Create a page as an insert - Pub. 2007

I am creating a newsletter to be printed on 11x17 stock, to be folded
to 8.5x 11. I have run out of space and need to have an insert page to
be enclosed.(Insert to be 8.5x11 single sheet printed both sides) Do I
need to create a new file for just the insert or is there a workaround
in Publisher that I haven't figured out?

 Because the Newsletter + insert page will be emailed as PDF, I really
do not want recipients to have to fool with 2 files.

Thanks, Jim
0
grinmonger (15)

Is the insert-page part of the general flow or is it totally separate from
the rest of the publication?

AIUI you are both emailing a PDF and sending a paper-version. Will you be
assembling the paper-set yourself or is someone else doing it?

I have some ideas on how to handle it, from a practical perspective anyway
(I've done something similar) even if not "technically correct," if the idea
is to *get the publication out*.
bj

"Jim K."  wrote in message

I am creating a newsletter to be printed on 11x17 stock, to be folded
to 8.5x 11. I have run out of space and need to have an insert page to
be enclosed.(Insert to be 8.5x11 single sheet printed both sides) Do I
need to create a new file for just the insert or is there a workaround
in Publisher that I haven't figured out?

Because the Newsletter + insert page will be emailed as PDF, I really
do not want recipients to have to fool with 2 files.

Thanks, Jim

0
bjones441 (10)
7/22/2011 5:33:41 PM
On Jul 22, 1:33=A0pm, "bj" <bjone...@bellatlantic.net> wrote:
> Is the insert-page part of the general flow or is it totally separate fro=
> the rest of the publication?
>
> AIUI you are both emailing a PDF and sending a paper-version. Will you be
> assembling the paper-set yourself or is someone else doing it?
>
> I have some ideas on how to handle it, from a practical perspective anywa=
> (I've done something similar) even if not "technically correct," if the i=
dea
> is to *get the publication out*.
> bj
>
> "Jim K." =A0wrote in message

> I am creating a newsletter to be printed on 11x17 stock, to be folded
> to 8.5x 11. I have run out of space and need to have an insert page to
> be enclosed.(Insert to be 8.5x11 single sheet printed both sides) Do I
> need to create a new file for just the insert or is there a workaround
> in Publisher that I haven't figured out?
>
> Because the Newsletter + insert page will be emailed as PDF, I really
> do not want recipients to have to fool with 2 files.
>
> Thanks, Jim

Thanks bj,
Insert is part of general flow and I will assemble. About 1/2 of the
recipients get the newsletter via email, in PDF format. The rest are
snail-mail. So I have to do most much of it twice. The PDF version (10
pages) is done. Now my task is to take pages 5 & 6 out of there and
somehow print the "insert" which will still be page-numbered in
sequence. And thanks for the link, but it didn't work. (I tried
different combos of it)
Jim
0
grinmonger (15)
7/24/2011 10:00:00 AM
"Jim K."  wrote in message

On Jul 22, 1:33 pm, "bj" <bjone...@bellatlantic.net> wrote:
> Is the insert-page part of the general flow or is it totally separate from
> the rest of the publication?
>
> AIUI you are both emailing a PDF and sending a paper-version. Will you be
> assembling the paper-set yourself or is someone else doing it?
>
> I have some ideas on how to handle it, from a practical perspective anyway
> (I've done something similar) even if not "technically correct," if the
> idea
> is to *get the publication out*.
> bj
>
> "Jim K."  wrote in message

> I am creating a newsletter to be printed on 11x17 stock, to be folded
> to 8.5x 11. I have run out of space and need to have an insert page to
> be enclosed.(Insert to be 8.5x11 single sheet printed both sides) Do I
> need to create a new file for just the insert or is there a workaround
> in Publisher that I haven't figured out?
>
> Because the Newsletter + insert page will be emailed as PDF, I really
> do not want recipients to have to fool with 2 files.
>
> Thanks, Jim

Thanks bj,
Insert is part of general flow and I will assemble. About 1/2 of the
recipients get the newsletter via email, in PDF format. The rest are
snail-mail. So I have to do most much of it twice. The PDF version (10
pages) is done. Now my task is to take pages 5 & 6 out of there and
somehow print the "insert" which will still be page-numbered in
sequence. And thanks for the link, but it didn't work. (I tried
different combos of it)
Jim
=================================

Link? I didn't give a link so don't know what you're referring to.

