Custom Border Art

When I try to use a 19KB .GIF image as  custom border art, I get an error message, "The image is too complex to be made into a border" message.

The image has 4 colors and would appear to my eye to be less complex than some of those images already in the clipart file.

Suggestions? How can I "simplify" the image. I use Photoshop.  Thanks
0
anonymous (74722)

After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message
from Peter <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>...
> When I try to use a 19KB .GIF image as  custom border art, I get an
> error message, "The image is too complex to be made into a border"
> message.

This is not due to the complexity of the image, but the format of the image.
A .gif image is a raster or bit-mapped image.  This means that it is stored
as a set of pixels, with some sort of compression applied to save space.
These are traditionally made with paint programs.
BorderArt requires a vector image, which consists of lines, curves and
fills.  These are made with draw programs such as CorelDraw.
You need to find a draw program, recreate your image there, and save it as a
vector file (such as WMF)

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/

0
the_nerd (6342)

------=_NextPart_000_0088_01C3AADE.D75920B0

You can get a great freeware draw program here called DrawPlus.
That will allow you to make a VECTORISED picture file format, export it =
as *.WMF and use that for your BorderArt.

--=20
The US should free all those
illegally held prisoners they are
torturing, abusing and denying
human rights being held at
Guantanamo Bay.
------=_NextPart_000_0088_01C3AADE.D75920B0

<HTML><HEAD>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV>You can get a great freeware draw program here called <A=20
href=3D"http://www.freeserifsoftware.com/serif/dp/dp4/index.asp">DrawPlus=
</A>.</DIV>
<DIV>That will allow you to make a VECTORISED picture file format, =
export it as=20
*.WMF and use that for your BorderArt.</DIV>
<DIV><BR>-- <BR>The US should free all those<BR>illegally held prisoners =
they=20
are<BR>torturing, abusing and denying<BR>human rights being held=20
at<BR>Guantanamo Bay.</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0088_01C3AADE.D75920B0--

0
donotknock (1941)
11/14/2003 7:40:56 AM
Thanks Ed however I get the same message with both .WMF
and .EMF file types (created by Flash).  /Peter

0
anonymous (74722)
11/14/2003 3:29:50 PM
After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message
from Peter <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>...
> Thanks Ed however I get the same message with both .WMF
> and .EMF file types (created by Flash).  /Peter

How many objects/paths are in the saved file?
Or did you just put the GIF file in Flash and save it as a WMF?

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/
http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm

0
the_nerd (6342)
11/14/2003 4:56:16 PM
Hi Peter (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com),
in the Microsoft� newsgroups
you posted:

|| Thanks Ed however I get the same message with both .WMF
|| and .EMF file types (created by Flash).  /Peter

Can you post the gif here please?

--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Office Publisher MVP

confers no rights.

0
publisher (1244)
11/14/2003 5:33:25 PM
On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 18:40:56 +1100, "���MS�Publisher���"
<donotknock@nobodyhome.com> wrote:

>You can get a great freeware draw program here called DrawPlus.
>That will allow you to make a VECTORISED picture file format, export it as *.WMF and use that for your BorderArt.

It's always nice to find ANOTHER Serif fan...

0
grizzlyNOT (10)

------=_NextPart_000_0073_01C3AC28.921FE920

Jim there are a fair number of Serif fans here.  I think all the =
regulars own Serif PagePlus and many have DrawPlus and PhotoPlus.

With the PDF built in as standard in PagePlus and the great direction it =
is taking, and the advancement like the Catalogue Merge Feature in =
Publisher 2003 and few other significant enhancements, users can now =
afford to have at least equivalent and in some areas more features than =
PageMaker, InDesign or Quark Express.

Serif PagePlus is now well leading the field for long documents, books, =
flyers and posters, and Publisher 2003 is heading more down the line for =
small business with the range of business templates and the Catalogue =
Merge.  This is a positive step for users, as it gives them a great =
range of features in two low cost great programs.

--=20
The US should free all those
illegally held prisoners they are
torturing, abusing and denying
human rights being held at
Guantanamo Bay.
------=_NextPart_000_0073_01C3AC28.921FE920

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV>Jim there are a fair number of Serif fans here.&nbsp; I think all =
the=20
regulars own <A =
href=3D"http://www.serif.com/pageplus/pageplus9/index.asp">Serif=20
PagePlus</A> and many have DrawPlus and PhotoPlus.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>With the PDF built in as standard in PagePlus and the great =
direction it is=20
taking, and the advancement like the Catalogue Merge Feature in =
Publisher 2003=20
and few other significant enhancements, users can now afford to have at =
least=20
equivalent and in some areas more features than PageMaker, InDesign or =
Quark=20
Express.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Serif PagePlus is now well leading the field for long documents, =
books,=20
flyers and posters, and Publisher 2003 is heading more down the line for =
small=20
business with the range of business templates and the Catalogue =
Merge.&nbsp;=20
This is a positive step for users, as it gives them a great range of =
features in=20
two low cost great&nbsp;programs.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><BR>-- <BR>The US should free all those<BR>illegally held prisoners =
they=20
are<BR>torturing, abusing and denying<BR>human rights being held=20
at<BR>Guantanamo Bay.</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0073_01C3AC28.921FE920--

0
donotknock (1941)

publishing customizations using deployment manager
When I publich customizations, it comes back saying publish completed with errors, servername: failed. I notice that when I publish the customizations, my web site stops. I have to manually start it and then I can go into CRM and my changes are there. This is what I get in app log: ProcessImportWorkItem Error : The root element is missing. , StackTrace : at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read() at System.Xml.XmlValidatingReader.ReadWithCollectTextToken() at System.Xml.XmlValidatingReader.Read() at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserve...

