Creating Postcard 2 UP & 2 sided with Mail merge

Hi everyone:

  Good morning. I hope that some one can help with the design and setup for
doing the following:

   1) Postcard 8.5 by 5.5 (basically half of 8.% X 11 letter paper).
   2) Print on both sides
   3) Mail merge on both sides

  How do I set it up so that I can have 2 postcards to be printed on 1 sheet
using either one of MS Publisher or MS Word? (prefer Word)

   I know that my printer does it.

   First, I already have the design in both MS Publisher and MS Word.

   I also have the mail merge done.

  MS Publisher:
  Page Setup: Width 8.5 Height: 5.5
  Paper: Letter (8.5 X 11)

  MS Word:
  Page setup: Width: 8.5 Height: 5.5
  Paper: Letter

 I have read about duplex printing. I have an HP Photosmart 3200 with the
duplex printing module. I can print on 2 sides.

I have also read that there is a bug in MS publisher where print preview
shows only 1 mail merge entry. Fine. But, it does NOT print 2 postcards on 1
page front & back when I do a test print.

MS Word, I don't have a clue as to how I will get this done.

Any help will be highly appreciated. Please explain in detail stpe by step
how to set up in BOT MS Word and MS Publisher. I know that I am very close to
getting it done. It's the setup.

What's happening now?

MS Publisher:
I have test mail merge list containing 4 entries. My expectation is that MS
Publisher will print 2 entries (front & back) on 1 Letter size paper and the
other 2 entries on the 2nd sheet.

However, I get 4 sheets with front & back.

MS Word:
Don't know how to set this up. I have the documents for front and back as 1
word document.

Thanks for your help,
-- Gopal

0
gopal (11)

You cannot merge back and front. Merge side one, turn the page over and merge
side two.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Gopal" <Gopal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi everyone:
>
>  Good morning. I hope that some one can help with the design and setup for
> doing the following:
>
>   1) Postcard 8.5 by 5.5 (basically half of 8.% X 11 letter paper).
>   2) Print on both sides
>   3) Mail merge on both sides
>
>  How do I set it up so that I can have 2 postcards to be printed on 1 sheet
> using either one of MS Publisher or MS Word? (prefer Word)
>
>   I know that my printer does it.
>
>   First, I already have the design in both MS Publisher and MS Word.
>
>   I also have the mail merge done.
>
>  MS Publisher:
>  Page Setup: Width 8.5 Height: 5.5
>  Paper: Letter (8.5 X 11)
>
>  MS Word:
>  Page setup: Width: 8.5 Height: 5.5
>  Paper: Letter
>
> I have read about duplex printing. I have an HP Photosmart 3200 with the
> duplex printing module. I can print on 2 sides.
>
> I have also read that there is a bug in MS publisher where print preview
> shows only 1 mail merge entry. Fine. But, it does NOT print 2 postcards on 1
> page front & back when I do a test print.
>
> MS Word, I don't have a clue as to how I will get this done.
>
> Any help will be highly appreciated. Please explain in detail stpe by step
> how to set up in BOT MS Word and MS Publisher. I know that I am very close to
> getting it done. It's the setup.
>
> What's happening now?
>
> MS Publisher:
> I have test mail merge list containing 4 entries. My expectation is that MS
> Publisher will print 2 entries (front & back) on 1 Letter size paper and the
> other 2 entries on the 2nd sheet.
>
> However, I get 4 sheets with front & back.
>
> MS Word:
> Don't know how to set this up. I have the documents for front and back as 1
> word document.
>
> Thanks for your help,
> -- Gopal

0
mary-sauer (6480)
8/31/2006 10:20:10 PM
I have completed this marketing project with great success using MS Publisher
2003. In fact, I also added features to my card like 1 side would have the
text rotated so that the receipients would have to read it vertical, flip the
card over and read horizontal.

Way cool ...