You could do what I've seen in some publications & number the "insert page"
as 5a & 5b or something -- though then the print wouldn't match page#s with
the pdf I suppose. That would matter if you referred to page#s somewhere
later on.
I'd have to give it more thought.
I'd probably also use some of Acrobat's functions in page-extraction.
Also the "brute force" approach to page numbering rather than
master-pages-automatic.
Or something.
Hmmmm
bj

0
bjones441 (10)

can't insert, delete or move pictures
can't insert, delete or move pictures Sheet protected? parker wrote: > > can't insert, delete or move pictures -- Dave Peterson ...

Page set up #2
I want to use the paper size of A3, but cannot find it in the paper options. Anyone know where I can find it? Check your printer properties and preferences. If the printers you have installed won't handle A3 you won't have it. And you will need to "install" something that will. Even a "PDF" file printer will do. Alan Badgery wrote: > I want to use the paper size of A3, but cannot find it in the paper > options. Anyone know where I can find it? I've just a home use computer, but the intention was to use the work book between and home and work, w...

How to make Access 2007 Navigation pane invisible?
I have tried the Access Options. | Current Database | Navigation, uncheck Display Navigation Pane, and the vertical "Navigation Pane" still displays in a compiled .ade. Something else yet? Dean Slindee "Dean Slindee" <slindee@charter.net> wrote in message news:%23o1Zj8odKHA.2188@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I have tried the Access Options. | Current Database | Navigation, uncheck >Display Navigation Pane, and the vertical "Navigation Pane" still displays >in a compiled .ade. > > Something else yet? > > Dean Slinde...

Writing to word 2007
I have a 2003 access database that writes data to text fields in a 2003 word document, no problems, I have now upgraded the database to 2007, and the same code although it appears to run ok, does not actually update the word document fields, i also tried converting the word document from 2003 to 2007. I data transfer using code from within access any thoughts? So no error message; it just doesn't seem top update, right. See this: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/242017 I do it with docvariables. Are you using docvariables? If so, read this: http://w...

Outlook 2007: "Cannot save free/busy information"
Hi, all I have been getting the error message "Cannot save free/busy information" from Outlook frequently these days. It started when we changed our configuration from connecting to an Exchange server on the LAN to using a proxy Exchange server that forwards (I imagine) to another Exchange server on a different LAN. I have my profile configured to deliver to a local PST file. It seems that Outlook does successfully update free/busy info on the server sometimes; the error message appears fairly randomly - e.g. sometimes when I delete a meeting request, but not every time. An...

create new users STRANGE problem
Hi, I'm developing a web application (using standard asp and not asp.net) to let certain remote users administer exchange 2003. I have installed win2003 standard edition, exchange 2003 enterprise edition,owa and my web application on the same server. My web app, let users to create mailboxes, delete mailboxes, change user password. All works fine, but for example, if I reboot the server, a web application user can create 50 mailboxes. But when any of these users log on to owa, something goes wrong and the admin user cannot mailbox enable other user accounts through the web app, even if he ...

Cannot open Money Deluxe 2007
New laptop, successfully using Money, then now I cannot open it. Windows keeps shutting it down. Tried running as admin. Tried uninstalling, then reinstalling. Help! -- Karen In microsoft.public.money, Karen wrote: >New laptop, successfully using Money, then now I cannot open it. Windows >keeps shutting it down. Tried running as admin. Tried uninstalling, then >reinstalling. Help! What OS? Is there an error message? Were you successfully using Money on that new laptop? Did the problem occur recently? You might want to consider a system restore point from before the pr...

