Displaced text MS Publisher2002

When overlapping one  text box with another -in 2003-
the text in one of them is displaced. Moving one or the other to the
back appears to have no effect.

Ctrl T, which works when placing text over a picture, doesn't  however
work with text over text.

I'm almost certain that this operation could be carried out in
earlier versions of MS Publisher

Where am I going wrong?
0
pill (11)

After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message
from Serendipity <pill@blueyonder.co.uk>...
> When overlapping one  text box with another -in 2003-
> the text in one of them is displaced. Moving one or the other to the
> back appears to have no effect.

Right-click a text box > Format Text Box > Wrapping = None
See which one you have to adjust to get it to work.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/

0
the_nerd (6342)
10/4/2003 8:15:31 PM
There is no difference in operation of what you describe in any version of
Publisher.

To stop the issue, copy the Text Frame to the Clipboard and go to menu Edit
> Paste Special > Paste as Picture.

donotknock (1941)

Carriage Return in General Text Box?
Have a cell defined as GENERAL with wrapped text. How can I put a carriage return in the middle of my wrapped text and start a new paragraph, all in one cell. Use Alt+Enter -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Al Franz" <albert@nospam.netmation.com> wrote in message news:eJmtR4kAFHA.2608@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Have a cell defined as GENERAL with wrapped text. How can I put a > carriage return in the middle of my wrapped text and start a new > paragraph, all in one cell. > > ...

paste text into a used cell
I need to move text from one row to a single cell that has been formatted to wrap text and repeat the process for other rows. Paste is not working. Please advise. When you copy and paste, you paste the format as well as the contents If you want to copy text to a cell that is formatted differently instead of paste, slelct paste special, values -- ElsiePO ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ElsiePOA's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=390 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26962 ...

Text boxes and lines, rectangles etc
Mine question is a bit like Gregs. When I click on Text boxes, lines, circles, rectangles, etc, only the eight dots (handles) appear on the page. No outlines. What must I configure? Actually I think we have the same problem. Greg "Baudinot" wrote: > Mine question is a bit like Gregs. When I click on Text boxes, lines, > circles, rectangles, etc, only the eight dots (handles) appear on the page. > No outlines. What must I configure? It's driving me mad, Greg. Whats the answer? "Greg Bowers" wrote: > Actually I think we have the same problem. > ...

Create new text file for export
I have minimal knowledge of VBA. I have been surching google all day yesterday to solve this problem and found no solutions that work. I am trying to create a new FDF file to export data to a PDF form and launch the file on a button click. I am having trouble with creating the new file. The code I am using (and is not working) is the following: Private Sub FDF_Click() Dim stPDFdata As String Dim chkName As String 'I want to check to see if the fdf file exists and if not make a new one. I know this works for directories but it does not check for the file. Need h...

Excel file opens MS Excel Training Webpage When the Excel file ope
I have a file that I think was originally created using the on-line MS training. Now evertime I open the excel file the web page automatically opens. It's mostly just an annouance. I was able to copy the content into a new file and it stopped this behavior but I'd love to know how it happened and/or how to turn it off in the original file. Excel 2007 - mail merge file - opens thle link below everytime I open the excel file http://office.microsoft.com/training/training.aspx?ver=12&ver=12&app=excel.exe&AssetID=RH011206001033 Thanks John ...

How to Integrate GroupWise 7.0 with MS CRM?
Hello, Is it possible to integrate GroupWise 7.0 with MS CRM? Is it possible without third party software like LinkPoint? Thanks Kris Yes , Very much you can .look for third party products like . LinkPoint for Microsoft CRM Features Integrate Lotus Notes and Novell GroupWise with Microsoft CRM. Log Inbound, outbound e-mail and attachments to MS CRM activity history. Record e-mail messages on the Contact, Opportunity or Case level. Work in either Lotus Notes "Connected" or "Island" mode and Novell GroupWise "Office", "Cached" or "Remote"...

Big prodject! How to insert row or rows beneath certain text
Is there a code that when a certain text is in collumn (A3) ALL CORE i insert one row beneath it, Also if there is one or more text next t each other, Like Collumn (A9 and A10) HUNTER-#2 and HUNTER-#2 an there're the exactly the same then insert two rows beneath the las Hunter-#2. But the thing is I only want it to happen to specifics text and can it have exceptions like at A5 and A6 the text reads COPE & DRA #2 and under it says COPE & DRAG #3 can the code it insert two row beneath COPE & Drag #3 but if COPE & DRAGE #3 does not appear the insert one row beneath COPE &...

