Creating book signatures in Pub 2007.

I am laying out a book that I will hand bind.  The book will have 96 pages --
6 signatures of 4 sheets each.  Since I am printing and binding myself, I do
not have the tools that a commercial printer has.

My question is this: is it possible to lay out 6 sections of 16 pages each
in book printing style in one Publisher file?  Currently I have 6 different
files but adjusting flow and moving pages is almost impossible.   I am by no
means a professional printer so it is very important to me that the pages
print out in "folding format" i.e., page 1 & 16 on one side and pages 2 & 15
on the other, etc.

Thanks

Setup your page as a booklet. Publisher automatically presents the pages in the
correct order and will print the pages in the correct order. There is no reason
why you cannot create six sections separately and bind them together.

What size stock are you using? Do you have a duplex unit?

It is possible to convert each of your files to a booklet without having to
copy/paste. Of course there will be some adjusting of margins and pictures.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"BostonScott" <BostonScott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am laying out a book that I will hand bind.  The book will have 96 pages --
> 6 signatures of 4 sheets each.  Since I am printing and binding myself, I do
> not have the tools that a commercial printer has.
>
> My question is this: is it possible to lay out 6 sections of 16 pages each
> in book printing style in one Publisher file?  Currently I have 6 different
> files but adjusting flow and moving pages is almost impossible.   I am by no
> means a professional printer so it is very important to me that the pages
> print out in "folding format" i.e., page 1 & 16 on one side and pages 2 & 15
> on the other, etc.
>
> Thanks

0
mary-sauer (6480)
7/1/2008 9:41:16 AM
BostonScott wrote:
> I am laying out a book that I will hand bind.  The book will have 96 pages --
> 6 signatures of 4 sheets each.
>
> My question is this: is it possible to lay out 6 sections of 16 pages each
> in book printing style in one Publisher file?

Create all 96 pages in one file, with the Booklet setup. When you come
to print, print pages 1 to 16, then 17 to 32, &c; each will
automatically lay out as a separate signature.

(In older versions, you would have to select "Yes" at the "Print as
separate booklet" prompt; this seems to have been done away with in
Publisher 2007.)

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://ed.mvps.org

Thanks again

BostonScott wrote:
> Perfect!  THanks, it was exactly as I needed.  I was dreading having to move
> pages between different sections
>
> Thanks again

You're welcome :) Thanks for the feedback!

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://ed.mvps.org
0
the_nerd (6342)

Need help in accessing a sharepoint site that I created with the AllTemplates.exe
SBS2008 with WSS 3.0 I downloaded the AllTemplates.exe from Microsoft and installed the Helpdesk template. I can acess the Helpdesk site from SBS2008 and add things to it but I can't access it from a workstation. Can anyone help me out? Thanks You mean you can only access the site from the Server in local , right? maybe we need more information such as error message. how about doing "ping" or "tracert" result. can you access a normal web site (not sharepoint site) from the workstation ? do you get an authentication window ? "john doe" wr...

2007 Money Issue
I hope someone can help me here. I previously used Money 2003 on XP. Just received a new PC with Vista. I ordered Money 2007 from the Miscrosoft website. It loads correctly and works fine after install. Once I import my 2003 data or copy the 2003 Money File over the 2007 Money file I begin to have an issue. Money 2007 takes anywhere from 5 to 10 minutes to open the file. I can click bills and calendar but once I click Home it takes another 5 minutes to get there. Any ideas on what could be happening. What is the correct way to upgrade from 2003 to 2007? The file is 7mb? First...

Creating a Campaign Response via Follow-up
When you create a new Task/Phone Call or other activity via the Follow-up tab, the new Activity is associated with the entity you are looking at. (so following up a Contact with a Phone Call will create a Phone Call which is associated with the Contact) This is not the case for the Campaign Response activity - when you create a Campaign Response via the Follow-up tab, the Customer field (ie regarding) is left blank and hence not associated with anyone. Presumably this is a bug - anyone know if there is a hotfix for this? Kind Regards, Paul. ...

All attachments received are corrupt in Outlook 2007
I just installed Office2007 and all attachments that are coming in(PDF, XLS, ZIP) will not open without warnings of corruptions. Media files will not open at all. I am on XP Home with all updates. I must be missing something somewhere. I cannot even get embedded pictures to show. Any ideas how to fix this problem?? thanks "The Ticket" <The Ticket@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C58FC764-9FA6-4A36-9074-F93CE1718EBF@microsoft.com... >I just installed Office2007 and all attachments that are coming in(PDF, >XLS, > ZIP) will not open without warning...