How do I link a shape on a organ chart to another org chart page
If I have a org chart on one page with three shapes, A B C, and a second page with names in shapes of people reporting to C on page 1. How can I click on Shape C on first page and bring up the second page showing the employees who work under him C -right click shape C -Format > Behavior > Double-Click -Select "Go to page: Page-2" Frank Help <Help@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag: 9A0D1770-05EE-42D1-ACB3-A0958688AE64@microsoft.com... > If I have a org chart on one page with three shapes, A B C, and a second page > with names in shapes of pe...

sending web pages
My Outlook (2003)does not allow me to send a webpage or the link to a page as it says it is because it may have a potential virus. How do I resolve this? Thank you Copy/paste the link instead. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: David Davidson <ddavidson@adelphia.net> asked: | My Outlook (2003)does not allow me to send a webpage or | the link to a page as it says it is because it may have a | potential virus. How do I resolve this? Thank you ...

in creating a pie chart in excel 2007
How many rows or columns of data can the pie chart plot I once tried 360 cells and got a wonderful Moiré pattern Why not just experiment with 1, 2, 3 dozen and see for yourself if the result is acceptable ? best wishes -- Bernard Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme "bsalohcin" <bsalohcin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F9CF7752-1816-4DCE-BF82-9C25033AE888@microsoft.com... > How many rows or columns of data can the pie chart plot According to MS:- Data series in one chart 255 (max limit) Data points in a...

One Record Per Page Printing-Access 2007
Report for daily appointments for senior transportation drivers. Report is grouped by Driver. Keep together is selected. Detail band: Keep together-Yes; Force New Page-Before Section; Can Grow-Yes; Can Shrink-Yes Goal: Report generated so each driver has his/her own appointments. Orientation: Landscape, paper size 8.5 x 14, column width: 13.5729"; column height: 0.3069" When previewing in Print Preview one record per page is appearing rather than all appointments for a driver for a given date. I have the bands as narrow as I can make them. I am missing somethi...

cannot get BCM to work on Office Enterprise 2007 and Windows 7
I have Windows 7 and Office enterprise 2007 and tried to install BCM 2007 and got it installed then opened Outlook and said it could not setup database. Is BCM 2007 compatible with Enterprise and Windows 7. Is there a work around? ...

Seperate Page
I have 12 pages in my newsletter created with Publisher. I want to send page 2 to a friend as a PDF file. How can I send her page 2 without sending the entire 12 pages? Only output the selected pages to the pdf writer (it's in the print dialog) "garnettmcd" <garnettmcd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A0B58B6D-802B-4A56-B3F2-B3FF402FAE85@microsoft.com... |I have 12 pages in my newsletter created with Publisher. | I want to send page 2 to a friend as a PDF file. | | How can I send her page 2 without sending the | entire 12 pages? | | | View, clea...

Creating the filter for the recipeint policy
Hi, Can you let me know what is the best of way of creating the LDAP filter for the recipient policy if I want the policy to assign the email address based on the admin group.This filter should assign the email address to the mailbox and DL's -- Vinod Kumar Recipient Policies are based on recipients' attributes - admin group is not one of them. Perhaps look at other common attributes, or add an additional UPN suffix and assign a common UPN suffix to these recipients, than use Recipient Policies to filter based on UPN. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog l...

How do I create a running subtraction column?
In other words, how do I create a column which subtracts from the preceeding cell? Hi you may provide some more details what you're trying to do exactly. Maybe post some example rows -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany aschneider wrote: > In other words, how do I create a column which subtracts from the > preceeding cell? If you want the balance in column B, and you are making entries in column A which are to be subtracted from the balance, put the starting balance in B1. In B2 put the formula =B1-A2 On Mon, 4 Oct 2004 08:35:08 -0700, "aschneider" <aschne...

Create Folders in Directory with Excel VBA?
Hi, Is there a way to create folders with a specfic names, and have them saved in a directory. I have an excel file with 250 records with my desired folder names. I want to avoid having to through the process of selecting <File | New | Folder> then naming the folder -- 250 times! I imagine there's an easier way with VBA... please help! Thanks It can be done something like this. Attatch code to a command button on the sheet. Alter code to suit your reqirements. Test on a dummy workbook first until you get it to work the way you want. Please note that there are practical lim...

center text when conditional format applied
Textbox control on Access 2007 form lost its centered alignment when conditional formatting is applied. This did not happen in previous versions of Access. I tried using format painter to apply conditional formats from a control created in an earlier version, but this failed. The control created in the earlier version then lost it's centering after saving in Access 2007. -- Roy Handy Interesting. I tried to replicate this behaviour but failed, it all worked as it should. Try revisiting your form after applying the conditional formatting and resetting the text box to center text. ...

