge.  Merge fields in place, pick
> recipients, merge, they all show fine on the screen, when I send, the
> recipient receives and the merge field names show in the brackets and the
> persons name is not there.  It shows on the publisher screen as the merged
> name, once sent just the merge field in brackets shows up.  HELP

0
Mary

Save attachment if email is from joe
I need to save an attachment to a specific network drive/folder if an email comes from a specific person. I know som excel vba but nothing in access, can u guys help me out? Thanks!~ You can create a rule in Outlook to run a script that might look like this: Public Sub SaveAtt(Mail as Outlook.MailItem) Dim Att as Outlook.Attachment If Mail.Attachments.Count Then Set Att=Mail.Attachments(1) Att.SaveAsFile "c:\" & Att.Filename Endif End Sub -- Best regards Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook Category Manager - Manage and share your categories: SAM ...

SQL Table
Hello, In Receivables Management, Customer Maintenance, there is a popup for the internet address for each customer's Address ID. In that popup is a field for the Email Address which is contained inside the Internet Information box. Can some please tell me where this email address is stored in the SQL database? Thanks. -- Bob Try SY01200 Hope this helps, rc. "Bob B" wrote: > Hello, > > In Receivables Management, Customer Maintenance, there is a popup for the > internet address for each customer's Address ID. In that popup is a field for > the Email...

Is there a strand-alone Publisher version for the Mac?
I have many Publisher files on my PC and I am now about to use a MacBook with an Intel chip. Can I get a version of Publisher to use with this Mac? EugSchwartz wrote: > I have many Publisher files on my PC and I am now about to use a MacBook with > an Intel chip. Can I get a version of Publisher to use with this Mac? If you use Parallels, VMWare Fusion, or Boot Camp to get an installation of Windows, you can use Publisher for Windows on that. There is no Mac version of Publisher. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org "EugSchwartz" <EugSchwartz@...

Font rendering in emailed newsletter
I have prepared a newsletter using Publisher's templates and it looks great in html (e.g. in Explorer), but when I email it as message body (or view it in the email preview) fonts are not rendered in the same way and the quality is much worse (the font is the same, but it looks as if it has a lower resolution, it does not have the same smooht look). Do you know what may be the cause and how I can address the problem? (Note that I do not want to send the newsletter as an attachment - it has to be the email body), Here is some additional information: - I am using Publisher 2003 and ...

Mail Merge and Stamps.com
Has anyone been able to do a mail merge from SFO client and add postage to their mailing? I am receiving an error saying that either one of the required fields is missing (checked, all there) or the data source is not compatible with Stamps.com. ...

Emailing from outlook
I am having problems sending emails from outlook. We use hot mail. The messages will just sit in the out box. I have no problem sening messages if I go directly to hot mail and send a message. Any suggestions? Yes - post your version of Outlook. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Marc asked: | I am having problems sending emails from outlook. We use | ...

Add disclaimer to all email
Is there anyway to add a disclaimer to internal and external mail sent via Outlook 2000/XP/2003 clients in an Exchange 2003 environment? All my research has led me to 3rd party apps that do this but, of course, at a cost. My CIO is asking me to find a "free" solution. But he requires both internal and external mail to be stamped. GFI Mail Essentials will do this if you download the 30 day trial version, after the trial ends the Disclaimer portion wil still work. Otherwise you can write an event sink, http://support.microsoft.com/Default.aspx?kbid=317680 or http://www.ms...

Programaticly / Automaticly save email attchments in exchange
I am looking for a soultion on how to automaticly save (detach) email attachments sent to a specific email address(mail box). The action would talke place on the exchange server when the mail arrives and would be put into a specific directory Can this be done with a script? Can this be done with VBA? If so, may I have a code sample. I apreacete you help. Regards, Peter ...

Error when send email from campaign response using template through workflow
Hello, There is an invalid argument error shown in workflow records if send email from campaign response using template. Is it impossible to send email in this way ? ...

