Creating a link to the text in a textbox

In some of the Publisher templates (Newsletters), the text in the footer is
automatically updated when the text in another textbox (for Instance "Volume
1, N 1") changes. How can I create such a link? I do not find a field such as
StyleRef, I cannot refer to the contents of a bookmark as you can do in Word,
and paste link within the publication does not work????

RM
0
RM (25)

the Personalize Workplace link, has disappeared.
the Personalize Workplace link, Under Workplace, has disappeared. any ideas why, and how can i return it? I don't believe it's a permissions issue, since it happened to users with the system administrator's role, as well... Thanks in advance. Amit, So that I understand, you are referncing the personalize workplace link on the left hand side of work place. This picture might help: http://availabletech.net/docs/ng/PersonalizeWorkplaceLink.JPG I can tell you that there are no KBs about this. You may want to try rerunning the CRM install to correct and error that might have oc...

wrapping text in powerpoiont charts
how do io wrap text in charts so the wording does not run together ...

Referencing a table with blank rows without creating extra rows ?
Hi, here is something that should be much simpler to accomplish but somehow is very difficult to figure out. Basically, for simplicity's sake, let's say I have a simple spreadsheet shown in TABLE 1 below which has Mon-Fri in one column and dollar of sales in the second column. But the catch is that each row is separated by two blank rows. So say I would like to reference these cells below but without skipping two rows and instead have it one after another (Monday in first row, Tuesday in second, etc.) just like in TABLE 2. Unfortunately, this is not possible by saying =A1 in the fir...

open an email via a database link
I am using Access/Outlook 2003. I want to be able to capture metadata about emails received in a resource account. I can do this via a linked table in Access to the Inbox from Outlook. When the users are looking to see (via the Access database) what emails have come in and need to be responded to, I want them to be able to click on a link in the Access form that will show the information about the email, and have the specific Outlook email open. Is this possible? Thanks. ...

Customized Text Fields
I am having a problem seeing the data from customized text fields in the Resource Usage view. For example I have a text field for charge numbers that are assigned to each task. I can view it in the Ghantt Chart. However, when I go to the Resource Usage view and insert that text column the data doesn't appear. -- DJW In article <2A53FDE3-F008-4134-838C-268B567209F8@microsoft.com>, DWilliams <DWilliams@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am having a problem seeing the data from customized text fields in the > Resource Usage view. For example I...

Why won't this 17 line program link?
My test program below compiles and links fine on my old Visual C++ 6.0, but doesn't work on Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition I just installed. (I also installed SP1 for C++ 2005 and SDK) Here's the program: #include "stdafx.h" #include <windows.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <stdio.h> void main() { char unibuf[] = "This is a test"; BOOL bResult; int lpTests; lpTests = (IS_TEXT_UNICODE_ODD_LENGTH | IS_TEXT_UNICODE_ILLEGAL_CHARS); bResult = IsTextUnicode( unibuf, 14, ...

How do I create a combination graph with stackedColumns+lineGraph
I'm trying to create a custom graph which has both stacked columns bar graph and also a line graph. I know excel has a combination graph with a bar graph and a line graph, but there is no option for a stacked bar and a line Any ideas? plot the data you want to be a line as part of the stacked column chart Select the data set on the chart got to <chart><Chart type and select <line> and select the details You wil now have a stacked cart with a line. "ChartQuestion" wrote: > I'm trying to create a custom graph which has both stacked columns bar graph &...

Delete a benefit after it is set up and linked to payroll
Is there a way to break a link from the benefit to the deduction or benefit code in Dynamics? We have some codes that are Insurance, but should be miscellaneous types... thanks -- Doug ...

Cannot create Offline Address List
In Exhcange System Manager, I go to the Recipients folder, right click on Offline Addres Lists, Choose new > Offline Address List. I type in a name, but the Offline address list server field is grayed out and the Browse button is unresponsive. I can trace this issue to the point when a decommissioned Exchange 5.5 Administrative group was removed by deleting in adsiedit. This is not a tragic problem, but causing issues with the user base through Outlook error 0x8004010f. The siteFolderServer attribute on the 2K3 administrative group was listed in adsiedit as the old 5.5 exchange se...

create proxy client class or web service method without using wsdl
Hi, Is it possible to create a proxy client class or a web service method by VS.NET without using wsdl? My stupid client is using a xml schema (.xsd) to describe all their web service methods (and my webmethods) by Java (Apache toolkit) instead of using WSDL. What should I do? Thanks a lot! Raymond Raymond, Yes, you can create a proxy by hand, but it may take a little bit of work, depending on how complex their message types are. It would be fairly simple for RPC formatted messages with primitive parameter types, but may require some work for document-literal messages. The best way to ge...

Linking a defined named range to Word
My Excel and Word documents are linked. Whenever I change a cell in Excel (for example E4), its new value appears updated in my Word document. However, if I insert a row before row 4, the cell that is linked is still E4 and not E5. I want that E5 be the new cell linked. I'm thinking of using defined names instead of cells, the same way that I use when programming a function in VBA. But I have not still figured out how to do it. Can anybodu help? Your help is highly appreciated. ...

Excel file minimizes whan a linked file launched
I have an excel file with a number of linked files. Whenever a linked file is launched, the Excel file is minimized. It becomes a nuisance very quickly. Is there a way to stop it minimizing? Android. ...

