create text box with Border Art using VB

Hi,

Publisher 2002/Office XP

Can anyone tell me how to create a border round a text box (one of the
built-in border art ones) while creating it from VB?

The box is created thus (so far):-

Set pubdoc = appPub.ActiveDocument.Pages(1)
With pubdoc
    Set TextBox = .Shapes.AddTextbox _
    (Orientation:=pbTextOrientationHorizontal, _
    Left:=144, Top:=144, _
    Width:=72, Height:=18)
    With TextBox
        .TextFrame.TextRange.Text = "some text"
    End With
End With

I created one in Publisher, then used VB to open the document and work
through the Shapes collection to show me the styles etc, but I can't
see anything that tells me what the Border Art style is set to.
According to the help, the Line property "Returns a LineFormat object
that contains line formatting properties for the specified shape. (For
a line, the LineFormat object represents the line itself; for a shape
with a border, the LineFormat object represents the border.)", but I
can see no property in LineFormat that mentions Border Art, and no
listing of any style names anywhere.

(.Shape.Line.Style = 1 in both a text box with a border, and in one
without, so doesn't seem to be the style property that sets it).

Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

Many Thanks,

Brian
0
bcraigie (2)

creating contacts and email activities problem
Hey all! Can anyone please tell me why in crm 1.2 when I create a "new" contact it greats 2 of them in Accounts ? And can you tell me why it create 2 emails in history when I run an email activity? Does it do this in 3.0 or is there a why to fix it now ? We have some serious emailing questions for this at the moment and would really like to see them fixed by at least 3.0 I've been trying to pull all the information I can on the function of the outlook email system and CRM, but it's getting a little confusing. Do I need to have people use a special email address for me ...

How to Burn DVD using VC++ 6.0
I am writing an application to burn DVDs using Visual C++. Is there any way to burn a DVD using Visual C++ 6.0 EnterPrise Edition? I have a DVD-R media to burn. What I need to do is to first format them so that they can fit any data and then burn them with data from my harddisk. How can this be done? Are there any functions to do that? I know of mciSendCommand and DeviceIoControl. Can DVD burning be accomplished by using these 2 functions? If so can you just briefly go over the procedure involved(i.e.., what functions do I need to use for the important steps involved) to burn a DVD g...

Create new Contacts folder and populate it from Access
I use Access to manage my membership data. I'd like to generate an new Access mailing list everytime I send out a newsletter, using a vba module. That module will create a MailingList table. I'd like add some code to that module to open Outlook, create a new Contacts folder, and populate that new folder with the address in my new MailingList table. Can anyone please point me to some vba automation code that will give me the syntax to create a new Contacts folder and then populate it with an Access table? I already have some code to instantiate Outlook, so that's ...

Adding Text from Field A + Field B into IFRAME
I have created an IFRAME, which we use for displaying each customers file directory on our file server. I want the address of the IFRAME to be exactly this: 1) F:\Customers\ + 2) Data of a text field, I use the following script document.all.IFRAME_NAME.src = 'F:\Customers\' + crmForm.all.TEXTFIELD.DataValue; I use this script both in the ONLOAD of the FORM and in the ONCHANGE of the TEXTFIELD. However, it seems only to add the value F:\Customers\ to the IFRAME value and not the value of the TEXTFIELD. I'm probably just using the wrong syntax, and I hope that someone cou...

How can I add polka dots to my art in Publisher?
I like to make art for screen printing using Publisher. Yesterday I clicked on something that brought up some designs like stripes, polka dots and such. Today I can't find it. Can someone help me out? Thanks! If you are coloring a shape, right click on it, click format auto shape, and on the colors and lines tab, under fill in the drop-down menu for color, click on fill effects, then the tab for patterns. You can then choose a pattern and the foreground and background colors for the pattern. -- Carrot Top "thagstands4" wrote: > I like to make art for screen printing...

"Group By" Box
I have a box appearing at the top of my Inbox in Outlook 2000 called a "Group By" Box. It says in it "Drag any column here to group by that column. The only time I group items in Outlook is for my Contacts. Is there a way I can hide or remove this "Group By" Box from my Inbox? Thanks in advance, Michael View | Group By... (if I recall correctly) -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup. Ma...

creating a chart #2
Hello, I'm trying to create a chart that will mimic the candlestick chart but it does not use a timeline. Instead of displaying the timeline along the X-axis, it will show the thickness of the sheet. Sample data available as follow : 1st data set: Thickness: 0.010 Min: 10 Max: 15 2nd data set: Thickness: 0.013 Min: 10 Max: 25 3rd data set: Thickness: 0.025 Min: 15 Max: 35 The chart will display the "Thickness" along the X-axis and the "Soak Range" (Min and Max) along the Y-axis. Microsoft Excel require several variable to create a stock chart, namely: Open, Hi...

