Creating Custom Labels

Hi - I'm trying to create a custom label from an AVERY template that is not
in publisher.  I have contacted AVERY to get the correct dimensions but am
not able to find the correct place to put them in Publisher.  The Page Setup
screen does not activate the controls I need to use.  Please advise?
--
Thank you,

KDill
0
KDill (10)

What are the dimensions?
Avery has a free program that has most of their label sizes.
http://www.avery.com/us/Main?action=software.AverySoftwareDetail&catalogcode=WEB01&softwarecode=3200

Usually Avery labels have several different numbers but the content will be the
same.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"KDill" <KDill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi - I'm trying to create a custom label from an AVERY template that is not
> in publisher.  I have contacted AVERY to get the correct dimensions but am
> not able to find the correct place to put them in Publisher.  The Page Setup
> screen does not activate the controls I need to use.  Please advise?
> --
> Thank you,
>
> KDill

0
mary-sauer (6480)
1/30/2007 8:41:40 PM
It's for the .5 inch - 3 inch binder spines.  The templates online only apply
to word.  I'm trying to figure out how to convert to Publisher.  They gave me
the dimensions, I'm just having trouble applying it in Publisher.  For
example, Here are the dimensions for the 1/2 inch binder spine for Publisher:

Top: 0
Bottom: 0
Left: .25 inch
Right: .25 inch

Height: 11 inches
Width: .5 inch

# accross: 16
# down:  1

Vertical pitch/gap: 11
Horizontal pitch/gap: .5

When I try to set this up as a custom setting in Publisher I run into a few
problems.  1)  It doesn't allow me to go over a value of zero for vertical
pitch, the template requires a value of 11. 2)  I can't get the # accross & #
down to match what the template requires.  3) When I enter the data it has
the number of copies @ 8/sheet & I need it to be 16/sheet.
--
Thank you,

KDill

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> What are the dimensions?
> Avery has a free program that has most of their label sizes.
> http://www.avery.com/us/Main?action=software.AverySoftwareDetail&catalogcode=WEB01&softwarecode=3200
>
> Usually Avery labels have several different numbers but the content will be the
> same.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "KDill" <KDill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi - I'm trying to create a custom label from an AVERY template that is not
> > in publisher.  I have contacted AVERY to get the correct dimensions but am
> > not able to find the correct place to put them in Publisher.  The Page Setup
> > screen does not activate the controls I need to use.  Please advise?
> > --
> > Thank you,
> >
> > KDill

0
KDill (10)
1/30/2007 8:58:02 PM
The only way you are going to get 16 per page is to change both the gaps to
zero. What is the label number?

There is an half inch template for Publisher here, about the sixth template
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/results.aspx?qu=spine&av=TPL000

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

> It's for the .5 inch - 3 inch binder spines.  The templates online only apply
> to word.  I'm trying to figure out how to convert to Publisher.  They gave me
> the dimensions, I'm just having trouble applying it in Publisher.  For
> example, Here are the dimensions for the 1/2 inch binder spine for Publisher:
>
> Top: 0
> Bottom: 0
> Left: .25 inch
> Right: .25 inch
>
> Height: 11 inches
> Width: .5 inch
>
> # accross: 16
> # down:  1
>
> Vertical pitch/gap: 11
> Horizontal pitch/gap: .5
>
> When I try to set this up as a custom setting in Publisher I run into a few
> problems.  1)  It doesn't allow me to go over a value of zero for vertical
> pitch, the template requires a value of 11. 2)  I can't get the # accross & #
> down to match what the template requires.  3) When I enter the data it has
> the number of copies @ 8/sheet & I need it to be 16/sheet.
> --
> Thank you,
>
> KDill
>

> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> What are the dimensions?
>> Avery has a free program that has most of their label sizes.
>> http://www.avery.com/us/Main?action=software.AverySoftwareDetail&catalogcode=WEB01&softwarecode=3200
>>
>> Usually Avery labels have several different numbers but the content will be
>> the
>> same.
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "KDill" <KDill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi - I'm trying to create a custom label from an AVERY template that is not
>> > in publisher.  I have contacted AVERY to get the correct dimensions but am
>> > not able to find the correct place to put them in Publisher.  The Page
>> > Setup
>> > screen does not activate the controls I need to use.  Please advise?
>> > --
>> > Thank you,
>> >
>> > KDill

