crop marks on a two sided print

I need to print on two sides (20 copies of an 8cm x 5cm business card on a 
sheet of A3).

I need the crop marks on the first side, but not on the other as they do not 
line up properly however, if I disable the crop marks publisher 'helpfully' 
closes up the gaps and increases the number of copies per sheet on this 
side.... Aaaaargh!

Any ideas on how to stop this OR how to print the crop marks 'invisibly' 
without printing to EPS and then editing the 'picture'?

Help, I am running out of time!
0
Cimbian (10)
5/3/2005 6:21:03 PM
publisher 21446 articles. 6 followers. Follow

16 Replies
605 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 48

Separate the publication into two publications. Manually create the second page, i.e. 
setup up the A3 page, use the arrange menu for your guidelines and margins. Copy the 
second page from the original document and paste into each cell you created.
-- 
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
http://msauer.mvps.org/
news://msnews.microsoft.com
"Cimbian" <Cimbian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:36F6185A-A41D-4ED5-91B6-BB1E8390BAE9@microsoft.com...
>I need to print on two sides (20 copies of an 8cm x 5cm business card on a
> sheet of A3).
>
> I need the crop marks on the first side, but not on the other as they do not
> line up properly however, if I disable the crop marks publisher 'helpfully'
> closes up the gaps and increases the number of copies per sheet on this
> side.... Aaaaargh!
>
> Any ideas on how to stop this OR how to print the crop marks 'invisibly'
> without printing to EPS and then editing the 'picture'?
>
> Help, I am running out of time! 


0
gsauer (5093)
5/3/2005 7:25:23 PM
Thanks for your help, I suppose this method was a little too obvious for me ;-)


"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Separate the publication into two publications. Manually create the second page, i.e. 
> setup up the A3 page, use the arrange menu for your guidelines and margins. Copy the 
> second page from the original document and paste into each cell you created.
> -- 
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> news://msnews.microsoft.com
> "Cimbian" <Cimbian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:36F6185A-A41D-4ED5-91B6-BB1E8390BAE9@microsoft.com...
> >I need to print on two sides (20 copies of an 8cm x 5cm business card on a
> > sheet of A3).
> >
> > I need the crop marks on the first side, but not on the other as they do not
> > line up properly however, if I disable the crop marks publisher 'helpfully'
> > closes up the gaps and increases the number of copies per sheet on this
> > side.... Aaaaargh!
> >
> > Any ideas on how to stop this OR how to print the crop marks 'invisibly'
> > without printing to EPS and then editing the 'picture'?
> >
> > Help, I am running out of time! 
> 
> 
> 
0
Cimbian (10)
5/3/2005 7:49:03 PM
variation;
Do a Save As on the entire pub file with a new name, delete page 1 in =
one and page 2 in the second...then adjust what you need to.


"Cimbian" <Cimbian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
news:542FF83F-8154-4B6E-9AD9-6BA08D140E5B@microsoft.com...
> Thanks for your help, I suppose this method was a little too obvious =
for me ;-)
>=20
>=20
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>=20
> > Separate the publication into two publications. Manually create the =
second page, i.e.=20
> > setup up the A3 page, use the arrange menu for your guidelines and =
margins. Copy the=20
> > second page from the original document and paste into each cell you =
created.
> > --=20
> > Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> > http://office.microsoft.com/
> > http://msauer.mvps.org/
> > news://msnews.microsoft.com
> > "Cimbian" <Cimbian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message=20
> > news:36F6185A-A41D-4ED5-91B6-BB1E8390BAE9@microsoft.com...
> > >I need to print on two sides (20 copies of an 8cm x 5cm business =
card on a
> > > sheet of A3).
> > >
> > > I need the crop marks on the first side, but not on the other as =
they do not
> > > line up properly however, if I disable the crop marks publisher =
'helpfully'
> > > closes up the gaps and increases the number of copies per sheet on =
this
> > > side.... Aaaaargh!
> > >
> > > Any ideas on how to stop this OR how to print the crop marks =
'invisibly'
> > > without printing to EPS and then editing the 'picture'?
> > >
> > > Help, I am running out of time!=20
> >=20
> >=20
> >
0
5/3/2005 9:12:22 PM
Hi Rob,

Forgive me but how does that solve the printing of the crop marks?

I will still get them on both sides or have all the work crunched together.

Publisher should have an option to use the crop mark spacing on page two but 
without printing them..... or have I missed something?



"Rob Giordano (Crash Gordon®)" wrote:

> variation;
> Do a Save As on the entire pub file with a new name, delete page 1 in one and page 2 in the second...then adjust what you need to.
> 
> 
> "Cimbian" <Cimbian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:542FF83F-8154-4B6E-9AD9-6BA08D140E5B@microsoft.com...
> > Thanks for your help, I suppose this method was a little too obvious for me ;-)
> > 
> > 
> > "Mary Sauer" wrote:
> > 
> > > Separate the publication into two publications. Manually create the second page, i.e. 
> > > setup up the A3 page, use the arrange menu for your guidelines and margins. Copy the 
> > > second page from the original document and paste into each cell you created.
> > > -- 
> > > Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> > > http://office.microsoft.com/
> > > http://msauer.mvps.org/
> > > news://msnews.microsoft.com
> > > "Cimbian" <Cimbian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> > > news:36F6185A-A41D-4ED5-91B6-BB1E8390BAE9@microsoft.com...
> > > >I need to print on two sides (20 copies of an 8cm x 5cm business card on a
> > > > sheet of A3).
> > > >
> > > > I need the crop marks on the first side, but not on the other as they do not
> > > > line up properly however, if I disable the crop marks publisher 'helpfully'
> > > > closes up the gaps and increases the number of copies per sheet on this
> > > > side.... Aaaaargh!
> > > >
> > > > Any ideas on how to stop this OR how to print the crop marks 'invisibly'
> > > > without printing to EPS and then editing the 'picture'?
> > > >
> > > > Help, I am running out of time! 
> > > 
> > > 
> > >
> 
0
Cimbian (10)
5/4/2005 8:21:05 AM
because on the file that *only* has page two you'd turn them off, on the =
file that has only page one you'd leave them on... maybe i =
misunderstood...sorry if I did.