Word as EMail Editor in Outlook, Smartquote Problem
Using Office 2003 in Win XP Pro. Word is set as e-mail editor in Outlook. Word is set to use smartquotes, as they look better than the plain straight quotes, in Word documents. However, that seems to cause problems in Outlook e-mail. Spell-checker reports that words are spelled incorrectly, and if sent as is, the other party receives them seeing squares instead of quotation marks. How can I fix this? Has anyone come up with a solution? You have to pick a font that you know has the characters, since not everyone receiving it is guaranteed to have the same font story that you have.... --...

Cannot delete an email from inbox
Hi there, I'm using Outlook 2000SR2 on a machine running NT4 and have a problem with it. I cant delete this one e-mail and even when i click on it (right and left) and the preview pane is not being used, it freezes the whole system and has to be rebooted. Any ideas on how to get rid of this annoyance? Thanks in advance Andy ...

OutlookXP keeps trying to send 'delivery reciept' to email account and fails
Hi, I am having problems 'sending and receiving' from Outolook XP. I keep getting the error "Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x80042109)". Looking up this error I understand that Outlook is trying to send a 'delivery reciept' for an email I received from someone. I had selected OK without noticing that the email came from my "Yahoo" email account. I cannot send email through my Yahoo email account from Outlook since Yahoo does not allow it (or I have not figured out how to set up). Now Outlook keeps trying to send out the 'delivery reciept&#...

Publisher Web Site Causes Explorer to Crash, Firefox works OK
I used Excel to graph some measurement data. I then copied and pasted to Publisher 2003. Added some text boxes. Used preview and all was well. FTP'd to my site and all was well. Until I tried IE v6.0. The index.htm page has three graphs. IE would only display the second, then crash and shutdown. Firefox works fine. I've tried this from several computers with the same results. I've worked on this for eight hours and gotten no where. I notice that there are tons of files that I didn't expect that get generated by Publisher when converting to HTML. Is there an...

Outlook won't accept Word as Email editor
I have been successfully using WORD as my email editor in Outlook 2000. I just upgraded to Outlook 2002, and I have lost the option in Outlook 2002 to "Use Microsoft Word to edit email messages." The option is grey-out. I have tried to activate by changing the "Compose in this message formt" between the options of Rich text, HTML, and plain text, but this had made no difference. I don't use a signature, as I am aware that this can cause a problem with trying to use WORD as the email editor. I have looked at my WORD options, and everything appears OK. I wil...

CRM Email not working
Hi group, I installed SFO on all my XP pro clients. They can email out of their Outlook 2003, however when they use the CRM Email and they hit send they get, "An error ocurred. Please contact your administrator." from a MS CRM message box. Everything else works fine task, appointments, calendar, contacts. What's going on with the CRM Email button? NEED HELP!!! TIA Hi Tia, - could you send mails from the webclient internal and external from crm? - Have you installed the MSCRM Exchange Mail Router? - Have you changed the port from MSCRM or Exchange, from 80 to any othe...

how do you remove the crm tracking reference in email subject lin
The vanilla v3.0 app adds a crm tracking reference into the subject line of outbound email, how do you prevent the crm track being sent with outbound mail to customers? -- colin mann, hawes signs on the crm web server as an administrator go to Settings - Organization settings - System Settings - Email Tracking ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm "Colin Mann Hawes Signs" <ColinMannHawesSigns@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D236297D-128C-45CA-B99A-5A51AF13B865@microsoft.com... > The vanil...

