different layouts on pages in publisher

I am using publisher to make web pages in a 7th grade science classroom.  All
students have a laptop and are creating several pages.  They will be joining
their work for one website.

Is there an easy way to merge publications?  For example, insert a page from
another document?  Is there an easy way to allow the different layouts to be
integrated without loosing the styles each student has chosen.  I have tried
several ways and it always seems to modify something when I try to paste in
the data.
0
tbf (1)

Trendline on difference between two columns
How do I create a trendline illuminating the spread between two columns of numbers, such as bond yields; e.g. a trend showing differencwe between a ten year bond and ten year Treasury Inflation Protected bonds over time? Red, Make a third column in your sheet, include it in your chart, and change it to a line chart. To change to line, when it comes up as a column, select that series - right-click - Chart type - Line. The third column should have a formula that calculates the difference. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ----------------------------------------...

automatic page break
Why won't the following macro work to create a page break - in particular it is giving me an error at the InStr line Sub b8Pagebrk() Dim theRange As Range Dim lastrow&, firstRow&, x& Set theRange = ActiveSheet.UsedRange lastrow = theRange.Cells(theRange.Cells.Count).Row firstRow = theRange.Cells(1).Row For x = lastrow To firstRow Step -1 If InStr(1, Cells(x, 1), "Total") > 0 Then Cells(x + 1, 1).PageBreak = xlManual End If Next End Sub -- Randy The only time I've seen this kind of line: If InStr(1, Cells(x, 1), "Total") &...

How to view a DLL property page in VB6?
I have a communication device who's drivers have installed it as a comport device in device manager (which it should). When you view the properties of the comport device (double click the device as it is listed in device manager) a custom properties page is displayed for the device by an associated DLL for the device. I know this DLL is the property page because I've obtained that info from the description of the DLL on the vendors website. My question is, how can I run or view this DLLs property page using VB6? Maybe using rundll32? Thanks for any help. Gary ...

Change sequence of pages in Pub2007 document
I have been asked to convert a Pub2007 document into a PDF file and post on an organizational website. However, the page sequence has been designed for a monthly newsletter for mailing. The document has 4 pages and is 11x17. I need the output to be 4 pages in correct sequence 8.5x11 for easy printing by those who wish to obtain a digital newsletter. I am attempting to avoid a complete redesign of the pages. I believe it should be possible to tell Publisher to re-sequence the pages in the proper order and to resize the pages to 8.5x11 for personal computer printout on letter-size ho...

Notes preview option on notes view page
Is there a way to cause the preview (small triangle) to activate for all notes on the contact page? We would like to see a preview of all notes on the same page. Thanks for your help! ...

How can I convert large Publisher 2000 files to Publisher 2003 wi.
When converting large files with embedded photos from Publisher 2000 into Publisher 2003, SOMETIMES the photos do not transfer with the text. I have large amounts of both RAM and Hardrive memory, so that shouldn't be causing problems. How can I reliably convert my Publisher 2000 files into Publisher 2003? Maybe you need to increase your swap file Large Publisher 2000 publication opens slowly in Publisher 2002 or 2003 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;289010 -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com &qu...

Prints blank page first?
I created a publication on one computer (Pub 2000, Win98SE), burned it to a CD, and am trying to print from another computer (Publisher 2000 with Win2000 and an HP Deskjet printer). Ctrl+P, Print page 1 to 1 - and I get a blank sheet coming out first, then Page 1. Same thing happened with Page 2. Did I miss a setting somewhere? Ed Did you try copying the file to the hard drive first and then print? Open the printers and fax folder in the control panel, right-click your printer, properties, advanced tab, separator page button, clear anything it may say in the "separator page"...

Attention: Publisher 2003 Trial/Evaluation Users
There is a known issue with the activation/product key scenario with Publisher 2003 Eval/Trials. The head of Publisher marketing is currently working on this situation. When I find out more about any possible workaround, I will post back with those details. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ...