"Cimbian" <Cimbian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
news:E0B09D03-A792-466A-88A7-7EC3720ED89A@microsoft.com...
> Hi Rob,
>=20
> Forgive me but how does that solve the printing of the crop marks?
>=20
> I will still get them on both sides or have all the work crunched =
together.
>=20
> Publisher should have an option to use the crop mark spacing on page =
two but=20
> without printing them..... or have I missed something?
>=20
>=20
>=20
> "Rob Giordano (Crash Gordon=C2=AE)" wrote:
>=20
> > variation;
> > Do a Save As on the entire pub file with a new name, delete page 1 =
in one and page 2 in the second...then adjust what you need to.
> >=20
> >=20
> > "Cimbian" <Cimbian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
news:542FF83F-8154-4B6E-9AD9-6BA08D140E5B@microsoft.com...
> > > Thanks for your help, I suppose this method was a little too =
obvious for me ;-)
> > >=20
> > >=20
> > > "Mary Sauer" wrote:
> > >=20
> > > > Separate the publication into two publications. Manually create =
the second page, i.e.=20
> > > > setup up the A3 page, use the arrange menu for your guidelines =
and margins. Copy the=20
> > > > second page from the original document and paste into each cell =
you created.
> > > > --=20
> > > > Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> > > > http://office.microsoft.com/
> > > > http://msauer.mvps.org/
> > > > news://msnews.microsoft.com
> > > > "Cimbian" <Cimbian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message=20
> > > > news:36F6185A-A41D-4ED5-91B6-BB1E8390BAE9@microsoft.com...
> > > > >I need to print on two sides (20 copies of an 8cm x 5cm =
business card on a
> > > > > sheet of A3).
> > > > >
> > > > > I need the crop marks on the first side, but not on the other =
as they do not
> > > > > line up properly however, if I disable the crop marks =
publisher 'helpfully'
> > > > > closes up the gaps and increases the number of copies per =
sheet on this
> > > > > side.... Aaaaargh!
> > > > >
> > > > > Any ideas on how to stop this OR how to print the crop marks =
'invisibly'
> > > > > without printing to EPS and then editing the 'picture'?
> > > > >
> > > > > Help, I am running out of time!=20
> > > >=20
> > > >=20
> > > >
> >
0
5/4/2005 1:17:52 PM
Hi Rob,

If I switch them off then Publisher decides to 'help' me and reformats the 
printout  to be 5 x 5 pages per sheet, rather then the 4 x 4 that I will have 
on page 1.... therefore, back and front will not line-up.

Regards,

Cimbian

"Rob Giordano (Crash Gordon®)" wrote:

> because on the file that *only* has page two you'd turn them off, on the file that has only page one you'd leave them on... maybe i misunderstood...sorry if I did.
> 
> 
> "Cimbian" <Cimbian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E0B09D03-A792-466A-88A7-7EC3720ED89A@microsoft.com...
> > Hi Rob,
> > 
> > Forgive me but how does that solve the printing of the crop marks?
> > 
> > I will still get them on both sides or have all the work crunched together.
> > 
> > Publisher should have an option to use the crop mark spacing on page two but 
> > without printing them..... or have I missed something?
> > 
> > 
> > 
> > "Rob Giordano (Crash Gordon®)" wrote:
> > 
> > > variation;
> > > Do a Save As on the entire pub file with a new name, delete page 1 in one and page 2 in the second...then adjust what you need to.
> > > 
> > > 
> > > "Cimbian" <Cimbian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:542FF83F-8154-4B6E-9AD9-6BA08D140E5B@microsoft.com...
> > > > Thanks for your help, I suppose this method was a little too obvious for me ;-)
> > > > 
> > > > 
> > > > "Mary Sauer" wrote:
> > > > 
> > > > > Separate the publication into two publications. Manually create the second page, i.e. 
> > > > > setup up the A3 page, use the arrange menu for your guidelines and margins. Copy the 
> > > > > second page from the original document and paste into each cell you created.
> > > > > -- 
> > > > > Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> > > > > http://office.microsoft.com/
> > > > > http://msauer.mvps.org/
> > > > > news://msnews.microsoft.com
> > > > > "Cimbian" <Cimbian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> > > > > news:36F6185A-A41D-4ED5-91B6-BB1E8390BAE9@microsoft.com...
> > > > > >I need to print on two sides (20 copies of an 8cm x 5cm business card on a
> > > > > > sheet of A3).
> > > > > >
> > > > > > I need the crop marks on the first side, but not on the other as they do not
> > > > > > line up properly however, if I disable the crop marks publisher 'helpfully'
> > > > > > closes up the gaps and increases the number of copies per sheet on this
> > > > > > side.... Aaaaargh!
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Any ideas on how to stop this OR how to print the crop marks 'invisibly'
> > > > > > without printing to EPS and then editing the 'picture'?
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Help, I am running out of time! 
> > > > > 
> > > > > 
> > > > >
> > >
> 
0
Cimbian (10)
5/4/2005 1:31:19 PM
even if you're dealing with two separate pub files?


