Duplex printing, one side is upside down. How to fix?

When I try to print a Publisher document in booklet form, my printer (a Canon
Pixma 5000) prints both sides, but one side is upside down.  Can anyone tell
me how to get it to print so all the pages are right side up?

Look in the print setup, clear "Flip pages up" or something similar, depending
on your printer model.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"JWynhausen" <JWynhausen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I try to print a Publisher document in booklet form, my printer (a Canon
> Pixma 5000) prints both sides, but one side is upside down.  Can anyone tell
> me how to get it to print so all the pages are right side up?

0
gsauer (5093)
3/22/2006 7:56:01 PM

"JWynhausen" wrote:

> When I try to print a Publisher document in booklet form, my printer (a Canon
> Pixma 5000) prints both sides, but one side is upside down.  Can anyone tell
> me how to get it to print so all the pages are right side up?

I expect this is way too late to help, but:

- Print -> Properties -> Page Setup -> StapleSide: Choose "Long Side Left"

Sounds like you are set to short-side stapling which is intended to do as
you describe -- think of it as intended for making tall calendars where the
back of one page is displayed above the front of the next page.  You want
book-like binding where the last page is to the left of the current one.

Exch 5.5
I have set up the IMC's Message Filtering to disable a previous employee from sending mail from his home email address in to our server. I am now being asked to block internal users with accounts on our server from sending out to this users home email address. Is there a way to block outbound email to one email address? We are running Sybari Antigen on our server but I can't see of a way to do this with that application either. ...

Multi-Select Activities and Close with one Button/Menu selection
Allow the User to multi-select Activities (of either the Tasks only, and then Appointments only or of ALL Activities that they want to close) and then Close the Activities as a group. A manual workflow for the Task or for Appointment only works when I have a single activity selected, which defeats the purpose. This multi-close should run from the Activities menu and also from the Account/Contact's Activities View. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "...

cannot print A4 size how do i do it
how do you print in A4 size In article <1E372C2C-A683-440F-A078-7CABBD995793@microsoft.com>, lonestar296 <lonestar296@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > how do you print in A4 size You set up your printer to print A4 which most (Not all, but most) do by default, you get a choice of Portrait or Landscape, you stick some A4 sheets of paper in the printer, then click the printer icon. If of course you mean "Set Print Area" in the sheet, that's another matter. Helps if the question is a bit more detailed and not quite so cryptic. Dave -- Dave Triffid I do ...

Printing or formatting issue? #2
Dear all, Please bear with me on this one, I have posted something similar in th past and thought this issue had been resolved but hasn't!! In Finance we have staff who work on individual worksheets, these ar then sent to one person who collates them into one workbook; this is the sent to our Finance MD and PA. The person who sends the workbook can print all sheets out fine on his HP5000n (A4 and A3), however the Finance P (HP4050) and the MD (HPxxx) cannot, they complain that the formatting is al "off". I can confirm that all these users and those who originally create the wor...

I'm not sure if this is possible. Very recently, One of our clients posted the Sales Transactions of about 4,000 and posted to GL as well. After posting, he realized that all GL entries for these ba
I'm not sure if this is possible. Very recently, One of our clients posted the Sales Transactions of about 4,000 and posted to GL as well. After posting, he realized that all GL entries for these batches are updated to one single date. On research, We found that the Postings Settings are somehow changed to pick up the Posting Date from Batch for General Entry Transactions. Now, I'm just checking on a possibility if we could reset these transactions dates by way of a SQL statement to copy the dates from SOP30200 table to GL20000 for these transactions alone. Say, A Transaction for whic...

One-to-One Table keys
Table1 is the parent table, Table2 is the child table. Table3 is joined to Table2 in a one-to-one relation. The purpose of Table3 is for additional fields that only apply to a subset of the records in Table2. A form/subform is used to view Table1 header info with Table2 detail info. I think I want a similar form/subform to view Table1/Table3. Q: Does this mean the same key field used to relate Tables 1 & 2 must also be present in Table3, making Table3 another child to Table1? It seems this must be so; on the other hand it might be unnecessary in view of the one-to-...

