Data merge from Excel 2007

I am creating a series of open house flyers in Publisher 2007 which
will pull their data from an Excel 2007 data source. I am using the
Catalog Merge function.

I want to be able to determine the numeric format in the merged
document, but so far I am not able to do that.

I have made a table in the Excel source file and saved it. The table
is in a named range. I have gone into My Data Sources and created a
new ODBC connection to the named range. This opens a new Excel
workbook.

In Publisher, I start the Catalog Merge wizard, then connect to the
data source. I drag the desired fields into the appropriate spots in
Merge area.

All that works fine, so far. My problem is that I can't find a way to
set the numeric format in those merge fields (e.g. $300,000, not
300000). I'm not seeing any menu item in Publisher where I can do
that.

What am I missing?

Thanks,
Joe Parsons
0
jmparsons3 (19)

Have you thought about formatting the money field as text in the Excel workbook?
Manually typing $300,000?

Mary
"Joe Parsons"  wrote in message

[...]

Auto-format in Microsoft Excel.