Thanks for your help, guys,
-- Gopal

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> You cannot merge back and front. Merge side one, turn the page over and merge
> side two.
>

> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx
>
> "Gopal" <Gopal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi everyone:
> >
> >  Good morning. I hope that some one can help with the design and setup for
> > doing the following:
> >
> >   1) Postcard 8.5 by 5.5 (basically half of 8.% X 11 letter paper).
> >   2) Print on both sides
> >   3) Mail merge on both sides
> >
> >  How do I set it up so that I can have 2 postcards to be printed on 1 sheet
> > using either one of MS Publisher or MS Word? (prefer Word)
> >
> >   I know that my printer does it.
> >
> >   First, I already have the design in both MS Publisher and MS Word.
> >
> >   I also have the mail merge done.
> >
> >  MS Publisher:
> >  Page Setup: Width 8.5 Height: 5.5
> >  Paper: Letter (8.5 X 11)
> >
> >  MS Word:
> >  Page setup: Width: 8.5 Height: 5.5
> >  Paper: Letter
> >
> > I have read about duplex printing. I have an HP Photosmart 3200 with the
> > duplex printing module. I can print on 2 sides.
> >
> > I have also read that there is a bug in MS publisher where print preview
> > shows only 1 mail merge entry. Fine. But, it does NOT print 2 postcards on 1
> > page front & back when I do a test print.
> >
> > MS Word, I don't have a clue as to how I will get this done.
> >
> > Any help will be highly appreciated. Please explain in detail stpe by step
> > how to set up in BOT MS Word and MS Publisher. I know that I am very close to
> > getting it done. It's the setup.
> >
> > What's happening now?
> >
> > MS Publisher:
> > I have test mail merge list containing 4 entries. My expectation is that MS
> > Publisher will print 2 entries (front & back) on 1 Letter size paper and the
> > other 2 entries on the 2nd sheet.
> >
> > However, I get 4 sheets with front & back.
> >
> > MS Word:
> > Don't know how to set this up. I have the documents for front and back as 1
> > word document.
> >
> > Thanks for your help,
> > -- Gopal

0
gopal (11)

How to create a partition on an external USB drive?
Toshiba Tablet XP Home/Student with plenty of memory. I have the program DriveImage XML. At one point it says to create a partition somewhere for the image it's going to create. I have a 40G external plug and play HD. I'd like to create a partition on it without disturbing other files and folders I have on it. There's plenty of free space. Various resources say use XP Disk Management to create that partition. So when I go there it appears as they say but when they say click on the free space choose the selection "Create new partiton." I have right clicked ...

user created shapes non printing
I started have a problem with vision 2002 that I have not noticed before. When I create a new shape, by default, it assumes the non-printing properly under FORMAT � BEHAVIOR. Also if I group a set of "printing" shapes the group will become non-printing. Can I change this behavior? How are you creating the new shape? Also are you using layers in your document? -- Mark Nelson Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Robert" <hammer_757@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:9ec427f7.0409231005.576...

Excel is creating temp files Help!!!
Hi i have to files in excel, i cant figure it out, whenever i open th files, they create temp files into the same location, when i shut dow the program the temp files are left there. Is their a way to make it so temp files are not saved. Or is their a way to make it so that the creation of temp files i turned off. Thanks jaso -- greenfalco ----------------------------------------------------------------------- greenfalcon's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1362 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26182 What do th...

How do I get address book to include e-mail address?
When I select to: box in the new message the search box does not include the e-mail address and is not included in the address line. How do i fix that? Any chance the Contacts folder has lost it's "Show this folder as an E-mail Address Book" checkmark in Properties? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/197577/en-us "Show this folder as an e-mail Address Book" check box is dimmed in Outlook Contact folder properties Hal -- Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-Print/Imaging -- WA7BGX http://www.kvoa.com -- "When News breaks, we fix it!...

How do Iimport my e-mails from my comcast e-mail to outlook
I would like to have all of my e-mails that go to my comcast e-mail address to be sent to my outlook address, how do I do this. I'm not sure if I have my outlook setup properly, how would I know On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 19:57:03 -0700, Tonya wrote: > I would like to have all of my e-mails that go to my comcast e-mail address > to be sent to my outlook address, how do I do this. I'm not sure if I have > my outlook setup properly, how would I know There isn't an "Outlook address". MS Outlook is a mail client, your Comcast email address points to a server which...

