Disappearing Pictures in Publisher

Hi,

I have a user whose Publisher file keeps losing it's pictures.  Most of the
pictures are clip art. She puts one in, saves, closes, reopens and sometimes
the pictures stay but after a few closes and opens the pictures are gone but
there still seems to be a placeholder for them. We have made sure that the
pictures are embedded using the Graphics Manager. We have gone to View /
Pictures and ensured it is set to Detailed Display. When we send to the
printer, the picture does not show up. When emailed to another computer the
picture does not show up. We really need to fix this problem soon as she
needs to teach using this file early next week.

Please help,
--
Joyce
0

Look in the printer dialogue when you are ready to print, click advanced print
settings, Graphics and Fonts tab, be certain "Print full-resolution linked
graphics" is selected.

Have you considered an updated video driver?

Read the third FAQ here
Q: Why can I not see images/shapes/lines when editing my publication?
http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Joyce" <Joyce@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have a user whose Publisher file keeps losing it's pictures.  Most of the
> pictures are clip art. She puts one in, saves, closes, reopens and sometimes
> the pictures stay but after a few closes and opens the pictures are gone but
> there still seems to be a placeholder for them. We have made sure that the
> pictures are embedded using the Graphics Manager. We have gone to View /
> Pictures and ensured it is set to Detailed Display. When we send to the
> printer, the picture does not show up. When emailed to another computer the
> picture does not show up. We really need to fix this problem soon as she
> needs to teach using this file early next week.
>
> Please help,
> --
> Joyce

0
mary-sauer (6480)
2/16/2007 9:05:52 AM
Hi  I read the string below and followed the steps and my problem was resolved

Thanks to you it saved me a lot of hassle.

appreciated.

Tman tai

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Look in the printer dialogue when you are ready to print, click advanced print
> settings, Graphics and Fonts tab, be certain "Print full-resolution linked
> graphics" is selected.
>
> Have you considered an updated video driver?
>
> Read the third FAQ here
> Q: Why can I not see images/shapes/lines when editing my publication?
> http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Joyce" <Joyce@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a user whose Publisher file keeps losing it's pictures.  Most of the
> > pictures are clip art. She puts one in, saves, closes, reopens and sometimes
> > the pictures stay but after a few closes and opens the pictures are gone but
> > there still seems to be a placeholder for them. We have made sure that the
> > pictures are embedded using the Graphics Manager. We have gone to View /
> > Pictures and ensured it is set to Detailed Display. When we send to the
> > printer, the picture does not show up. When emailed to another computer the
> > picture does not show up. We really need to fix this problem soon as she
> > needs to teach using this file early next week.
> >
> > Please help,
> > --
> > Joyce

0
TmanTai (4)

picture
Whenever I send a picture to someone, on Hotmail or Gmail, they try to open the picture and they just see a red cross - why is this? dbib wrote: > Whenever I send a picture to someone, on Hotmail or Gmail, they try > to open the picture and they just see a red cross - why is this? You're not attaching the picture - you're attaching a LINK to the picture. ...

Publisher 2007 Print Preview problem
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C848A1.9D928960 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I use a custom template 8.5x44, fill it with text and pictures, but = print preview show 5 pages, with the text and pictures centered over the = 5 pages, meaning that the first and last half pages are blank. That is, = the text and pictures begin mid page, not at the top as my document has = them. And the bottom of the fifth page is blank. What am I doing wrong? Al ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C848A1.9D...

Publisher 2003 hyphenation can't be changed for one word
Hello: I'm trying to work on a newsletter, in a three column format that needs hyphenation turned on, so the justified text looks better. However, there is one word that it wants to hyphenate (the word is eScrip, a company name), which should not be hyphenated. I've seen older articles in this NG suggesting various work-arounds, including turning hyphenation off for the whole story, changing the font size, inserting carriage returns, and changing the spelling of the word itself. However, none of this is acceptable. Isn't there a way to select one word, and tell Publisher *not*...

Messages deleted disappear..
My deleted messages are not sored in the Deleted folder but simply disappear...How can I slove this? "sylsim" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:98f901c433c9$2e004830$a601280a@phx.gbl... > My deleted messages are not sored in the Deleted folder > but simply disappear...How can I slove this? In the Deleted Items folder, check View->Current View and make sure you are not filtering them out under some condition (like "unread") ...

selection.copy = "picture too large"
excel 2007. I understand this has something to do with office clipboard changing all copied stuff to picture format? I found one hint to turn off office clipboard but it didn't work. what now? John ...

Will Publisher 2002 work with Office 2003?
I have Publisher 2002 and I'm needing to update my Office software for school to 2003. Will my Publisher 2002 still work with Office 2003? Hi LaLana (LaLana@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || I have Publisher 2002 and I'm needing to update my Office software || for school to 2003. Will my Publisher 2002 still work with Office || 2003? Yes it will. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com ~pay it forward~ This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Better watch it Brian. the last t...