Bottom border line won't print in Word 2004 for Mac
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel On the screen I can place a page border in Word 2004 for Mac document, but in Print Preview the bottom line of the border disappears. And, of course, when I print, the bottom line won't appear. It doesn't appear that any footer (which I don't want) is in the way of the margin that I have set. Any solution to this? See: http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting/BottomsDontPrint.htm Also confirm that you have the latest printer driver from the mfr's web site as well as all current updates for Offi...

how do i create a custom calendar in excel?
I wish to create a customised calendar in excel showing only school working days to assist in timelining activities on various checklists that have to be done in term time only. Any help? ...

Potential customer field in Quote
Hi, Is there a way to make the Potential customer field in Quote entity as NOT required? Thank you in advance for any suggestions, crsb The entire sales process from opportunity up to the invoice requires a customer. If you don't need the field, create a dummy account and set the customer id to this dummy account in OnLoad. -- Michael H�hne, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP CRM Blog on http://www.stunnware.com ---------------------------------------------------------- "crsb" <srinivasa.bharadwaj@gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:76d7f1b1-c86f-470b-bbec-0329d9d29f...

Customize link not working in Reports
Money 2002: Version 10.0 When I open a report (any report) and then choose the Customize... link on the left side, I do not get the Customize Dialog box that I used to see. Money is basically unusable until I hit the ESC (Escape) key. Any ideas? If you are using Money 2005, go into Tools/Reports and see whether you are using Essential or Advanced Reports. My guess is that you need to switch from Essential to Advanced. This is new in Money 2005. "LongTime User" wrote: > Money 2002: Version 10.0 > > When I open a report (any report) and then choose the Customize....

Create border and merge cell in Excel file
Dear all, I want to create border and merge cell in Excel file, how to write the code in Access ? Please complete my below code. Thanks. Dim objXL As Object Dim objActiveWkb As Object Set objXL = GetObject(, "Excel.Application") Set objActiveWkb = objXL.Application.activeworkbook With objActiveWkb .Worksheets(1).cells(1, 1) = "Hello World" 'want to make border in cell (1,1) 'want to merge cell from A1:F1 End With Set objActiveWkb = Nothing: Set objXL = Nothing Chlaris wrote: > Dear all, > > I want to...

Customize Task Details Form
Not sure if this is possible. Can I customize the Task Details Form? I'd like to add some more input fields to it. My company has 23 (way too many) columns they'd like to have all schedules populate. I've added the necessary columns to the Gantt view but I dislike tabbing across and not being able to see all the data at once. I figured out how to create a customized entry form but I'd like to display it in the bottom pane of a split view and I can't figure that out. It would be even better if I could start with the default task entry form and modify it...

Address relationship with custom entity
Hi We have created a custom entity and we would like to create a similar relationship that accounts have with addresses. We would basically want to enter multiple addresses for the custom entity. I have noticed that this not possible simply by creating a new relationship. You actually cannot create a new relationship with the address entity. I was wondering if anyone has attempted this before. I guess we could create a new address entity which would enable us to enter multiple address for the custom entity. I would prefer not to do this though. Any suggestions? Thanks alot Mark ...

How to activate Notes & Activities on a Custom Entity...
Anyone know how to activate the Notes & Activities (associated entities) for a custom entity AFTER they've been created? After you create and save they can't be altered from the front-end so any advice on how to do this from the backend would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! ...

Simple Format for Customer Statement
Hello All Is there available another format for printing customer statements? I'm mostly interested in a format that shows charges and payments without all the details and allocation to invoices. In other words I need a statement is the old fashion simple (Debit, Credit, Balance) format. Thank you Thanks Morris, I'll try it out. "Morris Paint" wrote: > This is our current statement. We are having another one written that shows > current period transactions in one area and all open invoices in another. > > "Mario" <Mario@discussions.microsoft...

AxtiveX ctrl subclassing custom control
Hi! There are plenty of examples where ActiveX ctrls are subclassed from Windows controls such as BUTTON, EDIT, etc. I've got custom control based on CRichEditCtrl, and I'd like to build ActiveX ctrl subclassed from it. I'm not quite sure how this should be done. In all examples I found the approach is like this - BOOL CActiveXWrapperCtrl::PreCreateWindow(CREATESTRUCT& cs) { cs.lpszClass = _T("EDIT"); return COleControl::PreCreateWindow(cs); } well, my custom control does not have registered name, so what should i do? many thanks kdv09 ...

truncation of customer fields
I am moving data from a legasy system that allowed 60 to 100 characters for customer name and address fields. GP only allows 60 to 30 respectively. Is there a workaround for this? For example if I used integration manager could I some how put 30 char in address then the remaining in a user field? Would that work or is there a more elegant solution? Thank You for any info. Certianly using the scripting language in IM to split the fields and use one of the address fields is one solution. You could also use extender fields but it is difficult with IM. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Co...