"All users" "Programs" create/modify shortcut from app...
Hi all, I've created two shortcuts into "Programs" folder for "All Users" It lets me to get them available for all user. The problem: Application running in "User" context needs to delete and re-create such links but it fails due to an "access denied" ... Settings correct permission to such links it starts working as well I've created links using the IShellLink/IPersistFile sehll interfaces. So, I actually need to have link under "programs" for "All Users" which might be modified by application running in "Users"...

cannot receive mail #4
For some strange reason I cannot receive email. I can send but not receive. I have checked all the settings and they look good. It says sending and receiving in the right hand corner. I do not get any errors. The send receive message goes away but no mail. I know there is mail because I go on the internet and check to see if I have mail and there is some. I am on a wireless network with my other computer. I have it set up so the mail stays on the server so my wife can check the mail on my other computer. On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 21:06:44 -0500, Bob wrote: > For some strange ...

Mutiple e-mails
I realize you probably get A LOT of e-mail, so I will keep it short. I just signed up with DSL, and I have multiple e-mails now. How can I have a separate inbox for each e-mail so I can use outlook for all of them without changing user names. Basically a separate inbox for each separate e-mail account, because one is for business, personal, and another is generic. Thank you in advance for your help. Will ...

Microsoft Money Deluxe 2004 #2
How do I install on a drive other than C? I am running Windows XP Home Edition. In microsoft.public.money, Don wrote: >How do I install on a drive other than C? I am running Windows XP Home >Edition. Early in the install process, Money has a place to click to change where the installation is to take place. If you install in a drive other than the system drive, there could be an issue. I was thinking there might be, but I don't find a reference. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/79917/en-us implies that should work. There is no problem. I have always installed Money (from M...

Outlook startup #2
All of a sudden all our outlook client (Outlook2002/Exchange 2000) are getting the following message: "Your microsoft exchange server is unavailable" with the retry and cancel options. We hit the retry option it connects to the exchange. Any ideas???? Sounds like name resolution problems. Can you ping the Exchange server, by name, from the affected workstations? -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup....

How to create a connection point in Excel
When I group autoshapes the group itself does not have connection points. A connector connects to one of the grouped shapes instead. So, the connector beginconnecedshape (or endconnectedshape) property contains the name of the contained shape and not the name of the group. Is there a way to create connection points for a group? Alternatively, is it possible to change a group into a single shape with connection points? ...

NO #2
Seriously Microsoft, what the fuck? I'm not saying this as some sort of mac fan or money zealot or whatever. Hell, I even worked for you once... but.. YOU ARE DEAD TO ME! Fine, stop selling Money, I don't care. BUT LEAVE YOUR GOD DAMNED SERVERS UP SO WE CAN GET ONLINE UPDATES INDEFINITELY. How much could that cost you a month? A couple thou? You throw more than that away every second repairing peoples broken Xbox 360s. This is a new freakin low. Seriously. ...

Createing Quote sometimes make Error: 80070057
Hello NG, Today I found some funny problems. I create Quotes via the quote WebService from the CRM. This normally works fine, but now I have some quotes, which will get me an error, when I open it. This error is no normal error, I will get an white/yellow Page with ASPX Errorpage: Here the Message (sorry but I only have this error in German): Serverfehler in der Anwendung '/'. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---- Falscher Parameter. Beschreibung: Beim Ausf�hren der aktuellen Webanforderung ist ein unverarbeiteter Fehler aufgetret...

Moving Email Domain off of Exchange #2

Combine 2 rows if name is same in Column B & C on both
Combine 2 rows if name is same in Column B & C on both 2 spreadsheets - Sheet 1 is bigger with extra names in column B & C Lastname Firstname Both - Column B & C Lastname Firstname - both sheets Sheet 1 has data in Col. D & E Sheet 2 has data in Col. F & G Sheet 1 has extra names not in Sheet 2 If Sheet 1 B&C = Sheet 2 B&C , then add F&G columns from sheet 2 , behind D& E columns on sheet 1 , for the match of names in Column B & C Thanks kerns.walter@epa.gov On Nov 13, 12:50 pm, wk <kerns.wal...@epa.gov> wrote: > Combine 2 rows if name...

