DEFAULT TEXT BOX FONTS

Hi,

In Publisher 2003, it's possible to set fill and line settings as defaults, 
so that when you create a new text box it automatically uses them . . .

However, does anyone know of a way to associate a font (or preferably a 
style) with new text boxes, so that when you create one the correct typeface 
is automatically selected?

Thanks
0
Subligaria (15)
6/26/2006 3:08:02 PM
publisher 21446 articles. 6 followers. Follow

3 Replies
343 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 20

Open the Font Schemes from the format menu, click "Styles and Formatting", click 
Create new style.

Setting Text Defaults using Normal.pub
http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/normal.pub

Right-click the text box, click format text box, Colors and Lines tab, at the 
bottom of this dialogue is a check-off "Apply settings to new text boxes."

-- 
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
http://msauer.mvps.org/
news://msnews.microsoft.com

"Subligaria" <Subligaria@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:2F4C5582-5A4A-41E5-AA0C-7C574EA2C651@microsoft.com...
> Hi,
>
> In Publisher 2003, it's possible to set fill and line settings as defaults,
> so that when you create a new text box it automatically uses them . . .
>
> However, does anyone know of a way to associate a font (or preferably a
> style) with new text boxes, so that when you create one the correct typeface
> is automatically selected?
>
> Thanks 


0
mary-sauer (6480)
6/26/2006 3:23:06 PM
Thanks for that.

Here's a new one, if you've got a few more minutes . . .

Publisher does not support Table of Contents creation. It occurred to me to 
wonder whether inserting a Word object (actually a TOC from a Word file) 
would work. It doesn't. What I got was a TOC but no option to update it. 
Trying to edit the underlying field didn't work either.

Do you know a way to make inserted TOCs work?

Thanks.



"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Open the Font Schemes from the format menu, click "Styles and Formatting", click 
> Create new style.
> 
> Setting Text Defaults using Normal.pub
> http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/normal.pub
> 
> Right-click the text box, click format text box, Colors and Lines tab, at the 
> bottom of this dialogue is a check-off "Apply settings to new text boxes."
> 
> -- 
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> news://msnews.microsoft.com
> 
> "Subligaria" <Subligaria@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:2F4C5582-5A4A-41E5-AA0C-7C574EA2C651@microsoft.com...
> > Hi,
> >
> > In Publisher 2003, it's possible to set fill and line settings as defaults,
> > so that when you create a new text box it automatically uses them . . .
> >
> > However, does anyone know of a way to associate a font (or preferably a
> > style) with new text boxes, so that when you create one the correct typeface
> > is automatically selected?
> >
> > Thanks 
> 
> 
> 
0
Subligaria (15)
6/26/2006 3:43:01 PM
You cannot get the Word TOC to work in Publisher.  It is my own opinion if you 
have a long document it is best done in Word. A TOC in Publisher is a manual 
endeavor.

-- 
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
http://msauer.mvps.org/
news://msnews.microsoft.com

"Subligaria" <Subligaria@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:A9C9C35E-9CF2-4F84-B6DB-45902A8388E1@microsoft.com...
> Thanks for that.
>
> Here's a new one, if you've got a few more minutes . . .
>
> Publisher does not support Table of Contents creation. It occurred to me to
> wonder whether inserting a Word object (actually a TOC from a Word file)
> would work. It doesn't. What I got was a TOC but no option to update it.
> Trying to edit the underlying field didn't work either.
>
> Do you know a way to make inserted TOCs work?
>
> Thanks.
>
>
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> Open the Font Schemes from the format menu, click "Styles and Formatting", 
>> click
>> Create new style.
>>
>> Setting Text Defaults using Normal.pub
>> http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/normal.pub
>>
>> Right-click the text box, click format text box, Colors and Lines tab, at the
>> bottom of this dialogue is a check-off "Apply settings to new text boxes."
>>
>> -- 
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>> news://msnews.microsoft.com
>>
>> "Subligaria" <Subligaria@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:2F4C5582-5A4A-41E5-AA0C-7C574EA2C651@microsoft.com...
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > In Publisher 2003, it's possible to set fill and line settings as defaults,
>> > so that when you create a new text box it automatically uses them . . .
>> >
>> > However, does anyone know of a way to associate a font (or preferably a
>> > style) with new text boxes, so that when you create one the correct 
>> > typeface
>> > is automatically selected?
>> >
>> > Thanks
>>
>>
>> 


