doc from Publisher 2000 to 2003

I have a document that was originally created using Publisher 2000 and was
imported into the 2003 version and I've noticed a strange problem... on one
page, a text box was created and superimposed overtop of a clipart image and
the text box was free rotated so that the text would match the angle of the
clipart image.  But now, when printing that page, the text in the rotated box
will not print clearly... I even deleted the old text box, recreated it using
the same text as before and free rotated it to fit the image again and still
the text will not print clearly... but if I leave the text box alone... in
other words...  DO NOT free rotate to angle it, the words will print clearly!
 Any idea why this is happening?  The printer is the same one I've been
printing this Publisher file with for the last 8 or 9 years... an HP Color
Laserjet 8550N

Rotate from the format menu. Right-click the text box, format text box, size
tab. Maybe it will be clearer. Is it a common font?
I rotated some text (TNR), it did not look good on screen but it printed
perfect. I also have a laser printer, probably much older than yours. Although
mine is a b & w printer, might make a difference.
Have you tried WordArt? There is a download for WordArt compatibility so you can
use 2000 WordArt in the newer versions. You use it by Insert, Object, Scroll
down to Microsoft WordArt 3.2
Download details Publisher 2003-2002 Add-in WordArt Compatibility
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=897AA11B-A37D-4586-A1A7-54BBEA375AE2&displaylang=en
This will work in 2007 and 2010
--
Mary Sauer MVP
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"rjones" <rjones@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a document that was originally created using Publisher 2000 and was
> imported into the 2003 version and I've noticed a strange problem... on one
> page, a text box was created and superimposed overtop of a clipart image and
> the text box was free rotated so that the text would match the angle of the
> clipart image.  But now, when printing that page, the text in the rotated box
> will not print clearly... I even deleted the old text box, recreated it using
> the same text as before and free rotated it to fit the image again and still
> the text will not print clearly... but if I leave the text box alone... in
> other words...  DO NOT free rotate to angle it, the words will print clearly!
> Any idea why this is happening?  The printer is the same one I've been
> printing this Publisher file with for the last 8 or 9 years... an HP Color
> Laserjet 8550N

0
Mary

Adding row to table in Publisher 2003?
I created a table in Publisher 2003 with two rows and four columns. I added four pictures to the 1st row ( one in each column), and added the text in the 2nd row (each text item to correspond with the picture above). Now I wanted to add a row above the first 1st because I wanted to add a title, then put a border around the table. But when I select Table, the first row, and select Insert Row ABOVE, the row always ends up BELOW the row I selected. What do I need to do? Thanks for help! Susan I cannot duplicate this. Are you highlighting the complete row? You need to only place your curs...

Automatically check mail in Outlook 2003
I have a new PC running XP Media Center 2005 and Office Standard 2003 trial. My PC has a built in LAN card. I use 56k dial-up modem to access POP3 on local ISP. Although I tried getting some info on Outlook 2003 from ISP they are no help--most use Outlook Express and are not familiar with Outlook. I want the PC to automatically dial and check for mail when off line every 2 hours. I would like to have outlook check mail when I am online about every 10-15 minutes. Office originally setup Outlook as if it was connected to mail server by LAN so I changed to modem. My Internet Explorer ...

Confusion in VS 2003 over declaring a new class....
We have an app that requires .net 1.1 to work, so are using VS 2003 for convenience. I'm most of the way through cleaning up the code that was originally created in VS 2008, so that it will not error on build. One particular statement has me a bit confused, as I cannot find any obvious examples to explain it. m_Results.PR = New Validator.Details currently complains that type Validator.Details is not defined, which is correct. I tried to add a new Details class to the Validator class, and declared several variables that are then used m_Results.PR.UPRN = getSelectedRowVal...

Outlok 2003 Word Attachments are Read Only and in 2 page view
I have a client with Outlook 2003 and when he receives an email with a word doc attached and attempts to open it (rather than save it 1st) it opens in Word as read only and shows as a split screen (2 page book view). if he saves it to the drive 1st he can remove the read only attribute and then Word opens it normally. Any Ideas? Not sure why the view is different. My OT advice - always save attachments you want to edit, and then open them. Otherwise you're using a temp copy of the file & may lose changes. Marc Seidler wrote: > I have a client with Outlook 2003 and when he recei...

Why is Publisher printing very light, hard to read, after reinstal
I had to reload my Microsoft Office 2000 and now the print on my Publisher documents is very light and hard to read. How do I change this to a darker look? Betty FLorida This is not a Publisher issue. Do you have your printer set to draft? Is your driver current? Clean your printer heads. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Betty Florida" <Betty Florida@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:331DD522-35D0-4448-9DA8-744A74476E25@microsoft.com... >I had to reload my Microsoft Office 2000 an...

