copying text from Davka

When I try to copy text from a document in Davka (which
includes Hebrew and English) into a document in Publisher,
the Hebrew text will only appear in one standard fomat,
rather than the specific Hebrew font from Davka.  The only
options the program is allowing is for the Hebrew to copy
over in Times New Roman or in the Hebrew font we don't
want.  How can I make the specific Hebrew font work in
Publisher when it's copied from Davka?
0
anonymous (74722)

Maybe this article will be helpful...

http://www.google.com/url?sa=U&start=1&q=http://jwit.webinstituteforteachers.org/Importing%2520Judaic%2520database%2520texts%2520into%2520Office.pdf&e=912

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
> When I try to copy text from a document in Davka (which
> includes Hebrew and English) into a document in Publisher,
> the Hebrew text will only appear in one standard fomat,
> rather than the specific Hebrew font from Davka.  The only
> options the program is allowing is for the Hebrew to copy
> over in Times New Roman or in the Hebrew font we don't
> want.  How can I make the specific Hebrew font work in
> Publisher when it's copied from Davka?

0
laserdog (1122)
5/24/2004 7:48:48 PM
I had to Google "Davka" because I've never heard of it. I'm still not
certain what it is.

Anyway, you will need to install whatever font is located within (?) Davka.
After you do, you should be able to view both fonts in your Publisher
document.

Having said that, can you tell me what Davka is?

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

> When I try to copy text from a document in Davka (which
> includes Hebrew and English) into a document in Publisher,
> the Hebrew text will only appear in one standard fomat,
> rather than the specific Hebrew font from Davka.  The only
> options the program is allowing is for the Hebrew to copy
> over in Times New Roman or in the Hebrew font we don't
> want.  How can I make the specific Hebrew font work in
> Publisher when it's copied from Davka?

---

jl_amerson (3088)
5/24/2004 7:56:48 PM
http://www.davka.com/cgi-bin/about.cgi

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"JL Paules" <JL_Amerson@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I had to Google "Davka" because I've never heard of it. I'm still not
> certain what it is.
>
> Anyway, you will need to install whatever font is located within (?) Davka.
> After you do, you should be able to view both fonts in your Publisher
> document.
>
> Having said that, can you tell me what Davka is?
>
> --
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>

> <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When I try to copy text from a document in Davka (which
> > includes Hebrew and English) into a document in Publisher,
> > the Hebrew text will only appear in one standard fomat,
> > rather than the specific Hebrew font from Davka.  The only
> > options the program is allowing is for the Hebrew to copy
> > over in Times New Roman or in the Hebrew font we don't
> > want.  How can I make the specific Hebrew font work in
> > Publisher when it's copied from Davka?
>

> ---

laserdog (1122)
5/24/2004 10:54:15 PM
IIya,
I am not a good person to ask. I did find a couple of articles on the Knowledge Base
that might be helpful. It doesn't address Publisher 97 and your font issue, but it
does address Access 97 and Word and the Cyrillic fonts.
ACC2000: Converting Database Containing Cyrillic Fonts Causes Text to Be Unreadable
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;237363&Product=ofw2k
There are some converters here, how it would get you to Times New Roman is a
mystery...
http://www.siber.com/sib/russify/ms-windows/converters.html
WD97: Square Boxes in Central European, Russian, or Greek Document
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;163813

Do you have the service packs for Office 97?
OFF97: How to Obtain and Install MS Office 97 SR-1
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;172475

