display multiple pages

On my first attempt to use Publisher (Office 2003) I can find no way to
display 2 consecutive pages side by side on the screen; only one page at a
time shows up even though I have room on a 1920x1200 monitor for more.

I've searched Office Help and this 4rum with terms like "display multiple
pages", "show 2 pages side by side" but remain totally frustrated and
baffled...

You need at least three pages before you can see a two page spread. View,
two-page spread. Create your publication on pages two & three, when you are
finished delete page one.

Print preview can preview multiple pages, look for the icon on the preview page.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Adam Skeaping" <adamskeaping@NOTCOLDmail.com> wrote in message
> On my first attempt to use Publisher (Office 2003) I can find no way to
> display 2 consecutive pages side by side on the screen; only one page at a
> time shows up even though I have room on a 1920x1200 monitor for more.
>
> I've searched Office Help and this 4rum with terms like "display multiple
> pages", "show 2 pages side by side" but remain totally frustrated and
> baffled...

0
mary-sauer (6480)
4/17/2008 6:41:48 PM
"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> You need at least three pages before you can see a two page spread. View,
> two-page spread. Create your publication on pages two & three, when you are
> finished delete page one.
>
> Print preview can preview multiple pages, look for the icon on the preview page.

Wow, Mary, thanks.  How the hell does MS think that ordinary dimwits like me
can possibly be expected to know that?  If it's in the help file, I'm puzzled
why no search criterea I could devise would uncover it.  Then I tried
Google, then this forum, and STILL I was unable to discover this simple
kludge.

Anyway, many thanks again for sorting this out for me so quickly
Adam, I don't think it is in a help file. I only found it out by chance. Thanks
for posting back, I truly appreciate it. We are always here to help.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> You need at least three pages before you can see a two page spread. View,
>> two-page spread. Create your publication on pages two & three, when you are
>> finished delete page one.
>>
>> Print preview can preview multiple pages, look for the icon on the preview
>> page.
>
> Wow, Mary, thanks.  How the hell does MS think that ordinary dimwits like me
> can possibly be expected to know that?  If it's in the help file, I'm puzzled
> why no search criterea I could devise would uncover it.  Then I tried
> Google, then this forum, and STILL I was unable to discover this simple
> kludge.
>
> Anyway, many thanks again for sorting this out for me so quickly

0
mary-sauer (6480)

multiple lines of business
excuse me to repost, I wonder whether "business unit dependent", multiple instance data could be implemented with MSCRM. I explain: Customer may be rated "A" in our BU "hardware" but is rated "C" in our BU "software". This could iclude many other data, especially classifications but also contacts. Object-wise this would mean - 1:n BU dependent data subsets (extensions) to an object (i.e. to "account", the address part beeing BU-independent etc.etc..) OR - a classification field clearly saying the object belongs to ONE Business Unit...

Multiple versions of a catalog in Word
Hi Team, I hope you can help me. My boss has asked me to create a flexible catalog of our products to be distributed in a couple of different regions. We would like the ability to easily make changes across the entire catalog to reflect changes specific to a particular region. For example, he would like to make a U.S. catalog and a Canadian version, and with as few clicks as possible, make the prices in the Canadian catalog reflect an adjustment because of currency. Is there an easy way to do this? I am reserved to the fact that I will probably have to have an external document ...

Display HWND on screen
Hi, I hav the following code, which captures a HWND frame BOOL CInterfazVideo::CapturarCuadro(CString IDRes) { //cpture Frame capGrabFrame( hCaptureWindow ); identificacionRes = IDRes; char buf[128]; sprintf(buf, "c:\\OjoDeBife\\%s.bmp" , IDRes); capFileSaveDIB( hCaptureWindow, buf); //save the image //close the capture window PostMessage( hCaptureWindow,WM_CLOSE,NULL,NULL); return true; } I'm using dicument/View architecture, and I would like to display the captured HWND image on screen. I'm a rookie, all help would be very appreciated Regards, Since you...

Re What is the formula for adding multiple numbers in a cell
Hi Hoping someone can help me, i know it's a really basic thing but i just need to know how to add multiple numbers to single excel cell. The spreadsheet is being used for a monthly sales report & i need to add the daily sales figures to each persons name in the report & have it auto tally each personal totals over the month. Thanks Tony Hi, If u want to sum based on multiple conditions ( persons name, month etc ) then check out SUMPRODUCT formula at http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.SUMPRODUCT.html Thanks a lot, Hari India "merlin_au" <merlin_au@discuss...