Shift all text into one cell
If I have three cells that have text in them that are next to each other is there a way to move all the text into one cell? (Not with a formula, actually move the text) Without more detail, place your cursor on the left most cell in the row Option Explicit Sub movetext() Dim r, c, lc, i As Long Dim ms As String r = ActiveCell.Row c = ActiveCell.Column lc = Cells(r, Columns.Count).End(xlToLeft).Column For i = c To lc ms = ms & " " & Cells(r, i) Cells(r, i).ClearContents Next i 'MsgBox ms Cells(r, c) = ms End Sub -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software d...

Duplex printing in Publisher 2003 again v.11
For a 36 page booklet, can you help me a.) print p1 & 34 and 2 & 33 only using duplex printer (Canon)? and b.) have we discovered yet how to duplex a full sample booklet on a duplex printer? I'd be obliged. Robform1 Robform wrote: > For a 36 page booklet, can you help me a.) print p1 & 34 and 2 & 33 only > using duplex printer (Canon)? and Printing 1 and 36 only: File > Print > Pages 1 to 1 > OK > Print as separate booklet = No. Change 1 to 2 to do 2 and 35 only. (Pages 1 and 34 are not on the same spread, so I assumed you meant 1 and 36, etc.) ...

Headlines Problem Fixed
For those who have been following this issue, the problem of the links to the headlines on the MS Money home page not working has been fixed; all the links now open. ...

Select ALL filter in one fell swoop
Sometimes it is difficult to see all the columns which has a filter applied, is there a convenient way to select the ALL option on a filter for all the filters in the sheet. I do not want to remove the filter only have a handy way of not having the filter applied. there could be up to 6 columns filtered on the sheet at the same time. Choose Data>Filter>Show All Pat wrote: > Sometimes it is difficult to see all the columns which has a filter > applied, is there a convenient way to select the ALL option on a filter for > all the filters in the sheet. I do not want to remov...

cursor stuck on one cell
Somehow the cursor is stuck on one cell. If I hit the up, down, right or left arrow key, the whole sheet shifts around but the same cell remains highlighted. I tried freezing and unfreezing panes, that doesn't seem to be the issue. Please help. Tom, Turn off the Scroll Lock key, located above the HOME and END keys. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Tom Lee" <tomlee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:736801c3e759$add4b5d0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Somehow the cursor is stuck on one cel...

Printing problem #6
We have Outlook 2000 here and one of our workstations is printing differently than the others, even though the settings are the same. We are trying to print our contacts from our public folders and for some reason the machine is printing only only half of the contacts on one page and the other 5 on another. The other machines are printing the whole list on one page landscape Letter mode 11x8.5. The offending machine looks almost like it is trying to print a legal sized envelop in the middle of the page. There is about 2 inches on the top and bottom of the page. The list is centered and no...

how can I open attachments with several pages to read and print
I had a situation last Fall where my Outlook preferences changed, it's now becoming annoying. Before I could open attachments with several pages, review them by page and print as needed. Suddenly every attachment activates my CS2 program, this change now causes me to read each page separately by going back and reopening the attachment then go to the page each and every time? willywlm@comcast.net wrote: NOTE: Do not expose your true e-mail address in newsgroup posts. Spam bots harvest e-mail address from Usenet. Munge your e-mail address or use a bogus one (but do NOT u...

Printing error
The rows in the print range are printing as pages? Robert Maybe you can give us a little more info. How is your data laid out? How many blank rows between rows of data? How long are the rows relative to one printout row? Is all this on one sheet? How, exactly, are you telling Excel to print the range? Exactly how? What does Excel do? What did you want Excel to do? HTH Otto "Robert Feenet" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:074601c3ce1d$cb9e79c0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > The rows in the print range are printing as pages? ...

One user cannot use OWA
Hi Good Day, I am running an Exchange 2003 mail server. It is on a two node clustered backend. the Exchange frontend server is on the same network as the cluster nodes. The OWA address is https:mail.lonsaatch.com/exchange Users can use OWA normally. However, there is one user who cannot use OWA. You can login to the OWA page, but instead of seeing the OWA interface, you get an error: HTTP Error 404 - File or directory not found Internet Information Services (IIS) This error appears on both frames of the OWA interface. The username is benson&hedges. What can I do to get OWA work...