Custom auto-sorting...possible?
Is there a way to have excel auto-sort (cutom) by criteria in 3 columns? I think it might be easier to explain by viewing the workbook http://poolgod.zftp.com/predictions.xls. The picture shows how I need it to sort. I found some information on auto-sort in help and also on the net, but I don't know how to incorporate the multiple criteria or if it's even possible. Any ideas? Thanks, Steve -- Pools ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Pools's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=35961 View this thread: ht...

Newbie Help for Custom Number Formats
Hey All, I am working on a spreadsheet that I would like to have it append the inch symbol as part of the number format ("). I figured out that I can add custom suffixes with the use of the quotation marks, but I can't place a quotation mark inside of quotes and get what I need. Is there any way to have Excel do this for me? I know it seems like a small thing to do, but having Excel add this for me would save me a lot of time with formulas and all. Example: 24" Thanks in advance. JB -- joshb416 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ j...

Custom MS Excel Charts
What technologies do I need to be able to develop custom charts for MS Excel, are there any nice friendly APIs/libraries. Thanks Umair ...

Create Customer using web services
I would like to cal the GPWebservices using a formatted XML file. I was able to create a basic XML file to create a customer in GP. However I’m having trouble specifying the customer organization. The WSDL specifies the following format <ns1:Context> <!--Optional:--> <ns1:WorkOnBehalfOf>?</ns1:WorkOnBehalfOf> <!--Optional:--> <ns1:OrganizationKey/> <!--Optional:--> <ns1:CultureName>?</ns1:CultureName> <ns1:CurrencyType>?</ns1:CurrencyType...

customizing pivot tables
I am trying to create a pivot table based off of data in Sheet2. I need to look to be different than any of the autoformats. is there a way that i can create my own autoformat, maybe in VBA, that i can use for other tables as well? Maybe you could record a macro when you format it the way you like. Then you could run that macro to get that look when you want. tkaplan wrote: > > I am trying to create a pivot table based off of data in Sheet2. I need to > look to be different than any of the autoformats. is there a way that i can > create my own autoformat, maybe in VBA, that ...

Custom print comments in Excel 2007
Hi there There are two ways to print comments in Excel, either the WYSIWYG way (little stacked boxes over the actual worksheet) or as separate pages. Problem with the separate pages way: the comments get printed as Cell: B9 Comment: User name: Comment... Now, the cell number is not necessarly the easiest way to locate a specific cell. My question: would it be possible to replace the cell number with, for example, the content of the cell or the content of the neighboring cell? I'm not an expert in VBA programming, but if someone could point out where I should start to customiz...

Customization guide #2
Anyone out there want to give up a copy of the developers guide? My store is on a very tight budget, and has a hard time calling support everytime we want to see what can be done with RMS. If you want to email it anonymously, I won't say anything..... Thanks! Is there a developer's guide? Every time I called MS about development information all I get is routed to a salesperson or told we can put you in touch with "a partner" I even went thru the route of trying to become a partner in order to have more dev materials... No luck so far. "New RMS User" <N...

Report Customizing ... Missed the CHAT
I missed the chat on Report Customizing that was held the other day ... anyone know where I can read a transcript of the session? ...

Customize a gloal address list
I am running Exchange 2003 on a 2003 server. I would like to create an additional global address list and I was wondering if there is a way to customize the list. I was interested in adding icons or maybe different fonts for the different departments in the company so users at a glance could tell what department the reciepient was from. Is there anyway to do this, or are there other suggestions on how to visually separate members of the same global ...

Exporting Customization Forms and Reports
When we exporrting the customized forms and reports, we wish if can exporting them by Module/Related Name for e.g. we can export the customized HR forms and screen to one package but when its come to POP, SOP, Payroll for example they categorized under Great Plains so its diffecult to saperate them. We need that becouse when we do importing any customization to our customer we need to import only related to module that regitser for the customer not every thing ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vo...

AC2007 Custom Pane
I'm trying to open my form(s) using the Custom Pane but all my forms have a prefix: frmContacts. I rename the link to Contacts. The problem is I need to reference the form name in the Function Argument and Access tells me the object isn't open. Any way around this?? Thanks, James ...

Unable to associate custom attributes with email templates
Hi I am Unable to associate custom attributes with email templates. Whenever i go to an email template & select a custom field. When i insert that template in an email it doesnot show up the data related to that field. I will be glad if any one can help me in this thanks ...

Custom Entity Relationships
I would like to create a custom entity that relates to an opporutnity in the same way that the competitors entity relates to an opportunity. When I use many to one as the relationship between my custom entity and the opportunity entity there does not seem to be a way to choose an existing instance of the custom entity only create new ones. With competitors you are able to select from an existing set. Does anyone have any guidance on how to accompish this? Thanks, RNR You actually need to create 2 entities. One for the base object and another to hold the "association" betwe...