Dbl sided printing problem

I am making a "Program" for a Barbershop Chorus concert
using MS Publisher in the "Catalog" mode (which prints
both sides of course.)  I cannot seem to find out what
kind of paper I can get (short of photo imaging paper)
that is opaque enuff to prevent the backside of a page
from showing through the "white areas" of the front
side.  It's not a bleed-through, it's just that the paper
is to darn translucent.  I am using 24 lb inkjet paper
with an inkjet printer.  I am sure this is anything but a
new problem, but I have not found anything in the Google
archives that discusses it either. TIA....Ed in Nebr.

0
youracman (2)

I'd suggest talking to a reputable printer in your area.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Ed" <youracman@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I am making a "Program" for a Barbershop Chorus concert
> using MS Publisher in the "Catalog" mode (which prints
> both sides of course.)  I cannot seem to find out what
> kind of paper I can get (short of photo imaging paper)
> that is opaque enuff to prevent the backside of a page
> from showing through the "white areas" of the front
> side.  It's not a bleed-through, it's just that the paper
> is to darn translucent.  I am using 24 lb inkjet paper
> with an inkjet printer.  I am sure this is anything but a
> new problem, but I have not found anything in the Google
> archives that discusses it either. TIA....Ed in Nebr.

0
jl_amerson (3088)
5/14/2004 8:34:01 PM
http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=273963&pfp=BROWSE
http://www.atlex.com/Epson/more/double_sided_matte.htm
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0000Z4WXG/104-1323813-2571118?v=glance
--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Ed" <youracman@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I am making a "Program" for a Barbershop Chorus concert
> using MS Publisher in the "Catalog" mode (which prints
> both sides of course.)  I cannot seem to find out what
> kind of paper I can get (short of photo imaging paper)
> that is opaque enuff to prevent the backside of a page
> from showing through the "white areas" of the front
> side.  It's not a bleed-through, it's just that the paper
> is to darn translucent.  I am using 24 lb inkjet paper
> with an inkjet printer.  I am sure this is anything but a
> new problem, but I have not found anything in the Google
> archives that discusses it either. TIA....Ed in Nebr.

0
laserdog (1122)
5/14/2004 9:20:23 PM
JL Paules wrote:
> I'd suggest talking to a reputable printer in your area.

Jo - help me out here. We do metric this side of the pond. Is 24lb
equivalent to 80g/m�?

0
cerridwen (233)
5/14/2004 10:06:20 PM
No clue - I don't do metric paper. Let me see if I can find out.

I have some 60lb paper that says 89gsm and some 20 lb paper that says 75gsm,
so it could be.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Cerridwen" <cerridwen@celticnet.com> wrote in message
> JL Paules wrote:
> > I'd suggest talking to a reputable printer in your area.
>
> Jo - help me out here. We do metric this side of the pond. Is 24lb
> equivalent to 80g/m�?

0
jl_amerson (3088)
5/14/2004 11:07:38 PM
Ed,

I use Exact� Opaque White #55581 rated at 70 lb - (Text - 105 g/m�) paper
aprox $6.50 per 500 sheets for our newsletter.
I tri-fold, glue and stamp.

It works very well for our needs.

Another thing you can try is adjust the amount of ink flow.

Properties, Advanced Tab, Ink Volume.  Mine is set on the lowest volume.

--
Don
--------

"Ed" <youracman@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I am making a "Program" for a Barbershop Chorus concert
> using MS Publisher in the "Catalog" mode (which prints
> both sides of course.)  I cannot seem to find out what
> kind of paper I can get (short of photo imaging paper)
> that is opaque enuff to prevent the backside of a page
> from showing through the "white areas" of the front
> side.  It's not a bleed-through, it's just that the paper
> is to darn translucent.  I am using 24 lb inkjet paper
> with an inkjet printer.  I am sure this is anything but a
> new problem, but I have not found anything in the Google
> archives that discusses it either. TIA....Ed in Nebr.

0
Engineer1 (288)
5/15/2004 2:54:46 AM
Thanks to all.....looks like I need to round up some much
heavier-wt paper and then adjust my ink flow downward
(maybe that should be "gold" flow downward.  Didn't know
I could do that.....sounds like a $ saver for routine
jobs that don't need to be dripping wet :)  Regards, Ed

0
youracman (2)

CSV File Problem

Problems with creating a newsletter

Month problem

Customize Current View: Filter Problem

printing 2 charts on single page

Access 2007 and Vista code problem

Rounding Problem

Offline folder problems #2

OLK 2k7

outlook 2k2 problem

wanted to design a 4 sided A5 leaflet.
Are there any templates available to download? There are pre-designed leaflets within Publisher. You might think about 4-sided... Do you mean a booklet fold? There are templates here http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/default.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Mystic" <Mystic@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:14C3F9CB-5AA9-4B17-9E8E-1E5DD93227CD@microsoft.com... > Are there any templates available to download? ...

Mother of a sumproduct (ish) problem!

printing multiple copies of Sigel GmbH

Hyperlink problem #3

printing imported gif files in Excel

Spam is a big big problem
Spam is a big big problem ...

CRM 3.0 Login Problems

Problem with Database Wizard

Strange problem
We have been rolling out new Windows 7 workstations (all new computers) at work over the last few months and a strange problem has developed. Prior to Windows 7 we were using Windows XP with Office 2007. The problem is, we have a workbook which uses a UserForm for filling in all required information. Prior to rolling out the new Windows 7 workstations, the workbook and UserForm were working flawlessly (for over a year) and they still work flawlessly on the first 3 Windows 7 workstations but on the last 2 workstations we rolled out if you open the UserForm and leave it open for ...