design gallery problem

I'm a having a problem saving my objects in Design Gallery in Pub 2000.

I create the object and save it as a .pub file.

I then insert the object into design gallery  - Insert - Add selection to
Design Gallery.

When I exit publisher and go back into Design Gallery the object is not
there!

I also notice that the object is saved as a Pub 97 file.

I use Pub 2000 all the time but I still have Pub 97 installed on my PC.

What's causing this?

Thanks,

Camroc.

0
hannonc (5)

Hi Camroc (hannonc@eircom.net),
in the Microsoft� newsgroups
you posted:

|| I'm a having a problem saving my objects in Design Gallery in Pub
|| 2000.
|| I create the object and save it as a .pub file.
|| I then insert the object into design gallery  - Insert - Add
|| selection to Design Gallery.
|| When I exit publisher and go back into Design Gallery the object is
|| not there!
|| I also notice that the object is saved as a Pub 97 file.
|| I use Pub 2000 all the time but I still have Pub 97 installed on my
|| PC.
|| What's causing this?
|| Thanks,
|| Camroc.

The object will remain in the design gallery if you are in the same
publication that it was created in. The object will not appear in any other
publication, including new blank publications.

--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Office Publisher MVP

confers no rights.
The

0
publisher (1244)
10/9/2003 7:45:04 PM
The Design Gallery is a complete and total dud.

The object is only available in the same publication - real and totally dumb
eh!!!

donotknock (1941)

Word problem
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Word will not let me insert a bibliography into my word document. When i go onto document elements - it is not allowing me to click as it is shadowed - ???? Since you don't specify otherwise, start with the basics: 1- Make sure Office is fully updated to 12.2.4 2- Make sure OS X is fully updated to 10.6.3 3- Repair Disk Permissions 4- Restart your Mac Confirming all of that it will make it possible to determine how to approach the problem. Until that's all done it's pointless to chase symptoms. Regar...

Password Problem
I have just installed Money 2004 over the top of my old Money 2003. At the sign-in page, Money has decided that my old passport password is not correct (I didn't change it) and will not let me in. I have followed several support tech suggestions such as change my password (didn't work) and set up a new .Net Passport (didn't work either). I am now at a loss on how to resolve this issue without completely uninstalling the program and risking loss of all my data. I still have my Money 2003 CD. Could I try to re-install this over 2004? I do have a hard disk back-up for ...

LoadBarState problem
I am running an application from the command line. It runs OK but when it has finished I want it to restore to it's normal position to display the results. The function below fails in LoadBarState. Tracing into LoadBarState I find that the problem is that m_listControlBars in GetControlBar does not exist. The same code works OK when it is called during initialization from CMainFrame::OnCreate but it fails when called from CEasyNNDoc::ShowWindow, the function below. Any ideas? Steve BOOL CEasyNNDoc::ShowWindow(CString strParams) { int nIndex = 0, nLength = strParams.GetLength(); CStr...

RPC over HTTP problem #3
Hi, All! My network configuration: DC1, DC2 and MX (MS Exchange 2003, sp1). All of them Windows Server 2003. What was done: In the registry on dc1 and dc2 was created a new key: "NSPI Interface protocol sequences" with value: ncacn_http:6004. MX was promoted to be a GC. Installed RPC over HTTP windows component. MX was changed to be RPC-HTTP back-end server. On the MX Default Web Site was installed cerificate from the local authority running on DC2. On the RPC virtual directory anonymous access and integrated windows authentication were disabled. In the registry of MX the key HK...

Formula Conversion Problem
I'm doing some stuff with horseracing, and when I copy the files to the spreadsheet it looks like this: 22.1 45.4 22.2 44.3 22.3 45.2 22.4 46.3 The fractions are in fifths. It reads 22 and 1/5 second, 22 and 2/5, 44 and 3/5 seconds, etc. I need to subtract column a from column b, and I THINK I have to convert the numbers to tenths to do that. So it would be: 22.2 22.4 22.6 etc. Either there is a way to subtract them without converting to tenths or I have to convert. How can I convert these numbers? I drew a blank. Try this in C1: =3DINT(B1)+MOD(B1,1)*2-INT(A1)-MOD(A1...