How do copy text from a picture/image & make it available for edi.
I am trying to copy text from an image. And I want that text to be copied to Excel/word not as a picture or image but as a text hi, this cannot be done with excel. the text on the image is part of the image and excel only see the total image not individual parts of the image so it cannot seperate. sorry. >-----Original Message----- >I am trying to copy text from an image. And I want that text to be copied to >Excel/word not as a picture or image but as a text >. > Thanks, can it be done in Word or notepad..... "anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com" wrote: &g...

CONCATENATE involving CHAR(13) and CHAR(10): "" marks when copy/paste to text editor [???]
The result of this formula: =CONCATENATE("#1=",W4,CHAR(13),CHAR(10),"GOTO665",CHAR(13),CHAR(10),"N5",Y4) has quotation marks when copy pasted into a text editor, like so: "#1=2 GOTO665 N553" You can see that the CR/LF comes out but it adds the quotation marks. Is there any cure for this? Thanx, -plh PS: I tried using only CHAR(13) in place of CHAR(13),CHAR(10) and also CHAR(10) only, and also using cell references in place of the literal strings, that is: =CONCATENATE($Y$1,W3,CHAR(13),CHAR(10),$AA$1,CHAR(13),CHAR(10),$Z $1,Y3) but the result was the sam...

MS Exchange POP3 Service Missing
Hello, We are configuring an Exchange 2003 server and just discovered that the Microsoft Exchange POP3 service is missing. Is there a fix for this? If not, how can I install this service without wiping out my current Exchange, OWA and IIS configuration? Thanks Orville Use the Reinstall option when reinstalling Exchange. Make sure you have adequate backups and test before proceeding with such operations. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "Orville" <orville@peoplescomputer.com> wrote i...

MS Access Copy record to another table based on a form input 10-08-07
Hello. I have 6 Tables, all with identical fields. I want to copy a record from one table into another table, which table depends on what table is selected in a form. So if the table names are One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six, and the record that I want to copy and insert into another table has been selected by a query in a form. I want the form to direct where to insert the table. So if the form has table Two selected (from the drop down list) then it should insert the record into table Two. If the form has table Four selected then it should insert it into table Four. The table the record is...

Export (transfer Text) to a text file.
I have a macro set up to transfer a table to a text file using a format spec. I have set up a table and a query to fill the table with the data that I want to export to a text file. All fields in the table are text fields. The data in one field came from a currency field from a table and was converted as follows: Insert into MyExportTable (chkamount) Select Format(nbrCheckAmount, "0.00") From MySourceTable When I export the table MyExportTable, the text field chkamount data gets truncated as if it were a real numeric field. For example 3.14 and 3.10 and 3.00 are stored l...

email problem
We have email problems with several of our clients and customers. To these customers, every time when we email out (using Outlook) with attachments, such as .doc and .pdf and .jpg files. These email was received with one large garble inline text message, but no attachment, by these customers. However, if we send out same email by web based email, such as yahoo or Gmail, the attachments are received OK by the same customers. One major customer is always have this same problem with our email with attachment. They use Gmail by Google. This customer is using web based Gmail browser to receive o...

Text Not Showing in Cell
I'm using excel to produce reports with almost all text. Some cells have a lot of words. Text Wrap is on. Row Height is set to AutoFit. Most cells show up just fine. Some have hidden words that run on under the next cell below. I have even encountered some cells that cut off right through the middle of the text. I can, of course, manually change the height of each row, but this report is over 200 lines long. Same problem happens when printed. Please help. Excel is not the greatest text editor. Have you considered doing the report in Word, using the Tables function? You co...

Why are some messages missing it's text?
I used a previous version of outlook (2002) and had no problem receiving messages; now I'm using the trial version 2003 and questions from ebay are not showing the text. It shows I have a message but in preview or the actually message nothing is there. No filters have been set by me so I have no clue what to do. ...

Not able to send mails using Ms Outlook 2000
Whenever i try to send mails using Ms Outlook 2000 i get this error SMTP-MAIL: died on signal 11', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server But i am able to send the same mails with same id configured with Outlook Express 6 and 5 both What will be the solutions to this Regards Shardul What you try to do is to export your mailaccount setting from Outlook exprees into Outook 2000 >-----Original Message----- >Whenever i try to send mails using Ms Outlook 2000 i get >this error >SMTP-MAIL: died on signal 11', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, >Server > > > >But i a...