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"ilyaz" <ilyaz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Mary,
> I have about the same problem with the fonts, but it is different!!! In my case, I
have Win XP with Office 2000, Word 2000 with Cyrillic and other fonts, and MS
Publisher 97 (I still use and preffer it because it takes my endnotes and I have many
of them).  For a long time, I'd write a piece in Word using Cyrillic Times New Roman
font than either import it or copy and paste in Pub 97. In Pub I use a template with
TNR Cyr, Reg 11, justified. In most instances, the system works just fine. However,
recently I run into this: when I import work from Word into Pub, the text appears
"Greeck", although the language in the window shows TNR Cyr, 11. If I switch to Arial
Cyr, I get text change to Cyrillic. But I need it in TNR! Moreover, if, while in TNR
Cyr, 11, I change the size to 10 or 12, the text changes  to Cyrillic again! So,
looks like in the given case I can get it in  diffirent sizes, but not in the one I
need... What's going on? As I said, this happens on some occasions only.
> Your  suggestions are appreciated.
> Ilya Zeldes
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
> > http://www.davka.com/cgi-bin/about.cgi
> >
> > --
> > Mary Sauer MS MVP
> > http://office.microsoft.com/
> > http://www.mvps.org/msauer/
> > "JL Paules" <JL_Amerson@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > I had to Google "Davka" because I've never heard of it. I'm still not
> > > certain what it is.
> > >
> > > Anyway, you will need to install whatever font is located within (?) Davka.
> > > After you do, you should be able to view both fonts in your Publisher
> > > document.
> > >
> > > Having said that, can you tell me what Davka is?
> > >
> > > --
> > > JoAnn Paules
> > > MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
> > >

> > > <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >

> > > ---

gsauer (5093)
7/19/2004 11:30:21 PM
I'd like to disagree with you, Mary! I found you to be quite a right person
to contact for Publisher problem solving in the past and today, too!
After I checked the MS article about Access 97 and tinkered a little, I got
the problem corrected. So far so good... But I'm still puzzled: why after so
many years of smoooth "publishing" this problem surfaced? Well, this is
another matter...
Thanks again for your help!
Ilya

"Mary Sauer" <gsauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message
> IIya,
> I am not a good person to ask. I did find a couple of articles on the
Knowledge Base
> that might be helpful. It doesn't address Publisher 97 and your font
issue, but it
> does address Access 97 and Word and the Cyrillic fonts.
> ACC2000: Converting Database Containing Cyrillic Fonts Causes Text to Be
Unreadable

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;237363&Product=ofw2k
> There are some converters here, how it would get you to Times New Roman is
> mystery...
> http://www.siber.com/sib/russify/ms-windows/converters.html
> WD97: Square Boxes in Central European, Russian, or Greek Document
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;163813
>
> Do you have the service packs for Office 97?
> OFF97: How to Obtain and Install MS Office 97 SR-1
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;172475
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MS MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://www.mvps.org/msauer/
> "ilyaz" <ilyaz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Mary,
> > I have about the same problem with the fonts, but it is different!!! In
my case, I
> have Win XP with Office 2000, Word 2000 with Cyrillic and other fonts, and
MS
> Publisher 97 (I still use and preffer it because it takes my endnotes and
I have many
> of them).  For a long time, I'd write a piece in Word using Cyrillic Times
New Roman
> font than either import it or copy and paste in Pub 97. In Pub I use a
template with
> TNR Cyr, Reg 11, justified. In most instances, the system works just fine.
However,
> recently I run into this: when I import work from Word into Pub, the text
appears
> "Greeck", although the language in the window shows TNR Cyr, 11. If I
switch to Arial
> Cyr, I get text change to Cyrillic. But I need it in TNR! Moreover, if,
while in TNR
> Cyr, 11, I change the size to 10 or 12, the text changes  to Cyrillic
again! So,
> looks like in the given case I can get it in  diffirent sizes, but not in
the one I
> need... What's going on? As I said, this happens on some occasions only.
> > Your  suggestions are appreciated.
> > Ilya Zeldes
> >
> > "Mary Sauer" wrote:
> >
> > > http://www.davka.com/cgi-bin/about.cgi
> > >
> > > --
> > > Mary Sauer MS MVP
> > > http://office.microsoft.com/
> > > http://www.mvps.org/msauer/
> > > "JL Paules" <JL_Amerson@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Davka.
Publisher

ilyaz (25)
7/20/2004 2:21:12 AM
Ilya logic and probability are words that go with computing.
Why - who knows
If it can go wrong for no apparent reason it will

--

"Never give your mind or heart away"

0
brains (331)
7/20/2004 2:32:34 AM
I appreciate the feedback, Ilyaz, it is always a treat to receive...