OWA Set Rule problem

Problems saving a worksheet with Links
Does anyone know how I can resolve this issue ... I have a directory which contains 129 worksheets which have links to external data (in a Master Spreadsheet) -- I need to copy these files into a New Directory, but kee the Master Spreadsheet (which they are linked to) in the original location. If I do a simple Cut & Past, the Reference Link to the Master Spreadsheet gets moved to the New Directory (where the file does not exist), but if I open the worksheet (in the original directory/location) and Save As to the New Directory, the worksheet saved in the New Directory maintains its link t...

date format problem #11
I have a schedule from an internet page that i am trying to save as an excel file. I have opened the page in the "print" format, which lays it out in nice neat columns and rows. Then I try to edit with excel and it shows up on an excel sheet all neat and tidy but the dates are all screwed up. I have tried numerous ways of saving the webpage and opening in excel, cutting and pasting, but all to no avail.... excel is changing the dates to very mysterious ones that have no relation to the real ones. I realise that it is "reading" them incorrectly, but I don't know how to g...

exchange front-end back-end problem
I have installed a new exchange 2003 back-end server and moved my old exchange 2003 server to a front-end server and placed it in a DMZ. I have opened all the nessary ports on the firewall and all is working correctly mail delivery local/external, RPC/Http, Owa, etc. The only problem that I see is that everyday 20 to 30 system messages from (SB-IS) build in the queue for delivery to the front-end server. My question is what are these messages and how do I stop them from being generated. It doesnt appear that they are needed because I delete them daily and I pretty sure I could have them delive...

A problem using DDE
I have been using DDE to connect to another apllication and retriev data. From the application I select data and click on link to excel. On excel worksheet I click paste, but excel crashes and gives th message "not responding" Does excel need particular settings ? I don't know what to do -- excel5 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- excel57's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1738 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=38584 ...

OE6 problems again
Now when I receive an answer from a company (?) like Webshots or XM radio it show up in the "deleted" file. That's a new one on me. Anyone know why? bandi wrote: > Now when I receive an answer from a company (?) like Webshots or XM radio it > show up in the "deleted" file. That's a new one on me. Anyone know why? How many rules did you define in OE? Using any 3rd party anti-spam program? OE-specific newsgroup (again): news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.outlookexpress.general -- ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear) MS MVP-IE, Mail, Secu...

printing word doc problem
I had to replace my harddrive and reload all my programs. Now when I print a word doc., about every third line the top of the line is cut off at the top. I have reloaded all the drivers for the printer and for Office professional. I have gone through all the troubleshooting tutorials. I'm at a loss on what to do! Text from a Power Point slide prints fine. Have you checked the line spacing in the Format>Paragraph dialog? -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins ...

Font problem with Office 2004 for mac
I have Tiger, whenever I try to Launch any Office program, as the the menu loads to 'optimizing font menu performance' It pops up with 'The font " " has been corrupted and should be removed'. It does this with MANY fonts, many of which I don't even have in my font folder. It does this every time during the program start, and most times even if I go through clicking ok 40-60 times it will sometimes freeze up anyway. Anyway to fix, get around this problem? Please email me at madefornothing@yahoo.com. Hi, this problem affects quite a few users, and there'...

Send/Receive Problem
I am using Outlook 2002 on an XP platform. I cannot get Outlook to check for Email at regular intervals. I have the my Outlook set to Send and Receive all my accounts every 10 minutes but nothing happens. The only way I can receive Emails is by manually using the Send/Recv button or pressing F9. Can anyone offer any help. In case it is relevant I am using Norton Internet Security 2003. PWS Not sure it it Yor problem, but Outlook has some problems with Noroton Antivirus runing and chekking e-mails. As far as I know, Outlook may stop recieving e-mails from POP3 servers due to very le...

