Creating a printable glossary

  Any ideas for creating a glossary/dictionary for printout (to be included
in a manual) would be appreciated.  I have MS Word and Excel (not Publisher).
 I'd like to be able to catagorize each entry (the glossary will be
industry-specific, but different departments have their own abbreviations,
terms).  And, I'll be adding to it periodically, so it must be sortable.
  Doing a search on Microsoft's help sites wasn't (as usual) helpful, as the
search points to *their own* glossarys and dictionarys for Microsoft
products, which of course is not what I need.
  Thanks

Setup a database in Excel and merge.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Receptionist" <Receptionist@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>  Any ideas for creating a glossary/dictionary for printout (to be included
> in a manual) would be appreciated.  I have MS Word and Excel (not Publisher).
> I'd like to be able to catagorize each entry (the glossary will be
> industry-specific, but different departments have their own abbreviations,
> terms).  And, I'll be adding to it periodically, so it must be sortable.
>  Doing a search on Microsoft's help sites wasn't (as usual) helpful, as the
> search points to *their own* glossarys and dictionarys for Microsoft
> products, which of course is not what I need.
>  Thanks

0
gsauer (5093)

creating rule based on date email received
I would like to create a rule to move message to a specific folder based on their received date - i.e. anything older than 7 days, move to this folder. Can rules be made based on a general date, or do you need to put in specific dates for it to work. I do not want to archive the email, just move it to a separate folder for later review. Any help is appreciated. Thanks! "Diana" said in news:6b0b01c3e69d$9d45ff10$a001280a@phx.gbl: > I would like to create a rule to move message to a > specific folder based on their received date - i.e. > anything older than 7 days, ...

Income differences while creating a Budget
I am new to MS Money 2005. I am trying to create a Budget. I input my monthly income, click Done and in the Budget Summary page, it has my income less than what I input. This is probably a simple question, but I can not for the life of me figure it out. Thank you for any help you can give me. Rhonda ...

New E-Mail User created with recovery mail store?
We have SBS 2003. I have been adding users witht he wizard without any trouble until recently. When I add the most recent user, the user is linked to the Recovery Storage Group instead of the First Storage Group. Also the recover Storage group is not mounted. My questions are: 1) What can I change to have my new users linked to the First Storage Group? 2) Should the Recovery Storage Group be mounted? Thank you for your assistance. Robert On Mon, 2 May 2005 13:32:05 -0700, "Robert1105" <Robert1105@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We have SBS 2003. I have been a...

How do you create a cumulative line graph?
I would like to know how to create a cumulative Line Graph in Word or Excel. Please advise. great a separate column where you accumulate your numbers, then graph that. -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy "Ray" <Ray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F7AB36D6-9329-4C9B-98C3-5EDCAEE3C5F4@microsoft.com... > I would like to know how to create a cumulative Line Graph in Word or Excel. > Please advise. Another possibility (although you said line) is to create an Area chart. Select the stacked option in the Chart wizard. -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy "Ray" <...

cannot open excel file
I go to open an excel spreadsheet that was working perfectly fine on Friday (it is now Monday), and I get the following error message (regardless of Macro settings): "EXCEL.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program. An error log is being created." I did a search of all "*.log" files on my computer, and the only one modified at the same time as the error is drwtsn32.log. Here's the entry I get from the log file: "Application exception occurred: App: (pid=624) When: 6/6/2005 @ 10:28:51.290 ...

Quick Create 06-01-04
is it possible to add more items to the QUick Create menu? ...

find affected tables when creating a new record in CRM frontend
How can I find out what tables which new record has been added on when I enter data through a form in CRM front end? I try to find way to map form in the CRM frontend to the tables at the CRM database at backend? It is CRM 3.0 Thank in advances for help! On Nov 9, 12:12=A0pm, VistaUser123 <sunmapleleaf...@yahoo.com> wrote: > How can I find out what tables which new record has been added on when I > enter data through a form in CRM front end? I try to find way to map form= in > the CRM frontend to the tables at the CRM database at backend? It is CRM = 3.0 > > Thank in...

