Curve the Text Box in a Newsletter?

Is there a way to curve the text box justification?  There are severa
templates within Publisher that have curved color "blocks" that ru
along the left or right border of the newsletter.  I am able t
insert a text box, but am unable to justify it along the curve of th
color block

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

Thanks.  Lewiedude

This is a wrap issue, bring the "color blocks" to the front.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"lewiedude" <mlewensohn@comcast-dot-net.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message
> Is there a way to curve the text box justification?  There are several
> templates within Publisher that have curved color "blocks" that run
> along the left or right border of the newsletter.  I am able to
> insert a text box, but am unable to justify it along the curve of the
> color block.
>
> Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks.  Lewiedude.

0
gsauer (5093)

Publisher
I have prepare a publisher flyer which I will be sending out in a group e-mail. The view of the flyer shows the text boxes as well as the text. How can I delete the text boxes only and not the text. This is the first time I am using publisher. The text box boundary will not print unless you have put a border around it. Have you looked at print preview? Go to view, clear boundaries and guides, you will see how the flyer will look when printed. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Ladybug" <Ladybug@disc...

return value based on combo box selection
I have a combo box (cmbShipDate) in a form that is based on a table with drop down values of ShipDate1, ShipDate2, ShipDate3, etc. I have created a text box and I want the correct ship date to be displayed based on the combo box selection. These ship dates are all stored in a table called tblOrder. I thought I could use the DLookUp fuction, but I'm not doing something correctly. Thanks I don't understand what you mean by "based on a table with drop down values". And when you say the "ship dates are all stored in ... tblOrder", do you mean tha...

Text to speech particular cell
hi ive been trying for a while now to get the text to speech function to work for a particular cell. For example, i have a set of numbers and a total in D15, what i would like is that if i change the numbers that contribute to that total, and the total in D15 changes then excel will alert me saying "Change in Total". ive tried and failed to get it notice the changed total and would really appreciate some help Thank You for any contributions Let's put the message in a cell, say D16. In a standard module insert the follow line: Public OldVar As Variant Insert the following...

Numbers V Text
I want to print out a document but I don't want it all printed out in numbers I want the text printed out. Here is what I don't want it say 223, I want to say =SUM(C7:C11)/15 I am sure it can be done via "Options" but I can't work out how. Jim Ducat Toggle the view to Formula View - Ctrl + ` (that's the same key as the tilde ~) MRO "James Ducat" <jd007f1618@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message news:x627b.16604$qK6.394@news-binary.blueyonder.co.uk... > I want to print out a document but I don't want it all printed out in > numbers I wan...

Issue printing newsletter that was emailed
I just completed a newsletter targeted at executives within our company. When the document is loaded and I open the Page Setup dialog box, the Layout options are: Publication type: Custom Page Size : Width: 9.5" Height: 44" Orientation: Landscape When I send the newsletter as an email, only the first page will print. Any suggestions how I might correct this problem before sending it out to our executives who will undoubtedly want to print the message. Thank you John Hart That's a really strange size for a newsletter. What size paper are you using to print it on? (I ...

Selecting text for Emailing
Hello, I have question that maybe someone could help me with. I have a database where on the form I placed a command button to send emails. Works great and in fact, I even got it to pull the information from selceted fields on the current record. What I would like to know is: Is there a way to pick up the name of the field and have the information that was inputted in that field appear next to the name in the email? For Example: Currently my email body picks up only the information so the loan number field only shows the loan number and the Date In field only show a date. 123456789 1...

Outlook Message Inline Text
I have Outlook 2002 and need to know if I can change my received message format to inline text. Right now I have e-mails that have been forwarded multiple times as attachments instead of inline text but I can't synchronize it with my Pocket PC because of this. Any Suggestions? Thanks, Benny ...

Outlook Plain Text Setting
I am starting to move my users over to Outlook and Exchange 2003. I noticed that by default Outlook is setting the users up as HTML e-mail. Is there a way that I can set all of my users up with Plain Text for e-mail? Thanks, Jeff That is a user setting, of course, under Tools-->Options-->Mail Format You can use the following to ensure inbound email is read as plain text, and therefor replies will be plain text: http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/plain_text.htm "Jeff Grossman" <jeff.nospam@stikman.com> wrote in message news:lcr542hthnrf6qfqikqrm4cdebs11ikuaa@4ax.co...

Separate data string into numeric and text
Hi Can anyone help me with a script, to read in a string of mixed numerical and text data, and separate them to a specific format of spacing. This is the raw data: 11-11-11,44444444,JOE R BLOGGS,2757.42, I need to convert the data into 11111144444444JOE R BLOGGS 2757.42 Firstly i need to remove the "-" and ",", so that it all joins up. There needs to be 6 chars at the start for 111111. At the 7th char i need to leave space for 8 digits (44444444 - although sometimes the no. being read in will be less than this). Then 15 chars must be left for name, and the amount will...

CSV formatted text file to Excel
Hi all, I am writing a small VC++ application of how to import the CSV formatted ..txt file to excel. I am facing problem while parsing the text file. "TicketNo","CarNo","PersonAge" 12534 , 763534 , 23 12345 , 624333, 24 The problem is in MFC there is a SetValue2(CoeVariant:column data) method in which if i will pass an array(12534) then it will be imported to excel.For example IfI will search for the "employee number" field in text file then the values passed to SetValue2()should be 12543 and 12345.But Using C++ I cannot do so as I...

copies of email to sent box?
Last weeek we experienced a power outage and had to replace power supply. Since then ,when I send email ,copies will not send to sent box. I have checked OPTIONS and have " send copy to sent box",but it is still not doing it. Any suggestions? Thanks ...