SDK for Microsoft POS 2.0
Does anyone know of an SDK for MS POS 2.0? I have noticed several companies making add-ons for modules for MS POS, are they standalone products that integrate with the POS database or are they actually integrated into the MS POS itself? Thanks for your comments. On Nov 22, 4:46=A0am, NetKnight <NetKni...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Does anyone know of an SDK for MS POS 2.0? > Thanks for your comments. they are standalone products integrated with the database, and also add-on integrated with SO POS/SO Manager via COM antonio ...

View both incoming/outgoing messages by Thread or Conversation ? #2
Is it possible to view messages in outlook 2003 by Thread or Conversation, both incoming and outgoing, in a single folder, or Inbox, just like Outlook Express News Reader. For example: + Sent Message + Received Reply +Sent Message or Replied + Received Reply I tried using Arrange by Conversation Option in outlook 2003 Inbox Folder, but its just showing Inbox Messages, not Sent Items Messages. Best Regards, Luqman ...

Creating Control Grid
Hi all, I would like to know as to how I should go about creating a control grid of my very own. I just need a bit of push (suggestions). Thanks In Advance Where are you getting stuck? Of course, if the grid isn't too large and most of the cells will have data, then you could simply use a two-dimensional array. For larger grids that will be sparsley populated, there are a couple of algorithms to consider. A simple one is to create a one-dimensional array that represents the rows (or columns), and have each item contain or reference a linked list for all items in that row (complete...

Compile Error in hidden module: Autoexec #2
I need help when ever I opepen or close any office product ( excel , word etc...) I get the message shown above.... How do I fix it please help ag Take a look at this: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q307410 HTH Anders Silven "Ash" <ashrafg@sympatico.ca> skrev i meddelandet news:1574f01c446a0$4b5db2c0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I need help when ever I opepen or close any office > product ( excel , word etc...) I get the message shown > above.... How do I fix it please help > > ag ...

will not let me add my hot mail e-mail
how do I add my msn hotmail email to out look "stephen2428" <stephen2428@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:101C02C3-519B-4B3C-8D8B-FABDCDEB9DE7@microsoft.com > how do I add my msn hotmail email to out look You can't unless you have a paid-for Premium Account. "stephen2428" <stephen2428@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:101C02C3-519B-4B3C-8D8B-FABDCDEB9DE7@microsoft.com... > how do I add my msn hotmail email to out look And we are supposed to guess as to WHICH version of Outlook that you use? HTTPmail got added fo...

Won't Remember Password #2
My email account calls for the password everytime I use it. Even when I check the box to remember my password, it won't retain it. I run XP. Anyone else having problems with this? If you are still having problems after applying both the SP 1 & 2 = patches, then see if this article addresses your problemL OL2002: The Save Password Setting Is Not Saved When You Connect to a = POP3 Server http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=3Dkb;en-us;290684 --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups...

uploading 2 or more mailboxes on 1 user account
I was able to reconnect 1 mailbox to 1 user account, but what i' looking is the way wherein i can reconnect 2 or more mailboxes into user account because instead of giving a 1:1 user account to eac person we will be replacing it and giving them an account per area Hence they already have their own personal account we will b deleting it; How can i put all their messages from their persona account into the single account that we wil be giving to them Hi, More than one mailbox per account is not possible in Exchange 200x. You can do that with Exchange 5.x Regards, -- Menko den Ouden ...

inverting data #2
Please help, I'm stuck! I conducted a survey where respondants each gave answers to 30 questions using a Likert scale i.e. they answered either 1,2,3,4 or 5 to each question. The data is in the following form: Question # q1 q2 q3 q4 q5 1 2 4 2 1 2 2 4 1 2 1 4 3 4 4 2 1 4 4 2 3 2 2 5 5 2 3 4 5 3 My problem is that half of the questions were asked in a negative direction to avoid possible response bias. For the answers to these questions, I need to reverse the answers. If the repondant answered 1, I want to record 5, if 2 then 4, if 3 then 3, if 4 then 2, if 5 then 1. Is there an...