creating a multilevel numbering sysem

I'm trying to create a multileve numbering system
ex:  100, 100.1, 100.1.1, 100.2, 200, 200.1, 2001.1, 200.2, and so on. I
would like to have at least 3-4 tiers under each number that would
automatically number.

0
V (85)

And you want this in Publisher?
I don't think so...

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"v" <v@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm trying to create a multileve numbering system
> ex:  100, 100.1, 100.1.1, 100.2, 200, 200.1, 2001.1, 200.2, and so on. I
> would like to have at least 3-4 tiers under each number that would
> automatically number.

0
mary-sauer (6480)
4/4/2007 5:12:08 PM
This sounds like the sort of system used in museums, for instance:

1965.522.3.a

indicates the year the object was accessioned, the sequential number of
accession, the page (of a bound volume), and the side (front or back).

In the collection management database, each segment is palced in a separate
field. So it sounds like you need to set up something in Access, rather than
Publisher.

Bruce

"v" wrote:

> I'm trying to create a multileve numbering system
> ex:  100, 100.1, 100.1.1, 100.2, 200, 200.1, 2001.1, 200.2, and so on. I
> would like to have at least 3-4 tiers under each number that would
> automatically number.

0
Brucels (98)

How to sort random numbers in columns
I need to insert numbers out of order in columns, how can I sort them into correct order in columns. Select your range and do Data|sort??? (Not sure if I understood the real question, though.) webehere wrote: > > I need to insert numbers out of order in columns, how can I sort them into > correct order in columns. -- Dave Peterson That doesn't work. I have approx 5000 items to scan into a file, they are numbered 1 thru 5000. i have to scan them out of order. I want to keep a list of scanned items in numerical order. but, I have to scan them at random. I need to enter t...

Random binomial numbers
Is there a way to generate random binomial distribution numbers in Excel? I know about the Analysis Toolpak generator, but it is faulty. Here is an example of what I want. Let's a baseball player is a .300 hitter. For N=10, I would like the generator to return (on average), zero 2.8% of the time, one 12.1% of the time, two 23.3%, three 26.7% etc, which are the binomial probabilities. Thanks for any help. Using Excel 97. Ken Suppose C1 contains the probability of success (0.3 in your example). Suppose F1:F11 contain the values 0..10. Then, in D1 enter =COMBIN(10,F1)*$C$1^(F1)...

elegant way of converting number to string,
ULONG x = 0x1234; SetWindowText(CString(x)); would this work? any graceful of converting number to string? instead of using _itoa? thx, OK, format, not bad. "Patrick Zou" <patrick_zou@no_spam_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ezBKaiCREHA.568@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > ULONG x = 0x1234; > SetWindowText(CString(x)); > > would this work? any graceful of converting number to string? instead of > using _itoa? > > thx, > > CString s; s.Format(_T("%d"), x); SetWindowText(s); The constructor you use will initialize the string to the content...

Format numbers in Textbox
I have a textbox that is linked to a cell. That cell contains currency type data. How do I set the formatting of the text box to carry over that data and format it with $ and ,'s Text boxes treat everything as text, even when entries appear numeric. So there is no built-in number formatting option available. -- Jim "stickandrock" <stickandrock@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AD1D92B7-7079-4D18-81C4-A68CA58ADD20@microsoft.com... |I have a textbox that is linked to a cell. That cell contains currency type | data. How do I set the formatting of th...

just created outlook
i like my individual email accounts but when i created outlook it requested one. so i put an email address in...well my problem is i wanted to put a different one in and now i cant put all the emails back since outlook took all of them Outlook is a mail handler, not an 'account' If you set up a pop mail account in outlook, then it would download all msgs, that is what a pop account does. If you are saying you no longer have access to these msgs on your web interface, the only way of recovering them is by sending/forwarding them to that mail address. If your mail address suppor...

Number of lines in the Immediate Window
Is there any way to increase the number of lines that can be displayed in the Immediate Window? Thanks Drag it up/down so the displayed lines increases. -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "Mike" <mikea365h@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:LtadndPqnc_wDGnWnZ2dnUVZ_qWdnZ2d@pghconnect.com... > Is there any way to increase the number of lines that can be displayed in > the Immediate Window? > > Thanks > Thanks Dave. I realize that you can use the scroll bars but there is a limit to the number of lines that will scroll. It ...

automatically number invoice
I have developed an invioce template in Excel and I want to get this invoice to automatically number the invioce. Is there a simple function to do this? Thanks in advance Take a look here for some fairly simple macros: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/sequentialnums.html In article <0EECC85F-4DC0-47BE-8F80-4D8C8B7816F0@microsoft.com>, "Richard" <Richard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have developed an invioce template in Excel and I want to get this invoice > to automatically number the invioce. Is there a simple function to do this? > Thanks in...

