Create a page as an insert - Pub. 2007

I am creating a newsletter to be printed on 11x17 stock, to be folded
to 8.5x 11. I have run out of space and need to have an insert page to
be enclosed.(Insert to be 8.5x11 single sheet printed both sides) Do I
need to create a new file for just the insert or is there a workaround
in Publisher that I haven't figured out?

 Because the Newsletter + insert page will be emailed as PDF, I really
do not want recipients to have to fool with 2 files.

Thanks, Jim
0
grinmonger (15)

Is the insert-page part of the general flow or is it totally separate from
the rest of the publication?

AIUI you are both emailing a PDF and sending a paper-version. Will you be
assembling the paper-set yourself or is someone else doing it?

I have some ideas on how to handle it, from a practical perspective anyway
(I've done something similar) even if not "technically correct," if the idea
is to *get the publication out*.
bj

"Jim K."  wrote in message

I am creating a newsletter to be printed on 11x17 stock, to be folded
to 8.5x 11. I have run out of space and need to have an insert page to
be enclosed.(Insert to be 8.5x11 single sheet printed both sides) Do I
need to create a new file for just the insert or is there a workaround
in Publisher that I haven't figured out?

Because the Newsletter + insert page will be emailed as PDF, I really
do not want recipients to have to fool with 2 files.

Thanks, Jim

0
bjones441 (10)
7/22/2011 5:33:41 PM
On Jul 22, 1:33=A0pm, "bj" <bjone...@bellatlantic.net> wrote:
> Is the insert-page part of the general flow or is it totally separate fro=
> the rest of the publication?
>
> AIUI you are both emailing a PDF and sending a paper-version. Will you be
> assembling the paper-set yourself or is someone else doing it?
>
> I have some ideas on how to handle it, from a practical perspective anywa=
> (I've done something similar) even if not "technically correct," if the i=
dea
> is to *get the publication out*.
> bj
>
> "Jim K." =A0wrote in message

> I am creating a newsletter to be printed on 11x17 stock, to be folded
> to 8.5x 11. I have run out of space and need to have an insert page to
> be enclosed.(Insert to be 8.5x11 single sheet printed both sides) Do I
> need to create a new file for just the insert or is there a workaround
> in Publisher that I haven't figured out?
>
> Because the Newsletter + insert page will be emailed as PDF, I really
> do not want recipients to have to fool with 2 files.
>
> Thanks, Jim

Thanks bj,
Insert is part of general flow and I will assemble. About 1/2 of the
recipients get the newsletter via email, in PDF format. The rest are
snail-mail. So I have to do most much of it twice. The PDF version (10
pages) is done. Now my task is to take pages 5 & 6 out of there and
somehow print the "insert" which will still be page-numbered in
sequence. And thanks for the link, but it didn't work. (I tried
different combos of it)
Jim
0
grinmonger (15)
7/24/2011 10:00:00 AM
"Jim K."  wrote in message

On Jul 22, 1:33 pm, "bj" <bjone...@bellatlantic.net> wrote:
> Is the insert-page part of the general flow or is it totally separate from
> the rest of the publication?
>
> AIUI you are both emailing a PDF and sending a paper-version. Will you be
> assembling the paper-set yourself or is someone else doing it?
>
> I have some ideas on how to handle it, from a practical perspective anyway
> (I've done something similar) even if not "technically correct," if the
> idea
> is to *get the publication out*.
> bj
>
> "Jim K."  wrote in message

> I am creating a newsletter to be printed on 11x17 stock, to be folded
> to 8.5x 11. I have run out of space and need to have an insert page to
> be enclosed.(Insert to be 8.5x11 single sheet printed both sides) Do I
> need to create a new file for just the insert or is there a workaround
> in Publisher that I haven't figured out?
>
> Because the Newsletter + insert page will be emailed as PDF, I really
> do not want recipients to have to fool with 2 files.
>
> Thanks, Jim

Thanks bj,
Insert is part of general flow and I will assemble. About 1/2 of the
recipients get the newsletter via email, in PDF format. The rest are
snail-mail. So I have to do most much of it twice. The PDF version (10
pages) is done. Now my task is to take pages 5 & 6 out of there and
somehow print the "insert" which will still be page-numbered in
sequence. And thanks for the link, but it didn't work. (I tried
different combos of it)
Jim
=================================

Link? I didn't give a link so don't know what you're referring to.

You could do what I've seen in some publications & number the "insert page"
as 5a & 5b or something -- though then the print wouldn't match page#s with
the pdf I suppose. That would matter if you referred to page#s somewhere
later on.
I'd have to give it more thought.
I'd probably also use some of Acrobat's functions in page-extraction.
Also the "brute force" approach to page numbering rather than
master-pages-automatic.
Or something.
Hmmmm
bj

0
bjones441 (10)

Excel 2007: Problem with refresh screen (when minimizied)
Hello On our network (around 40 workstations; Win XP Pro and Office 2007) we have particular the following problem: The user minimized the Excel programm window and do some other works in other applications, return to the minimized Excel window and want to maximize the Excel window. Result: The Excel window is empty. You can paricular see some rows or colums but often not. We try out also other graphic card but get no success. Any ideas? Kind regards, Martin Schweizer ...