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"ilyaz" <ilyaz@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> [...]
> New Roman
> > font than either import it or copy and paste in Pub 97. In Pub I use a
> template with
> > TNR Cyr, Reg 11, justified. In most instances, the system works just fine.
> However,
> > recently I run into this: when I import work from Word into Pub, the text
> appears
> > "Greeck", although the language in the window shows TNR Cyr, 11. If I
> switch to Arial
> > Cyr, I get text change to Cyrillic. But I need it in TNR! Moreover, if,
> while in TNR
> > Cyr, 11, I change the size to 10 or 12, the text changes  to Cyrillic
> again! So,
> > looks like in the given case I can get it in  diffirent sizes, but not in
> the one I
> > need... What's going on? As I said, this happens on some occasions only.

gsauer (5093)
7/20/2004 9:38:07 AM
Yeah, you're right!
Ilya

"��MS-Publisher��" <brains@here.com> wrote in message
> Ilya logic and probability are words that go with computing.
> Why - who knows
> If it can go wrong for no apparent reason it will
>

> --
>
> "Never give your mind or heart away"

0
ilyaz (25)
7/20/2004 2:41:46 PM
You're most welcome. And again, thank you for a good service on this board!.

> [...]
> > > TNR Cyr, Reg 11, justified. In most instances, the system works just
fine.
> > However,
> > > recently I run into this: when I import work from Word into Pub, the
text
> > appears
> > > "Greeck", although the language in the window shows TNR Cyr, 11. If I
> > switch to Arial
> > > Cyr, I get text change to Cyrillic. But I need it in TNR! Moreover,
if,
> > while in TNR
> > > Cyr, 11, I change the size to 10 or 12, the text changes  to Cyrillic
> > again! So,
> > > looks like in the given case I can get it in  diffirent sizes, but not
in
> > the one I
> > > need... What's going on? As I said, this happens on some occasions

ilyaz (25)

Text Box hide & unhinde with mouse?
How do i Attach th text box on the right hand side corner of the sheet and hide it their and when i take mouse their it comes out. Cannot be done in Excel with just a 'mouse-over'. Could be done with VBA (macro) using Worksheet_SelectionChange() event. You would have to click on a particular cell to make it come out (become visible). "Anand vijay" wrote: > How do i Attach th text box on the right hand side corner of the sheet and > hide it their and when i take mouse their it comes out. how do i do that with the help of cell "JLatham" wrote: > C...

find column with text data in row 1
I have the following macro which bounces me back and forth between b:k and m:u Private Sub Workbook_SheetBeforeDoubleClick( _ ByVal Sh As Object, ByVal target As Range, Cancel As Boolean) If Not Intersect(target, Range("B:J")) Is Nothing Then target.Offset(0, 11).Select If Not Intersect(target, Range("M:U")) Is Nothing Then target.Offset(0, -11).Select End Sub Now I would like to build on that. My K Column is my delimiter with the static text 'Totals'. I would like to be able to have the functionality of the above without have the number of columns static, so...

Copy and Paste #6
I would like to copy from one spreadsheet that has hidden rows, and paste to another without pasting the rows I had hidden. ...

text flow
Is there a way to have text flow around the outline of a graphic so the text takes the form of the image? A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from Brian Lubroth <blubroth@communityschool.us>!"... > Is there a way to have text flow around the outline of a > graphic so the text takes the form of the image? Use the "Tight" wrapping option? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ Before reading this message, view the disclaimer: http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm I'm not really looking to wrap the...

Email in plain text?
Does anyone know if CRM can send emails in plain text? HTML seems to be the default. Thanks ...