Page setup #3
Is it possible to print landscape and portrait pages in the same worksheet? How? Print the range that you want landscape. Go into file|page setup make your changes print the range that you want portrait. Matt wrote: > > Is it possible to print landscape and portrait pages in the same > worksheet? How? -- Dave Peterson ...

sum up 2 different columns
=D5-SUM(D6:D92,H6:H92) i thought worked but i guess it doesn't cant anyone help me Don't know what version of Excel you are using. I have 2003, put your formula in pretty much exactly and it worked just fine. Here is mine. =A14-SUM(A2:A11,B2:B11) "Michele" wrote: > =D5-SUM(D6:D92,H6:H92) i thought worked but i guess it doesn't cant anyone > help me i'm running 2002 i think. but for some reason my formula won't work anymore. got any suggestions "Jarrod" wrote: > Don't know what version of Excel you are using. I have 2003, put your...

Publisher fails install
While attempting to install MS Publisher 2003 on a XP Pro box with SP2 the install gets to about 90 % then begins to roll back without installing. Any ideas on this. I also copied the cd to the C drive but had the same results. Do you have an anti-virus program? How to use Office programs with the Norton AntiVirus Office plug-in http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;329820. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Frank F" <Frank F@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1B3FA9AE-3E8D...

Different in 2007 vs 2003
I'm using 2007 working with charts and sharing with my customers that are saved in 2003. There is other data on the worksheet and everything is the same (down to the colum width) and duplicated on 28 worksheets in the workbook. On some sheets for it to fit in the designated area on the sheet, the chart size is 4.04 & 5.04 and another it will be 3.38 & 3.88. On the smaller size charts, it looks right on screen but print preview shoves the chart to the middle of the page. The page setup is fit to one page, and the same if it is centered on the page or not. If I move the ...

Layout Options Box Will not open
I did a fresh install of Windows XP Pro SP3. I just installed Windows Live Mail and Live Messenger. In Live Mail I cannot open the Layout Options box in order to change the position of the reading pane from the right to the bottom. And in Messenger my contacts are not displayed. I was having these same issues before I reinstalled the OS. I have another computer running XP SP2 with Live Mail and Messenger on it and I have not had these problems. Support from MS has not been able to help. Right click on the Toolbar, Customize toolbar, add Reading pane. -- Ron Sommer MS MV...

Blank page XP System Restore and Network Setup Wizard
Hi all. Any help gratefully received. Apologies for the length of this message but want to try and give as much info as is reasonable. For some months I have a blank opening page on XP/Help and Support/System Restore and cannot effect a restore or create my own restore point therefore directly. However in the Sys Vol folder all restore points are still being auto created by XP. I have followed much advice from various sources such as MS MVP's and MS and other websites to no avail. The list is exhaustive and would create complaints if I posted the full list here which would st...

Biggest difference
Are there any major differences? Is it worth getting the upgrade? How does it compare to Quicken? TIA Have a nice week... Trent Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity! http://catalogs.google.com/microsoft.html start here and search for your items. >-----Original Message----- >Are there any major differences? Is it worth getting the upgrade? > >How does it compare to Quicken? > >TIA > > >Have a nice week... > >Trent > >Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity! >. > ...

Word page setup window is too large to select OK button
I'm using Microsoft office 2007 on a netbook computer. The screen is so small that the page setup window is too large to see the OK button at the bottom of the window. Can I resize the Setup window or move the window in some way in order to see the OK button? Or, is there a way to have a scroll bar show up on the window. Press Alt+spacebar, which opens a small menu in the top left corner of the dialog. Click the Move item or press M, which changes the cursor to a four-headed arrow. Use the up arrow key to move the dialog up until you can see the OK button, and press Enter t...

different disks or luns
I have a exchange cluster with 2 storage groups and 3 databases each. The storage is a SAN. Does it matter if I create one large RAID 1+0 and create luns on that or should I create separate arrays of RAID 1+0 separate the databases and logs into completely arrays? It depends on the number of users your server will support. The more users you have the more disk spindles you need to support the I/O requirements. This is a simple fact whether your disks are direct-attached or on a SAN, regardless of what your SAN vendor tells you. If you try to support 2,000 active users on that se...