0
mary-sauer (6480)

CRM 3.0
Hi All, I am writing a custom report for CRM 3.0 to basically copy the My Activities view but display the regarding and To contacts and associated phone numbers. The report is basically done except for a few small issues. I would like to set up the Dynamic Drill-Through so when the person clicks on the Activity Subject it will open the associated Activity record. Unfortunately I have been unable to find the information needed to use in the following code to set the Object Type Code (OTC) to the correct activity type: = Parameters!CRM_URL.Value & "?ID={"&Fields!Activityid...

Code to change label colour
I want a label control of a tickbox on a form to change colour if it is checked, assuming the checked value is YES. I've tried this code but it doesn't work Private Sub txtwithdrawn_AfterUpdate() If Me.txtwithdrawn Is Yes Then Me.txtwithdrawn_Label.ForeColor = 255 End If End Sub Can anyone help me here. Thanks Tony Sorry for posting too swiftly, realised that checked value should be = True and it worked. Thanks Tony "Tony Williams" <tw@invalid.com> wrote in message news:eKob1EoYIHA.220@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I want a label control of a tickbox on a form t...

create a boot disk when I have no floppy drive?
I have the XP Upgrade CD. How do I create a boot disk when I have no floppy drive? Thanks for any help. "Bob Tyrka" <rtyrka@cavtel.net> wrote in message news:PPedndBCv5CT7ZjWnZ2dnUVZ_gqdnZ2d@cavtel.net... > I have the XP Upgrade CD. How do I create a boot disk when I have no > floppy drive? > > Thanks for any help. > What do you need a floppy for? The XP CD is bootable in it's own right... "Bob Tyrka" wrote: > I have the XP Upgrade CD. How do I create a boot disk when I have no floppy > drive? > ...

Create Expression from Func? (3.5 SP1)
Hello: Is there are way to create an Expression from a Func? I don't like cluttering up my method signatures with the whole Expression<Func<TResult, T>> type. I would prefer for callers to simply see Func<TResult, T> instead. I'd like to take a Func and create an Expression from it. Is that possible? Thanks, Travis Parks Jehu Galeahsa wrote: > Hello: > > Is there are way to create an Expression from a Func? I don't like > cluttering up my method signatures with the whole > Expression<Func<TResult, T>> type. I would ...

Import/export custom attributes
I have something that is driving me nuts. I need to import a custom attribute for 600 plus users and then also modify these from time to time. Right now I just need to do the bulk import. I have the user names in a spreadsheet with this ID and it is unique to the user. I need to import that into the AD for everyone. I have looked everywhere and can't figure out how to do it. I am USELESS at scripting with VB, and I tried running some csvde queries but not much luck. can someone help?? thanks!! ...

Create Process
if i call fork() / CreateProcess what is/are duplicated? i know that data space is duplicated for sure how about code space? the code space can be shared to save space.... but the new process may need to do rebasing... so...does the code space also shared? thx Action wrote: >if i call fork() / CreateProcess >what is/are duplicated? >i know that data space is duplicated for sure >how about code space? >the code space can be shared to save space.... >but the new process may need to do rebasing... >so...does the code space also shared? There is no fork in Windows. Creat...

HOWTO create a Mail Merge Template in MSCRM with multiple child records
Hi, I have created successfully a basic Mail Merge template in MS Word in Dynamics CRM 4.0 for Order Entity. My challenge now is how to design a template that retrieves the order details (product and prices) related to the order record? This sounds like a parent-child template. Any idea? On Jun 2, 1:26=A0pm, "Benjie Fallar III" <bfall...@hotmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > I have created successfully a basic Mail Merge template in MS Word in > Dynamics CRM 4.0 for Order Entity. > My challenge now is how to design a template that retrieves the order > details (prod...