From Ms Excel can you directly publish with Ms Word
Hi Rathey than simply copy paste is there anything in Excel similar to MS Access? In MS Access if you highlight a table. Then the Menu bar the office links gives you the option to - -Merge it with Microsoft Word -Publish it with Microsoft Word -Analyse it with Microsoft Excel The second option is a very neat way to get Excel into Word Thanks Jay From Publisher 2003 Help............. Export text Although you cannot export directly from Microsoft Publisher, you can cut and paste all or part of the text in a publication to a document in another application. You can also save the publicatio...

Excel 2003
Whenever a colleague updates a spreadsheet I've created it comes back 10MBytes large whereas it was originally only 50KBytes. It looks to me as if the colleague accidentally adds tens or hundreds of thousands of empty rows. How can I delete all rows below a certain row. Delete does not work. Copying the real rows into a new worksheet loses the formatting. When I apply the formatting from the big spreadsheet (paste formatting) I end up with hundreds of thousands of rows again :-( Any suggestions? Tom Selecting all the rows below your actual data. Right-click, delete cells. (this is...

Receiving Blank Emails from Outlook 2003 User
Hi! One of my users is sending a blank email to everyone that sends her an email. I have no idea how this is happening. But I send her an email and get a blank one from her. Any clues? She uses Outlook 2003 with the latest patches. PMD Is Out of Office turned on? Pascal Dorion wrote: > Hi! > > > One of my users is sending a blank email to everyone that sends her an > email. I have no idea how this is happening. But I send her an email and get > a blank one from her. > > Any clues? > > She uses Outlook 2003 with the latest patches. > > > P...

How do I assign a shortcut key to an existing macro in Excel 2003.
ntahall, Alt+F8 to bring up the choose macro box, select your macro, options, assign a shortcut from there -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2000 & 2003 ** remove news from my email address to reply by email ** "ntahall" <ntahall@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:21B6102C-4B88-4131-A9AC-C48879896A17@microsoft.com... > ...

Exchange 2003 System Manager Server Modified Date Meaning
Hi, I am looking for some info on the Exchange 2003 system manager server property page. It shows in the right hand colum all the servers and service packs and the furthest right says "modified date" Could some one please eleborate on what this actually means? Thanks On Tue, 31 Jan 2006 06:20:28 -0800, Darrel <Darrel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I am looking for some info on the Exchange 2003 system manager server >property page. It shows in the right hand colum all the servers and service >packs and the furthest right says "modified d...

Importing Addresses/Contacts from Outlook 2000 to 2002
ok...I have a new laptop running Windows XP, and Office 2002, including Outlook 2002. My old laptop is running Windows 2000. I have reinstalled Windows 2000 several times on many machines, and each time all I have had to do was replace outlook.pst on the new install with my back- up'd version, and everything worked fine. Now on my XP machine, I did the same thing (overwrote the existing-new outlook.pst) by putting my old outlook.pst file from Windows 2000 into the proper location on my new (XP) laptop. EVERYTHING worked perfect (old email is all there, Contacts show up, folders...

Printers On SBS 2003
I have 10 network printers on an SBS 2003 net. In learning this install, I discovered they all have static IP reservations. They are accessed by a mix of Win 7, XP and Vista workstations. I am getting ready to move them to a new server. Is it really necessary to use static IP's for shared network printers? Thanks in advance. Necessary? Well HIGHLY Recommended that you have a static IP if you ever have to access them from an IP do IP printing etc et. So Yes, not just for YOU but for anyone who else is going to work on your systems Get the Label Printer out and put t...

Trouble opening publisher docs from CD
I burned a CD containing publisher documents (all were changed from read only)for a associate to use. However, when the associate put in the CD, he could open the documents, but could NOT make any changes or additions. A box comes up stating something about "hidden" atributes or something like that. He also copied the entire folder into his computer and still couldn't make any changes or additions to the individual documents. What are we doing wrong. I appreciate any help to resolve this problem and thank anyone who may have the answer. Once those publications ar...

Publisher centerfold
I am making a booklet and I am trying to get the centerfold filled with content. Right now the center is blank which isn't professional. I am aware of the other thread where the suggestion as given to create a seperate document, remove the center paper, and print the other document on the centerfold seperately. This would work, but would be impossible to do for hundreds of seperate booklets. Is there any way to get content on the centerfold of my booklet without a seperate docement and print? I can get my booklet to put text in the center and when I move from one page to the other...

Importing messages from Outlook 2003 into 2000?
I have Outlook 2003 on my computer at work and Outlook 2000 on my computer at home. I would like to move some messages from my work to my home machine. Unfortunately, Outlook 2000 doesn't seem able to understand the .pst files generated by Outlook 2003. Is there any way around this? Colin Make sure you create and copy items into a legacy (Outlook 97 - 2002) pst file. See File | New | Outlook Data file. Pick the Outlook 97 - 2002 type. Copy items form mailbox to this new pst. Close it when done (right click on personal folders and select close/disconnect.) "Colin Caulkins&...