How to create a 'Deadletter' policy for messages without recipients
Hello Everyone, I would like to retain ALL messages sent to my domain, even if no recipient exists. I've seen this done before where all messages sent to OurCompany.com that weren't sent to an existing user were dumped into a public folder for review by a part time employee that would route the messages. This would help us in cases where we haven't set up an account for an employee that existed on the old system, it would also help us if the sender made a typo in sending the email. I realize that we'd also get a lot of garbage this way, but I imagine the benefits out...

Ability to modify or create Metrics on Home Pages for GP
I would like to have the ability for users or just administrators to modify or create Metrics on Home Pages within Dynamics GP. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?...

creating an advanced employee schedule
Hello Everyone I need to make an employee schedule in excel. I am not sure if it i possible, but here are my constraints: 20 employees 5-6 different meeting locations (sm1, sm2, sm3, sm4, sm5, sm6) Thes locations are scattered within our service area. some employees can only meet at certain locations (ex. paul can meet a either sm2 or sm3) all employees are PT so they can only work on certain days or a certai amount of days per week. (ex. paul can work up to 4 days a week and ji can work only sat and fri) I would like to make a program in excel that will take all thes factors into consid...

Creating a large number of charts automatically (repost)
Hi there, Are there Excel charting gurus here?? If so then please read on... Sorry for the cross-post but I'm not familiar with the Excel groups. I've posted to asp.general because if I have to code a solution to this it'll probably be done in ASP on a web server, unless there's a significantly better way. I'm looking for a way to create over 100 Excel *charts* programmatically. We've just run a large online survey and the data is being fed back to us in a single spreadsheet - each respondent on a row and their dimensions (division, department, etc) and each of their...

Need to create ComboBox's items with CheckBoxes...in MFC?
How to create combobox which could show it's items with check boxes? I know that we have to do subclassing...but what would be the handler implementation to achive this requirement? On Feb 22, 7:20 pm, "RajanM" <Rajan.Munusw...@gmail.com> wrote: > How to create combobox which could show it's items with check boxes? > I know that we have to do subclassing...but what would be the handler > implementation to achive this requirement? Take a look in the CodeProject, I have just seen there the very same thing you are asking for. "RajanM" wrote: > ...

Problems with IRM protected files created before 18/11/09
I can't open any of my word and excel files that have IRM protection applied - problem apparently widespread - I believe microsoft are aware of this problem, can it be fixed from their end. Allowing me to then open affected files. Note: I have created a test file applied IRM since 18/11/2009 and can open the file without a problem - still unable to open files with IRM created prior to 18/11/2009. If the problem can be resolved at microsoft then ownership of the protected files can be verified by return e-mail same as with initial question post. -- gwaxiom ...

links and bookmarks not working properly for web visitors
I have created and published files to a shared directory, all the bookmarks and links work for me when I click on the published file. However other users have a different experience, they click on the link and get taken to the wrong location. I have noticed that my screen shows the results to the left of the screen and these users are seeing more centered and larger. I experimented with Display resolution but it did not resolve the problem. Does anyone know what setting controls this and is there any HTML code fragment I could add to the document to force everyone including mysel...

can't click links in outlook 2002 email
i get this message when i try to click a link: This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator. i'm the only user on this computer, and i just upgraded to office xp from office 2000. any help would be GRANDLY appreciated. ...

How to avoid .lnk files being created in root(C:)
I have written a VB application which accesses an excel file from the network drive and import the data into the database. We need to run this job under a user previleges in an unattended mode(means without actually logging into the system). So, we have modified the dcom settings of the application's component to give the necessary launch permissions to the user who runs the job. The problem is with .lnk files (means shortcut files) are being created in the root drive. We supsect that the problem is with the profile. Because if we see the .lnk files properties, they are pointing to the ph...

setting text in 1 cell from values in other
hello, I think this is pretty easy. but cannot get it. I have 2 cells. lets say A1 and B1. in B1 I have text. I want to set the value of A1 to 100, if B1 contains the values "ABC" or "DEF". B1 can contain a lot of text. not exact values. can anyoe help me out with this? thanks. One way =IF(SUMPRODUCT(COUNTIF(B1,{"*ABC*","*DEF*"}))>0,100,"") -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove nothere from email address if mailing direct) "bp" <x@y.com> wrote in message news:uk%238NagQGHA.5924@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > hello, &...

Direct Link to CRM Case in Email Template
All, Is there any way to give a direct link to CRM Case in Email Template. looking forward to hearing from you all asap. Regards, SAB. ...

How do I create the correct size/type custom icon for custom entit
Can any one tell me what exactly do I need to do to create a custom entity icon. I know how to upload the file but how do I create the file in the first place. I have done this using Paint but it always appears as truncated or clipped around the side or far too small. Thanks for your help You can use paint to create icons - but MS recommends that the files cannot be bigger the 10 Kb and should have transparency for best resuls. To draw a transparent image in MS Paint, on the Image menu, click Draw Opaque and make sure the check mark does not appear next to it. Hope this helps. I...

Unable to create user
Hi I have domain abc.com and exchange2000 is workking on this domain. i have put xyz.com in upn suffix and want to setup xyz.com on the same exchange box on which abc.com is there. Now when i want to create user for xyz.com which is already there in abc.com then it says user already exist Regards Abhishek. Hi, If that user account already exist and all you want to do is to add the xyz.com address just use the recipient policies to do this. There is no need to create a separate user. 319201 HOW TO: Use Recipient Policies to Control E-mail Addresses in Exchange http://support.microsoft.com/?...