Desktop color

Using P2003, I changed my display resolution from 800x400 to a higher
one, and my screen colors changed, both on my Windows desktop and my
Publisher desktop. I can't remember, and couldn't find it in Help, how
do I change my desktop within Pub to be something other than white?
0
user681 (69)

Control panel, display folder, appearance tab, advanced button.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"ladyt" <user@domain.invalid> wrote in message
> Using P2003, I changed my display resolution from 800x400 to a higher one, and
> my screen colors changed, both on my Windows desktop and my Publisher desktop.
> I can't remember, and couldn't find it in Help, how do I change my desktop
> within Pub to be something other than white?

0
mary-sauer (6480)
5/2/2007 2:36:56 PM
Thank you.

Mary Sauer wrote:
> Control panel, display folder, appearance tab, advanced button.

0
user681 (69)

How do I save a Publisher document as my desktop picture?
I have created a simple Publisher document that is a reminder to "Log Out" when finished using computer as there are multiple users on our computer. How do I save this document so it shows as my desktop background picture? Thank you, Randy. Randy95 wrote: > I have created a simple Publisher document that is a > reminder to "Log Out" when finished using computer as > there are multiple users on our computer. How do I save > this document so it shows as my desktop background > picture? Thank you, Randy. =========================================== If you...

Newsletter template color
I am using a newsletter template, in color, but would like to print color only on the front and back page. I'd like all template design on inside pages to be of a gray scale. How do I do this? Two separate publications... Or two separate print jobs. On your cover page, file, print, do your printer preferences, print current page, click no. When the print is finished, turn the page over, go to View, clear two page spread, go to page 2, print, do your printer preferences, print current page, click no. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news:/...

Problem in setting text color in CListView
hi all How can I set color of the text displayed as different rows in CListView. how can i set different colors to different rows in CListView. Thanks a lot. Harish use Owner-draw listcontrols... search in codeguru/codeproject for samples "Harish" <harish.k at sify.com> wrote in message news:u$7beQU9DHA.1816@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > hi all > > > How can I set color of the text displayed as different rows in CListView. > > how can i set different colors to different rows in CListView. > > Thanks a lot. > > Harish > > > hi Ja...

Outlook 2003 desktop and tray icon
After installing Outlook 2003 over Outlook 2000, I had to make the following registry change in order to force Windows 2000 to show the new Outlook 2003 icon (rather than the old Outlook 2000) icon on the desktop: [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{00020D75-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}\DefaultIcon] @="C:\\PROGRA~1\\MICROS~3\\OFFICE11\\OUTLOOK.EXE,0" However, when I open Outlook 2003, besides the icon in the task bar, an additional icon is shown in the tray area and that is still the old Outlook 2000 icon. - How can I control the display of this icon in the tray? - How to get Windows to sho...

finding a cell of a particular color
Hi, I would like to make a SUMIF on cells formatted is some ways (font, background color, character color, ...) So it would only sum the cells that are written in dark blue for example. I hav searched but didn't find any function to test that, but I know there should be one because I can make a 'FIND' on those cells. Of course I'll have to know the color codes or names .. Thanks for your help, Xavier see response in programming -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) &qu...

CRM 4.0 DESKTOP client for Outlook don't load all options (?)
Today I found some problem in CRM Desktop Outlook client...when I try to create e-mail quick campaign I did't find option "e-mail via mail merge" and the same option for list. In CRM menu (in Outlook) under Otions I didn't found "synchronization" tab. After restart Outlook for few hours all was ok, but after I observed the same situation, restart and all is ok... Is some solution of this problem... ...

formating color
hi i have a formating question. i have cells with number choices i them. for example the cell looks like this. 100, 105, 123, 041, 514, 455 now i want to go back and select one of these. i wanted to highligh the one that was chosen. but it will not let me. is there a way i ca do this? it will only allow me to highlight the entire cell, not jus parts of it. thank you in advanc -- RAPPE ----------------------------------------------------------------------- RAPPEL's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3624 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com...

make dayly appiont pop up on desktop screen
can you make important days appointment reminders appear on the desktop screen.have them stay until they are manual removed What version of Outlook are you using? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.html Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007: http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazon "mga1958" <mga1958@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F77E2D16-60BA-412D-919C-4620AEA7F534@microsoft.com... > can you make important days appointment reminders ap...