Best export format for commercial print from Publisher
When I print my document to PDF directly from Publisher, my graphics do not come out the way I expect - they are a bit distorted. The text is amazingly clear at high zoom levels this way but my graphics do not look right. When I save as .jpg at 300 DPI, why don't I get the same high resolution that I see when I print to High Quality PDF? My graphics look perfect when I save as .jpg but the text isn't as clear at high zooms. Should I be saving as a different format (.tif, .png, .ps)? Can someone w/ experience in preparing documents for commercial print please help? Thanks!! ...

Picture Frame Size
How do you maintain the picture frame size when inserting a different picture into a current picture frame? Basically I would like to fit the picture to the picture frame like you could in earlier versions of Publisher. Not sure what you mean. When you insert a picture frame, you can resize it to any dimension, the picture you select will be resized to fit the frame automatically. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "D" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1985801c41cb8$b4ccb010$...

Publisher won't start
When I try to open Publisher 2003 I get an error "Windows is low on memory, or your hard disk is full. Try closing other programs and freeing some space on your hard disk before starting Publisher." I have plenty of memory on the hard dish 60GB free and 2GB of RAM so it isn't a memory problem. I have search and have only found references to a problem with NAV (Norton Anti Virus) which I don't have. I have reinstalled with no success. I have run repair with no success. It was running fine and crashed while trying to print a document and since then it won't run. ...

Publisher Wizard "Cannot complete operation"
I have Publisher 2000 and Windows XP. Both are fully updated. For some reason no matter which template I choose I get an error "Publisher cannot complete operation" I have tried Fix and repair I have tried renaming PubWiz folder and repairing I have tried reinstalling I do have admin rights on my account and fault happens on any profile Any suggestion before I get an alternative package? Have you changed printers? Is the driver current? Is your video driver current? Be certain you have Windows XP selected as the compatibility option. OFF2000: Office Programs Stop Responding A...

How do I rotate the whole canvas in Publisher 2003 or 2007
I am working on a brochure where on the inside there all the information is tilted 90 degrees. Now, I want all my text boxes, maps, etc. to be tilted 90 degrees for this brochure. But when I am working on it, I want to be able to tilt the whole canvas 90 upwrite for me to work on it. But I can only do it one element at a time, which I don't want to do. Again, I just want to tilt the whole canvas I don't want to change the project from landscape to portrait. Sigh.. Kye wrote: > I am working on a brochure where on the inside there all the > information is tilted 90 de...

publisher installation and registration
got a software from another person which has already been installed in his computer but not registered. He realized he really has no use of this program so he gave it to me. I was able to install it in my computer. Installation was successful and I wanted to register it. Microsoft replied: "our record shows that this version has already been activated." What can I do to go on with registration, or is this not possible? froggie <froggie@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > got a software from another person which has already been installed >...

How do I print tent fold 4 page invitations in Publisher?
I can get it to print pages 2 and 3 but not 1 and 4. Firetac wrote: > I can get it to print pages 2 and 3 but not 1 and 4. ====================================== A tent fold '4' page invitation would be a Booklet... Create a folded booklet or newsletter in Publisher http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/HP051145841033.aspx -- J. Inzer MS-MVP Digital Media Experience Notice This is not tech support I am a volunteer Solutions that work for me may not work for you Proceed at your own risk ...

Publisher Users, a program suggestion for you
Publisher Folks, For years now, when trying to find a Publisher file of which I forgot the file name, would attempt to find the file using a phrase with Windows XP Search. It would always fail. While over on the Windows XP news group one of the folks suggested using Agent Ransack, a file finding program. It does a great job finding Publisher files when providing a word or phrase contained within the file. If you have a need...... http://www.mythicsoft.com/default.aspx -- Don - Publisher 2000� Vancouver, USA ...

Publisher to PDF-what are the steps
I hear much talk about being able to convert a Publisher document directly to a PDF using Adobe Acrobat. I have Publisher 2000. What are the actual steps in doing this? In the past, I have pasted my Publisher document into Microsoft Word, and then converted the Word document into a PDF. Thanks. After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Laura <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>... > I hear much talk about being able to convert a Publisher > document directly to a PDF using Adobe Acrobat. > I have Publisher 2000. What are the actual step...

Inserting Autocad "dwg" into Publisher?
Inserting an Autocad 2006 "dwg" into Publisher 2000. Waltc <Waltc@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > Inserting an Autocad 2006 "dwg" into Publisher 2000. No you're not. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher Someone just asked this question a few days ago. Search the archives for my response. (Try a search on "AutoCAD".) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Waltc" <Waltc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:46F0B8A6-B51E-41BF-9B80-43874E8FFE62@microsoft.com... > Insertin...

