Disappearing Pictures in Publisher

Hi,

I have a user whose Publisher file keeps losing it's pictures.  Most of the
pictures are clip art. She puts one in, saves, closes, reopens and sometimes
the pictures stay but after a few closes and opens the pictures are gone but
there still seems to be a placeholder for them. We have made sure that the
pictures are embedded using the Graphics Manager. We have gone to View /
Pictures and ensured it is set to Detailed Display. When we send to the
printer, the picture does not show up. When emailed to another computer the
picture does not show up. We really need to fix this problem soon as she
needs to teach using this file early next week.

Please help,
--
Joyce
0

Look in the printer dialogue when you are ready to print, click advanced print
settings, Graphics and Fonts tab, be certain "Print full-resolution linked
graphics" is selected.

Have you considered an updated video driver?

Read the third FAQ here
Q: Why can I not see images/shapes/lines when editing my publication?
http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Joyce" <Joyce@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have a user whose Publisher file keeps losing it's pictures.  Most of the
> pictures are clip art. She puts one in, saves, closes, reopens and sometimes
> the pictures stay but after a few closes and opens the pictures are gone but
> there still seems to be a placeholder for them. We have made sure that the
> pictures are embedded using the Graphics Manager. We have gone to View /
> Pictures and ensured it is set to Detailed Display. When we send to the
> printer, the picture does not show up. When emailed to another computer the
> picture does not show up. We really need to fix this problem soon as she
> needs to teach using this file early next week.
>
> Please help,
> --
> Joyce

0
mary-sauer (6480)
2/16/2007 9:05:52 AM
Hi  I read the string below and followed the steps and my problem was resolved

Thanks to you it saved me a lot of hassle.

appreciated.

Tman tai

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Look in the printer dialogue when you are ready to print, click advanced print
> settings, Graphics and Fonts tab, be certain "Print full-resolution linked
> graphics" is selected.
>
> Have you considered an updated video driver?
>
> Read the third FAQ here
> Q: Why can I not see images/shapes/lines when editing my publication?
> http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Joyce" <Joyce@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a user whose Publisher file keeps losing it's pictures.  Most of the
> > pictures are clip art. She puts one in, saves, closes, reopens and sometimes
> > the pictures stay but after a few closes and opens the pictures are gone but
> > there still seems to be a placeholder for them. We have made sure that the
> > pictures are embedded using the Graphics Manager. We have gone to View /
> > Pictures and ensured it is set to Detailed Display. When we send to the
> > printer, the picture does not show up. When emailed to another computer the
> > picture does not show up. We really need to fix this problem soon as she
> > needs to teach using this file early next week.
> >
> > Please help,
> > --
> > Joyce

0
TmanTai (4)

Greyscald Picture Effects
Hi, My husband and I have both added a picture to a presentation in 2007, my picture effects work fine but although he has the sam picture, style and colours his effects i.e brevel, shadow and reflection are all greyscaled. Is there a setting he needs to change. Thanks PowerPoint 2007 Try the folloiwng:- 1. Click the picture to highlight it. 2. Picture Tools / Format contextual tab / Adjust group / click on Recolor button / click on No Recolor If my comments have helped please hit Yes. Thanks. My husband and I have both added a picture to a presen...

Publisher Printing Problem
I am trying to print a booklet using 8 1/2" X 11" paper. My pages are half the paper size ie 5 1/2" X 8 1/2" with two pages on a sheet of paper. I am using a hp deskjet 6122 with the two sided print option installed. When I try to print,the second side is up-side down. Is there a setting in publisher that will cure this problem?? After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from George Singleton <single111us@hotmail.com>... > When I > try to print,the second side is up-side down. Is there a > setting in publisher that will cur...

Publisher 2003 #61
How do I access my autotext in Publisher 2003 Publisher doesn't have Autotext, do you mean AutoCorrect? Tools, AutoCorrect options. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "bepane" <bepane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BB2C5279-CF28-4A8C-942F-427A5015257D@microsoft.com... > How do I access my autotext in Publisher 2003 Once I create an autotext in Word I think it should be available in other applications. Call me crazy. "Mary Sauer" wrote: > Publisher doesn't ...

Is it possible to have working/active progress bars in Publisher?
I am trying to incorporate progress bars in a Publisher Newsletter to show the status of the listed projects. Any ideas? Do you mean something along the lines of a large thermometer that's often used to indicate how much money is collected for a particular cause? The mercury "rises" as the donations/pledges rise. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Lucine" <Lucine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:97DD85EB-6E16-40BF-9091-F7E7EDF25402@microsoft.com... >I am trying to incorporate progress bars in a Publisher Newsletter to show &g...

MS Picture Manager tries to open Adobe pdf files
How do I stop Picture Manager from trying to open pdf files? It appears to have made it's self the default program for most email attachments. -- Paul Paul Harrison wrote: > How do I stop Picture Manager from trying to open pdf files? > It appears to have made it's self the default program for most email > attachments. =============================================== The following article explains how to change a file association. Windows Vista - How to Associate a File Extension Type With a Program in Vista http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/69758-default-pro...