"Allow Microsoft Dynamics CRM to send e-mail using CRM for Outlook
CRM 4: Is there a way to set this to "Checked" for all users by default? I can't seem to find where CRM is storing it in the database. Thanks. Hi emon, I think that's a registry setting on the user's worksation, as it relates to CRM for Outlook. you can read this article... http://blogs.salentica.com/direland/2009/09/21/pushing-crm-for-outlook-settings-to-the-masses/ Maybe you could push the registry change out somehow. Dave > CRM 4: Is there a way to set this to "Checked" for all users by > default? I can't seem to find where CRM is storing...

Locking a combo box
I set a combo box to enabled yes and locked no and I have no problems picking a value. My combo box is bound to a table. The problem is I can type over the value in the combo box and change the value in the table. I would like to pick a value and subsequently like lock the combo box. Thanks, Stanley Stanly, If you lock the combo box once the user has entered data, how will they ever correct it? Given that, you might try this. I don't know if it will work. on the field's Got Focus event, add this code: If inNull(ComboBoxDataFieldNm) then me.cboCtlNm.Enabled =...

Excel 97 User Defined Charts & Text Boxes
I created and saved a user defined column chart that included text boxes on the chart. However, when I used this chart to create a new one, the text boxes disappeared. Has anyone encountered this before? What are some remedies I can try? Excel doesn't save everything that was in the chart on which you based the custom type. There's some information in the following MSKB article: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=214318 Instead of a custom chart type, you could record a macro in which you format the chart and add the text boxes. Ella Davis-Suggs wrote: > I cr...

Align an ole object in-line with its surround text
Hi, How can I align an ole object (ms-word equation, mathtype,...) in-line with its surround text in CRichEditView? Thanks Emp -- work at forum.empkey.com "ebookfinder" <ebookfinder@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7B849EEB-8930-45AC-BA6B-0D7473373E48@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > How can I align an ole object (ms-word equation, mathtype,...) in-line > with > its surround text in CRichEditView? I ma be wrong but I am not sure if its possible. Essentially what you are asking is inserting a CWnd in CRichEditView and let CRichEditView manage i...

Which services does GP use
We're trying to disable unused services on our GP server. Does anyone know which services are required to run GP other than MSSQLSERVER? The SQL Server agent service, while not required specifically for GP, might be used for SQL Server. Other than those two, that's it. "RYF" wrote: > We're trying to disable unused services on our GP server. Does anyone know > which services are required to run GP other than MSSQLSERVER? ...

selecting chart data range using arrow keys
Hello, In the past I have been able to select the data range (ie source data) for a chart by (a) clicking on the little square button at the far right end of the source range, which brings me to the spreadsheet; and (b) then using arrow keys to move around and SHIFT select data. OK, I can still do this. But the rub is this: I used to be able to CTRL-arrow around to select ranges, which is very handy in big spreadsheets, since it can bring you to the next full cell (like using the Scout (#9) in Stratego). But now I can't CTRL-arrow around anymore to select chart data, leaving me...

Re: OCX used within ASP page
"Tom Hoskins" <info_nospam@morovia.com> wrote in message news:... > Hi all, > > I am developing a OCX with MFC. One requirement is that it is able to send > drawings as JPG to web browser. Curretntly this OCX can save the drawing > into JPG, but how to make it send the JPG to the browser? I am newbie > to ASP, and anyone here can help? > > 1 million thanks in advance. > > ...

Using IsError with Match
I have a list box from which a user may select a client. My code then looks through a list of employees to find the ones belonging to that client. For various reasons, it is possible to select a client that might not be represented in the list of employees (it's necessary, I assure you). In case the user selects a client that isn't in the employee list, I wanted to catch this and avoid an error message. The code that is supposed to do this is below. If IsError(Application.WorksheetFunction.Match(ClientNum, ClientEEs, 0)) = True Then ' Do stuff End If Howev...