Printing sequence errors?
My checks are printing in the wrong sequence when I print several checks in a row. They are going last to first. Any ideas on how to fix this problem? cstengel@comcast.net Several checks (3,2,1 on a sheet) or several sheets (4,5,6 on the first sheet printed and 1,2,3 on the last sheet printed)? If the latter, see http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q99. "casey stengel" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:22aa01c3e11f$ad4b39d0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > My checks are printing in the wrong sequence when I print > several checks in a row. They are going...

outlook just can start one time
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C360E9.B54C9F90 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="gb2312" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am using win98 and outlook2002. I create a new profile for Outlook2002 = to connect to our Echange 2000 server. First time I can start = Outlook2002 and work fine. But after I close Outlook2002 and start it = again. I receive the following error message: Your logon information was incorrect. Check your username and domain, = then type your password again. If your account is new or if your = administrator r...

How do I print greyscale in excel?
How can I get my font to print ghosted or in greyscale in excel? right click the cell, Format Cells - Font - click on color and pick grey You might want to run through all available fonts "Walt" wrote: > How can I get my font to print ghosted or in greyscale in excel? For selected cells in ghost/gray, select light gray font color For whole spreadsheet in ghost/gray, select from options in you printer menu olivier.villedey@neufcegetel.f -- dzi ----------------------------------------------------------------------- dziw's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?actio...

print message tracking list?
I need to print out a display of all the messages tracked by a user, is this possible? i know you cant save each individual email's message history, but i need to print a list of all the messages a user sent out in a week. I believe about all you can do is to execute a "print screen"... "Derek" <Derek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:077BF10C-0628-4280-AB2E-F89A4E5B2EE7@microsoft.com... > I need to print out a display of all the messages tracked by a user, is this > possible? i know you cant save each individual email's message history...

how to import word 2007 custom setting from one computer to anothe
I have a lot of custom settings in Word 2007 on one computer. I am installing word on another computer and want to import all my settings--toolbar, dictionaries, macros, etc. How do I do this. I have info on how to do the auto-correct entries, but haven't found info on how to do the others. thanks. also, I am wondering why even tho I check the "notify me of replies" box on this site, I never get notified of replies. ...

database fix
It seems my data entry person forgot to change the "tax field" and now all my items need to be fixed onscreen. I know there is a way I can fix this with a script... Just not knowledgeable enough to know the script or the field I need to change.... suggestions? Storm, If your meaning of "fixed" means the wrong or no tax code was assigned to the items, run a 170 Assign Item Sales Tax wizard. SO Manager | Wizards | Task 170 or if using HQ a 320 worksheet. That will give you the ability to change tax codes per item, department, etc. Select the tax you wish to use...

Dulpex Printing.
Can anyone help?? I have 5 page excel workbook. I can print all 5 worksheets by making all tab 'active'. then select print. My printer will auto duplex.-- except when trying to print several active worksheets. I can find NO refernece anywhere to this particular application, but I have since tried it on various types of printers with the same results. what about if you try to print the entire workbook? Go to File-->Print and under Print What select "Entire Workbook" "Kirk Bauer" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:047f01c3a02...

How to find printouts already printed in one note
How do i find the printouts in one note? Like i printed stuff to it but cant find it. -------- Original-Nachricht -------- > How do i find the printouts in one note? Like i printed stuff to it but cant > find it. Look at what you've set under Tools, Options, "Send to Onenote" Bernd ...

small type when printed
My worksheet is compressed to really tiny print when I print it to a printer or pdf Create. Only one tab is small print. I can not see anything in page set-up or formatting that would cause this problem. Check Page Setup>Page for scaling options. Adjust to Percent? Fit to: 1 by 1 can make things tiny Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Mon, 10 May 2010 12:41:01 -0700, kmonhoff <kmonhoff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >My worksheet is compressed to really tiny print when I print it to a printer >or pdf Create. Only one tab is small print. I can not see...

Different price lists on one quote in CRM 3.0
Is there any way to customize CRM to allow you to select a price list for every each product line in quote, order and invoice? We need this because we have different products from different suppliers which we want to put together for a solutions quotes. Hi TTL This can be done, you must choose all products from one price list, then save it, then you can change the price list and choose other products, save it and choose another. You must save in between changing lists otherwise it wont work. HTH Ben This will seem to work at first. BUT when you click the recalculate button or change so...