Creating a CFormView application produces errors
Using Visual Studio.Net 2003 I have created a C++ MFC application with Single Document Interface and Document/View support, and have changed the base class for the derived View class to CFormView. All other settings are their defaults. When I compile the source code generated, I get an error stating that the base class CRichEditCntrItem is undefined in the declaration of the CRichEditCntrItem derived class. According to the Help, CRichEditCntrItem requires the header afxrich.h If I add this include into the stdafx.H file and recompile, I get a syntax error in the constructor for the CRic...

Looking for a quick way to create a bunch of labels for annual mailing to diverse contacts
Using Office 2004 (11.2), I have numerous contacts that are part of diverse categories (some have not been categorized yet) I would like to create mailing labels for the annual calendar mailing. As of now I figured out how to select a large number of contacts & mark them as part of the annual card category (Command & click) and go to Word's Data Merge Manager where select the main document & then the address book as a data source. I went to Query Options and selected the category that fits (annual card). Now what? ...

Default value for custom field?
How can I populate a custom field with a default value? Specifically, I have a custom field "DisplayName" associated with the Quote Detail object. I want initially to populate this field with the value of the product name field when a new product is added to a quote. The user can then edit the DisplayName custom field if desired. The DisplayName custom field will be used as the product name on a Crystal Reports quote form. ...

Data labels for Excel 2007 Charts
Hi, I have charts that are based on dynamically populated data. I need the data labels for all of these charts to appear with 0 decimal places. The dynamic data populates with 2 decimal places (X.XX). Is there a universal setting I can apply to the worksheet or even the chart itself, so I do not have to go to each data point/data label and set the formatting to 0 decimal places? Thanks, Courtney ...

label printing
There should be a way to print labels from all P.O. being received the same day. to avoid wasting labels. ...

Custom header numbering
Hi all, I have a question about formatting Header numbering throughout a new document (Word 2007). I'm trying to do the following: Heading 1 1.0 Heading 2 1.1 Heading 2 1.1.0 Heading 3 1.1.1 Heading 3 Heading 1 2.0 Heading 2 2.1 Heading 2 2.1.0 Heading 3 ... So it's an outline numbered / multilevel list, where Heading 1 has no numbering, and Heading 2 restarts numbering after a Heading 1 is used. I haven't been able to figure this one out for myselve. Can anyone help me on this one? Regards, Bert -- Neron Follow the instructions at ...

Possible to create a rule to alert on BCC messages?
Using Outlook 2007/Exchange Server 2007 Hello: I sometimes miss that I'm receiving an email as a blind copy. I was hoping to create a rule to alert me when I'm in the BCC field. However, when using the rules wizard, I only see the options regarding my name in the To or CC field. Is there a way to create this that I may be missing? Thank you. In article <#pJLIK1ALHA.4704@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl>, victoria@dig.com says... > > Using Outlook 2007/Exchange Server 2007 > > Hello: > > I sometimes miss that I'm receiving an email as ...

How to create an XML document with XmlTextWriter?
Hi, I'm trying to create an XML document with XMLTextWriter but I want to store it in memory (not write it to a file like so many examples do). I tried the following but with no luck. Should I not user this object for this purpose? Thanks, Dave MemoryStream stm = new MemoryStream() XmlTextWriter writer = new XmlTextWriter(stm, System.Text.Encoding.UTF8) writer.WriteStartDocument() writer.WriteComment("This Is A List of My Books") writer.WriteStartElement("MyBooks") writer.WriteStartElement("Book") writer.WriteAttributeString("ISBN", "1861005...

Create your personal SMS homepage, let friends send FREE text message to your mobile phone by web
Create your personal SMS homepage, let friends send FREE text message to your mobile phone by web Support over 147 countries and ALL languages (unicode encoding) MSG.to provides a unique personal SMS URL for you. It is easy for friends sending text message to you by web. For example, if your name is Lisa, you can register: http://MSG.to/Lisa (you can use this link to see demo) You can also register your mobile phone number as SMS URL like: http://MSG.to/+886913123456 (you can use this link to see demo) Please visit http://msg.to/ for more information. Related keywords: Short Message Serv...