How do I import my address book from my POP 3 Juno account?
I'm hoping to import my address book from my juno email on the web account to Outlook, and then to export it to my new Hotmail account. I seem to be botching it badly, so far. I was able to save my list to 'Recent Documents'. My efforts to COPY and Paste as an individual 'New Contact' result in partial information and the email address, phone number, etc. are missing. Are there step-by-step instructions to accomplish what should be a relatively easy task? Also, it looks as though Outlook has stripped all of my mail from my juno account. How do I send it b...

Creating a summary sheet
I have a spreadsheet that is about 200 rows down and 60 columns accross. I want to create a second summary tab that will pull over only certain columns from the "detail" sheet. As I update the detail sheet I want to also update the summary sheet - so far no problem, but if I add a new row in the detai sheet - how can I also add the same row in the summary sheet and only bring over columns I want on the summary sheet (the columns are not next to each other) Paste link does not insert the row in the summary sheet unless I drag the formulas - which I do not want to do. Is th...

Publisher 2007 Email Anything with pictures
I'm new at this. I want to send out an email to my chapter each month advising of Lunch, cost, location... yadda. I am able to create a wonderful email. I send it and if you have outlook and Yahoo, it comes out o.k. If you open it in AOL or Thunderbird, Everything comes out as separate .jpg. (Borders, Logo, Some of the text) attached to the email. There is one option that I tried and it came out as one .jpg attachment. I have tried all the options to the best of my knowledge. None of the options come out as reading it when you open it in AOL or Thunderbird. Some tex...

Outlood 2007
Boy, do I need help. I''m a novice with a lot of email experience; but this program is throwing me for a loop: It will not allow me to delete an email message out of my inbox. It will not allow me to save a new contact. I can't even delete a calendar reminder. Can you help me? Coachvan1@cox.net "coachvan1@cox.net" <coachvan1@cox.net@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F9D09235-B706-463F-8E51-E22AEE731921@microsoft.com... > Boy, do I need help. > I''m a novice with a lot of email experience; but this program is thr...

Outlook 2007 Not Working after IE8B2 Install
Outlook 2007 has stopped working since I installed IE8 beta 2 I start OL2007 - the "blank" screen and splash are displayed along with a Windows Installer dialogue box with the text "Preparing to install...". I gave it half an hour it just sits there, I killed OL and rebooted, OL asked if I wanted to start in Safe Mode I responded in the affirmative but the Windows Installer window is still there. Neither Task Manager, Process Explorer nor System Explorer show a Task or Process for an installer. The Windows Installer window is owned by the Outlook 2007 process, its ...

Address Book
2007 Outlook failed and I had to create a new profile. I imported my calendar items and contacts from a previously saved PST file. However, even though I have all my contacts my "address book" is empty. How do I create a new address book? Rather, how do I import my contacts into the address book?. Assistance will be appreciated. "Julsie" <Julsie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:76A0E25F-E973-4583-B634-8D68972453CF@microsoft.com... > 2007 Outlook failed and I had to create a new profile. I imported my > calendar > items and c...

2003 code raises error in 2007
I have a reference in VBA to a subform of a subform, which works fine in Access 2003. In Access 2007, however, it results in "you have entered an invalid reference to the property Form/Report." This is the snippet of code: Private Sub SetFormProperties() 'called from form_open, makes all forms editable if edit mode was selected Dim ctrl As Control, ctrlSub As Control Dim frm As Form If Me.OpenArgs = "Edit" Then Set frm = Me 'set main form edit options EditProperties frm 'set subform edit options For Each ctrl In frm If ct...

shared calander and address book ?
Is it possible to do a shared calander and address book with outlook 2003 If using Exchange, easily. If not, then try this page: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.htm --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, john asked: | Is it possible to do a shared calander and address book with outlook | 2003 Not natively, but see if anything here looks promi...

Should be able to create recurring service activities
It would be nice to be able to create recurring service activities and appointments. We use the shared service calendar and other members of my team cannot see when i am carrying out the month end routine each month unless i manually create an appointment for it. It would be most helpful if you could create a recurring appointment or service activity within crm to save time each time you have the same activity. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree&q...

Office 2007 Recovery
Is it possible to recover office 2007 that was installed on an extended partion? Neighbor has windows vista 32 bit on a 320Gb hard Drive partioned as primary and 2 extended partitions. Vista crashed and she reinstalled it but office 2007 and all apps were installed on the extended partion and is there from backup but I cannot get it to start any ideas how to get this working? You need to have the original disks/CDs. There is no other way to get Office back. What people don't know is that it is the registry entries that make office run. Without registry entries, you are...

can't open VB editor in Excel 2007 under Vista
I have a spreadsheet with VB code in it. On my XP PC I can edit it without any problem. On my Vista PC, I can run the code, but if I try to edit it I get "error in loading dll". The VB window opens up, but the modules won't. Also, it used to work - I don't know why it stopped. Can anyone help? Thanks! On Nov 11, 3:42=A0am, "Sandy Rosenberg" <srosenb...@bloomfieldct.deleteme.org> wrote: > I have a spreadsheet with VB code in it. =A0On my XP PC I can edit it wit= hout > any problem. =A0On my Vista PC, I can run the code, but if I try to edit = it...