How to stop excel replaceing numbers with the date?
One way is to precede the entry with an apostrophe ('). HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- > >. > If it is fractions, try preceding with 0 and then a space before the fraction. -- HTH Bob Phillips "Jamescowles" <Jamescowles@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:739C51F1-115C-4133-A27E-DB56300532EF@microsoft.com... > ...

Query to group similar number combinations?
I'm trying to create a make-table query that will group records by two fields. The fields, named "Left" and "Right," both contain 4-digit identification numbers, and each combination of the two fields should identify a unique individual. Unfortunately, data entry/recording errors are pretty common in these fields. The point of the query is to assign a unique, single-field ID to each individual, using the primary key from the table created by this query. In a perfect world, I could just group records by "Left" and "Right," add the results...

Customer/ Account Number on Purchase Orders?
I'm wondering if there is a place where my customer number can be placed on the PO I send to my suppliers. It would seem to be easier on the supplier when they receive my faxed PO to be able to look me up by my customer number. Since the customer number is always on their invoices it seems to me that suppliers would prefer that. That information is already in the supplier database. There is a modified PO template on customersource that does this. Just look for 'Store Operations Modified Purchase Orders' In the Reports Library. Craig "mdmpshop" <mdmpshop@discuss...

Pending Shipping record not created.
If I create a $0 invoice a pending shipping record is not created. If I want to send something for promotion, but track it, the system will not create a pending shipping record. For instance, if I ring up wiget A, and change the price to $0, and change the shipping quote to $0, a pending shipping record does not get created. Anyone know if there is anyway to modify this? Is the pending shipping record created with a trigger that can be modified somehow? Thanks, Nick techsupport@realkiteboarding.com REAL Kiteboarding.com www.realkiteboarding.com As far as I know, you can have shippin...

Stop numbering rows for Titles
Hello, I would like counting of the rows to start at row 5, instead of row 1, because it is just titles that do not need to be counted, in other words, there is no data until row 5. How do I do this? What does "counting" mean? How do you use the count? -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Volunteer_Atwork" <Volunteer_Atwork@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B88A41EF-6149-414B-BE1B-F02F4A4EDF69@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > I would like counting of the rows to start at row 5, instead of row 1, > becau...

Excel 97
I was given an Excel 97 spreadsheet that performs calculations on dat pasted in from Access. The problem is it limits the maximum number o records (rows) to 800. If more records are pasted in from Access, th Excel program executes with errors. I don't know the method used t place the 800 record restriction but I would like to increase it to larger number. I've tried going to Tools, Macro, Macros where I fin the program but I can't identify what causes the restriction so that can increase the number of rows. I'm new to Excel, so please excuse m if this is a dumb question ...

Excel, change column of negative numbers to positive numbers?
If I need to quickly change an entire column (800 rows) of negative numbers to positive numbers, what is the easiest way. I tried the paste special multiply by -1, but it didn't work, I'm probably doing it wrong. If your data is in A1:A10 and -1 is in B1, then copy B1, select A1:A10 and click edit/paste special/multiply. "Nita" wrote: > If I need to quickly change an entire column (800 rows) of negative numbers > to positive numbers, what is the easiest way. I tried the paste special > multiply by -1, but it didn't work, I'm probably doing it wrong...

How to create retainer account?
I have certain amounts of money that are spent at one location for a month. I'd like to setup something in Money 2004 that allows me to track how money in these accounts are distributed. For example, say I will spend money on these two services each month: Oct 2006 ServiceA $300 ServiceB $100 In September 2006, I'd like to apply the above money as spent and my checking account appear $400 less. Through out Oct, I will gradually spend the $400 but want to track how it is spent. For example: Oct 10 - ServiceA $50 Oct 12 - ServiceB $75 Oct 19 - ServiceA $100 and so on. As I spend...