Table headers in a list box (Custom Report)
I have a big table with many fields (more than fifty). They are not in one table but related. Now user's come with a requirement of a separate type of report everyday which has different fields. because of which i have to design a report for them with the required query. I was therefore wondering can i make a form which has two list boxes the one on left side will have all the fields of the table (only headers needed, not data). Users can select multiple no. of fields from that list box which will appear in another list box. Users should be able to then select the order of fi...

How do I view my calendar by a label I've created?
I would like to assign label colors to items in my calendars (for home use) and then be able to view my monthly calendar by one label at a time as I choose. Is there anyway to do this? I have gone through all the help menus and can't find anything. I found instructions on how to create a filtered view, but under the instructions, I have no "Add Filtered View" as one of my options. Any suggestions? View | (Arrange By) | Current View | Customize Current VIew | Filter --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtlefloc...

custom report not showing values
I have uploaded a very simple SRS report that includes "out of box fields" and custom fields. When I run the report, instead of my custom field values showing in the report, I get the id of the value. What am I missing? -Melissa ...

Anyone using Customer Service only, for Helpdesk?
Hi, We're pretty much a microsoft shop (all MS servers, Great Plains etc) and were wondering about using MSCRM for the general IT helpdesk - 6 tech staff covering 375 users. Is that a good idea? Too expensive on licences? Too "big" for just that? Just wanted some opinions. Many Thanks, Daniel. I don't think from a help desk standpoint it fits well. At least an internal IT help desk. "Daniel" <dbremner@nospam.nelson-bakewell.com> wrote in message news:ela50rkxDHA.2136@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > We're pretty much a microsoft shop (a...

can I create a new resume?
I would like to create a new resume. Can you help? This is the Microsoft Excel newsgroup. I am unaware of any newsgroup that provides help with resumes, but perhaps you intended to post in the Microsoft Word newsgroup, in which case, this tutorial may help you: http://www.officearticles.com/tutorials/write_your_resume_in_microsoft_word.htm ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "in need of help." <in need of help.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4245D9F3-C5CF-4C64-A70F-E8930F899954@microsoft.com... >I would like to create a new resume. Can you he...

Butterfly Labels with Zebra LP2824
We are using a Zebra LP2824 label printer, with the butterfly labels. We are scanning the labels with a Symbol LS2208 barcode scanner. the label size is 2.36inches wide and 0.50inches tall. the problems we are encountering is with the longer itemlookupcodes, when the itemlookupcodes get to be a larger size, store operations shrinks the barcode that is printed onto the labels, these shrinked barcodes will not scan with the LS2208 scanner. If we enlarge the space for the barcode to print onto the butterfly, the label ends up printing accross the whole butterfly, but then you cant wrap...

Creating an OWA access only user.
Hello chaps/ladies, The pointy hairs have asked that some one external to our organisation be given access to an email account within our organisation. So my thoughts were to create a user account and lock it down to prevent interactive access to any workstation machines in any way and only allow OWA access, this has prroven trickier than I first assumed. Does anyone have a quick guide going over best practices for this type of situation? TIA. -- Alex Griffin On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 16:26:11 +0100, Alex Griffin <nntpuser@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hello chaps/ladies, > >The pointy...

Bar chart & Category (x) axis labels #2
If you make a bar chart in Excel 2003, and have two columns of text as Category (x) axis labels, the first column is shown vertical and the text in the second column is shown horizontal in the chart. If you open/make the same chart in Excel 97, the text in both columns is shown horizontal. If there is a lot of text, it becomes unreadable when it's vertical. Is this by design or can it be fixed somehow? ...

Quote-like parent-child mail merge possible on custom entities?
I have a client on CRM Online who needs to be able to print out a form document for a CRM record that includes header information from the record as well as a listing of child records from a one to many child entity. The Report Wizard does not give us nearly enough control to print the document in the required form format. The Quote, Order, and Invoice mail merges in CRM do something very similar to what we are trying to accomplish, so apparently it is possible to get this done in CRM. Does anyone know how to accomplish a new mail merge template in CRM that merges a custom parent rec...