Shutting off flags in Outlook 2007
How do I stop the message that says "message not sent" that pops up while composing e-mail? Is it an actual dialog box that comes up? What type of email account do you have configured in Outlook? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter: EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exc...

How do get a picture in publisher to print on only one page?
I have clip art I have downloaded to publisher. It shows on one page when I am working with it but when I go to print the image shows up in the corner of 4 pages. I am a rookie with this so sorry if this sounds too easy. ...

Received mail notification in Outlook 2007
I am very satisfied with the performance of Outlook 2007, except I would like to set it up so I would be notified of incomming mail with a voice, such as "you got mail". Is it possible, and how? That's a Windows setting in Control Panel, Sounds. Under Windows Sounds, choose one for New mail Notification. "RigaLVB" wrote: > I am very satisfied with the performance of Outlook 2007, except I would > like to set it up so I would be notified of incomming mail with a voice, > such as "you got mail". Is it possible, and how? > > > ...

Money 2007 Not Responding
Money 2007 Deluxe is periodically and un-reproduceably hanging during various operations (transaction entering, balancing accounts, etc.) with no rhyme or reason. My only option is to close Money by clicking the "X" in the upper right-hand corner of the program. Vista then asks if I want to close or wait. I've waited as long as 30 minutes with no response from Money, so I always choose "Close". None of my data seems to get lost or garbled in any way. This is a new installation of Money on a new computer with Vista. This is a new money file that only has tra...

Page Headers
How do I do different headers for different pages within the same worksheet? Separate print jobs for each page. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sat, 16 Jan 2010 13:56:01 -0800, Nonnie <Nonnie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I do different headers for different pages within the same worksheet? ...

exchange 2007 delayed sending
a while ago I posted a message about delayed sending being stuck in the outbox in outlook 2007 outlook can not be closed as then the email is not send now I am trying to do the same but using outlook in online modus instead, the messages are now send immediately this even though the message header in outlook clearly states that the message is not to be delivered before "date and time" (in the future) how can I find out why this feature is not working (as expected) thnx This artical is very useful and it applies to Exchange/Outlook 2007 as well http://blogs...

insert new row doesn't add formula
I have a table A2->M100 In the M Column I have a sum to calculate the total of that row =SUM(A34:N34) for example Now if I want to add a row into that table, I click on the number o the left, that highlights the row then I go insert>>row and that keep the formatting of the cells. BUT it doesn't add the =SUM(A54:N54) in the M column, and so I have ha to edit each cell by hand to get the correct formula. Is there an easier way to add a row and keep fomulas within that row but obviously automatically change the numbers to suit the row -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForu...

Insert .gif into protected doc
I have a document that I'm protecting from editing- all but 4 cells. In one of those 4 cells I want users to be able to insert a .gif. I'm able to type in those cells, but I can't insert a .gif. How do I enable this? Basically, I want to allow users to insert a .gif into a protected document, is this possible? I don't want them to know the password or to unprotect the doc in order to do this. "Michael Miazga" <subscribe@etwd.com> wrote in message news:uIIF$46SDHA.3088@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I have a document that I'm protecting from editing- a...

Remove Manual Page Break
Using Windows XP-Pro and Office 2003. Excel Help indicates that you can "remove a page break by dragging the page break outside of the page break preview area." When I click on the page break solid blue line, I can only move it up or down. I cannot move it "outside the page break preview area." I know that I can right click in a cell below the page break and choose to "remove the page break." However, I am intrigued by the dragging option described in the help section. Is this help information indicating I should be able to drag the page break line out...

How do I create a drop down list in Excel 2003
How do I create a drop down list in Excel 2003. I've tried to use the help menu and I cannot figure it out. See: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Lenny" <Lenny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8F05DEA1-E264-4760-9DDE-3C97319AA1D4@microsoft.com... > How do I create a drop down list in Excel 2003. I've tried to use the help > menu and I cannot figure it out. ...

Insert Extender Field
I had used GP Extender to add a few fields to the GP 10 Customer Maintenance screen. All was fine until I tried inserting a field in between two other fields. Now everything is offset. If I look at the field values I can see all the correct and complete values. However, when I go to the customer maintenance screen and try to view them that way, they are all cut off. Is it possible to insert a new field in between two previously exisiting fields? I just noticed what it is really doing. In all of the fields after the newly inserted field it is only showing me the first character. I...

page guide at bottom of project reads 1-24
When I print I have to ask for page 4 if I want 3, 5 if I want 6, etc. Will not print page 1. What's up? Booklet? View, uncheck two page spread. Print current page. What version Publisher is always helpful to know. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Church Lady" <Church Lady@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:28192282-D5AD-4387-8C61-C5C5720441B8@microsoft.com... > When I print I have to ask for page 4 if I want 3, 5 if I want 6, etc. Will > not print page 1. What's up? > ...