Address in Public Folder not shows on address book
Hi, Recently we found there are several contact records where recored in Public Folder not able to appear in address book. However I can find them at Public folder from folder list. May I know what happen to my email server? For your information I'm using Exchange Server 5.5. Thanks in advance. Michelle Is the "hide from the address book" check box checked? Look on the properties of the public folder. I believe its under the advanced tab. On Tue, 18 May 2004 01:09:46 -0700, "Michelle" <jiacat@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi, > >Recently we found there ...

how to create emails with sound when opening
how to create emails with sound when opening Buster <Buster@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > how to create emails with sound when opening http://www.howto-outlook.com/Howto/addingsound.htm -- Brian Tillman ...

create customize trendlines
How do you create customize trendlines (w/o doing any additional spreadsheet calculations)? For example, Excel gives you the option of plotting y=m(lnx)+b. I might like to plot y=m(logx)+b instead. Does anyone know any easy way to do this using the trendline option (I've seen graphing programs where you can edit existing curve fits or creat new ones.)? Thanks! ...

Using Access to create an appointment and add attendees
Hi i am using Access to create an appointment in outlook. I have the code for creating the appointment but i am struggling to add attendees. This is what i have so far; DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdSaveRecord Dim objOutlook As Outlook.Application Dim objAppt As Outlook.AppointmentItem Dim objRecurPattern As Outlook.RecurrencePattern Set objOutlook = CreateObject("Outlook.Application") Set objAppt = objOutlook.CreateItem(olAppointmentItem) With objAppt .Start = Est_Finish_Date .Subject = Component ...

Outlook Address Book Email only?
When ever I create a new email and then go to address book, I currently have 2, one is PAB and the other outlook contacts. Now when I create an email and go to address book it looks in PAB, which is fine. If I need to contact someone from within contacts, I change the address book to contacts, however what I see is all contacts that have an email and a fax number, and I do not know if I have selected the email address until after I have added it to the To, CC or Bcc box. Is it possible to set outlook up so that when I am creating an new email and go to address book it only shows me contacts wi...

Error 0x80040604: A folder by this name already exists
Hi All, About 3 weeks ago, I started getting this error message (Folder:Inbox Synchronizing headers. 'reported error (0x80040604) : 'A folder by this name already exists.') in Outlook 2007 when trying to sync up a couple of hotmail accounts I have. Figuring it may have just been a random error message, I restarted both Outlook and my machine, but to no avail, the error did not go away. Anyone seen this message before and know how to resolve it? Thanks, Drew forgot to add that I do have SP1 installed for Office 2007. "Drew W" <Blah@Blah.com> wrote in messa...

Processing Date in Money 2007 Broken?
I recently upgraded to 2007, and noticed that all of my on-line bill payments are showing the date as the "Processing Date". I verified in the global settings for "Online service settings" that the option "Enter electronic payments in the register with the processing date" is unchecked. Is anyone else experiencing this behavior? Sounds like a bug. same thing here. is there a fix? "Greg" wrote: > I recently upgraded to 2007, and noticed that all of my on-line bill payments > are showing the date as the "Processing Date". I veri...

MS Access 2007 User permissions
How can I restrict some users accessing specific forms/tables? Since 2007 removed user level security; how can 2007 handle this? It cannot be done for tables. For forms you can roll your own security by integrating with Windows login username. But since the users can get to the table that would store this information, it isn't 100% foolproof. The alternative is to code each form with specific permissions for each user. To get the Windows login credentials, see: http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0008.htm -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.acces...

Creating new company
I am trying to create a new company (I already have Fabricom installed). During the creation of the company - the Program crashes as "Create Company Information". I am running GP 10 on a standalone XP machine. I just need to create a couple more test companies, but it is becoming a challenge. The Fabricom works fine - but I would like a test company with a different set of data. "microsoft dynamics GP has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the the inconveneince" Thanks Hi NFP, Have you registered your installation of GP? Have installed ...

Outlook 2002
Office XP sp3 (Outlook 2002) non Exchange I have a network user who cannot create an appointment in his Outlook Calendar. In Day/Week/Month view, you can type in an appointment, but within a few seconds of hitting Enter, the label disappears and nothing more appears to happen. The monthly calendar shows bold, indicating an appointment for the date, and trying to enter another appointment on the same time on the same day generates a warning that there is an existing appointment. However there is no visible sign of the appointment. Now this is not an exchange setup, but the user has a ro...