0
mary-sauer (6480)
6/26/2006 4:15:30 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

CTabCtrl and retrieving text with GetItem
I am using the following code to show a popup menu when the user right clicks on a tab in a CTabCtrl: void CTabBar::OnRButtonDown(UINT nFlags, CPoint point) { TCHITTESTINFO info; info.pt.x = point.x; info.pt.y = point.y; long tab = m_tabctrl.HitTest(&info); if (tab == -1) return; TCITEM item; item.mask = TCIF_TEXT; if (!m_tabctrl.GetItem(tab, &item)) return; ....... My next step from here was to retrieve item.pszText. However - GetItem is ALWAYS returning false. For example, I have 1 tab and I right click on it. HitTest return 0 (ind...

IE8 Instant search box
Hi All I finally succumbed to the temptation to download IE8. I have spent the last 3/4 of an hour trying to regain control of my browser :-) I have switched off all accelerators and all that other stuff - even figured out how to stop the browser popping up the accelerator icon EVEN though I'd switched them off . . . I am happy to use the instant search box. (It's in a convenient place...). I DO NOT WANT any kind of suggestion from IE8 about what I'm looking for. I KNOW what I'm looking for - and the computer hasn't got a clue . . . So managed to sw...

How do I make numbers become text?
I am trying to create a spreadsheet where numbers entered in one location become text in another. I tried the Help option, but I am still lost. Please help, and thank you. From earlier postings: How to Convert a Numeric Value into English Words http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN- US;140704& and: (courtesy of a cut and paste from a Tom Ogilvy post): If you want an addin that provides a worksheet function that does this, download Laurent Longre's free morefunc.xll addin found here: http://longre.free.fr/english/ It is downloaded in a zip file which also conta...

How to set a icons instead of a menu text?
Hello, I'm not quiet sure this can be done , but i would like for some reasons to set icons to describe my menus. Can this be done and how? Many thanks Breadl, It is possible to owner-draw menus, youmight want to check here: http://www.codeproject.com/menu/ and here: http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/controls/menu/ for samples. Johan Rosengren Abstrakt Mekanik AB "Bredal Jensen" <Bredal.Jensen@mimosa.com> a �crit dans le message de news:%23hH2cnyxEHA.2540@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > > Hello, > I'm not quiet sure this can be done , but i would like for so...

Changing text in X and Z reports
Hi, I want to change a text in X and Z reports. The original text is "Paid on Account." I want it to say "On Account." How can I do the change? I already found the XML report template but don't know where to go from there. Thank you in advance. Win open file in Frontpage or text editor. Do "find" and type in "paid on account" to get you to the section quickly. or, just roll down until you find this section =========================== Section: Grand Total Out =========================== --> <!--BOOKMARK--> <ROW...

Need an unbound text box and command button (Search)
I need to create an unbound text box with a command button (Search) on my form which will enable the user to find the current record for a space no. I would like the user to only have to type in the space no. My fields are: SpaceNo Current "Yes" I am not experienced at writing code. Thanks so much. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200911/1 On Wed, 25 Nov 2009 23:09:36 GMT, "Uschi via AccessMonster.com" <u25116@uwe> wrote: If you don't write code, it may be easier to instruc...

Want Input boxes to accept unicode strings on Standard Windows XP
I have a MFC application that is currently built with MBCS mode. If I run the program on a Chinese OS (Windows XP), the input boxes (Edit Controls) can accept Chinese chars and display correctly. If I run it on a standard English XP, the input boxes won't accept Chinese chars (display as "????") -- please note that I have already installed CKJ on the system and IE and Outlook can display Chinese correctly. Is this just because of different MFC libraries used for the application? Can I force the application running on Standard XP to use the unicode libraries so ...

Export a range to a text file
Hello need some advise on how to procede I need to be able to create a text file containg some text as well as data that is within a named range in excel and then some more text. I can handle printing to the text files using cell values etc but am unsure of the best way to print the ranges data. Is there a way or procedure to just print the range as is in csv format? As well my range will contain about 6 columns, each containg a number field (formatting of decimal places is important, some have 2 dec some 3 etc) Also the range has a max of 50 rows however will always contain lower rows of...