Outlook xp
I can't figure out how to display a record of use of Microsoft and other computer applications in Outlook. ...

Changing the second # in Page # of #
In MS Word 2007, I am trying to add a Page # of # to a portion of a report and cannot find how to change the count to just count the section and not the entire document. For example: document is 10 pages long including cover page and table of contents so when I add the page # of # it says 1 of 10... I want it to say 1 of 8, exempting the cover page and table of contents. Thanks! Press ALT+F9 Change the{Numpages} field to a {SectionPages} field then press F9 to update and ALT+F9 to display the result. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>><...

projecting the notes pages in PPT 2007

Formatting multiple forms
I have 16 forms that I would like to be identical in layout, although the content is different in each. I am having to go through and hand-format eash one. Is there a way to do one form and automate the rest? Thanks!!!!! Create a "template form" that has the formatting like you want it for all of them. Then make a copy of the template to start a new form. Now add your record source and controls. -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "Golfinray" wrote: > I have 16 forms that I would like to be identical in layout, although the > content is different in each....

FrontPage 2003 multiple file selection
I can no longer select more than 2 files using ctrl-click when I want to publish just certain files. If I ctrl-click a third file after selecting the first two, the file I first selected is deselected. Whatever I do, only the last two files are selected. I've used FP 2003 for years on an XP machine without this problem. When it was replaced with a new Vista machine, it worked fine. Suddenly this selection problem popped up at the same time I started to get Out of Memory errors while publishing to the remote site (see my other post on 12/31/09). Any ideas would be apprec...

Error opening multiple mailboxes on Exchange 5.5
I have recently migrated users/mailboxes to a new domain and server. Using the Exchange Administrator, under the Permissions Tab I have added User B to Users A's mailbox with the User role, I add User A Mailbox as additional mailboxes under exchange properties or click Open other USers folder and I recieve "Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Office Outlook could not access the specified folder location.". I can log in as User A and grant permission that way but not Via the Exchange Administrator? Server is Windows 2000 AD running Exchange 5.5 SP4 Any Ideas? ...

blank web page
after i update my web and re-published, my web page became blank. nothing! but google's ad. what is going on here? Please repost your question in the web group and include the version of Publisher you are using, a link to the site, and more details, and we will try to help you there. The web group: news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign DavidF "aart" <aart@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A7D988DE-7D73-4F03-8234-F595156C65FC@microsoft.com... > after i update my web and re-published, my web page became blank. > nothin...

adding multiple items to a subform
I am using access 2003. I am attempting to setup an inventory database for equipment that we loan out to various clients. I have followed the Northwinds Example and everything seems to work well when using it. Now I am trying to customize the use. My main form is called frmLoan and is populated by a query. I have a subform on that form that is related to a table (tblLoanDetails). LoanID EquipmentID Equipment Value These two are joined by using LoanID in the master and child link fields. I have a command button on the main form and when clicked it opens a form called frmEquipmentSearch. ...

Display Names #4
I want to be able to suppress the display names of all mails received by my exchange server. The from: field should show me only the email ids and not the display names of the sender. Is there a way i can do this ? Try Global Settings -> Internet Message Formats -> Properties -> Advanced -- "Tanveer" <Tanveer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C4F3EDA6-CFC0-4BD6-A9CF-D66735511941@microsoft.com... >I want to be able to suppress the display names of all mails received by my > exchange server. The from: field should show me only the email ids a...

Outlook across multiple users.
I use Outlook with Windows XP on my home computer. How can I set up Outlook such that all logon users see the same (i.e. the same inbox and outbox etc etc) without having to set up Outlook from scratch for the second user. Richard F wrote: > I use Outlook with Windows XP on my home computer. How > can I set up Outlook such that all logon users see the > same (i.e. the same inbox and outbox etc etc) without > having to set up Outlook from scratch for the second user. You'll have to manually set up an Outlook profile for each user, once, using the same PST file. ...

