disappearing headers and footers on conversion from publisher to p

Hi,

I am having the following difficulty: when converting a publisher document
to a pdf document using Acrobat 8 the header and footer sections of the
document do not appear in the finished pdf document. The header and footer
have been created in the mater page of the template.

If it is of any help; when I am watching the conversion process on screen,
part way through this process the header and footer sections are moved
outside of the main publisher document and appear in the external work area.

Does anyone have any ideas why this might be and how to fix this?

Thanks in advance for any help offered.
0
MARTIN1 (286)

I don't have Acrobat 8. I don't have this happening with version 7 nor with
Microsoft's Save as a PDF add-in. Have you updated Acrobat to 8.1? Have you
visited Adobe's support?
http://www.adobe.com/support/acrobat/

2007 Microsoft Office Add-in: Microsoft Save as PDF or XPS
https://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=4D951911-3E7E-4AE6-B059-A2E79ED87041&displaylang=en

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Martin" <Martin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I am having the following difficulty: when converting a publisher document
> to a pdf document using Acrobat 8 the header and footer sections of the
> document do not appear in the finished pdf document. The header and footer
> have been created in the mater page of the template.
>
> If it is of any help; when I am watching the conversion process on screen,
> part way through this process the header and footer sections are moved
> outside of the main publisher document and appear in the external work area.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas why this might be and how to fix this?
>
> Thanks in advance for any help offered.

0
mary-sauer (6480)
4/3/2008 2:51:30 PM
Hi Mary,

Thank you for your prompt response. I wasn't aware of the PDF add-in, but
have managed to get a result using PrimoPDF, which was mentioned in one of
the other threads. I will check out your recommendations also.

Thanks for your help.

M.

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> I don't have Acrobat 8. I don't have this happening with version 7 nor with
> Microsoft's Save as a PDF add-in. Have you updated Acrobat to 8.1? Have you
> visited Adobe's support?
> http://www.adobe.com/support/acrobat/
>
> 2007 Microsoft Office Add-in: Microsoft Save as PDF or XPS
> https://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=4D951911-3E7E-4AE6-B059-A2E79ED87041&displaylang=en
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Martin" <Martin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am having the following difficulty: when converting a publisher document
> > to a pdf document using Acrobat 8 the header and footer sections of the
> > document do not appear in the finished pdf document. The header and footer
> > have been created in the mater page of the template.
> >
> > If it is of any help; when I am watching the conversion process on screen,
> > part way through this process the header and footer sections are moved
> > outside of the main publisher document and appear in the external work area.
> >
> > Does anyone have any ideas why this might be and how to fix this?
> >
> > Thanks in advance for any help offered.

0
MARTIN1 (286)

Conversion error...
I'm upgrading from Money 2003 to 2005. When 2005 starts it says it's converting the file. It makes the back up copy but then hangs for a long time (5-10 minutes) then comes up with an error... " A communication error occurred. Please try your call again. If you continue to have problems call your financial institutions Online Services Customer Support" If I revert to 2003 everything works as it should. The knowledge base mentions this error message. It says the fix is to search for a file *.m14 and turn off MSN bill pay. A search doesn't produce any file that...

Publisher 2003 graphics #2
I am working in Publisher 2003 with Windows XP. I cannot get my version of Publisher to show any graphics, boxes, pictures etc. Only text is shown. What am I going wrong? Stozza wrote: > I am working in Publisher 2003 with Windows XP. > I cannot get my version of Publisher to show any graphics, boxes, > pictures etc. Only text is shown. What am I going wrong? Doesn't anyone *GOOGLE* anymore?! View > Pictures. -- In memory of MS MVP Alex Nichol: http://www.dts-l.org/ Stozza <Stozza@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I am working...

HUGE Publisher file
A client of mine is working on a 302MB Publisher Pro 2003 file (it's a 5-year-old Precision 340), and her PC keeps locking up on her while working with it. She's got drive space limitations (1GB left of 20), but gets the same lockup issues with other computers in her office. I have an appt. with her today at 2PM, and will try to open it on a more robust machine in the office... Has anyone else made such a large Publisher file successfully? If so, how, and what are your hardware specs? I'm wondering if Publisher is the Thanks, Paul Lots of Pictures? Turn off detailed ...

I cannot open Publisher
Can anyone tell me why I suddenly cannot even open Publisher. I continue to get a message that reads "Windows is low on memory or your hard disk is full" on and on when I try to open Publisher. I have not been able to find any information on the support pages regarding this particular message. After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from skiefer <lvcfstscott@enter.net>... > Can anyone tell me why I suddenly cannot even open > Publisher. I continue to get a message that > reads "Windows is low on memory or your hard disk is f...