Newsletter in Publisher cannot be opened
Hi - I recently decided to try Publisher to create a newsletter for my staff. We were doing these in Word but it didn't look professional. I was able to create a very professional looking newsletter. My problem lies in the fact that when I sent it, many of our sites do not have Publisher and cannot open the document. The I went on Microsoft Office for help to which it indicated that I could save the document as a Microsoft Document Imaging File. That worked fine until I went to send it and my email wouldn't send it. I could use any advise possible at this point as I have a news...

Is there a Publisher Viewer, like Word, Excel, and PowerPoint view
Microsoft offers viewers for documents created in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, allowing users without those programs to view documents created by those programs. I'm looking for a similar product, for Microsoft Publisher. Someone has sent me a Publisher document, and I'd like to be able to read and print it. No, there isn't. Ask the originator of the file to send it to you as a .pdf. "Account Manager" wrote: > Microsoft offers viewers for documents created in Word, Excel, and > PowerPoint, allowing users without those programs to view documents created >...

Insert .psd in Publisher 2003
I'm trying to insert a logo that is a .psd into Publisher. When I hit insert, it asks me what I'm trying to convert from. What do I do? Is it possible to insert a photoshop file, or do I need to convert it first? You'll need to change the format of the Photoshop file before you insert it in your document. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "brenda" <brenda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7F8C6E5D-C83E-4FEC-92D8-CFA24A00AA92@microsoft.com... > I'm trying to ...

MS PUBLISHER in MAC OP SYS
I have been using MS PUB since the early 1990's (Ver 3.1?). I am bilingual in English and Publisher! I would seriously like to move to the MACBOOK PRO computer. The one limitation is that MAC OFFICE does not include MS PUB in any version of OFFICE. I have read the blogs and talked to those who have tried to makeshift PAGES + IPHOTO, ADOBE pdf, and WORD, and there is no satisfactory work around. (I can open, even edit pub files as a pdf. But I can't find the creative power of PUB anywhere else! Those that say WORD can do anything PUB can do - they just know what they d...

publisher, wrong edition?
im trying to open a file i made in publisher at college but when i try and open it at home off my pen drive its saying i can open the file from another version, is there anything i can do? At college, save the file in the version of Publisher you have at home. -- Don Vancouver, USA "jessica" <jessica@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7222AD16-3FE4-447C-B239-FB4A48E1DF1A@microsoft.com... > im trying to open a file i made in publisher at college but when i try and > open it at home off my pen drive its saying i can open the file from > another &g...

Publisher 2003/2007
Hi There Could anyone tell me if there is a way of filling word art with text instead of colours. Is it possible to copyand paste text insise the word art, or would oyu ha to use a jpeg etc. Thanks in advance Stuart You can create a phrase, save it as a picture. Create your WordArt, fill, fill effects, picture tab, browse to the saved picture. You can ungroup the WordArt and fill each letter with a different phrase. You can't copy/paste text inside WordArt. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "triggmiester&...

Blocked Sender List Disappears
As I try to add names to my Blocked Sender List, they disappear at the end of each session and are not saved from one day to the next. I remember having to do something in the registry to correct this condition in the past but cannot recall what I had to do. Thanks for the help, Fred Fred <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > As I try to add names to my Blocked Sender List, they > disappear at the end of each session and are not saved > from one day to the next. If I were in your shoes, I'd try a new mail profile. -- Brian Tillman ...

Excel program top blue strip has disappeared
Has anyone had this problem with Excel or can you tell me how to solve it? I am using Dell Dimension XPS R400 computer, Windows 98, and MS Excel 97 SR-1. Two days ago on Jan. 4, 2004 using Excel I did something (I can't remember what I did) but I noticed right away that the worksheet I was using no longer had any information on the top or bottom outside the worksheet - no tool bars, status bars, formula information. More importantly, also missing was the blue colored strip across the top of the screen. This strip has "Microsoft Excel and [file name]" and on the far ri...

Can't open a Publisher 2K file in Publisher 2002, edit text only .
Why can't I open an existing Publisher 2000 file with Publisher 2002, then make minor text edits and re-save the file in Publisher 2000 without getting the error message, "There is a picture on page 1 that is too large to be converted to previous versions of Publisher." Publisher 2000 did not use compression... PUB2000: File Size Increases Unexpectedly When You Insert Picture http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;253973 -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Art Frustrated with Publisher...

Charts disappearing
I have a worksheet that contains multiple sheets. There are 2 charts each on their own sheet and pulling data from 2 addtional sheets within the same workbook. Whenever I choose to print either chart on a color printer the chart starts to flash, it prints, but then is not visible on the sheet. If I close the workbook and reopen it the chart is there again. i do not have this problem if I print it in black & white. Any suggestions? -- Thank you! ...