"Cimbian" <Cimbian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
news:8D453B6B-3F0B-482E-807C-FB2870EC4BE1@microsoft.com...
> Hi Rob,
>=20
> If I switch them off then Publisher decides to 'help' me and reformats =
the=20
> printout  to be 5 x 5 pages per sheet, rather then the 4 x 4 that I =
will have=20
> on page 1.... therefore, back and front will not line-up.
>=20
> Regards,
>=20
> Cimbian
>=20
> "Rob Giordano (Crash Gordon=C2=AE)" wrote:
>=20
> > because on the file that *only* has page two you'd turn them off, on =
the file that has only page one you'd leave them on... maybe i =
misunderstood...sorry if I did.
> >=20
> >=20
> > "Cimbian" <Cimbian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
news:E0B09D03-A792-466A-88A7-7EC3720ED89A@microsoft.com...
> > > Hi Rob,
> > >=20
> > > Forgive me but how does that solve the printing of the crop marks?
> > >=20
> > > I will still get them on both sides or have all the work crunched =
together.
> > >=20
> > > Publisher should have an option to use the crop mark spacing on =
page two but=20
> > > without printing them..... or have I missed something?
> > >=20
> > >=20
> > >=20
> > > "Rob Giordano (Crash Gordon=C3=82=C2=AE)" wrote:
> > >=20
> > > > variation;
> > > > Do a Save As on the entire pub file with a new name, delete page =
1 in one and page 2 in the second...then adjust what you need to.
> > > >=20
> > > >=20
> > > > "Cimbian" <Cimbian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
news:542FF83F-8154-4B6E-9AD9-6BA08D140E5B@microsoft.com...
> > > > > Thanks for your help, I suppose this method was a little too =
obvious for me ;-)
> > > > >=20
> > > > >=20
> > > > > "Mary Sauer" wrote:
> > > > >=20
> > > > > > Separate the publication into two publications. Manually =
create the second page, i.e.=20
> > > > > > setup up the A3 page, use the arrange menu for your =
guidelines and margins. Copy the=20
> > > > > > second page from the original document and paste into each =
cell you created.
> > > > > > --=20
> > > > > > Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> > > > > > http://office.microsoft.com/
> > > > > > http://msauer.mvps.org/
> > > > > > news://msnews.microsoft.com
> > > > > > "Cimbian" <Cimbian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in =
message=20
> > > > > > news:36F6185A-A41D-4ED5-91B6-BB1E8390BAE9@microsoft.com...
> > > > > > >I need to print on two sides (20 copies of an 8cm x 5cm =
business card on a
> > > > > > > sheet of A3).
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > I need the crop marks on the first side, but not on the =
other as they do not
> > > > > > > line up properly however, if I disable the crop marks =
publisher 'helpfully'
> > > > > > > closes up the gaps and increases the number of copies per =
sheet on this
> > > > > > > side.... Aaaaargh!
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > Any ideas on how to stop this OR how to print the crop =
marks 'invisibly'
> > > > > > > without printing to EPS and then editing the 'picture'?
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > Help, I am running out of time!=20
> > > > > >=20
> > > > > >=20
> > > > > >
> > > >
> >
0
5/4/2005 1:37:54 PM
Yes, if using crop marks.

Mary's suggestion using guidlines would work but this really doesn't sound 
like the right solution as Publisher should be aware of the problem and 
handle it... IMHO

Cimbian

"Rob Giordano (Crash Gordon®)" wrote:

> even if you're dealing with two separate pub files?
> 
> 
> "Cimbian" <Cimbian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8D453B6B-3F0B-482E-807C-FB2870EC4BE1@microsoft.com...
> > Hi Rob,
> > 
> > If I switch them off then Publisher decides to 'help' me and reformats the 
> > printout  to be 5 x 5 pages per sheet, rather then the 4 x 4 that I will have 
> > on page 1.... therefore, back and front will not line-up.
> > 
> > Regards,
> > 
> > Cimbian
> > 
> > "Rob Giordano (Crash Gordon®)" wrote:
> > 
> > > because on the file that *only* has page two you'd turn them off, on the file that has only page one you'd leave them on... maybe i misunderstood...sorry if I did.
> > > 
> > > 
> > > "Cimbian" <Cimbian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E0B09D03-A792-466A-88A7-7EC3720ED89A@microsoft.com...
> > > > Hi Rob,
> > > > 
> > > > Forgive me but how does that solve the printing of the crop marks?
> > > > 
> > > > I will still get them on both sides or have all the work crunched together.
> > > > 
> > > > Publisher should have an option to use the crop mark spacing on page two but 
> > > > without printing them..... or have I missed something?
> > > > 
> > > > 
> > > > 
> > > > "Rob Giordano (Crash Gordon®)" wrote:
> > > > 
> > > > > variation;
> > > > > Do a Save As on the entire pub file with a new name, delete page 1 in one and page 2 in the second...then adjust what you need to.
> > > > > 
> > > > > 
> > > > > "Cimbian" <Cimbian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:542FF83F-8154-4B6E-9AD9-6BA08D140E5B@microsoft.com...
> > > > > > Thanks for your help, I suppose this method was a little too obvious for me ;-)
> > > > > > 
> > > > > > 
> > > > > > "Mary Sauer" wrote:
> > > > > > 
> > > > > > > Separate the publication into two publications. Manually create the second page, i.e. 
> > > > > > > setup up the A3 page, use the arrange menu for your guidelines and margins. Copy the 
> > > > > > > second page from the original document and paste into each cell you created.
> > > > > > > -- 
> > > > > > > Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> > > > > > > http://office.microsoft.com/