Create Array for Data Source
I'm trying to create a goal or target line that displays on a line chart. In the past, I would create an additional row in my spreadsheet and enter the goal number (say, 80%) in every column. I've noticed in some chart examples a source data range that looks like {.80,.80,.80}. It made me wonder if there is a way that I can dynamically create an array (either in the chart source data or on the spreadsheet in a single cell) that adjusts in size based on the number of data points in the other data range. Any help would be appreciated. - John To draw a straight line, you only need t...

Macro to add numbers to create combinations that equal certain amo
Thank you for your assistance. I receive a list of numbers, usually over one hundred items. I need to find out which amounts will add up to a given total. How would I create a macro to do this? Is there already an Excel function to do this that I have not found? It would need to work with currency. Ex: 9, 12, 7, 4, 15, 8, 10, 3 total needed 18 Solution 8+10; 3+15 Lauren, With a hundred different items, there are over 2^100 possible ways to combine them. You would need a supercomputer - or maybe even multiple supercomputers. If you had fewer than 25, you could do it. HTH, Bernie...

Problems creating a new Public Folder Store
I have a problem where I cannot mount a new public folder file (e.g. none exists and it is a fresh install and file) I am getting: The Microsoft Exchange Information Store service could not find the specified object ID no: c1041722 Exchange System Manager I have worked through all of the articles from MS Support, but the issue doesn't seem to be related to the permissions. The only thing out of the ordinary is that this is a small business server. Thanks Alot! http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;555146 ...

How do I create a comparison chart from a data list?
I want to create a bar chart. On the left is a list of services. Each bar represents a company. Each company will be shown in the chart to offer services up to a certain point, so the bars will get increasingly longer until you get to the bar for my company which shows the longest bar because it offers the most services. Any idea how to structure my data to get this type of chart? -comic guy I don't know if this will work for you? Just a suggestion +------------------------------------------------------------------- |Filename: Services.zip ...

How do I create a "fixed-width" datafile?
I need to create a fixed-width file from an Excel .xls file to import into my FedEx shipping software. How may I save or convert my file into a fixed field datafile? Thanks in advance, Alex If you don't have too long a line (no more than 240 characters per line), try saving a copy of your workbook as a .prn file. Look in the Save As Type box: Formatted Text (Space delimited)(*.prn) I like to change to Courier New font and resize the columns the way I like. Alex K wrote: > > I need to create a fixed-width file from an Excel .xls file to import into my > FedEx shipping...

Remove unused members when creating 2005 local cubes
I need to create a windows application in which I can programmatically create local cubes from SQL Server 2005 databases using C#. I was able to do this in SQL Server 2000, but I cannot get the same results after upgrading to 2005 because the CREATE GLOBAL CUBE command does not slice the data as it did in 2000. In other words, I get all accounts that exists in the company as opposed to only accounts that belong to the user. This extra data kills browsing performance. Can this be done using XMLA or AMO? If so, any examples would be appreciated. -- DCount -- DCount ...

Non printable fonts
I would like to know is there a way to format text that is can be display but will not print when send to print. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ One solution I've seen on this is a macro code in the BeforePrint event that sets the color of selected cells equal to the background color, usually white. Or, you can use a textbox from the Drawing toolbar and deselect "Print object" in its properties. -- HTH. Best wishes Harald Followup to new...

Excel OCX/ActiveX Visual Controls for creating a Excel Dashboard/Scorecard
Hello All I want to create a Excel dashboard and I would like to use some ActiveX/OCX controls like a gauge, dial, slider and stereo bars,etc to display data visually in Excel. Can you please share if you know of some sites where we can get a free download of these controls or we can get a trial version we can evaluate and buy them. Also, if possible your experiences with these kind of visual ActiveX/OCX controls. Thanks Belinda Belinda Funnily enough I've been playing around with some ActiveX controls today which sound like the sort you're after. I've got Ahead Nero Burning...

maintaining the vtbl pointer in each object created..
I have a class, say PERSON. This calss has 2 virtual functions and 1 data member. When a new object of this class is created on the heap, a virtual table pointer(vtbl) will be maintained in the object. If I construct say another 10 objects, each object will maintain its own virtual table pointer. Thus 11 objects of same class now have 1 pointer each implies 1 pointer * 4 bytes * 11 objects = 44 bytes used. Why is it not that this pointer be maintained in a static variable maybe globally and all the objects of the class refer to it, rather than maintaining 4 bytes with each object? Please...