can you keep an excel table updated in publisher
I am looking to import an excel worksheet into publisher. I was wondering if there is any way, that when I make changes on my spreadsheet in excel it will also update my information in publisher Insert, Object, tick Create from file, click link, browse to the file. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "publisher" <publisher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:15556FB0-2EA3-4ED9-90F8-727F677CDE34@microsoft.com... >I am looking to import an excel worksheet into publisher. I was wondering i...

Formatting a book layout...
I am trying write a short user guide where the left hand page will contain some 'content' whilst the right hand page will contain editorial comments on that content. The comments will be quite detailed in most instances so the 'comment' feature in word is not appropriate. I've tried using columns but they don't seem to be able to solve the problem (when adding new 'content' the text 'wraps' meaning the rest of the document becomed out of sync). Using a table with 2 columns is an option but this is incredibly awkward as each paragraph effective...

Multiple pages open when I open Excel
I was working away in Excel and thought I had clicked the Save icon o the standard toolbar. At that point the block of figures I had bee working on became highlighted (I wasn't using any formulae) I the closed the Excel programme and tried to open it again and this tim multiple pages opened each was a copy and each highlighted in the sam way! Can ayone explain what I did wrong? I just want to save, close an open normally -- Lancashire Lass Do your "pages", which are worksheets,Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP have a number after the filename like filename.xls:1 and filename.xls:2 ...

Printing a chart to fill the whole page
In a previous version of excel (2000) I was able to click on a chart to select it and print it to screen. Once it was in the print preview I was able to go to setup and select an option that changed the chart properties to print the chart on a full page(fit to one page). I am trying to print the same chart in excel 2007 and it is printing as a small thin chart (from the left to the right margin) but it is not bringing it to the top and bottom margins. How can I change the setup of my charts to print full page? Thanks. -- Becky P. This is actually what I thought of as one of the im...

Error message opening a file due to too many different cell formats
What can be done to fix this problem? There are 63 sheets in this workbook. There has been a lot of copying and pasting. Now the workbook won't open because there are too many different cell formats. Hi for dealing with too many cell formats have a look at the following KB article http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;213904 Though I'm not sure it will help if you can't open your file anymore -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany lc wrote: > What can be done to fix this problem? There are 63 sheets > in this workbook. There has been a lot of co...

creating an e-mail hyperlink from a web page
Can anyone tell me what format I need to use to format a hyperlink that customers can click the submit button and communicate via e-mail to me from our web page. -- Gina I presume you know how to insert a hyperlink, and that given your use of the words "submit button", that you are actually asking about how to get the forms feature to work. Reference: Publisher web publication forms 101 http://msmvps.com/blogs/dbartosik/archive/2006/01/07/80564.aspx And then you will probably want to read the article about HTTP uploading protocol, and the troubleshooting article here: http:...

Downloading same emails to 2 different computers
Since I began using Outlook again in the 2007 Office beta, my solution to keep messages on the server for couple days so that the same messages will download to both my desktop and my laptop is causing the same emails to download into Outlook every time I close and reopen Outlook. I was using OE before this and did not have this duplicate download problem but I am really liking Outlook again, if a workaround can be found. Would someone know how I can accomplish the same thing (download emails to both PCs) without 'leaving copy on server' option? TIA for ANY ideas!!! katy ...

how to group several items in different groups to be placed in a c
I have a budget plan which have different headings (Housing, Transportation, Food, Entertainment, and so forth). I would like to keep the items that is listed under those heading and give the heading a total $ amount for each headings and place that heading in a chart. eg: to have the heading/catergory represent these area of the budget plan. is that possible? If you simply wish to chart a few items with descriptions, assuming tha you have for example "Housing" in G4 and the subtotal for housing in H4 "Transportation" in G8 and the subtotal for transportation in H8, yo...