> > > > > > > http://msauer.mvps.org/
> > > > > > > news://msnews.microsoft.com
> > > > > > > "Cimbian" <Cimbian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> > > > > > > news:36F6185A-A41D-4ED5-91B6-BB1E8390BAE9@microsoft.com...
> > > > > > > >I need to print on two sides (20 copies of an 8cm x 5cm business card on a
> > > > > > > > sheet of A3).
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > I need the crop marks on the first side, but not on the other as they do not
> > > > > > > > line up properly however, if I disable the crop marks publisher 'helpfully'
> > > > > > > > closes up the gaps and increases the number of copies per sheet on this
> > > > > > > > side.... Aaaaargh!
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > Any ideas on how to stop this OR how to print the crop marks 'invisibly'
> > > > > > > > without printing to EPS and then editing the 'picture'?
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > Help, I am running out of time! 
> > > > > > > 
> > > > > > > 
> > > > > > >
> > > > >
> > >
> 
0
Cimbian (10)
5/4/2005 2:21:06 PM
It is almost impossible to get a correct line-up, especially if you are printing with 
an inkjet. I have a super duper laser printer and I cannot get the back to line up 
with the front even with a duplex unit. It isn't much of a shift, but it is 
noticeable on smaller publications. It has to do with the way the printer feeds the 
stock, it is not a Publisher issue. You might avoid this shift if you take your file 
to a commercial printer or use a copier machine.
-- 
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
http://msauer.mvps.org/
news://msnews.microsoft.com
"Cimbian" <Cimbian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:DC3912D6-A758-4E07-9C1F-D22B64ED07C9@microsoft.com...
> Yes, if using crop marks.
>
> Mary's suggestion using guidlines would work but this really doesn't sound
> like the right solution as Publisher should be aware of the problem and
> handle it... IMHO
>
> Cimbian
>
> "Rob Giordano (Crash Gordon�)" wrote:
>
>> even if you're dealing with two separate pub files?
>>
>>
>> "Cimbian" <Cimbian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
>> news:8D453B6B-3F0B-482E-807C-FB2870EC4BE1@microsoft.com...
>> > Hi Rob,
>> >
>> > If I switch them off then Publisher decides to 'help' me and reformats the
>> > printout  to be 5 x 5 pages per sheet, rather then the 4 x 4 that I will have
>> > on page 1.... therefore, back and front will not line-up.
>> >
>> > Regards,
>> >
>> > Cimbian
>> >
>> > "Rob Giordano (Crash Gordon®)" wrote:
>> >
>> > > because on the file that *only* has page two you'd turn them off, on the file 
>> > > that has only page one you'd leave them on... maybe i misunderstood...sorry if 
>> > > I did.
>> > >
>> > >
>> > > "Cimbian" <Cimbian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
>> > > news:E0B09D03-A792-466A-88A7-7EC3720ED89A@microsoft.com...
>> > > > Hi Rob,
>> > > >
>> > > > Forgive me but how does that solve the printing of the crop marks?
>> > > >
>> > > > I will still get them on both sides or have all the work crunched together.
>> > > >
>> > > > Publisher should have an option to use the crop mark spacing on page two but
>> > > > without printing them..... or have I missed something?
>> > > >
>> > > >
>> > > >
>> > > > "Rob Giordano (Crash Gordon�,®)" wrote:
>> > > >
>> > > > > variation;
>> > > > > Do a Save As on the entire pub file with a new name, delete page 1 in one 
>> > > > > and page 2 in the second...then adjust what you need to.
>> > > > >
>> > > > >
>> > > > > "Cimbian" <Cimbian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
>> > > > > news:542FF83F-8154-4B6E-9AD9-6BA08D140E5B@microsoft.com...
>> > > > > > Thanks for your help, I suppose this method was a little too obvious for 
>> > > > > > me ;-)
>> > > > > >
>> > > > > >
>> > > > > > "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>> > > > > >
>> > > > > > > Separate the publication into two publications. Manually create the 
>> > > > > > > second page, i.e.
>> > > > > > > setup up the A3 page, use the arrange menu for your guidelines and 
>> > > > > > > margins. Copy the
>> > > > > > > second page from the original document and paste into each cell you 
>> > > > > > > created.
>> > > > > > > -- 
>> > > > > > > Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> > > > > > > http://office.microsoft.com/
>> > > > > > > http://msauer.mvps.org/
>> > > > > > > news://msnews.microsoft.com
>> > > > > > > "Cimbian" <Cimbian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > > > > > > news:36F6185A-A41D-4ED5-91B6-BB1E8390BAE9@microsoft.com...
>> > > > > > > >I need to print on two sides (20 copies of an 8cm x 5cm business card 
>> > > > > > > >on a
>> > > > > > > > sheet of A3).
>> > > > > > > >
>> > > > > > > > I need the crop marks on the first side, but not on the other as 
>> > > > > > > > they do not
>> > > > > > > > line up properly however, if I disable the crop marks publisher 
>> > > > > > > > 'helpfully'
>> > > > > > > > closes up the gaps and increases the number of copies per sheet on 
>> > > > > > > > this
>> > > > > > > > side.... Aaaaargh!
>> > > > > > > >
>> > > > > > > > Any ideas on how to stop this OR how to print the crop marks 
>> > > > > > > > 'invisibly'
>> > > > > > > > without printing to EPS and then editing the 'picture'?
>> > > > > > > >
>> > > > > > > > Help, I am running out of time!
>> > > > > > >
>> > > > > > >
>> > > > > > >
>> > > > >
>> > >
>> 