Where is the Keep Text Formatting feature located in Word 07
I believe this Keep Text Formatting feature might be what I need, but I have been unable to locate exactly where it is located in Word 2007. I'm trying to rid a Word document sent to me of tables, text boxes, graphics and all other document formatting, while retaining the document's text content. It is unimportant to me whether the text formatting is retained or not. Thanks. Are you referring to a Keep Text Formatting feature in an earlier version of Word? I wonder whether what you're looking for is "Paste Unformatted," since you seem to be saying you _don...

CONCATENATE text to create a formula to be evaluated
Hi, I am wanting to concatenate a set of text to create a formula. I have done so below. =CONCATENATE("=MAX('",O1,"'!A3:A65536)") The result is: =MAX('2009'!A3:A65536) ....but it treats this as a text string when I try to use INDIRECT Cell O1 contains the year minus 1. In this case O1 = 2009. All of my worksheets are named as a year e.g. 2007....2008....2009...2010. I am entering this on sheet 2010. Now the real question: How do I make another cell evaluate this string as an actual formula and spit out the highest number for ...

CDHtmlDialog and large fonts: Am I in hell?
Howdy, I'm writing an app which uses html hosted by CMultiPageDHtmlDialog. My problem is that the html (given to me by designers using Front Page 2003) breaks when the user selects large fonts. I note that in standard 96dpi mode that the base dialog units are 8 and 16, while with 120dpi large fonts they are, as you'd expect, 10 and 20 (i.e. 20% larger). Is there a way to force my dialog to use the same base units for both font size settings? For reference, here is the dialog resource from my rc file which describes my dialog box: IDD_ABOUTBOX DIALOGEX 0, 0, 235, 55 STYLE DS_SETF...

text in formula
Help!!! Is there a way to have a formula where a cell with text is in it, but it is not included in the formula. Like I have a random cell that appears sometimes within the range but because it is text and I do not want to include it in the formula. Is there a certain "symbol" that could be used? HELP!! Hi maureen, It depends on what the actual formula is, but *some* functions ignore text entries. You could use the ISNUMBER function to include only those entries that are numbers. Post your formula for a more detailed reply. Biff >-----Original Message----- >Help...

Selecting Text Box
Is there a keyboard command that one can use with the mouse to select the text box (frame) rather than trigger the Edit Text mode? When there are many objects on the page, getting the mouse to click on the right frame can be a real problem. But if the cursor is in the right box, some keyboard command (with or without the mouse) should help select the right object. Thanks! ...

scripting adding obj-users and mdb-use-defaults to exchange 5.5 users
I have successfully created a script for creating exchange 5.5 users. I can't however, figure out how to add the assoc-nt-account to the obj-users [pseudo attribute] or set MDB-Use-Defaults to True :-( Can anyone offer advice on how to do this [other than generate a CSV file and use the exchange admin tool to import it]? Thanks Wayne ...

Can I display the current date in a text box?
I know how to display the current date in a cell, but can I display it in a text box? And how would I do that? You would have to have some code to load it, such as Textbox1.Text = Format(Date,"dd mmm yyyy") or link the texbox to a cell with the formula =TODAY() -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "stephiebrady" <stephiebrady@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C78C4C78-C12C-4A8F-9121-E377ACAE3B5B@microsoft.com... > I know how to display the current date in a cell, but can I display it in a > text box? And ...

descriptive statistics
I have a survey which has some text answers and some numerical answers. I need to complete histogram and descriptive statistics on this data but I get an error message stating my "data contains non-numerice input". Does that mean all data has to be converted to nummerical format? one way to solve theproblem use count if suppose non numeric data for e.g. a.s.d.f.g etc are in A1 to A100 find out unique set by using advance filter and then use countif function "allen367" <allen367@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E3E2CE4F-7A2E-47FF-8B6E-D88EFF52C...

All of the sudden my file wont open cause the font is missing!
Ok, so this moring i got into my office and tryed to open my 71 page publisher document. When i left yesterday everything was perfect. Now today it says my font i was using Helvetica is no longer available and it asks if i'd like to change the font. I can to another font, but this is a communication going out to stores for the retail compnay i'm with and i'd like to use helvetica. Now when i open a new publisher document or word file, helvetica is indeed there. Why is it missing from this one file? I've NEVER seen this error. Helvetica was never installed with a Micros...