Picture
I'm attempting to get a picture to print with a fade-out effect, i.e. place a rectangle over it, set fill colours/gradient/transparency from 100% to 0%. Every time I do this, though, it prints out (hard copy and PDF) as a solid colour with no transparency. Does anyone have any advice? TIA...Keir -- Keir Wells - ACW Hi Keir (Keir@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || I'm attempting to get a picture to print with a fade-out effect, || i.e. place a rectangle over it, set fill || colours/gradient/transparency from 100% to 0%. Every time I do this, || though, ...

GIF Motion Pictures
I just upgraded from Vista and Windows Mail to Windows 7 and Windows Live Mail. In Windows Mail I was able to insert a gif picture with motion into the body of my E-Mail. I can't seem to do that in Windows Live Mail for some reason. They come in but don't move. When I receive one from someone else, they move. It must be in my settings (I do have Rich HMTL selected). HELP! My wife has a large collection of gif files and is mad that I upgraded. Once sent, the animation works. Send a test message to yourself. The message in the Inbox and Sent Sent Items will be animate...

Data Points from a picture?
Hi all, I have a line chart that I would like to be able to recreate and plot another data series. My problem is that it is a chart that was sent as a print out and I am not able to get the data is plotted in the chart. My first thought are to apply a grid to the picture (chart) and approximate the data points. Does anyone know of another way to do this? Joel Go to http://www.datatrendsoftware.com/ and download Grab It Does everything it claims. The alternative is to start learning VBA Bernard "Joel Mills" <millsj@bayltd.com> wrote in message news:Ox0XjOHAEHA.392@TK2M...

use pull down menu to select a picture
I use the Combo Box pull down menu buttons a lot. I click on the Box, select an item from the list and the relevant data pops up as expected. How can I make a picture pop up when I select an item from the Combo Box List? please advise use Eccel 2003 Hi Skonnoth, See if you can pass this code to your combo box to activate the form and pictures pop up. http://www.planet-source-code.com/vb/scripts/ShowCode.asp?txtCodeId=46010&lngWId=1 "Skonnoth" wrote: > I use the Combo Box pull down menu buttons a lot. > I click on the Box, select an item from the list and the re...

picture toolbar
how do I gt the picture toolbar to appear in publisher 2000? this would be the toolbar that appears in word and used to appear in older versions of publisher. thanks Hi mark hattman (markha@comcast.net), in the newsgroups you posted: || how do I gt the picture toolbar to appear in publisher || 2000? this would be the toolbar that appears in word and || used to appear in older versions of publisher. || || thanks Picture Toolbar didn't exist in Publisher 2000 and older. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com ~pay it forward~ This posting is provided ...

Publish htm calendar
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0012_01C8A9E1.30ADEE60 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I'm using Pub 2007 and have a 12 month calendar. =20 When I publish to the web, I can only see the first month. What can I do to let the web site visitor see all the pages? Thanks, Dennis ------=_NextPart_000_0012_01C8A9E1.30ADEE60 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional/...

saving a publisher file as a pdf
My commercial printer wants me to bring him my publisher file as a pdf. How do I do this mlclark25 wrote: > My commercial printer wants me to bring him my publisher > file as a pdf. How do I do this ============================ Try this... Download and install the following free PDF Creator. PrimoPDF http://primopdf.com/ With your new program installed...open your project in Publisher and go to...File / Print. On your Print screen...open the drop window and select PrimoPDF as your printer. Click...OK...now you will see the PrimoPDF screen and you can browse to a save folder. When...

Importing Pre-formatted Word Document into Publisher
I have a long, formatted Word document containing many footnotes. If I have created a main text box onto a Master page with certain margins plus a smaller text box above the main text for the Headers to be added later, how do I insert and/or import the Word file properly into the main text box? It keeps losing the footnote text althought the footnote reference markers are in the proper place of the text. Publisher doesn't support footnotes. You will have to type them manually or try copy/paste from Word. Long documents are best done in Word. To get a Word document inserted properly...

Publisher 2003 newsletter to pdf using pdf995
Anyone used PDF995 to convert a Publisher newsletter from ..pub to .pdf format? I don't know either program and I know I'm doing something stupid but I can't get from the xxxx.pub to the xxxx.pdf format using the PDF995 free program. I can open the xxxx.pub file in Publisher and it looks fine. How do I get or what do I select to print to the PDF995 printer? When I try to save as, yyyy.pdf.... a yyyy.pdf.pub file is created. Is there a newsgroup or anywhere out on the web that explains how this works? I've tried to send email to the pdf995 support people but am not gettin...