0
gsauer (5093)
5/4/2005 4:43:04 PM
Mary,

It is precisely because of this slight misalignment with personal printers 
that I want to be able to retain the 'with crop marks' layout but without 
printing them on page two (or printing them but without a line colour).

I can live with a slight misalignment for the actual copy as they are not 
referenced 'through' the page to each-other.

To me this seems like a relatively simple fix for MS but would make peoples 
lives soooo much easier. After all, Publisher is not a 'serious' tool for the 
'serious' pro that has access to 'serious' print services (I can hear the 
"hang 'im high" complaints now).

I am a small businessman with a simple need to produce low-cost brochures, 
flyers, cards etc. for my own use. Some stuff is sent to the pros for 
printing, but they generally do not like .pub format files however, the bulk 
of it I print on a selection of printer formats that I have here in the 
office.

I use Publisher 'cause it came bundled with my PC and cash is, as usual, a 
constraint however, I spend quite a lot of time 'faffing' about with small 
issues like this one.... maybe I really should cost my own time ;-)

Regards,

Cimbian

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> It is almost impossible to get a correct line-up, especially if you are printing with 
> an inkjet. I have a super duper laser printer and I cannot get the back to line up 
> with the front even with a duplex unit. It isn't much of a shift, but it is 
> noticeable on smaller publications. It has to do with the way the printer feeds the 
> stock, it is not a Publisher issue. You might avoid this shift if you take your file 
> to a commercial printer or use a copier machine.
> -- 
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> news://msnews.microsoft.com
> "Cimbian" <Cimbian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:DC3912D6-A758-4E07-9C1F-D22B64ED07C9@microsoft.com...
> > Yes, if using crop marks.
> >
> > Mary's suggestion using guidlines would work but this really doesn't sound
> > like the right solution as Publisher should be aware of the problem and
> > handle it... IMHO
> >
> > Cimbian
> >
> > "Rob Giordano (Crash Gordon®)" wrote:
> >
> >> even if you're dealing with two separate pub files?
> >>
> >>
> >> "Cimbian" <Cimbian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> >> news:8D453B6B-3F0B-482E-807C-FB2870EC4BE1@microsoft.com...
> >> > Hi Rob,
> >> >
> >> > If I switch them off then Publisher decides to 'help' me and reformats the
> >> > printout  to be 5 x 5 pages per sheet, rather then the 4 x 4 that I will have
> >> > on page 1.... therefore, back and front will not line-up.
> >> >
> >> > Regards,
> >> >
> >> > Cimbian
> >> >
> >> > "Rob Giordano (Crash Gordon®)" wrote:
> >> >
> >> > > because on the file that *only* has page two you'd turn them off, on the file 
> >> > > that has only page one you'd leave them on... maybe i misunderstood...sorry if 
> >> > > I did.
> >> > >
> >> > >
> >> > > "Cimbian" <Cimbian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> >> > > news:E0B09D03-A792-466A-88A7-7EC3720ED89A@microsoft.com...
> >> > > > Hi Rob,
> >> > > >
> >> > > > Forgive me but how does that solve the printing of the crop marks?
> >> > > >
> >> > > > I will still get them on both sides or have all the work crunched together.
> >> > > >
> >> > > > Publisher should have an option to use the crop mark spacing on page two but
> >> > > > without printing them..... or have I missed something?
> >> > > >
> >> > > >
> >> > > >
> >> > > > "Rob Giordano (Crash GordonÃ,®)" wrote:
> >> > > >
> >> > > > > variation;
> >> > > > > Do a Save As on the entire pub file with a new name, delete page 1 in one 
> >> > > > > and page 2 in the second...then adjust what you need to.
> >> > > > >
> >> > > > >
> >> > > > > "Cimbian" <Cimbian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> >> > > > > news:542FF83F-8154-4B6E-9AD9-6BA08D140E5B@microsoft.com...
> >> > > > > > Thanks for your help, I suppose this method was a little too obvious for 
> >> > > > > > me ;-)
> >> > > > > >
> >> > > > > >
> >> > > > > > "Mary Sauer" wrote:
> >> > > > > >
> >> > > > > > > Separate the publication into two publications. Manually create the 
> >> > > > > > > second page, i.e.
> >> > > > > > > setup up the A3 page, use the arrange menu for your guidelines and 
> >> > > > > > > margins. Copy the
> >> > > > > > > second page from the original document and paste into each cell you 
> >> > > > > > > created.
> >> > > > > > > -- 
> >> > > > > > > Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> >> > > > > > > http://office.microsoft.com/
> >> > > > > > > http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >> > > > > > > news://msnews.microsoft.com
> >> > > > > > > "Cimbian" <Cimbian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> > > > > > > news:36F6185A-A41D-4ED5-91B6-BB1E8390BAE9@microsoft.com...
> >> > > > > > > >I need to print on two sides (20 copies of an 8cm x 5cm business card 
> >> > > > > > > >on a
> >> > > > > > > > sheet of A3).
> >> > > > > > > >
> >> > > > > > > > I need the crop marks on the first side, but not on the other as 
> >> > > > > > > > they do not
> >> > > > > > > > line up properly however, if I disable the crop marks publisher 
> >> > > > > > > > 'helpfully'
> >> > > > > > > > closes up the gaps and increases the number of copies per sheet on 
> >> > > > > > > > this
> >> > > > > > > > side.... Aaaaargh!
> >> > > > > > > >
> >> > > > > > > > Any ideas on how to stop this OR how to print the crop marks 
> >> > > > > > > > 'invisibly'
> >> > > > > > > > without printing to EPS and then editing the 'picture'?
> >> > > > > > > >
> >> > > > > > > > Help, I am running out of time!
> >> > > > > > >
> >> > > > > > >
> >> > > > > > >
> >> > > > >
> >> > >
> >> 
> 
> 
> 
0
Cimbian (10)
5/5/2005 9:18:33 AM
It isn't just MS, I get the same shift no matter what program and it is always the 
same amount of misalignment.