Copying Border Formatting
Hi folks, I have a large spreadsheet which is essentially a diary. I want to format the days and weeks, with thin and thick borders to distinguish between them. The spreadsheet already has lots of varied fill formatting for meetings that are held. I can't see a way of either format painting, or paste special-ing, just borders. Is it possible? Thanks -- StainlessSteelRat http://www.stainlesssteelrat.net Stanley: It's not gonna end like this. Gabriel: Oh, come on, Stan. Not everything ends the way you think it should. Besides, audiences love happy endings. True enough that...

typing text onto two lines (one above the other) in one cell
What is the command and syntax to do the above? Thank you. Will, Press the Alt-Enter keys at the same time in a sentence to go to a different line within the same cell. ---- Regards, John Mansfield http://www.pdbook.com "Will Naylor" wrote: > What is the command and syntax to do the above? > > Thank you. > ...

keep fill color when copying down a formula?
Hello. I've got a spreadsheet where every other row is filled grey or white. This makes things a bit easier to read in print, but the problem is, when I copy a formula down a column, the fill color comes along with the formula. Is there any way I can ``lock'' the fill color to the cells so that this doesn't happen? Thanks for any help that's out there -- I really appreciate it. R go to the edit menu, choose paste special then check formulas and number formats ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~...

Use a picture as text
I recently saw a brochure made with MS Publisher that had text that was made from a photograph. Does anyone know if this was done in publisher and if so how it's done? It was a picture of a truck on the road seen as several letters to form the picture. The letters looked like word art. Thank you "KathySam" wrote: >I recently saw a brochure made with MS Publisher that had text that was >made > from a photograph. Does anyone know if this was done in publisher and if > so > how it's done? It was a picture of a truck on the road seen as several > letter...

Number Stored As Text 11-18-09
What property of a cell should I check to determine whether that cell contains a number stored as text? I have some cells which Excel 2007 tells me, via the office assistant, are numbers stored as text. I want to loop through all the cells in the used range testing for and correcting this. Paul Smith On Nov 18, 12:11=A0pm, "Paul W Smith" <p...@NOSPAM.twelve.me.uk> wrote: > What property of a cell should I check to determine whether that cell > contains a number stored as text? > > I have some cells which Excel 2007 tells me, via the office as...

Display text as date
Hey guys :) I use this formula =">="&DATEVALUE(Files!D3)+TIMEVALUE(Files!D3) to display and use as filteroption. (Dont ask why I have to do this exercise....) However the formula works all right but the display appears as decimalnumber in this text expression: Actual displayed: >=40170,6145833333 Wanted displayed: >=23.12.2009 14:45:00 I KNOW that there is some way to transform the expression displayed, but have not found anything useful on the web - so far. Are there anybody called to give me a hand on this one? Best regards Snoopy (Wish you a Happy ...

Credit Card Receipts 2 Copies
How do I get 2 copies to print when I run a credit card? ...

Copy descriptions into notes
Hi, My customer is unhappy about the 5000 character limit on description fields and would like to use notes instead. Is there a sensible way to copy his current description field into notes? Cheers, Marcin you need some form of data migration tool. Either write a utility using the SDK or look at a tool like scribe ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.crowecrm.com "Marcin" <Marcin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3A74D3C2-C92A-4E0C-87B6-7C44ECF16B86@microsoft.com... > Hi, > My customer is unhappy about the...

copy a cell value not its function
Excel question: ce11 A1 value=500 Cell B1 value=600 Cell C1 value=2000 Cell D1 value=50 Cell E1 value=C1-D1-B1-A1 use contrl+D to copy cell E1 value all the column down to cell E100 What I wnat is to use contrl+D to copy E1 value not its fuction. Please if someone could help. Hi KC, To copy down the snapshot value of E1: Select E1 | Copy | Select E1:E100 | Paste Special | Values | Ok -- OR -- To copy down a value which wll equal E1 and reflect any change in E1: Select E1 | Select the entire formula in the formula bar and hit F4 to convert to an absolute formula | drag down --- Reg...