TMP File Created in Addition to Document Saved
I have a user with a new computer running XP o/s and Office 2000 SP3. Her default file location for Excel is on the network (Novell)to her personal home directory. After modifying a workbook and then saving, an additional file is getting created with how the workbook looked before the modification. The additional file getting saved uses the same name but then adds ~*****.tmp (not actually **** but what appears to be random alph/numeric characters...example rf1c7a38). This never used to be the case on her prior system (95 with Office 2000 SR1). She has full rights on her home direc...

Create a new list that singles out duplicate numbers
Hi all. Does anybody know if you can create a list of numbers based on another set. E.g. I have a list 1234 1234 1234 1234 1235 1235 1235 1101 1101 1000 1000 What I want to do is create a list that only shows the first occurence of each number in a new list (lets say the one above appears in column A, the new list should appear in column B) -- moglione1 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ moglione1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26414 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=...

Creating a form #3
Can I creat a Form in Publisher? I am able to create a form in MS Word 2000 that people can just check off boxes. I am using Publisher 98, and I'm wondering if any later versions are able to create these same forms. Thank you. Publisher 98 has business form templates. Try adapting one of them for your own needs. All versions of Publisher have business form templates. There are others on the Office web site, but Publisher 98 is not compatible with those. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.ip...

Creating Case using web services

Creating chart.
I can't believe I have to ask this question. I have been using Excel for ages, but for some reason this is eluding me. I want to make a simple bar chart comparing usage per month. I want each bar to be labeled a certain month at the bottom. Something like this (I hope this comes through): U | S| A | G | E|______________________ Jan Feb Mar Each time I do it, the months are in the series labels, but they only go in the legend. When I try and label the series, it puts the date in the chart on top of the bars to where you cannot read it. What am I mi...

Create toolbar icon to send mail from specific account
I use Outlook 2003 with multiple internet e--mail accounts. I'd like to set up different icons on the toolbar to send mail from different accounts with one click. Is this possible? Many thanks. CJ You do know that you can click the Accounts button on the toolbar in a new mail message to choose the sending account, right? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:XKadnesptJbLi7TdRVn-hg@giganews.com, CJ wrote: > I use Outlook 2003 with multiple i...

Create a chart of totals over time?
I have a worksheet containing a User Type column and a Date/Time column. The User Type is a code between 0 and 9. The Date/Time is formatted as mm-dd-yyyy hh:mmAM/PM. Example: USER TYPE DATE/TIME 0 12-07-2009 11:09AM 0 12-07-2009 11:09AM 2 12-07-2009 11:09AM 1 12-07-2009 11:09AM 9 12-08-2009 1:19PM 2 12-08-2009 1:19PM 2 12-08-2009 1:19PM 0 12-09-2009 11:52AM 1 12-09-2009 11:52AM 9 12-09-2009 11:52AM As you can see, User Types can occur multiple times for each Date/Time value. I need to create a chart of the total number of type 0 and type 9 users over time. S...

Creating Security Checklist
All, I am trying to create a security checklist for e-mail clients, especially for Outlook. Does anyone has any ideas what should be included in that list?? Any input is appreciated!! Thanks Stefan Hi, Could you be more specific ??? Hope this helps !!! With Regards, Sudharson.AN "Stefan Graf" <Graf.Stefan@t-online.de> wrote in message news:exP21BH$DHA.4060@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > All, > > I am trying to create a security checklist for e-mail clients, especially > for Outlook. > > Does anyone has any ideas what should be included in that list?? >...

create an acess report from multiple exel files
Hello guys, I have billing statements that are all done in exel with a template and stored in folders by month order. At the end of the month, I need to make a report giving: name, account number, payment due. This information is stored in the same cell in each bill as a template is used. I am doing it manually by opening each individual exel file and copy information and paste to another spreadsheet to create my report. Is it possible to extract some data from multiple exel files and create a report? Does anyone have any idea how to work around this? I really appreciate your time ...