Have you tried rotating the contents of the second page 180 degrees and feeding it in 
your printer basically upside down? I found this is prevents the shift. (I did 
experiment). You have to remember if you have images they will have to be flipped as 
well as rotated.
-- 
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
http://msauer.mvps.org/
news://msnews.microsoft.com
"Cimbian" <Cimbian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:5C2B2A6A-9A53-43F9-8F16-438A856786F3@microsoft.com...
> Mary,
>
> It is precisely because of this slight misalignment with personal printers
> that I want to be able to retain the 'with crop marks' layout but without
> printing them on page two (or printing them but without a line colour).
>
> I can live with a slight misalignment for the actual copy as they are not
> referenced 'through' the page to each-other.
>
> To me this seems like a relatively simple fix for MS but would make peoples
> lives soooo much easier. After all, Publisher is not a 'serious' tool for the
> 'serious' pro that has access to 'serious' print services (I can hear the
> "hang 'im high" complaints now).
>
> I am a small businessman with a simple need to produce low-cost brochures,
> flyers, cards etc. for my own use. Some stuff is sent to the pros for
> printing, but they generally do not like .pub format files however, the bulk
> of it I print on a selection of printer formats that I have here in the
> office.
>
> I use Publisher 'cause it came bundled with my PC and cash is, as usual, a
> constraint however, I spend quite a lot of time 'faffing' about with small
> issues like this one.... maybe I really should cost my own time ;-)
>
> Regards,
>
> Cimbian
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> It is almost impossible to get a correct line-up, especially if you are printing 
>> with
>> an inkjet. I have a super duper laser printer and I cannot get the back to line up
>> with the front even with a duplex unit. It isn't much of a shift, but it is
>> noticeable on smaller publications. It has to do with the way the printer feeds 
>> the
>> stock, it is not a Publisher issue. You might avoid this shift if you take your 
>> file
>> to a commercial printer or use a copier machine.
>> -- 
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>> news://msnews.microsoft.com
>> "Cimbian" <Cimbian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:DC3912D6-A758-4E07-9C1F-D22B64ED07C9@microsoft.com...
>> > Yes, if using crop marks.
>> >
>> > Mary's suggestion using guidlines would work but this really doesn't sound
>> > like the right solution as Publisher should be aware of the problem and
>> > handle it... IMHO
>> >
>> > Cimbian
>> >
>> > "Rob Giordano (Crash Gordon�)" wrote:
>> >
>> >> even if you're dealing with two separate pub files?
>> >>
>> >>
>> >> "Cimbian" <Cimbian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >> news:8D453B6B-3F0B-482E-807C-FB2870EC4BE1@microsoft.com...
>> >> > Hi Rob,
>> >> >
>> >> > If I switch them off then Publisher decides to 'help' me and reformats the
>> >> > printout  to be 5 x 5 pages per sheet, rather then the 4 x 4 that I will have
>> >> > on page 1.... therefore, back and front will not line-up.
>> >> >
>> >> > Regards,
>> >> >
>> >> > Cimbian
>> >> >
>> >> > "Rob Giordano (Crash Gordon®)" wrote:
>> >> >
>> >> > > because on the file that *only* has page two you'd turn them off, on the 
>> >> > > file
>> >> > > that has only page one you'd leave them on... maybe i misunderstood...sorry 
>> >> > > if
>> >> > > I did.
>> >> > >
>> >> > >
>> >> > > "Cimbian" <Cimbian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >> > > news:E0B09D03-A792-466A-88A7-7EC3720ED89A@microsoft.com...
>> >> > > > Hi Rob,
>> >> > > >
>> >> > > > Forgive me but how does that solve the printing of the crop marks?
>> >> > > >
>> >> > > > I will still get them on both sides or have all the work crunched 
>> >> > > > together.
>> >> > > >
>> >> > > > Publisher should have an option to use the crop mark spacing on page two 
>> >> > > > but
>> >> > > > without printing them..... or have I missed something?
>> >> > > >
>> >> > > >
>> >> > > >
>> >> > > > "Rob Giordano (Crash Gordon�,®)" wrote:
>> >> > > >
>> >> > > > > variation;
>> >> > > > > Do a Save As on the entire pub file with a new name, delete page 1 in 
>> >> > > > > one
>> >> > > > > and page 2 in the second...then adjust what you need to.
>> >> > > > >
>> >> > > > >
>> >> > > > > "Cimbian" <Cimbian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >> > > > > news:542FF83F-8154-4B6E-9AD9-6BA08D140E5B@microsoft.com...
>> >> > > > > > Thanks for your help, I suppose this method was a little too obvious 
>> >> > > > > > for
>> >> > > > > > me ;-)
>> >> > > > > >
>> >> > > > > >
>> >> > > > > > "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>> >> > > > > >
>> >> > > > > > > Separate the publication into two publications. Manually create the
>> >> > > > > > > second page, i.e.
>> >> > > > > > > setup up the A3 page, use the arrange menu for your guidelines and
>> >> > > > > > > margins. Copy the
>> >> > > > > > > second page from the original document and paste into each cell you
>> >> > > > > > > created.
>> >> > > > > > > -- 
>> >> > > > > > > Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> >> > > > > > > http://office.microsoft.com/
>> >> > > > > > > http://msauer.mvps.org/
>> >> > > > > > > news://msnews.microsoft.com
>> >> > > > > > > "Cimbian" <Cimbian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >> > > > > > > news:36F6185A-A41D-4ED5-91B6-BB1E8390BAE9@microsoft.com...
>> >> > > > > > > >I need to print on two sides (20 copies of an 8cm x 5cm business 
>> >> > > > > > > >card
>> >> > > > > > > >on a
>> >> > > > > > > > sheet of A3).
>> >> > > > > > > >
>> >> > > > > > > > I need the crop marks on the first side, but not on the other as
>> >> > > > > > > > they do not
>> >> > > > > > > > line up properly however, if I disable the crop marks publisher
>> >> > > > > > > > 'helpfully'
>> >> > > > > > > > closes up the gaps and increases the number of copies per sheet 
>> >> > > > > > > > on
>> >> > > > > > > > this
>> >> > > > > > > > side.... Aaaaargh!
>> >> > > > > > > >
>> >> > > > > > > > Any ideas on how to stop this OR how to print the crop marks
>> >> > > > > > > > 'invisibly'
>> >> > > > > > > > without printing to EPS and then editing the 'picture'?
>> >> > > > > > > >
>> >> > > > > > > > Help, I am running out of time!
>> >> > > > > > >
>> >> > > > > > >
>> >> > > > > > >
>> >> > > > >
>> >> > >
>> >>
>>
>>
>> 


0
gsauer (5093)
5/5/2005 10:09:52 AM
Mary Sauer <gsauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> was very recently heard to utter:
> You have to remember if you
> have images they will have to be flipped as well as rotated.

Why?

-- 
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher 


0
the_nerd (6342)
5/5/2005 4:22:40 PM
Cimbian <Cimbian@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to
utter:
> To me this seems like a relatively simple fix for MS but would make
> peoples lives soooo much easier.

No no NO!

Mary clearly said that the problem was not in Publisher but in the printer.

The printer has to pick up the stock perfectly and exactly the same every 
time in order to not get a malalignment.  Microsoft has no control over the 
accuracy of your printer, and so cannot fix this with a "simple software 
fix".

If you haven't already, you will need to make sure that your paper guides 
are as tight to the edge of the paper as they can get without causing the 
paper to buckle upwards or bend.

-- 
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher 


0
the_nerd (6342)
5/5/2005 4:24:36 PM
If you want two images to be exactly lined up and you use the process I used, then 
the second image has to be flipped.
I tried this method in Publisher and Corel. It works perfectly. Forever I have wanted 
to do back to back images and never was able to accomplish the feat. Now I know how.

-- 
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
http://msauer.mvps.org/
news://msnews.microsoft.com
"Ed Bennett" <the_nerd@mvps.org> wrote in message 
news:eHdI46YUFHA.3620@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Mary Sauer <gsauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> was very recently heard to utter:
>> You have to remember if you
>> have images they will have to be flipped as well as rotated.
>
> Why?
>
> -- 
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
> 


0
gsauer (5093)
5/5/2005 5:43:18 PM
Mary Sauer <gsauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> was very recently heard to utter:
> If you want two images to be exactly lined up and you use the process
> I used, then the second image has to be flipped.
> I tried this method in Publisher and Corel. It works perfectly.
> Forever I have wanted to do back to back images and never was able to
> accomplish the feat. Now I know how.

I don't think I understand what you're doing, as I still can't see why you 
would flip the image.