I have a countdown set up in Excel, how can I move it to desktop?
I want to be able to see the countdown on a small part of my screen, without having to have Excel taking up half of the space! Is there a way to capture part of the Excel sheet and move it to the desktop? no, but you can go view/toolbars and turn them all off, then tools/options/view and turn off scroll bars and headers, etc, and you can size the window down to about an inch by an inch If you put Excel in full screen mode (View - Full screen), it will remove the toolbars. If it doesn't, remove them manually once with View - Toolbars, and full screen mode will remember that). Now ...

Changing the color of the follow-up Flag.
Can anyone tell me how to have multiple colors for the follow-up flag? I have been all over the help and the web trying to find an answer. Thank you in advance Tom Clark You can't in Outlook 2002 and earlier. Outlook 2003 adds this feature. -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "Tom Clark" <donald.clark@gstleather.com> wrote in message news:0ade01c35ce7$2b94f910$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Can anyone tell me how to have multiple colors for the > follow-up flag? > > I ha...

Locking cell color pattern when sorting rows?
I am creating a spreadsheet where I want every alternating row to have a light grey solid pattern that acts as shading, so it is easier to follow individual rows from column to column on a printed page. The problem is that when I choose to sort rows by a specific data property in any column, the shading pattern becomes messed up, because there doesnt seem to be a way to lock the shaded pattern of each cell. Is there a solution to this problem? Thanks Sanjay; Might this be a solution ? Seperate lines between groups of data by using conditional formatting. - In a spreadsheet, build a table....

Color Defaults, Package Resets & Downloads
I'm not a big fan of Excel's default chart colors. I can change them one by one as needed & experiment w/ what looks best, but are there any downloads that would allow me to conveniently reset the colors in one fell swoop? Thanks. -- Jay Hi Jay, You can try my 'Colour Palette Tool' at http://www.edferrero.com/charting.aspx Still a work in progress I'm afraid, but it will let you change the colour palette in one operation by setting incremental colour changes. Ed Ferrero Microsoft Excel MVP http://www.edferrero.com > I'm not a big fan of Excel's...

Protected worksheet allowed to change ONLY font color
Is there a way to have a protected worksheet where users are allowed ONLY to change font color in a cell. The option to format cells under "protect sheet" allows too many abilities to the user. I am using Excel 2003. ...

Color in cells table
I have to put different colors in different cells of a table. I want to create a macro to help me do this. I followed the instructions to create a macro, but nothing happenned. The macro does not contains any visual basic codes and does not work. The need is simple as: When in a cell, select the appropriate color and texture, and applied it to the selected cell. thks In article <6FB4A8E8-51C0-4897-ADFF-6097471B4CB5@microsoft.com>, Nosi4211 wrote: > I have to put different colors in different cells of a table. I want to > create a macro to help me do this. ...

Fill Colors in Publisher 2000
Fill colors dissapear. I am using a calander and in some dates I am filling in different colors. For the most part it works fine, but occassionally when I go to fill in a new date all the dates filled with color lose their color. This will also happen with colored text as the test will default back to black. ...

Syncronise my Desktop and my Laptop
Hi, I use Outlook 2003 to receive emails. I would like to receive my emails on my laptop as well and I know how to set it up, but how do I synchronise both machines? Both machines have XP pro SP2. I want everything on my desktop to be on my laptop and every time I receive an email with my laptop I want to be able to synchronise it to my desktop. How can I do it? Many thanks in advance. Simon Hi Simon, Have a look on this site for 3rd Party Tools: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.htm For Email sharing an IMAP account could be a good solution: http://www.slipstick.com/mail1/o...