Outlook 2003 not closing #2
When I'm done reading and sending mail I close Outlook (It's version 2003, running under Windows XP) using the 'Close' button. After going through a day of opening, checking and answering mail and then closing when done, I've noticed that Task Manager shows multiple copies of OUTLOOK.EXE running. None of them seem to be taking CPU resources, but they do have memory assigned. During the day, I don't notice any error messages. Everything seems to be working fine. There are no clues to indicate that something hasn't closed until I try to re-boot the PC. Th...

excel 2000 convert to excel 2003
Hi I would like to move current excell 2000 spread sheets and open them in 2003 excel. Please help in any way. I have copied my excell 2000 data onto a floppy however it will not open in Excel 2003 XL2000 and XL2003 share exactly the same file format and so should open just fine in either. However, you should never open XL files on floppies - XL uses temporary files, which may exceed the capacity of the floppy. Instead, copy the file from the floppy to your HD before opening. In article <72864281-728A-4B27-8317-A760E6440BB2@microsoft.com>, cityof <cityof@discussions.microsoft...

Font size changes in Excel 2003 charts when re-opened
For certain charts that I create within Excel 2003 (usually bar charts), I use a font size of 8 (eg for data labels, axis labels, and scale). If I close the file and then re-open it, all these fonts will have become size one (title and legend are not effected). Oddly, if I have created a bar chart and made several copies of it within a worksheet, it will only be the original and not the copies that are affected by this. If anyone can shed any light on why this may be happening and how it could be fixed, I would really appreciate it. Lucie ...

Cannot delete mailbox/email account from Outlook 2003
Hello All - I'm a systems admin at a company that use exchange server. Someone added a mailbox to an e-mail account, and it appears as a second mailbox in the folder list. The only problem is, I can't delete it. If I right click the mail account, select "close mailbox...", I receive the error that the mailbox is associated with an account, and to remove it I need to go to Tools, E-mail accounts, view or change, blah blah blah. If I go to that route, I can delete the Microsoft Exchange Server account that exists. However, in the "Deliver new e-mail to the following loca...

Publisher 2003 #5
I just installed Publisher 2003 and it put on the Microsoft Office Tools. I open Publisher and try to use the "Send To" command to Microsoft Office and I get a message that either Excel, Word .. etc. needs to be loaded. I use Microsoft Office XP Pro. All these are installed. I have re-tried installing the program but can't get it to load. Any ideas ??? ...

Outlook 2003 / Microsoft Office Connector / "locked" email address
Upon initiating Outlook 2003 for the first time, the Microsoft Office Connector box pops up. Now because the first time I entered the email address, I was not thinking and put the wrong "recognized" emial address in the box. Now I am unable to insert the correct sign-in email address. It is "grayed" out and I can't seem to change it, thus is not a recognized no matter what I do. This has totally shut me down on using Outlook 2003. I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times now with the same results. Please. I am desperate. Thank you. -- Musoswish Control...

Printing Email in Outlook from Publisher
We are sending a publisher document as an email message. When it arrives in Outlook and we try to print the email, it elects to become hundreds of pages except it is only 5. Thank you. ...

Finding Contacts in Outlook 2003
I have a client whom I recently switched from Outlook Express to Outlook 2003. In Outlook Express he was able to create a new e-mail message and search the address book for recipients based on e-mail addresses or portions thereof instead of by name. In Outlook 2003 he cannot duplicate this type of search. I have tested this behavior in Outlook 2002 and I, too, cannot find and add contacts to an e-mail message by anything other than name. Is it possible to duplicate the find behavior of Outlook Express in Outlook 2003 or is there a work-around that will do so? Bob N. it works for me an...

Publisher "The clipboard is busy" error.
When I cut/copy and paste from the MS Clips online library I get errors. Publisher cannot complete the operation Then immediately following I get the next box: The clipboard is busy. Publisher cannot currently cut, copy or paste your data because another program is using the clipboard. Wait a moment and try again, or close other programs and try again. No other programs are open. The clips are very small. I have shut down and restarted. I have tried other items and some work. Any help? MS Publisher 2002 (10.4629.4219) sp2 Thanks, Rob Might empty your cache. When the temp folder is fu...

IMAP access from MAC's to Exchange 2000
Guys a question for you re IMAP. We have a server (Exchange 2000 sp3 August 2004 Post SP3 Roll-UP with mirrored 36.gb disks and 2Gb of ram) in our org in a site with around local 30-40 clients. About 5-10 of these are Mac's. When the mac clients access their email (via IMAP using mail.app) the server performance falls through the floor. If the Mac's access their mail any other way all appears to be fine. I am in the process of trying Entourage 2004 on their machines but as this is a pay for client they are reluctant to spend the cash when they have a free mail client built into...