Viewing Outlook 2007 calendar in a "stacked" view?
I used to be able to view my Outlook 2003 calendar in a "stacked" weekly view, so rather than the vertical columns in 2007, I was able to see my week as (imagine boxes around each day with the appointments listed underneath): Monday Thursday Tuesday Friday Wednesday Sat/Sun I can't seem to find this view now and I'm wondering if it's even an option? Or do I just have to get used to 2007's vertical columns? That view is gone in 2007 Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook Trainer and Consultant www.pragmatix.com.au Ou...

Outlook Express creates a File on my desktop
ok i dont know if anyone else is getting this problem but when ever i run outlook express it creates a file on my desktop named "~". it has done this since new, and ive seen it on one other computer as well. is there a way to stop this from happening?? cause deleting the file everytime is getting tiresome...if anyone knows how to fix this please let me know. ty Shawn <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > ok i dont know if anyone else is getting this problem but > when ever i run outlook express it creates a file on my > desktop named "~". ...

How do I insert a logo into outgoing email in Outlook?
I want to creat stationery in Outlook that has my company logo at the top. When I try to create stationery and insert the logo, the entire page is filled with many logos. ...

Publisher 2003
Hi, I'm trying to create a membershipcard with publisher. I used a mail merge to create all the cards with different names and picuters. On the screen everything looks fine. I want to have multiple cards on one page with a total of eight per page. When looking at the print preview every card shows the same name. I read about the bug with the preview so I printed some pages. Now I get a page full of cards with the same name and then a page with the second name in all the cards and so on. What am I doing wrong? Maarten Maarten <rijt@dse.nl> was very recently heard to utter: ...

Office v.X for Mac Compatibility Issues with Office 2007

Why doesn't a background cover the entire page?
When formatting a background, the background does not cover the entire 8.5" x 11" area. The area covered is only 8" x 10.5". jdntal <jdntal@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > When formatting a background, the background does not cover the > entire 8.5" x 11" area. The area covered is only 8" x 10.5". Because your printer can't print to the edge of the page, most likely. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher ...

Quickly locate a specific page/tab in workbook
I have a workbook with over 1000 pages/tabs. Is there a command to quickly access a specific page/tab without scrolling through the entire series to get to the one I want? One way: In pre xl 2007 ( might be the same in xl2007 I just don't know) Right click on the arrows in the lower left corner of your worksheet, (to the left of the tabs) and you will get a list you can scroll thru to find the worksheet you need to go to. Mike Rogers "touchstone" wrote: > I have a workbook with over 1000 pages/tabs. Is there a command to quickly > access a specifi...

Publisher 2007 file is listed on my network, but the file wont ope
After designing a publisher application with Microsoft Office 2007, I have saved the document to my local network, and ALAS, the folder containing the file is "empty", but clicking on the folder shows the document(properties, size etc.) but I cannot open/edit/rename the file! Any help is greatly appreciated. Can you open the file if you drag it to your local hard drive? -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "jtjordan_design" <jtjordan_design@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9BBA993D-09AE-4BE5-BEFC-0A06705A16D0@microsoft.com... > After desi...

inserted graphic moves by itself when I saw as a .wmf
This is weird. I have a series of diagrams in Visio that I am saving as .wmf files to insert into an Adobe InDesign document. All of them are fine except for one. Every time I save it as a .wmf and open it afterwards, a little clip art I inserted has strayed to the same wrong place. How can I troubleshoot this? ...

Conditional Formatting in Excel 2007 #2
Hi guys, I have been asked to prepare a spreadsheet that uses conditional formatting on another cell. What it needs to do is that is a cell contains a particular value i.e. between 2 and 6 the adjacent cell will turn say blue, but the issue is that there is up to 6 different rules that could be applied to that one cell. All of these rules then need to work for the subsequent entries. If anyone could help me with this issue I would be very grateful. Many Thanks Didi On Tue, 19 Oct 2010 03:10:07 -0700 (PDT), didi <diane.bush@hotmail.co.uk> wrote: >Hi guys, > >I have been a...

How to print a full page (8.5x11) flyer 4 up on a page
I can not figure it out and i can't find it in help. 4 horizontal panels on an 8�"x11" sheet of paper? -- Don Vancouver, USA "(PDS)Chris" <(PDS)Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CC7D0BEE-242E-4938-A275-944607455946@microsoft.com... >I can not figure it out and i can't find it in help. Kinda skinny fliers "Don Schmidt" <RetiredEngineer@pnb.telco> wrote in message news:11jb363penasp26@corp.supernews.com... |4 horizontal panels on an 8�"x11" sheet of paper? | | | -- | Don | Vancouver, USA | | | &...

Saving Calendar As Web Page
I'm having a problem saving a calendar as a web page to my web server. The first time I do try to save a calendar as HTML into a folder on my web server, it works fine. If I go back and make changes and try to save it again into the same folder, I get an "operation failed". If I delete all of the items in the folder and then try to save as, it works fine. Is there a way around this so that I don't have to erase the files each time? Thanks, Glenn ...