Creating and updating a Table of Contents in MS Publisher 2003

Last year my department started using MS Publisher to create and update
training materials for three call centers.  One big drawback (the only one
I've found so far!) is that unlike MS Word I have been unable to create an
automatic Table of Contents, therefore, we've been creating them manually
then updating them each time we need to update the materials (which is
frequently).

Isn't there some easier way to do this?

--
Sharon
0

As you have found out, Publisher does not support TOC. Word is more suitable for
this.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Sharon" <Sharon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Last year my department started using MS Publisher to create and update
> training materials for three call centers.  One big drawback (the only one
> I've found so far!) is that unlike MS Word I have been unable to create an
> automatic Table of Contents, therefore, we've been creating them manually
> then updating them each time we need to update the materials (which is
> frequently).
>
> Isn't there some easier way to do this?
>
> --
> Sharon

0
mary-sauer (6480)
4/11/2007 8:56:19 PM
Thanks for your reply, Mary.  I knew the answer before I asked it, but I
thought there must certainly be a 'work-around' that I was missing.  Although
I've used Word previously, with the amount of graphics we work with,
Publisher is SO-O-O much better.
Sharon
--
Sharon

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> As you have found out, Publisher does not support TOC. Word is more suitable for
> this.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Sharon" <Sharon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Last year my department started using MS Publisher to create and update
> > training materials for three call centers.  One big drawback (the only one
> > I've found so far!) is that unlike MS Word I have been unable to create an
> > automatic Table of Contents, therefore, we've been creating them manually
> > then updating them each time we need to update the materials (which is
> > frequently).
> >
> > Isn't there some easier way to do this?
> >
> > --
> > Sharon

0
Sharon1 (141)
4/12/2007 1:54:03 AM
I know Publisher does a far better job with graphics, but Publisher was never
designed to be a long document creator. Too bad Word isn't more graphic friendly
or Publisher isn't more word processor friendly.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

> Thanks for your reply, Mary.  I knew the answer before I asked it, but I
> thought there must certainly be a 'work-around' that I was missing.  Although
> I've used Word previously, with the amount of graphics we work with,
> Publisher is SO-O-O much better.
> Sharon
> --
> Sharon
>

> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> As you have found out, Publisher does not support TOC. Word is more suitable
>> for
>> this.
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "Sharon" <Sharon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Last year my department started using MS Publisher to create and update
>> > training materials for three call centers.  One big drawback (the only one
>> > I've found so far!) is that unlike MS Word I have been unable to create an
>> > automatic Table of Contents, therefore, we've been creating them manually
>> > then updating them each time we need to update the materials (which is
>> > frequently).
>> >
>> > Isn't there some easier way to do this?
>> >
>> > --
>> > Sharon

0
mary-sauer (6480)

Take a look at security pack for MS Windows
--yibeujjlfx Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="vyjaaasi"; type="multipart/alternative" --vyjaaasi Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="mxqquhmmrnwjoq" --mxqquhmmrnwjoq Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to protect your...

Exchange update problem

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

Password Issue with MS Money 2003

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2