Do any of the Grade book templates using Excel average grades?
I am interested in using the Office Templates to track grades for the upcoming school year. Does anyone know if it will average grades as I enter them or do I have to average & enter them, using Office only for recording? ...

my publisher won't publish using the steps given. any suggestions
i do all the steps & a window pops up saying the site is loading but nothing happens. You need to ask this in the Publisher Web Design newsgroup. There is lots of help here http://msmvps.com/blogs/dbartosik/archive/category/1921.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "mary" <mary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FCCF02E2-1E35-4072-9467-EA5636AAB720@microsoft.com... >i do all the steps & a window pops up saying the site is loading but nothing > happens. ...

How to Justify Text
My Publisher (2002) help does not contain the instructions for justifying text - could someone please tell me how to do this? I've done a search in this newsgroup but it seems no-one else has this problem :) Jan M > My Publisher (2002) help does not contain the instructions > for justifying text - could someone please tell me how to > do this? > > I've done a search in this newsgroup but it seems no-one > else has this problem > > Jan M Do you have your formatting toolbar turned on? From left to right, mine has boxes for font selection, formattin...

Using Named Range in LOOKUP formula?
My LOOKUP formula currently reads: =((LOOKUP($I6,$A$2:$A$7,$D$2:$D$7)-J6)+(LOOKUP($I6,$A$2:$A$7,$G$2:$G $7))) I would like to change this so the ranges are columns in a Named Range. Something like: =((LOOKUP($I6,Range_Col1,Range_Col4)-J6)+ (LOOKUP($I6,Range_Col1,Range_Col7))) The range name will be selected in a drop-down (data validation) in another cell. So "Range_Col1" actually needs to be referenced from the value selected in K10. Can this be done with formulas? Or do I need a macro? Ed Assuming your named range refers to A1:G7 You can use an expression like this: INDEX...

Get a curved edge to a list in a text box
I have a text box with a list of items in it. I am trying to get a curve theme to my publication and want to make the left hand edge of the list be a curve. I have tried creating an oval shape in the hope that the text in the text box would wrap round it but it doesn't. I am using Publisher 2000. I know this can be done because I've seen a printed Publisher leaflet but how oh how? As always, any help is greatly appreciated. Mary Ann Insert, new drawing, draw a curved line, on the toolbar, click Object Frame Properties, select picture only. You can adjust the margins in ...

Using HTML content as a Signature on Outlook 2000
Hi All, Have a HTML file that I need to setup as my signature in Outlook. I have been able to copy the Source, but the Preview Pane, and also the New Email window lists the Source and not the Resultant output. Have tried the above setting using the Message Format as HTML. Would appreciate assistance on the same. Warm Regards, Amar ...

Combo Box 2 Bound Columns?
Is it possible to save 2 fields from a Combo Box to the underlying table? For example, if I had a Combo Box with the fields TestID and TestName and want to save them both to associated fields in the table. I know this is bad form, but have a unique situation. thanks On Fri, 26 Mar 2010 12:55:01 -0700, yator <yator@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is it possible to save 2 fields from a Combo Box to the underlying table? >For example, if I had a Combo Box with the fields TestID and TestName and >want to save them both to associated fields in the table. >I know ...

Creat a spreedsheet with moving rows?
I am firefighter who has been given a project that I hoping someone here can help me with. I have worked with Microsoft Access quite a bit, but I think Excel is better for this project. I have made an inventory progam in Access that seems fairly complicated, to me at least. So my BC was hoping I could put something together for an overtime staffing list. I do not know VBA. Below is brief summary of what I am trying to accomplish. We have 3 separate personnel lists from which to hire overtime when nessasry, one for each rank of Captain, Operator, and Firefighter. People are listed in order...

Cannot create an outlook profile
I'm running outlook 2000. I am not able to setup an outlook profile. I've tried Control panel -> Mail -> but I'm directed to setup an internet account. I'm not getting the profile screen discussed here. Can anyone help? Misy <mroussell2@hotmail.com> wrote: > I'm running outlook 2000. I am not able to setup an > outlook profile. I've tried Control panel -> Mail -> but > I'm directed to setup an internet account. I'm not > getting the profile screen discussed here. Your Outlook is configured as Internet Mode Only, which...

EXCEL, I want to create a series of calendars with dates marked f.
I have a list of all our maintenance requirements in excel. I need to produce a series of calendar check sheets with reminders of when each maintenance function is required. I have daily, weekly, quaterly, etc. I need to produce the calendars and post them for operator signature each month. Is there a better tool for this? ...