How do a preview a document in color?
I can only print preview in black and white! Maria wrote: > I can only print preview in black and white! Do you have a colour printer? Is it set as the active printer in this publication? Do you have Single Color selected under Tools > Commercial Print Tools > Color Printing? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher ...

Change the color of only one side of a border
I am working on a report in design view that is tabular. The schematic below represents a header (Resource Integration) followed by the detail (Section A, Section B, etc). The Resource Int. field has white font with black fill. The fields below it have black font with white fill. The border width of the Res. Int. field is 1. The border color is white. I chose white because there are additional fields to the right of Res. Int. and the white border separates them against the black fill. However, when I print the report, the left side of Res. Int. field is shorter than the le...

CRM Client for Desktop
Can anyone tell me if it is possible to customise the installation "location" for the "CRM 3.0 Client for Desktops"? I understand that the "Specify installation location" option only appears during installation of the CRM 3.0 Client for Laptops, but not for Desktops. We need to be able to customise the installation location as we will be streaming the CRM Client using Softgrid (which requires installation to the Q: Drive) Thanks, Jim. You can write a XML script to define the installation location. Refer chapter 19-4 of IG. Install Microsoft CRM Client fo...

Color doesn't print correctly
I have Publisher 2003 and Printer HP color laserjet 1600. The colors I see in my print preview do not print the same as I see them. Pink comes out a yellowish brown. Other colors come out darker (especially blue - or it is more purple) What can I do to fix this? It's very irritating to spend time to get my colors just right and then have them print completely differently. thanks Meenie PS: I tried to post this about an hour ago, but it never showed up - sorry if it comes in twice! :) Try calibrating your monitor. Matching screen color to prints is not an easy thing to do. http://w...

Using modified color in excel
Hello, I have modified several colors in a worksheet, what can I do to verify the user sees the same color as I intended (I understand the differences in monitors, software, etc - but would like a similar color to show. Thank You -- Karmen ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Karmen's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30972 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=513774 Hi Karmen, If you have modified the colour palette, then that palette will be saved with your workbook. Other us...

Conditional Formatting
I am using the below to auto change color if it meets the condition... =IF(F26>=0,IF(OR((F26)<=2,(F26)>=-1),"GREEN", IF(AND((F26)<=2.5,(F26)<=-1.5),"AMBER","RED")), IF(AND((F26)>=2,(F26)<=-1),"GREEN", IF(AND((F26)>=2.5,(F26)>=-1.5),"AMBER","RED"))) Any help is appreciated. -- J~ In 2003, when you set up a conditional format, you can choose one color for the condition. If you want to do something like what you are showing, you're going to need to use a Worksheet_Change event and code something ...

Font Colors with headers and Footers
Is there a way to change the font colors for headers and footers in excell? Thanks, Scott In article <C87229DB-B570-4EEE-9E2D-8BE6F68BC345@microsoft.com>, "sip8316" <sip8316@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there a way to change the font colors for headers and footers in excell? No. ...

Font Color
Does Excel 2000 offer the capability to customixe font or fill color as in Word? I need to customize the colors we are using in Excel to match our company colors. Thank you! Laurie Tools>Options>Color. Modify button. Note also the "copy colors from" button. If you have a workbook with Custom colors, you can import that scheme to the workbook you are working with. You must have both workbooks open at the time. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 14:39:24 -0700, "Laurie Stowe" <lstowe@thinkcbc.com> wrote: >Does Excel 2000 offer the capability...

Word 2007 Background Color PDF
I was finally able to get the background color to print. I'm using a 2-color fill, fading from one color to the other. When I do it, it doesn't fade an even color top to bottom. It goes dark to light then starts toward light agaoin before it cuts off. (I have the correct box selected). Then, when I save as a PDF, it gives me 5 sets of the faded lines. That is, light to dark to light to dark... etc. 5 times. How can I set that "scale" or get it corrected? Thanx JDC Page backgrounds are more concerned with web page creation, which does not support pages...