Restricting SubForm to One Record Entry Per Parent: Access 2007
Hello All, I have a one-to-one relationship between two table. I have successfully added the subform, but I get the option to add additional child records in the Datasheet View. This means that when a user tabs to the next row and enters data they get an error--and they should. Question: How do I restrict the subform to show only one row in Datasheet View? I hope I was clear. Feel free to ask for clarification. Thank you in advance for your assistance. Alcide, You have two options here. If the records are already added to the source of the subform you could set the &qu...

Pivot Chart Created from Pivot Table is Blank
HELP!!! I am following a tutorial in an Excel 2007 book step-by-step. In one of the lessons I was able to successfully and easily create a pivot chart from a pivot table. In my next lesson, I am following the exact same steps (even have started over a couple of times), and when I create a pivot chart from the pivot table in this lesson, it creates a blank chart. WHY DOES IT DO THIS??? I know I have followed the steps correctly. Any ideas on why Excel isn't cooperating with me on this lesson would be soooo appreciated. Hi, Blank charts usually result from having your cursor in...

How do I create a "floating" header in Excel so I can always see i
contact me at andy@boydrealestateinc.com Andy To have row 1 always in view as you scroll down. Select A2 and Window>Freeze Panes. Rule is: whatever is above and left of the selected cell will be frozen after you hit Window>Freeze Panes. i.e. select B2 to have Column A and Row 1 frozen. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 13:38:00 -0800, Andy Heal <Andy Heal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >contact me at andy@boydrealestateinc.com ...

how print page out of pages, w/o header?
Thanks for any help. I have a workbook, with a header for some columns, but the last page of the workbook (the lowest rows of worksheet), don't need the headers, but I don't see any functions for stopping headers on a certain page. Is this possible? Not a big deal, it's just a row of labels with no info underneath them, but I would like to get rid of this header for this one last page if possible. Of course, I could change from headers to putting it into the worksheet itself, but I was wondering if I could do it this way. Thanks again. Check your print range in File | Page ...

Need to create a VB script for Microsoft Outlook
Hi Folks, I am a newbie to VB scripting. I have this problem I need to solve in outlook. Often we have seen when people reply to emails, they say "please see my comments inline marked BlahBlah". Whenever people do such inline commenting, I would like the script to copy that info to the top of that email, along with a "link" to that embedded line. When the user click that line, the cursor show point the actual place where that comment was made. Pls let me know how can I implement in a VB script.. When the user right clicks the mouse at the end of of his embedde...

Microsoft publisher, how do I set it to show multiple pages?
I'm trying to show more than one page in a single viewing pane. As in for the use of a banner. You'd think that'd be a simple and accesable function. I don't see it anywhere... Print preview has this function. Not sure if this is what you are asking... -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "BrickShort" <BrickShort@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B42E0DAE-9DB6-4587-A157-3C2F5225FA02@microsoft.com... > I'...

Access 2007 pivot
I have a complex query that is based on ERP data exports. I am supporting a multi-dimensional matrix organization. A pivot table would be a perfect tool for analysing sales, margins, and changes for different business units. I have been using Excel pivots a lot and also in this case started with excel. However, the amount of data and usability of reports limits the possibility to distributing information in excel. With Excel I was able to all the tricks especially using the calculated item functionality, which is missing from the access pivot component. What I would like to ha...

How Do I create a Timing Tool
All, I wonder if I can call on your expert advice. I am looking to create a Timing Tool within Excel which will be able t capture timings of specific user defined areas. For Example looking to time specific sections of say for a telephon call and the interaction the agent has with the Computer System..ho long specific actions take...and then from that be able to submit th data into a sheet..and move on to another one. This is so that summary data can be captured and analysed. All help appreciated. Regards Tim Hardin -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Tim, It depends upo...