Filter Datasheet based on Combo Box selection
I have a SubForm that displays in Datasheet view. I want to add a Combo Box just above the SubForm that the user can select the Pay_Period_Ending_Date, and once selected I would like the Datasheet to filter based on this date. Can someone please direct me as to how I can do this? -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Pasadena-D - You can put your combobox in the header section of the subform. Then based on the selection in the combobox, you can apply your filter like this (using your fieldnames and combobox name). If the user will click on an item, you can ...

Help Text for Radio Buttons
I am trying to create a survey form with multiple choice radio buttons. I want to add descriptive text that appears when you float your cursor over the button (like that for a toolbar icon). I've scoured Excel help and couldn't find anything. I don't have experience with macros or Visual Basic but am willing to try if someone can hold my hand through it. If the radio button is in a cell, add a comment to the cell. Then the instructions will appear when the mouse hovers over the cell. -- Damon Longworth Don't miss out on the 2005 Excel User Conference Sept 16th and 17th...

inserting texts in cell based on conditions
Hi, I would very much appreciate if someone could help me solving a problem, illustrated by the following example: Column A B C 1 1 "LB" 2 1 "DK" 3 4 1 1 "LB/DK" If there's a 1 in column A, the corresponding cell in column C should get the text "LB" inserted into it. If there's a 1 in column C, the corresponding cell in column C should get the text "DK" inserted into it. If both column A and B have ones in them, the corresponding cell should get the...

Highlighted text
I have 2 end-users using Word as their email editor, and html as the format. When one highlights text in an email and sends it to the other, the recipient is unable to see the highlights. Any ideas on resolving this? Thank you. Kathy ...

Parse multiple text lines into 1 line in excel
help. I am an excel beginner and can't find out how to turn multipl lines of text into 1 row in excel. It's probably really easy but m manual is USELESS. Can anyone help ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com debbie You're a little short on details. If nothing below fits the bill post back. "Multiple lines" is how many and is each line in a separate cell down one column? Do you want all lines to go into one cell? You can use this form...

allowing a text box to grow
Is it difficult to have a CEdit control and its dialog grow according to the length of the string in the control? I'm interested in using such an arrangement for my error messages and would like it to fit my messages. Use DrawText to compute the rectangle required and resize your control to accomodate it. joe On Tue, 27 Mar 2007 18:31:07 -0400, "SteveR" <srussell@removethisinnernet.net> wrote: >Is it difficult to have a CEdit control and its dialog grow according to the >length of the string in the control? I'm interested in using such an >arra...

Like criteria on a combo box ot working the way I want... Please help!
All, Below is a the standard code I use in a combo box. Dim rs As Object Set rs = Me.Recordset.Clone rs.FindFirst "[llListingID] = " & str(Nz(Me![cboTerritoryName], 0)) If Not rs.EOF Then Me.Bookmark = rs.Bookmark Me.Form.AllowAdditions = False The query used to find the data is... SELECT qryLister.llListingID, qryLister.llTerritoryName FROM qryLister WHERE (((qryLister.llTerritoryName) Like "*"+[Enter any part of Territory Name:]+"*")); All works fine for the first look-up. But in order to refresh the combo box so it allows one to &...

Copy and Paste text to Word
I have a large spreadsheet of data. There are no values or formulas. I need to cut and past this into word in a way that shows the paste only as text - normally it has an outline of the cells. Reason is that I need to save this as a .txt file for an upload to another system. Thanks in advance (again) > way that shows the paste only as text In Word, try: Edit > Paste special > Unformatted Text -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- Please respond, in newsgroup xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com ---- "AndrewS" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> >I have a large spr...

newbie question re: learning curve
I am a complete newbie to Publisher. I am slightly familiar with Corel Draw and InDesign, but my new job only offers Publisher as a software. I am a quick learner, but I'd like to know a couple things: Can I import InDesign files? How similar to the other Microsft products is the interface? Can I make complex designs with Publisher (most will be simple). Thank you. Libbi -- Triple Double ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Triple Double's Profile: http://nettechguide.com/forums/member.php?u=599 View this thread: http://nettechguide.com/fo...

save attachment dialog box
Does anyone know how to change the dialog box that opens up when you click on an attachment to open, instead of save? The boss thinks he wastes too much time changing the checkbox. My guess would be somewhere in the registry, but don't know where or how. What exactly do you mean? You mean the dialog that comes up and promps you to Save, Open or Cancel? The "Confirm Open after Download" can only be modified with local admnistrator permissions as it changes the registry of the local computer. Control Panel-> Folder Options-> tab File Types -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-O...

How to determine the area under a curve (integration) in Excel?
I would like to compare the areas under curves in a chart. How to determine the area under a curve (integration) in Excel? Hi, Have a look at Bernard Liengme's page. http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme/ExcelTips/AreaUnderCurve.htm Cheers Andy Hawkeye wrote: > I would like to compare the areas under curves in a chart. > > > > How to determine the area under a curve (integration) in Excel? ...

change cell values from an edit box
Is there any way to change a cell's value with an edit box? I've used drop down lists to change/update values, but I have no experience at all with edit boxes. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Mike ...

Blurry text in Bold
Bold characters in excel cells are blurred (reduced clarity) regular text appears fine. Please advise on remedy I understand that Word 2003 has similar issues on regular font. (deactivate ClearType was solution for word) I cannot find any info regarding Excel 2003 in knowledge base ...

Change legend text in Excel Chart
Dim appAs Excel.Application Dim chart As Excel.Chart Set app = CreateObject("Excel.Application") chart.HasLegend = true My problem is how do I change the label of the legend used in the excel.chart ? Can someone show me how to access it ? thanks. Quest You use the Name property of the SeriesCollection method like so This will set the name property of seriescollection 1 to the value test Chart.SeriesCollection(1).Name = "=""Test""" Not sure if Excel will like you using the variable Chart?? -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, En...