Save as web-page
How do I save a visio diagram as a web page - then when viewing it have the default zoom set to 200% (instead of scalable)? Thanks -tom Hi Tom, You can pass in a parameter if the webpage html is hosted on a web server which will allow you to specify the zoom level. Example for parameter: http://foo/drawing1.htm?page=Page-1&zoom=200 Note: Zoom is only available if your Save as Web output format is the default VML format. If you are not hosting the webpage html on a webserver, or if you don't want to use a parameter on the URL to change the zoom level, you can edit the code i...

outlook 2003 mailto: display issue for UTF-8 chars (thru IE6)
Hi, How to display Chinese Chars correctly using mailto: in Outlook 2003? Same code: <a href=3D"mailto:bill shen?subject=3Dtesting&body=3D=E8=B0=83=E6=9F=A5">Se= nd mail</a><br / >. I tried setting the IE codepage to uft-8 or gb2312, see below htm page in IE6: <meta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dgb2312" /= > And set my outlook 2003's outlook Mail Format->Interational Options- >Encoding Options->Preferred encoding for outgoing messages to Unicode(UTF-8) or Chinese Simplified(GB2312), and che...

Project Server 2007
We are synching our Enterprise Resource Pool with an Active Directory Group. A new AD group was created, and users moved to this new group. As a result, no one in the new group can log on because we only synch with the original AD group. My question is...can we synch our ERP with multiple AD groups? Thanks -- ITPM ITPM -- I believe that the Project Server 2007 synchronizes the Enterprise Resource Pool with only one AD group, so you need to have all of your resources in a single AD group. Beyond this, your Project Server administrator should navigate to the Active D...

Relationships with multiple columns?
Hello, Is it possible to build a relationship that looks at more than one column for a single match? For example I have a table with staff information that has multiple logins (4) columns and another table with activity information that only has one login. I want to be able to query/report with information from both where login = login 1 or login2 or login3 or login4 but can only build a relationship that looks at one column then stops. Is there a way to make access do this? On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 14:17:58 -0000, Dustin R <dustin.russell@gmail.com> wrote: >Hello, >Is it possible to...

Selecting multiple public folders
Hi, I'm running Exch2003 and Outlook 2003. I need to add a user to a group of public folders. In both Outlook and Exchange System manager I can only select one folder at a time. Is there any way around this problem? regards, Pete Pete Halasovski <pjh43@cam.ac.uk> wrote: > Hi, > > I'm running Exch2003 and Outlook 2003. I need to add a user to a > group of public folders. In both Outlook and Exchange System manager > I can only select one folder at a time. Is there any way around this > problem? > regards, > > Pete Set up your permissions on the...

wprintf() could not display unicode chars which is > 255 to console?
Hi�� I encountered a problem about wprintf() to display unicode chars which is > 255 in my console app. I am sure I have defined _UNICODE in my VC6 Project Setting. I had a search with google and found that my question was some like the case: http://blog.kalmbachnet.de/?postid=23 . Is it true that there is some bugs in wprintf()? Thanks for your help. David I assume you are writting a c++ program. Can you give preference for ostream cout, wcout on printf/wprintf? use wcout like this:- wcout << L"How are you?" -- Vipin Aravind MVP "David" <David_Wa...

display column A
Column A & B are hid in a spreadsheet. All the normal ways will not unhide them. any suggestions? Are they grayed out? If so, chances are your worksheet is protectd, and you'll have to go to Tools | Protection | Unprotect Sheet If not, try press F5 Type A1:B1 in the prompt. Click okay Then go to Format | Sheet | Unhide tj "Rick" wrote: > Column A & B are hid in a spreadsheet. All the normal ways will not unhide > them. any suggestions? Should have been Format | Column | Unhide tj "tjtjjtjt" wrote: > Are they grayed out? If so, chances ar...

owa 2003
We have installed owa on the front-end server and when people use, from outside, the basic owa, all french characters display ok, if they choose Premium, all the french character are gone and replaced by weird code. How can that be fix ? ...

Using Office Assistant to display MY message
Hello! Someone sent me a spreadsheet and when I click certain cells, the office assistant pops up with information specific to the spreadsheet...much like the text you would see in a comment box, although comments are not used in the spreadsheet. Very bazaar! I didn't know it was possible to have your own text display through the office assistant... How do you do it?????? Thanks!!! Brent Is it the Office Assistant or just a message that pops up? If so, it could be Data>Validation>InputMessage. With one of these cells selected go to Data>Validation and see what's...