Create a border of wrapping text?

Does anyone know how to create a border of text that would wrap around the page (horizontal on top, then 90 degrees on the right, upside down on the bottom, and another 90 degrees up the left side)

I have made text boxes and overlayed other objects to force it to wrap the text around the object, but none of the text wrapping choices will do what I want

Any help appreciated
Thanks
John
0
shop (1)

Problems Creating html files with excel sheet
Here is my problem,I have creating Tournament brackets in excel,for the most part I have no problem saving them as htm files and having them look just fine except for my final one,below is 2 examples I have,The first one is almost 100% done except for one bracket tree is missing,now in the second link,if I add a bracket tree to the spot that is missing all but 2 disappear,and I for the life of me cant figure out what to do,can anyone help,if someone needs the excel file to help figure it out just let me know Thanks Steve http://users.zoominternet.net/~dale38/ATownTourney/boysall9bracket.ht...

Chart 'crowding' problem. Chart suddenly overlaps axis text.
My manager created several chart sheets on his system (currently Windows 2000, Excel 2002 I'm pretty sure...he's in a meeting so I can't get his SP#). The charts look good, have a couple added lines to split the quarter visually into three months (the X-axis is the day of the quarter), and it displays both X- and Y-axis labels. When I open them on my system (Windows XP, Excel 2002 SP 2) they look fine. But the following day when I open the workbook the charts are now a little larger and are overlapping the axis labels...very annoying! Any idea why this is happening? The workb...

how do i create a record sheet
i am trying to recreate a record sheeti currently have a copy of but am having trouble doing so. like how do u have text go under each other in the same cell etc. and and how do i put some text above the database but not part of it as in a cell. sorry im not too good at explaining myself Hi Jen Format>Cells>Alignment and select Wrap Text Alter the column width accordingly by hovering the mouse between two column letters until it becomes a double sided arrow, hold left mouse button down and drag to the desired width. If your text is still not coming out as you wish, typing Alt+En...

text wrapping #5
No matter what I do, text will not wrap around my picture. I've done the format picture with the text box options, but it does nothing. The picture has no border, either. I've tried sending it to the back, front, everywehre, nothing works. Why? -- Kathy Kathy wrote: > No matter what I do, text will not wrap around my picture. I've done > the format picture with the text box options, but it does nothing. > The picture has no border, either. I've tried sending it to the back, > front, everywehre, nothing works. Why? =================================== Which vers...

Cleaning up Imported Text
I wrote a web query to get text data from a Federal Reserve Bank site. Here's the site: http://federalreserve.gov/releases/h10/Summary/indexnc_m.txt The query window #1 contains the above address, window #2 is checked for "Only the tables", #3 is set at "Full HTML formatting" (when set at "None", everything went to one column, when set to "Full HTML formatting" results were same as for Rich text). Under the "Advanced" button I left only "Import <PRE> blocks into columns checked. The net result is that everthing flowed into the s...

extract numerical value from text?
Hello, I have several workbooks with several worksheets, each of which has a cell which contains the following text: Duration=1000ms The value '1000' varies, from 500 to 4000, depending on the worksheet. I need to write a macro that uses that value. Is there a way that I can extract that numerical value from the cell, to use in a formula elsewhere? This occurs on 24 sheets in 10 workbooks, so I'd rather not have to type the number into a cell 240 times. Thanks! -Kieran Hi see your other post -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Kieran wrote: > Hello, > > I hav...

Add Text Field Columns
PFDB: IIf(Nz([PFDirect])+Nz([PFBulk])=0,"",Nz([PFBulk])+Nz([PFDirect])) I have two fields both of which are text. When I try to add them as above, I get a concatenated result, not the sum. How does one add them? -- On Fri, 18 May 2007 17:38:49 -0600, bw wrote: > PFDB: IIf(Nz([PFDirect])+Nz([PFBulk])=0,"",Nz([PFBulk])+Nz([PFDirect])) > > I have two fields both of which are text. When I try to add them as above, I get a > concatenated result, not the sum. How does one add them? How does one add "This is text." + "this is also text&qu...