Problems with my inbox on outlook
Hi, Is anybody able to help me or offer me some advice please? My inbox is having problems displaying my mail. When I opened Outlook to view today's emails, I found that I had about 9 new emails but no sign what so ever of any other previous email that I had in my inbox. I then went into a folder with one of my new emails and when I came out of that folder back into my inbox, I found it to be completely empty. Mail that I have stored in folders are still there but my Inbox is bare!! Anyone got any ideas what may be wrong? Caxy2001 It sounds like you've turn...

Excel problem #3

auto forward problems
I setup a 'contact' for 5 existing users in Exchange 5.5 Administrator. I give the contacts the desired SMTP address where they want their mail forwarded to. I set the corresponding 'contact' as the 'alternate recipient' for each of the 5 as detailed in Q255697. 2 of 5 work, the other 3 do not. When sending to each of the 5, 3 return undeliverable stating "A configuration error in the e-mail system caused the message to bounce between two servers or to be forwarded between two recipients." Any ideas? -adam Adam SK wrote: > I setup a 'con...

Sync net folder problem
I am sharing my calendar to my workmate with net folder. My PC is Win XP and Office 2000 and my workmate's is Win 98 and also Office 2000. I always find that My calender can't be updated from my workmate when I return office after I've taken my notebook for a few days. Can't net folder sync. data offline? Thx. your attention. Ken So Net Folders uses e-mail messages to send updates between computers so naturally you would have to be connected to your e-mail to get any updates. When you leave the office and are not connected you won't get any updates but as soon as ...

Problem getting data to refresh
Hi All. I am using access to open, refresh, and close an excel spreadsheet. The code below works fine as far as opening and closing the spreadsheet, but it doesn't refresh the data. Any idea why? Thanks in advance for any help. Private Sub Command2_Click() Dim MyXL As Object, xlFileAttribute As String Dim xlFile As String, xlpw As String DoCmd.SetWarnings True xlFile = "c:\ActualHires.xls" 'Set file attribute xlFileAttribute = GetAttr(xlFile) ' Returns 1. If xlFileAttribute = 1 Then SetAttr (xlFile), vbNormal End If 'Defe...

Exchange 2003 with SP2 problems...

msn money has a problem this am
When I tried to expand the charts on the lower left corner the program (msn money portfolio) crashed. This has now happened with both Firefox and IE8 ...

small problem
hi every body; i wrote a program that it has error ;plz help me :( using System; namespace ConsoleApplication45 { class Program { static void Main(string[] args) { Console.ForegroundColor = ConsoleColor.Red; Console.WriteLine("***********"); for (int i = 0; i < 1008; i++) { Console.BackgroundColor = ConsoleColor.DarkCyan; Console.Write(" "); } move(); // ***********error is for here***********************************************...

Active Directory/Exchange problem
All, Before I joined my current employer the admin here upgraded from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2000(Box A) and then added another Exchange 2000 box to the organisation(Box B)and migrated the data in Box A to Box B. Box B is now the working exchange server and Box A is no longer used. The problem is that if I actually shut down Box A I can add a new user to Active Directory but I am unable to modify a users email/smtp details. All mail can still be transferred with no problems which would lead me to believe that Exchange is Ok but there is some sort of Active Directory link between the two bo...

save as version 2003 problem
I'm working in vba in Access to create and save an Excel file. All's good except that one of the workstations this is runnign on is using Office 2007. I'm developing in 2003 and all the other workstatiosn they have are using 2003. It's very important that the files be saved in 2003 format. When I do this, it runs fine and saves as 97/95 objExcelBk.SaveAs sTempPath & sExcelFileName, xlExcel9795 ','56 = xl 2000/2003 I read online in a forum post that "56" is the correct code for saving as 2003 but that's when the code is written in 20...

chart line style problem
I am making a scatter chart (with lines) in Excel 2007 under Vista. I can select a line style, for example, long dashes. However, if I try to change the axis (change from "automatic" to "fixed" on the horizontal axis), the line on the chart immediately becomes solid again. The legend still shows the proper dashing. I can get the dashing partly back by making the line thinner, but only where the variation is fastest - regions where the derivative is near zero are still solid even for thin lines. I'll appreciate any help! frank I was not able to reproduce this. Can you...