-- 
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher 


0
the_nerd (6342)
5/5/2005 7:05:06 PM
When you use a duplex unit or even manually...
Try this on your printer.
Create an image, copy, on page two paste the image. It is in the same position. If 
you don't flip the image they will not be the same front and back. One side will face 
left; the other right. With the misalignment they still won't be exactly back to back 
but it will be close. The original poster wouldn't have to flip the image because it 
doesn't matter, I am only suggesting a way to do a back to back card of any stripe 
that will be exact.
I made some goldfish for a magnet fishing thing, the fish never did align. Can do 
now.

-- 
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
http://msauer.mvps.org/
news://msnews.microsoft.com
"Ed Bennett" <the_nerd@mvps.org> wrote in message 
news:OQC40VaUFHA.3944@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> Mary Sauer <gsauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> was very recently heard to utter:
>> If you want two images to be exactly lined up and you use the process
>> I used, then the second image has to be flipped.
>> I tried this method in Publisher and Corel. It works perfectly.
>> Forever I have wanted to do back to back images and never was able to
>> accomplish the feat. Now I know how.
>
> I don't think I understand what you're doing, as I still can't see why you would 
> flip the image.
>
> -- 
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
> 


0
gsauer (5093)
5/5/2005 10:18:56 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Option to select printer B4 printing Payables Checks
Client recently upgraded from 7.5 to 9.0 and they lost the option to select a printer after clicking print. From print payables checks In 7.5 when they would click on print, a window would pop up and give them the option to select a printer to send their checks to. Now it automatically goes to their defaulted printer. How do they set up the option in 9.0? Go to the Named Printers settings, and look at the checkbox to suppress the printer dialog box. This should solve your problem Best regards Mike "TROOTBMI" <TROOTBMI@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

Logo will print in black & white but not colour
I really need some help with this urgently! check your options either in the software you are using or the printer setup to see if color is selected vrs black only. "Amanda K" <Amanda K@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:543569FB-DC77-426F-8BEE-124A9C4D7539@microsoft.com... >I really need some help with this urgently! ...

What is a cell mark and what does it look like?
I was working with cells while editing and I need to know what a cell mark is and/or looks like to continue. I am working with Office 2000 Professional. Hi Kira, I am not sure what is this "cell mark" could it be a add comment to a cell? or you just a cell address which refer to A1 - A stands for column and 1 stands for row usually when you select any cell in excel it indicates where you are? Goto pulldown menu option you will see Row & Column Headers see where your cursor lands. "Kira" wrote: > I was working with cells while editing and I need to know wha...

How do I Print Business Cards 10 UP?
Sorry... I just couldn't resist! :-) Greg ... and I need to write a letter to santa cos he might forget that i asked for a ray gun.. is there a template that i can use?.. "MusicMan" <gregb@valleyho.com> wrote in message news:sJYtd.3178$N%6.2036@trnddc05... > Sorry... I just couldn't resist! :-) > > Greg > > > "Mike Hall" wrote: > ... and I need to write a letter to santa cos he might forget that i asked > for a ray gun.. is there a template that i can use?.. > > > "MusicMan" <gregb@valleyho.c...

How do I compare data in two worksheets to find matching cells?
Each day I work with two worksheets. One is a list of numbers that is given to me by someone else. The other list is something I make myself, again it is a list of numbers. I need to know if there is a way I can compare the data to find out if any of the numbers I input on my list match up to the ones on the list I am given. I am aware of the "Find" function, but I'm working with lists of hundreds of numbers, and it's really annoying to take each one and "find" it on another worksheet. Any answers? Hi Gary, See Chip Pearson's Tagging Duplicates page. In ...

Print scrollable user form.
I have a user form that uses scroll bars. I added a button at th bottom of the form to print what is on the user form. The cod executed is userform.Printform. The only part of the form that print is the part of the form that is in the user window. How can I get th whole form to print, including what is out of the user window? Thanks, Crai -- cparson ----------------------------------------------------------------------- cparsons's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1286 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39291 ...

blank two fold 8 1/2 x 14 brochure templates
where can I find a download for a tw 0r three fold blank 8 1/2 x 14 brochure template It is a simple page setup. Setup your printer for legal stock and then your page. In the arrange menu select two or three columns. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "kawika" <kawika@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E99D8D0A-E6C8-48A2-A5AF-C5B6E365219C@microsoft.com... > where can I find a download for a tw 0r three fold blank 8 1/2 x 14 brochure > template ...

Correction
Hello - My computer and my wife's computer are networked. I have WinXP and Excel 2000 9.0.3821 SR-1 on my computer. She has Win98 and Excel 2000 9.0.2720. When I print a spreadsheet created in Win98 with an earlier version of Excel (I'm not sure which version), I get "squiggilly" vertical lines and numbers. When I print the same file on the same printer using my wife's computer it looks fine. What is the problem? Is there a way I can convert the file so it will print correctly? Thanks Drew Have you tried copying the contents to a new workbook, and saving i...

Printing Visible Sheets in Sequence
I would like to print all of the visible sheets within one workbook with sequential page numbers. How could this macro be modified so that only visible sheets are loaded into the array? Thanks for your help. Sub PrintSheets() Dim ShtList() As String Dim ShtCnt As Long ReDim ShtList(1 To ActiveWorkbook.Sheets.Count) For ShtCnt = LBound(ShtList) To UBound(ShtList) ShtList(ShtCnt) = ActiveWorkbook.Sheets(ShtCnt).Name Next ShtCnt ActiveWorkbook.Sheets(ShtList).PrintOut End Sub Hi John Try this Sub test() Dim ws As Worksheet Dim arr() As String Dim N As Integer N = 0 ...

Inserted picture from file must be printed over/behind footer
We want to print a picture (including company's logo) on every page of=20 a document. We insert an EPS file in one of the tile cells, and it = appears=20 on every page, EXCEPT the part of the image at the bottom of the page=20 where the footer appears. The image is cut off where the footer=20 starts. Is there one way or another to let the image be continued (over or=20 behind) the footer ? Regards, Jan ...