Using a Text / Data output as a cell reference
I am trying to use the end of a column as a divisor and need to convert what i guess is text into an actual cell reference if possible. In column A, say there are 13 data points ending at cell A13. I then try to turn that into a cell reference with the formula ="A"&TEXT(COUNTA(A1:A13,),"0") I put this formula in B1 the output of this is then A13 what i need this to do, is be able to divide any cell by A13. The reason I am going through all this trouble is that there are many columns and each has a different # of data points. I hope this is somewhat clear. Thanks ...

Creating a desktop short-cut in C/C++
Dear programmers, Good morning. As a relative newbie to Win32 development, I am trying to create a short cut from the windows desktop of the current user (who is running my console installation program) to a certain target destination file in the C drive. I am using MSVC++ 6.0 ,and i am using C/C++ as my development language and i intend to solve this problem in C/C++ or using any APIS that can invoked from C/C++. I have 2 questions: 1.How can I automatically locate the Windows Desktop path of the user that is currently logged in? In other words, is there a function to retrieve the D...

axis text formatting
Hi again Posted this to the wrong forum, so am posting again. I have formatted my Y axis text as Trebuchet MS regular 8. When I go t change the alignment of the text, the text becomes distorted an blurred. I cannot find a way to stop it doing this. Thanks Emm -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Emma - That's a problem with trying to resolve fonts on a screen made up of discrete pixels. If you deviate from horizontal or vertical, the fonts don't look as good. Do they improve if you print them using a high resolution printer (300+ dpi)? - Jon ------- Jon Pelt...

Create Lead Problem
I am trying to create a lead using the sample code in the SDK. I cannot get the code to work at all. The code gives the error message "Access is Denied." I also will get the error message "The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote server." The line that does not work is "BizUser.WhoAmI()." Does the code have to run on the CRM server? Thanks for any help you can give me. How are you testing the code? Is it from a Windows app or a Web app? If it's from a Windows app, then as long as you are a licensed CRM user, you sh...

Creating child windows in DLL
Hi, I have regular MFC DLL, which has to create child windows and dialogs with parent, but the parent window is created by the main application, so I can't just pass CWnd* to this DLL and I don't know how to do it. I have one simple idea to pass CWnd::FromHandle( hWnd ) as a child parent ? Is it correct ? Thanks in advance, Kamil kamil wrote: > Hi, > I have regular MFC DLL, which has to create child windows and dialogs > with parent, but the parent window is created by the main application, > so I can't just pass CWnd* to this DLL and I don't know how to d...

Mail Merge - Outlook 2002 and Word 2002
Thank you for your help. We want to use the mail merge feature in Outlook 2002 and Word 2002 to send a "pretty" letter...you know with different fonts, colored text, bolded and underlined....I have tried changing my options in Outlook 2002 and still no "pretty" letters. Please advise any tips. :) Use the mail merge wizard from word!!! That will better suit your needs (Tools-Mail merge) "Rozzzz" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1B461261-B306-49F6-8C16-6AA5C5C7AB72@microsoft.com... > Thank you for your help. > > We want ...

How to change digits in text file
Hello :) It is my first time on this newsgroup, I hope I will find some help here. My boss asked me if I would be able to do the following task. Well, I am unable to do it, but I wonder if it is easy for a decent VBScript programmer to accomplish. Although it has not to be written in VBScript, it was the first thing on my mind, because it can be run on any Windows XP machine without installing additional software. Tell me what you guys think. Is it a good choice for doing such a task? I hope I got the following algorithm right, since I am not a programmer... Well, I...

Creating Student Handouts
I'm looking for suggestion to create my handouts. Currently I'm using Office 2007 and I have the beta 2010. The "notes" section in a slide IMHO is for the speaker not to be printed and passed out as the handout. There are several things wrong with using this method (1) cannot include graphics, (2) formatting is very limited (3) very often not enough room. Thus as I see it I want to create my PP slide show, include my notes in the notes section and create a seperate handout with enhanced notes and figures. Now that I have two files, one for show and one for han...

How to create EXE having some XML files ?
Hello there I am designing one application that would create one exe and pack some resources in it(Like some XML files). Is there any way to do this ? If you are unable to understand it, please Let me know. I'd try to elaborate on it more. ...