Text Box angled
Hi: I am working with a powerpoint document I have inserted a text box I want to angle the text box i.e. slant it; katty corner it Can I make this happen? I can send an attchment of my document if this helps? thanks kathy Might try a PowerPoint newsgroup... Try the autoshapes, make a square, right-click, add text, then rotate. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "kathy" <kathy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B3DD257A-FA1F-4EDD-A768-E68B3CE111CC@microsoft.com... > Hi: > I am working w...

Why does the text in a text box disappear after a mail merge?
I have an established publisher file that I have mail merged and the text in most, but not all, of the text boxes have disappeared. Any ideas why? Could it be behind something? A border perhaps? Will the text print even tho you can't see it? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "pepperjeanb" <pepperjeanb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C540A69A-66BC-4817-ACA3-D919888DEF7D@microsoft.com... >I have an established publisher file that I have mail merged and the text >in > most, but not all, of the text boxes have disappeared. Any ideas ...

how can I open MS SQLsharepoint database files
how can I open MS SQLsharepoint database files MSDE 2000 format I have a copy of the whole SQL folder from c:\program files. From a SBS 2003 instalation that crashed and oem does not allow me to do a repair and just would lieke to see what the data contains, even if I can get to to an excel or Access database to print out would help. Maybe... (haven't tried it myself) Using SharePoint Database Explorer on SBS http://blogs.technet.com/sbs/archive/2007/01/05/using-sharepoint-database-explorer-on-sbs.aspx -- Merv Porter [SBS-MVP] ============================ ...

MS Office Uninstall error
MS Office Standard 2007 does not completely uninstall via Add/Remove programs. Platform, Win XP Svc pk 3, current on all updates. Any advice? url:http://www.ureader.com/gp/1109-1.aspx Tracy See the following http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971179 -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "Tracy Trawick" <wick@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:caa5e118df484d8b80ba19db67562172@newspe.com... > MS Office Standard 2007 does not completely uninstall via Add/Remo...

Unlimited text in text boxes
Please could someone help? I have created a database using access 2003. The database lists local groups and has various types of respone. One of the responses requires them to write a paragraph about the group, however when I try to tyoe that in to the text box on the form, the box will only let me type in a limited amount of text, (approximately 10 words). How do I change the text box so that it has no limit on the amount of text that can been typed in to it? Thanks Sarah Thanks for that Jeff, I'm probably being very thikc here, but how do I check the size, I looked in propertie...

what pdf software do you use to redact text?
There are a lot of software packages that will converted back and forth between Word and PDF documents - however, I need to know if anyone uses a good converter that will allow true redactions that cannot be seen in the PDF version as well as remove metadata from the output document. Thanks!! CH Do your redaction in Word. Output the document to a graphics format such as TIFF using SnagIt's 'printer' driver, then print the results to PDF using Acrobat to combine multiple pages. That should stay redacted :) -- <>>< ><<> ><<> ...

how can I use a picture to fill text?
I am trying to use a big balloon font, and have a picture as the fill color. How do I do this? Create the phrase with WordArt. Fill, Fill effects, Picture tab. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "lee254" <lee254@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0EA083FF-61A9-4DF7-9D65-6CAE1A3B02E5@microsoft.com... >I am trying to use a big balloon font, and have a picture as the fill color. > How do I do this? ...

Check boxes to text 05-10-10
Is there any way to take information from check boxes that were selected and turn it in to text? I want to have multiple checkboxes to select, and add those selected values to the destription line. ex. checkboxes: red, blue, green Once you have selected, it would add to the header: "Order for lables: red, green" It is not clear what you are trying to do. A check box is simply that - a box which can be checked. If you want to insert some text based upon whether a check box in a protected form is checked, then see http://www.gmayor.com/SelectFile.htm -- <>...

MS Excel data to Laser Label sheets
I am unable to locate instructions on how to transfer a list of names and addresses (Excel spreadsheet format) to laser label sheets (size - Avery 5160). You can use Microsoft Word's Mail Merge feature to do this. In Word, use the Mail Merge wizard to create the labels, with the Excel file as the data source. There are instructions in Word's Help, and on the Word MVP site: http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateAMailMerge.htm Michael wrote: > I am unable to locate instructions on how to transfer a list of names and addresses (Excel spreadsheet format) to laser labe...