Outlook2000 Rules Wizard Cant create new
If I click new in the rules wizard outlook crashes win XP All service packs are upto date I have even uninstalled office 2000 suite and reinstalled - no success applying all updates again - no success I checked the wizard after each update but outlook crashes every time I have also noticed that clicking import/export also crashes it as does show office assistant any ideas? ...

why can't I divide number with time value?
I'm trying to make a little sheet that counts for example points / hour. I calculate spent time as "ending time - starting time". And now when I'm trying to divide my "points" with this with time spent excel gives me an error. I guess this solution is simple, but I just didn't get it myself -Sirritys Multiply your duration by 24 to get decimal hours points_per_hour = points / (ending time - starting time)*24 HTH -- AP "Sirritys" <aki.koikkalainen@hotmail.com> a �crit dans le message de news: 1151999017.375422.290850@j8g2000cwa.googlegrou...

How to create a HTMP report ?
Hello. I'm working with VC++6 and would like my application able to create a small HTML report with titles and some text. Could you please give me some ideas ? with many thanks. Marc. Hmm, and what is your problem? Just open text file, and generate html by writing instructions directly. 1. You have to know at least basics of html 2. First create several reports manually to get design etc. Next use this samples for generation. Igor Green http://www.grigsoft.com/ Compare It! + Synchronize It! - files and folders comparison never was easier! Marc Loiry wrote: > Hello. > &g...

Create Process and Window Focus
Hello, I use create process in my MDI application to open a 3rd party browser. I block my applicaiton until the 3rd party browser is closed. When I close the 3rd party process, I want to go back to my application smoothly. However, there is a flicking program. It looks that the second most application (after mine) is shown before my application is shown. It is very ugly flickering. Why isn't the focus got back to my application, without showing other windows? The code I use is as follow: ======================================================= bRetVal = CreateProcess(filename,commandL...

How can I convert positive numbers to negative in Excel??
Without adding a formula, does anyone know how to highlight a column of numbers and reverse them from postive to negative without having to change each cell individually? Hi - enter '-1 in an empty cell - copy this cell - select your data - goto 'Edit - Pase Special' and choose 'Multiply' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Alma" <Alma@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:F0BFF07D-B98D-4607-B276-09A9706537FA@microsoft.com... > Without adding a formula, does anyone know how to highlight a column of > numbers and reverse the...

all the cells in excell put 2 decimal points in all numbers no ma.
i have to put 5 diget numbers in excel i format the cell to general and i get a number with 2 decimal points for me to enter 68555 i have to enter it as 68555.00 to get it to due away with the decimal point i reinstalled excel 2ooo but i can't seam to get it to go back to what it use to be. this problem justed popped up . never did this before Sounds like you need to turn off fixed decimals, if I understand your problem. Use Tools/Options/Edit and deselect Fixed Decimals. Bob Umlas Excel MVP "carroll616" <carroll616@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E...

Third Automatic Bullet or Number Is Left-Aligned
I am using Word 2003 and am finding that the third automatic bullet is left aligned, although the bullets or numbers above it are indented. Any suggestions on solving this problem would be much appreciated. I have followed the instructions presented in the support article foreword 2007, but this did not workhttp://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/183002?p=1 See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/NumberAlignment2007.htm. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "e125" <e125@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5168D3AE-04E5-401B-AD90-A2C4782...

Sumif formulas creating large files and significantly increasing save time
I have a workbook that contains 1,000 rows. The workbook has months accross (from Jan-01 to present). There are 'Sumif' formulas in every cell for every month. When the workbook was first created it would save on demand. However, the file now takes approximately 2 - 3 minutes to save. I suspect the numerous 'Sumif' formulas carry a lot of overhead. What can I do to get it to save faster. Note: The Sumif formulas are linking to data in another workbook ...

How to create just 1 inbox
Outlook 2007 I manage 8 email accounts, some are gmail (imap or pop3) and others are only pop3 accessible. My main (default) email is my gmail account. I've configured gmail in outlook via IMAP and it's working perfectly, however Outlook has created a separate set of mailboxes for this account (separate from those in my 'Personal Folders'. I would like all accounts to have their received messages in one single inbox, but when I REPLY to those messages, the 'from' address should be from the account that the message was originally delivered to. How can I...

Time difference in created records.
Hi, When I create a note or record in CRM through the client, when i take the time at record creation, and after it has been saved to the database, the properties show that the record was created two hours earlier. Both the client and the server are in the same time zone, and both their clocks are identical. Any ideas? Thanks Is the server time set correctly? (Did somebody screw up daylight savings time, and go the wrong way?) >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > >When I create a note or record in CRM through the client, >when i take the time at record creation, and a...