Linking text within Excel-- help!
I have a mailing list that I will be importing into Excel, and am trying to link the names on the list to invoices for those people on the list. Can I do this in Excel by using links? The Excel help feature only seems to describe links with figures (numbers), not text. e.g. Mr. Bill Jones, 123 Main Street, Middletown, OK 40404 (each word in its own cell in the mailing list worksheet) ....would link to a worksheet that had Bill Jones' name and address but also indicted that he purchased a $100 product on June 15 and his bill has been paid in full. My questions: 1. Each of the 300 or...

Deleting a single character in a text field
In one of my tables i have a field that has a text values like '123.23123' i would like , to delete the full stop. How can i do this. I cant do it in excel as the number of records that i have is over 200000. hi, ma1000 wrote: > In one of my tables i have a field that has a text values like '123.23123' i > would like , to delete the full stop. How can i do this. I cant do it in > excel as the number of records that i have is over 200000. Create a update query, use Replace([yourField], ".", "") as new value. mfG --> stefan <-- ...

Lines of text move when viewed in print preview and printed
I am inserting pictures with-in paragraphs of text. I have tried formating as both exact and in-line, using top/bottom. The text moves up 1-2 lines when printed or viewed in print preview. This change in text lines also happens when view is changed from 50% to 100%. I am working with two column text and the pictures are inserted into each column. How can I fix this problem? What version of Windows and Publisher are you using??? You people that think we have crystal balls or are mind readers are exasperating! -- >-----Original Message----- >What version of Windows and Publi...

I'm trying to display the next month in a text field
Hi there, I've gone through all the forms and can't seem to get the code straight for displaying the next month on a text field on my form. I just want the entire month name and nothing else and I have been struggling with: DateSerial(Year(Date()), Month(Date()) + 1, 1) but its showing the day and year too and thats not what I need. Thanks in advance! GM gmazza wrote: >Hi there, >I've gone through all the forms and can't seem to get the code straight for >displaying the next month on a text field on my form. >I just want the entire month name and nothing else...

check boxes
I downloaded and worked on a template on someone elses computer using check boxes. I sent that template to my laptop to complete working on the template and the check boxes now show up like this: {form check box} How do I get this to go back to a check box? Hi JOLOJO58, Simple: Press Alt-F9 to toggle the field code view. -- Cheers macropod [Microsoft MVP - Word] "JOLOJO58" <JOLOJO58@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9C83A55C-B768-43BE-A171-762EEA78DEAC@microsoft.com... >I downloaded and worked on a template on someone elses computer...

how to change font on printed copy of outlook calendar week view
When I print out my calendar by the week the font is too small. I can't find how to increase the size of the font so it PRINTS larger. I could change it on the view of the calendar but it doesn't change on the print preview. Randi Steiger;110316 Wrote: > When I print out my calendar by the week the font is too small. I can't > find > how to increase the size of the font so it PRINTS larger. I could > change it > on the view of the calendar but it doesn't change on the print preview. Which version of Outlook? Did you check the page setup options w...

Times New Roman font problem
OS: Vista Home Premium 64-bit with Office 2003 When a client asked me to do a document using Times New Roman 12, I discovered that Vista did not have that font (it didn't appear in my font list nor was it available in Word), so I downloaded and installed it from a file called Times32.exe. I had to manually extract the TTF files from the archive because running the exe didn't install the font, even though the installer said it had. When I used Vista's Add New Font and specified the actual TTF files, Vista said they were already installed, and THEN Times New Roman appeared ...

CSV, Milliseconds default formatting of mm:ss.0
When I generate some CSV files I need to include milliseconds. When anyone opens the file in Excel (in my case part of Office 2003, SP2) the datetimes appear with a default formatting of mm:ss.0. This is frustrating and appears unprofessional on my part when clients open the file. They assume I have made some sort of mistake. I have already thought of generating using =DATE(blah)+TIME(blah)+millis/(24*60*60*1000) but I don't like the idea. How can I change the default format so that it would be something more sensible and my clients and I could avoid the drudgery of clicking on the...