Toolbar buttons (text and bitmaps) are disappearing, when using with MFC CToolBar class
Guys, help me to sovle the following problem I have a MFC SDI application (Vc++ 6.0) ( 2 Threads, UI and data acqusition thread). The UI is having a simple toolbar control with text and bitmap. The problem is once i run this application after doing some gui operation (like invoking some dialog box changing to diffrent view) the toolbar button is getting disappeared. sometimes the fonts of the toolbar button is getting changed or sometimes when i move the mouse over the toolbar, the buttons is slowly going away( only back ground color of rebar is comming. Is there any methods to debug this ki...

Publisher 2003 #21
HOW DO I TRANSFER ONE PAGE ENTIRELY TO ANOTHER PAGE CENTERED? Dustywhirl wrote: > HOW DO I TRANSFER ONE PAGE ENTIRELY TO ANOTHER PAGE CENTERED? EDIT > SELECT ALL, THEN EDIT COPY, THEN GO TO NEW PAGE, THEN EDIT > PASTE -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com ~pay it forward~ This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. (Do you think he got the hint?) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Brian Kvalheim [MSFT MVP]" <ic@ntellu.com> wrote in message news:e86%23AmavEHA.3840@TK2MSFTNG...

save full, raw message including header to txt Outlook 2002
I need to save a full, unformatted email message including header information to a txt file using Outlook 2002. How do I do that? with 2002, the best option is pocketknife peek (http://www.xintercept.com/pkpeek.htm) or using OE. Outlook 2002 doesn't have a full source option. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlo...

Combining two publisher files
I created chapters for a book as separate publisher files. I need to combined the chapters into one book. Does anyone know if that is possible? It should be possible but I cannot find any instructions in how to do that. I shouldn't have to paste one page at a time, but I don't see any info on appending one file to another. -- A G Broadhurst Are the pages linked within each file? -- Don Vancouver, USA "A G Broadhurst" <AGBroadhurst@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1C643E82-434B-4E73-9EFB-BD87BE5980A6@microsoft.com... >I created chapters...

how do i type roman numerals in publisher
Please can anybody give me the solution as to how i can insert Roman numerals in Publisher? Many thanks Deggers If you want roman numerals for page numbers, go to the first page and on the Insert menu click Section and pick the number format you want. Otherwise IVXLCDM -- Computing should be about insight, not numbers or flash. "Deggers" wrote: > Please can anybody give me the solution as to how i can insert Roman numerals > in Publisher? > Many thanks > Deggers Use capital I, V, X, D, M and combinations thereof. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~...

timeline publisher
i need help making a timeline in publisher Specifically what do you need help with? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "cTriks" <cTriks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B3A4E115-D8E0-4000-91BF-49E76B9027AC@microsoft.com... >i need help making a timeline in publisher Do this search http://images.google.com/images?q=timeline&hl=en The above search had about 200,000 hits. Look at the different timelines, select one that comes close to what you have in mind. All the tools are in Publisher for your creation. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://of...

Publisher 2000 #27
We are about to take a course in Publisher 2000. We have '95, '97, 2002 and 2003. While we don't have 2000 and that is the version being taught, can you suggest which version would be the closest to 2000 without having to purchase the version 2000. Would appreciate your answer. A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from Office Center of Gurnee <oficecenterofgurnee@comcast.net>!"... > We are about to take a course in Publisher 2000. We > have '95, '97, 2002 and 2003. While we don't have 2000 > and that is the vers...

Image size in Publisher 2000
I recently upgraded from Publisher 98 to 2000. Newsletters with photos in are now a ridiculous size and become even bigger when converted to pdf. Too large to email. When the photos are deleted the file size reduces. Did not have this problem with Publisher 98 and am my wits end. Am running Windows 98SE. What have I done as I have never had this problem before? Ann G Hi Ann, Microsoft Publisher files are abnormally large: http://www.mvps.org/publisher/section_01.html This is quite normal, as Publisher converts all bitmapped image formats to uncompressed bitmaps when you insert...

Converting Business Card in Publisher to V-Card in Outlook
How can I make this happen? thanks Jan Why not create it in Outlook? http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/results.aspx?qu=electronic+card&sc=4&av=TPL -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Jan Ferris" <Jan Ferris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EE01E5B0-FC65-4BF8-AE70-805B44ED6968@microsoft.com... > How can I make this happen? > thanks > Jan Since I am novice level, I can't figure out how to import artwork and place it exactly as I want it. "Mary Sau...

Disappearing text
Previously inserted text disappears and blinks on the screen, then disappears again. How and where do I find it? I would look for a video driver upgrade from the manufacturer's web site. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Dismayed" <Dismayed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A9CBBF8E-CA4B-455A-B29F-869B03F796F6@microsoft.com... > Previously inserted text disappears and blinks on the screen, then disappears > again. How and where do I find it? ...