Combining two companies into one
We are approaching a point where management wants to combine two separately operating companies into one entity. How do I merge the one into the larger? Can I do this within Great Plains and migrate the tables & information? There isn't a conflict with cost center-acct#'s on the income statement but there would be on the balance sheet. Vendor names & numbers would need to be redone as well. Management will want to be able to combine by the end of the year. I know I could just create new cost centers and quit using the old company but if there is any way to combi...

font printing problem of imported visio file inside power point file
I am having a problem with VISIO 2002 with PowerPoint 2000. I made a drawing with some fonts with VISIO 2002. Then I copied the drawing and pasted into PowerPoint file. In screen, I can clearly see the font. When I print the file, drawings are there but there are no font from printed paper. Would you please help me out regarding this problem? ...

Sql Server Indexing With Two or More Columns
I got a question with indexing. If I create an index and select 2 or more columns, what is the difference with that and creating 2 (or more separate ) indexes for them? Thanks mark It depends on what you are doing If you have WHERE Last=@p1 AND First=@p2 there no need to have two indexes , however having WHERE First=@p2 the first index on Last,First may or may not be useful, so in that case having two NCI may be a good idea I mean you need testing it, and make a decision.Also there is no need to create NCI on every column, it is especially true in SQL Server 2005 and onwards w...

two exchange servers, one calendar view?
Is there any way to combine the information from two different Exchange calendars(from 2 different servers) into one view? Are there any add ons that can accomplish this? We have some employees that are working with another company on a long term project, and the two scedules are conflicting. I told her to just use one as a primary inbox that people must realize is your default for scheduling appointments, but she I'm sure some will slip through the carcks and create larger headaches down the road. On Tue, 6 Sep 2005 09:11:05 -0700, Dan <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: ...

Want to use Excel as a database for small school, how to print out specific fields??
Hi all, I am a volunteer parent for a small school and have been asked to help setup a database of the students (160) and need to figure out how to create a file and print just specific fields for different purposes. I tried the mail merge but didn't get the result I needed, which is just a page of information to pass out amongst the different families. I've looked around but can't find anything that looks like it would do what I need, but I seem to remember that it is possible. so far I've got my column headers and the data entered, but can't do anything with it. The ...

How to use two parameters in input of popup Variables
HI All Gary's Student kindly made some to code to allow input of variables via popup : Dim colstring As String Dim findit As Double, replacewith As Double colstring = Application.InputBox("Select Column ....", "Stage 1 of 3", Type:=2) findit = Application.InputBox("Column Selected : " & colstring & vbCr & vbCr & "Select Value To Replace?", "Stage 2 of 3", Type:=1) replacewith = Application.InputBox("Column Selected : " & colstring & vbCr & vbCr & "Value Selected : " &am...

Print only certain scheduled activities
I use my Outlook calendar for everything, including some things that are simply alarms to remind me to do something on a daily basis, like fill out my time card before I go home, or check a website for updates. However, when I print out my schedule to put in my planner, I obviously do not need this daily reminder to print also. Is there a way to only have some tasks print and others not? Or is there a better method for me to simply set up an alarm for some of these daily reminder tasks? Thanks a ton - Laurie Set your reminders as tasks and for daily tasks set it up to reoccur with remin...

Re: How to print e-mails without a logo or page numbers please.
ICAgICAgICAg ...

Print area query
Hi I am trying to print a page, the top margin is .18 and header 0, the bottom margin is o & footer zero but when i give print in paper the bottom margin is left more than top margin, i want to push bottom a little more but when i do, the content moves to next page, any solution for this? -- Life isa journey not a destination The problem is how close to the buttom your printer can print. Do not expect that you can print as close to the bottom as to the top of the paper. Regards, Per "Sherees" <Sherees@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i meddelelsen n...

Fractions not showing/printing in Word
I have several files which I know contain typed fractions (i.e. 1/2, 1/4), but the fractions are not displaying or printing when I open the files in Word X for Mac. (The files originated in Word on the PC--not sure of which version however.) When I copy the text out of Word and paste it into practically any other program, including Text Edit or even Mail, the fractions show up and print just fine. Anyone have any ideas as to what I can do to make these files work properly in Word? TIA, Jennifer On 15/11/05 18:38, in article 1132079939.220690.258410@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com, "s771...

Printing Checks to Generic Printer / Test File
I am trying to convert to Money from Quicken. I use special software to printer my checks. I Quicken I could print my checks to a generic Test file. I cannot select that output file from the printer options available from the Money Print Checks Menu. Can someone help me get an output file setup up as a printer option. This issue may be the show stopper for my using Money Thanks in advance You'll have to setup a printer queue that prints to a file and then setup Money (File|Print Setup|Check Printing, I think is the menu choice) to use this printer for printing your checks. Setting ...

Outlook 2003 Attachment Printing Last
In outlook 2003 if you set a rule to print a bunch of emails or if you highlight 15 emails where some have attachments and some do not it prints all the emails first then the attachments at the back, out of order. Is there any way to get them to print in order? So It goes -email1-email2-attachment to 2nd email-email3-email4 --MCspec No. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ ...

Printing the top of a table on every sheet.
Ok, I must be missing something here but I just can't figure it out. I effect, I have a big table with the first 3 rows being all semi comple column headings (i.e. underlined cells, centered, justified....lots o formatting). I want to get the top of this table to print at the to of each sheet of the table. I look at the header formatting dialo boxes and I don't see anything that will help. Cliff Notes: How do you make top rows of table print on every sheet? p.s. sorry if this is the 15,000th time this has been asked, but searched 300posts without finding it -- Message posted f...

How do I print a file holder label from Excel to a dox matrix pri.
Trying to print 3 lines at a time from Excel to a dot matrix printer each time I process a new transaction. (12) 3.5" x 15/15 labels per page on an Epson LX800 dot matrix printer. Each time I print 3 lines the form feeds 12 labels. How do I stop the form feed? Can see how to set a custom page size in Excel? Have also tried this as a mail merge in Word.....get the same form feed. I think I did this years ago in Lotus 1-2-3 with set-up strings that supressed the form feed. Any suggestions? ...

Print thru using EXCEL 2007
I am inputting data in sheet 1 col A to G I want that same info to "PRINT THRU" to Sheets 2 and 3. Can you tell me how? Thanks Before you start "inputting", click on the Sheet1 tab, hold down <Shift> and click on the Sheet3 tab. This groups the sheets. Anything done to one, will be done to *all* in the group. When finished, don't forget to separate them. Right click in a tab and choose "Ungroup". -- HTH, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may be...