I can not email excel files
I am using xp- I can"t email a excel file? newbe wrote: || I am using xp- I can"t email a excel file? Umm what happens when you try? -- Interim Systems and Management Accounting Gordon Burgess-Parker Director www.gbpcomputing.co.uk And what are you doing to try?? -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "newbe" <newbe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4EBA3AC3-F379-4973-AB64-FBA9FD7F43A5@microsoft.com... > I am using xp- I can"t email a excel file? i was trying to e mail right out of excel but it would not work. I found out...

email address not updating in global list
We have a single Exchnage 2003 server. An exchnage enabled user account was created with the wrong spelling. I went to ADUC and right clicked on the object and renamed it. I then when into the properties and changed the spelling everywhere I could find it. I can manually send an email to the correct address, but When I go to Outlook 2003 and look inthe global list, the incorrect spelling is there. I made this correction over a week ago. I then went to Exchnage System Manager, and fond the Default Offline Address list and right clicked on the object and selected rebuild. But it s...

Contact selection problem in CRM 4 Mail Merge
I can use mail merge option for all contacts on page (grid) without any problems, but if I select one contact or a small selection of contacts the merge resulting list has one entry but only data from the user entity, not from the contact entity...I have no contacts to merge. Merge also fails if I select a merge from an open contact form. I have selected contact attributes in the template. I have administrative rights. Any ideas? ...

linking music to emails
How do you link music to emails so the music plays automatically when the email is opened? How do you reverse the process to extract the music from the email. I am sure it is on my hard disk somewhere since it plays even when I don't have an internet connection. Tony Osime <tony.osime@firstsmi.com> wrote: > How do you link music to emails so the music plays automatically when > the email is opened? See if this helps: http://www.howto-outlook.com/Howto/addingsound.htm -- Brian Tillman Check here to see if the information floats your boat! http://www.howto-outlook.com/How...

Can my incoming email be returned while on vacation
I am going on vacation. Instead of having to return to overwhelming server downloading of all incoming emails, can I do some thing to automatically reply that I am away from the office? If your isp supports it, you can set up a vacation responder on the mail server. ( If you do it in outlook, you need to leave the computer running while you are on vacation.) This won't help much with the volume of mail you have to deal with when you get back though. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: h...

Can't open hyperlink in emails
Using Outlook for emails. If I click on a hyperlink in an incoming email, it won't open. It's a standalone PC not on a network. What do I need to do to open hyperlinks in emails? Thanks. >-----Original Message----- >Using Outlook for emails. If I click on a hyperlink in >an incoming email, it won't open. It's a standalone PC >not on a network. What do I need to do to open >hyperlinks in emails? Thanks. >. > Found the answer...It's in Microsoft's Knowledge Base Article 310049. But I had to Google with keywords to get an outside we...

How do I change the default directory for Publisher 2003?
My c: drive was short on space after I upgraded to Office 2003 so I moved the clip art to a separate drive. No linking problems with Word, XP, etc - just Publisher where I really USE clip art! How can I tell Publisher that my clip art - and ALL pictures - are on a different drive? On Sun, 13 Nov 2005 21:25:03 +0000, The Kat wrote (in article <93A63632-5792-4B19-A2F5-99EE5260C3FB@microsoft.com>): > My c: drive was short on space after I upgraded to Office 2003 so I moved the > clip art to a separate drive. No linking problems with Word, XP, etc - just > Publisher where ...

Need to merge two credit cards
I lost my credit card, so the bank replaced it with one that has a new account number. I tried to "merge accounts manually" from the old account to the new one, but now my annual budget either double counts individual transactions, or if I close my old card account in Money, all of my transfers from checking to the credit card show up as an expense, instead of just a transfer between accounts. In microsoft.public.money, Steve wrote: >I lost my credit card, so the bank replaced it with one that has a new >account number. I tried to "merge accounts manually"...

Email from Publisher 2002 becomes very fuzzy
I need to send a publisher document from publisher containing both text and one graphic as the body of an email (using MS outlook). I have done this COUNTLESS times with absolutelly no problem as this is extremelly common in advertising real estate. Now, every time I send the email it comes out fuzzy. One discussion mentioned it being saved as a picture which i believe is what's happening but the solution given in the discussion was not helpful. What can i do to make it stop sending as a picture?? Why not compose the email within Outlook? When you send a Publisher document in ...