Show column header in addition to min/max result
Hello everyone Every month I work out the max and min for a range of income types over the last 24, 18, 12 and 6 months. As well as displaying the max and min result, is there a way to also select which of the months was the max and which was the min so it can be displayed alongside the value? The month is the column header. You didn't post your formula. Have a look in the help index for INDEX -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Tabbi" <Tabbicat22@gmail.com> wrote in message news:bbc50392-0d13-4020-97df-98c238352b4d@e25g200...

conversion to qif or ofx file format
Does anyone know of a conversion utility or plug-in that converts xls to qif or ofx formats...thanks RCofCupertino wrote: > Does anyone know of a conversion utility or plug-in that converts xls to qif > or ofx formats...thanks free plug-in: http://xl2qif.chez.tiscali.fr/xl2qif_en.php ...

Publisher template in Powerpoint presentation?
I need to use a Publisher slide/template in my Powerpoint presentation but I cannot figure out how to do this. Is it possible? -- seg Did you try a copy and paste? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "americanpie_23" <americanpie23@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E0FF885B-DDB9-4729-9230-F7DDAB6B22AC@microsoft.com... >I need to use a Publisher slide/template in my Powerpoint presentation but >I > cannot figure out how to do this. Is it possible? > -- > seg Y...

Error opening Publisher files with links to Excel
When opening my Publisher file with tables linked to Excel, I get an error message which says 'Microsoft Excel has experienced an error and needs to shut down' I have successfully opened these linked files many times previously. I repaired both Excel and Publisher to no effect then reinstalled them also to no effect. I have plenty of RAM (512MB) and the combined Publisher and Excel files amount to just about 15MB. I allowed the error message to be sent to Microsoft, often this directs to a solution but there was no feedback. Any ideas what could be causing this? Thanks, What ...

Date conversion doesn't make sense
I am having problems with converting text to date using the cdate function When I convert .5 into a format of HH:MM AM/PM it becomes 12:00 PM which makes sense because noon is half of a day When I convert 0.5 into a format of HH:MM AM/PM it becomes 12:05 AM which doesn't make sense When I convert 0.50 into a format of HH:MM AM/PM it becomes 12:50 AM which also doesn't make sense When I convert 0.500 into a format of HH:MM AM/PM it becomes 12:00 PM Below is a msgbox that demonstrates this. What is happening? Sub test1() MsgBox "The string "".5...

not publishing
Why aren't my pages publishing ? My home page ( which has changes) always stays the same. Have you cleared the browser cache (temporary internet files for IE)? Does your ISP or host use a proxy server that caches old pages for a while? (AOL used to cache pages for up to 48 hours) Are you publishing to the correct location? Can you give a link to a page and also post some of the new content on that page so we can check if it is displaying for other people? Have you opened the remote site in FrontPage and checked the pages in FrontPage? -- Ron Symonds Microsoft MVP ...

Multiline display for INBOX headers
I've just "discovered" the value of a multi line display for email headers. Is there any way to set that globally for all folders? Outlook 2003 with Unicode PST. Thanks. -AH See http://www.msoutlook.info/question/51 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "Andrew Hamilton" <Ahamilton90900@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1uqn25h5lgut2qs7b6upft08jfh8t7p0he@4ax.com....

124 copies of document load when running Publisher
Here's a fun one. On a PC in one of our schools, 124 copies of Publisher load when the program is run. This is despite a thorough (we thought) cleanup of all temporary files on the PC, uninstall and reinstall of Publisher. Any advide would be gratefully received. PC is running XP Pro SP2 & Office 2003 Pro. Thanks Robin Is it just one document? Can you delete it? Is it the Publisher program opening 124 times? Have you run a malware program such as Ad Aware? Description of the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301/en-us -- Mary Sauer MSFT MV...

Publisher Mail Merge
2 questions: How to supress blank lines in a publisher mail merge as you can in Word (rather than printing a blank line for "address 2" for instance) and How to do an "if/then" in a publisher mail merge (if field x is blank, substitute field y) Possible to do these things in Publisher? On 29 Apr 2004 12:26, "btrigg" <btrigg@pishallegal.org> wrote: >2 questions: >How to supress blank lines in a publisher mail merge as you can in Word >(rather than printing a blank line for "address 2" for instance) and >How to do an "if/the...

Publisher or PP for Web Page Chart Illustration?
I need to create some content for web site pages and don't know whether to use Power Point or Publisher. I need to create flow charts of sorts with boxes, diagrams, arrows and descriptive content. I need it to be bright, colorful and visually appealing; may or not be animated. I have both products in Office '07 but don't know which to use and will have to learn as I go. I don't need to actually creat the web page...just the content for the web designer. Thanks! I don't use Power Point, but it seems to me that using Publisher for layout makes the most sense. Then sel...

Header in Inbox looks grey
Some of the message headers appear to be grey instead of black. This occurs when the message has Web links or advertisements. Unfortunately, I can't always see these very light-colored headers so when it says my Inbox has 3 unopened items, I can't find them. What option can I set to make ALL headers the normal black color? Many thanks! Stu >-----Original Message----- >Uncheck the option to mark Junk and Adult senders with=20 Colors. > >--=81 >Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] > >Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion=20 intact. > > >Aft...