Can you modify Outlook Task Reminder text?
The Task reminders that pops up on the applications bar on bottom of screen all say "Reminder - and the date and time." Is there a way to put a name and company or phone on that so you do not have to open each to see them? thanks Jon McEwen No, it is not customizable. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Jon McEwen asked: | The Task reminders...

Creating a membership database
I am trying to create a membership database for a church. I need to have all members entered into the database, then for the members I need to have their spouse name and anniversary, and the names of their children. I am trying to get a subform for each of these into the main form, but when I try to use it it just shows the spouse in the first spot as the spouse for every record. I need to lock or bind this information to each "Master" form. So that joe smith at 123 anyplace somewhere usa will show his spouse and children while joe smith at 456 somewhere anyplace usa w...

How do I flip a text box horizontally?
How do I flip a text box horizontally in Publisher? It flips vertically but not horizontally. Select the text box. Arrange - Rotate -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Tracy" <Tracy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C6890420-FECE-46E1-B0E7-73791E5FA625@microsoft.com... > How do I flip a text box horizontally in Publisher? It flips vertically > but > not horizontally. Copy, paste special as a picture... there are many choices of image formats. Or right-click the text box and save as a picture and then insert. I am guessing you w...

Creating webview folders inside a folder
I am creating a heirarchy of sub-folders, each with a web view and a web url. It all works fine for the main top level folder. However, when I click on the sub folders, they do not have their web view on. Nor do they have a web url in their properties. What gives? Here's the code. Private Sub Login() Dim lSettings As Settings = GetPersistedSettings() Dim nm As Outlook.NameSpace Dim folders As Outlook.Folders Dim fldfoo As Outlook.MAPIFolder Dim exp As Outlook.Explorer nm = applicationObject.GetNamespace("MAPI") nm.AddS...

Can't create EFORMS in Exchange 2003
Setup: 4x Administrative Groups 20x Exchange 2003 servers (SP1) migrated from Exchange 2000 Only one Exchange 2000 (SP4) in 'First Administrative Group' - rest spread over Logged in as user (in a group with Exch Full Admin in Delegation role on top and administrative group level) Aim: I am trying to create Organizational Forms Library and following MS article #Q244591 Problem: In Public Folders - System Folders - on EFORMS REGISTRY right clicking does not give the option 'New' (in order to select/create Organizational Forms). As mentioned above I have logged as Full Exc...

got this weird text selected thing going on
I have a form with a tab control (6 or so pages) when I click on one of the tabs (#2), text in one of the pages text boxes is selected (it shouldn't be). I looked for any set focus stuff, and am not finding any the would cause conflict... dazed and confused any suggestions on what to check? thanks in advance, mark Probably 'tabstop' could be the option you'r looking for.. When the tab has focus it set's it's focus to the control which has 1 on the index and tabstop set to yes. -- Maurice Ausum "Mark Kubicki" wrote: > I have a form with a tab...

Email thread dropping text
One of my users has a thread going with a customer - 3 or 4 responses amongst the two of them. When replying to the fourth one, my user sees all of the email text going back and forth between them. However, the sent email is missing text from one of the messages. The headers are still there, and the signature, but the actual text that the customer sent is gone. This happens on only one email in the thread - the rest of the emails are just fine. Not sure if relates, but this user has a shared email account. I am still searching for an answer and not finding a thing, so I thought I would p...

Lookup returns text?
Is there a function similar to SUMIF for numerical data that will retur text? I have a list of item #'s that have no description. I want to be abl to lookup the item # and return the description from a master list. Any ideas? TEXTIF would be great, but that doesn't exist that I'm aware of. Thanks, Rya -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Ryan Check out the Help for VLOOKUP Regards Trevor "rydolarue >" <<rydolarue.1b8xeb@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:rydolarue.1b8xeb@excelforum-nospam.com... > Is there a function simil...

alignment of big text tools
hi, i want to change the alignment of big text tools from left to right to right to left and the property of aligment doe't exist in Modifer for that tool Pls Help me ASAP thank you in Advance .. Mona I am not sure exactly what you mean, but once you have added static text to a window, you can click on it and change the Alignment Property on the Visual tab. Also, it would be easier if you did not post the same question on multiple discussion forums. David Musgrave [MSFT] Senior Development Consultant MBS Services - Asia Pacific Microsoft Business Solutions http://www.microsoft...