Writing text on top of a pretty picture.
Instead of the typical windows background color, the powers that be want a pretty picture to be displayed. My dialog application also needs the functionality of an edit box, but I don't want an edit box with its clunky, white appearance covering up a portion of the pretty picture. If there's a way to make an edit box transparent....I tried that using edit box controls and it's still clunky white.... I use DIBSectionLite to draw the picture. Controls show up on top of the image - good. I set the background to transparent and do TextOut (in OnPaint.) This works when I put the code i...

Publisher 2003 files try to open in Publisher 97
I'm back again with a problem between Publisher 2003 and Publisher 97, both loaded on my XP Pro system. I've recently built a few files in Publisher 2003, but they appear as files with the Publisher 97 logo, and when you try to open them from the file listing (as opposed to opening Publisher 2003 and using it to open the files) the files bring up publisher 97, and a notice that it can't open files from a different version. I've tried to change the file association for the files but even though I can browse and find the publisher 2003 .exe file, when I click on it, the...

publisher conversion
How do I convert a .pub file into a .pdf file? I need that in order to perform mass mailings. Thank you very much derek_lmgc wrote: > How do I convert a .pub file into a .pdf file? > I need that in order to perform mass mailings. > > Thank you very much ============================ Which version of Publisher? There's an add-in for Publisher 2007: 2007 Microsoft Office Add-in: Microsoft Save as PDF or XPS http://tinyurl.com/v46jc And for earlier versions you could try the following freebie: PrimoPDF http://www.primopdf.com/ With your new program installed...open your proj...

how do i view TGA pictures?
how do i view TGA pictures? Try IrFanview. I'm pretty sure it will open Targa files. "spookydog13" <spookydog13@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:91B58A37-A5EC-41D3-BD5B-61690F08D02C@microsoft.com... | how do i view TGA pictures? spookydog13 wrote: > how do i view TGA pictures? ============================ Most any image editing software should be compatible with Targa ..tga image files. In MS Publisher...go to...Insert / Picture / From File...browse to the ..tga file...it should open. If you do not have MS Publisher or an image editing pro...

Autosum function disappeared/knocked out
A colleague of mine has lost his Autosum function which automatically appears in the bottom toolbar. I've never had this problem so don't know how to resurrect it. I'm tempted to cheat by getting him to do a system restore but what if it happens again or the restore doesn't solve the problem? Hi Simon, Try: Tools | Options | View | Check the 'Status bar' option --- Regards, Norman "Simon Ryan" <SimonRyan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:287CC7B0-AF7E-4AC5-A391-3461762BC95A@microsoft.com... >A colleague of mine has lost his A...

Starting a cookbook in Publisher
Hi. While I'm familiar with Word, I know almost nothing about Publisher. I've poked around it a bit. I'm wanting to create a cookbook for my church in Publisher, so I want it to look as good as possible. My question: How do I set up my layout so that each page uses the same size textbox so my pages are uniform in appearance? Is this something that can be created in Word and copied into Publisher? I'm sure I'll have other questions as I go. I really appreciate your help. Best regards, Use the booklet setup. Create a folded booklet or newsletter in Publishe...

excel and publisher
I am experiencing some troubles when printing cell borders from an excel worksheet, pasted in a publisher document. Do you have any suggestion to solve this problem? Are you applying the cell borders in Excel? What happens when you print? -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "IMMA" <IMMA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:423ADEA3-2815-4DD5-8917-3CB5174F89D3@microsoft.com... >I am experiencing some troubles when printing cell borders from an excel > worksheet, pasted in a publisher documen...

Selecting pictures and files
In the past I was able to select more then one pictures or files with my crtl key holding down or shift and ctrl in conjunction. Right now I cannot do that not in Publisher, not in Word and not even Windows Explorer. Anybody has an idea what to do? Reboot your computer and try again. Try both Ctrl keys on your keyboard as one may be broken. -- "If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there!" ...

Picture Manager as a print to option
I have Picture Manager installed but would like to be able to select this program as a print (to file) option just the same as Fax, XPS Document Writer or connected printers. Thank you, You can "Paste" into it, not "Print". Sneff wrote: > I have Picture Manager installed but would like to be able to select this > program as a print (to file) option just the same as Fax, XPS Document Writer > or connected printers. > > Thank you, Your reply made me realise that I had it wrong. It was Microsoft Office Document Image Writer that I was...

Protecting pictures on the web
Can anyone help? I am building a web site using Publisher 2003, for my wife who is an artists. I want to put a selection of her paintings on the web site, but I want to stop people saving them and printing them out. Is there any way I can do this? thanks in advance for any help Peter Cripps Hi Peter Cripps (Peter.Cripps1@btopenworld.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || Can anyone help? I am building a web site using Publisher 2003, for || my wife who is an artists. I want to put a selection of her || paintings on the web site, but I want to stop people saving them and || printing them ou...