Copy and Paste changes colour
When I copy elements from one Publisher 200 file and paste them into another Publisher 2000 file they change colour. Red goes blue, and green goes yellow. Bizzare! Can anyone explain this please. John the issue you describe is unknown in any version of Publisher. I would suggest you need to update your video driver from the website of your video card manufacturer. Make sure you get the correct version for your video card and operating system. I am sure that will fix your issues. -- The US should free all those illegally held prisoners they are torturing, abusing and denying human right...

outlook 2003
since upgrading to Outlook 2003, my rules don't work property anymore. when i specify a message to "move it to specified folder", Outlook always leaves behind a copy of the message in the original folder it arrived in. sounds to me like a bug. anyone know how to fix this? Darchon <misc@echoesofsilence.com> wrote: > since upgrading to Outlook 2003, my rules don't work property > anymore. when i specify a message to "move it to specified folder", > Outlook always leaves behind a copy of the message in the original > folder it arrived in. > ...

Regarding field data disappears from CRM Task when copying to Cale
I've created a workflow rule so that a TASK is created, whenever I've made an ORDER in CRM. In Outlook, I sometimes schedule or time register by copying tasks to the Outlook Calendar, thus converting them to an Appointment in the process. Hereby, the field "Regarding" (placed just right of "Track in CRM") which refers to the ORDER from which the TASK was created, is emptied, and I have to point to the order again manually. Does someone know of a method to solve this problem? Thanks ...

Shapes/Text
How can i make words in the shape of a heart (for example) I want my words to illustrate a shape. Please help. You really can't, Publisher can add text to a shape, but only as a rectangle. If you have patience I have a method on my web page that shows how to do text in shape of a heart. Takes some work. Scroll way to the bottom of the page. http://msauer.mvps.org/more_graphics.htm -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "ShapeUser" <ShapeUser@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CABE22F7-82BF-40C9-8125-09E088C090C6@microsoft.com... ...

Copy range to different columns depending on cell value
What I would like to do is look at a range (A6:IXXX), where XXX is the last row of the range, and if there is NOT an "X" in I6, copy that row to another range (K6:S6), this would look at each row and copy to the new range if "I" is empty. Is this possible to do? Try this Sub MoveRange() Dim I As Long Dim aLastRow As Long Dim dLastRow As Long Dim ws As Worksheet Dim aRange As Range Dim dRange As Range Set ws = Worksheets(2) aLastRow = ws.Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row For I = 6 To aLastRow Set aRange = Range(&q...

two identical copies of the same file in Excel
When I open Excel from our network I get two identical copies of the same file. What ever I do to one happens in the other. If I close, for example, WireList.xls:1, WireList.xls:2 closes. If I change WireList.xls:1, WireList.xls:2 changes. What causes two copies of the same file to open Running in Windows 2000 Professional, Excel 97 SR2(I Thanks! Press Ctrl + F4 to close one window, then save the workbook. This happened because somebody saved the workbook while 2 windows were open. -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Clint Eastwood" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ...

Text print size
Hello, here is my problem, when printing an excel sheet, the size of texts seems to be bigger than on the screen. The effect is that some of them are cutted : they fill in the cells only on the screen. On the printed page (or on the print preview) the text is bigger, and does not fit anymore. I do not understand why the text size is not the same on the screen and when printing. I tryed with True Type or not / I tryed qith auto-scale of the page or not / always the same result. What's the matter ? How to change that ? -- dc any idea ? any one ? Are you writing about text in...

format for two rows of text
Is there a way to enter two rows of text in a single cell or row of cells? To start a new line in a text, press Alt+Enter Charlie wrote: > Is there a way to enter two rows of text in a single cell > or row of cells? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

Need VBA code to enter text into a textbox !!!!
Does anybody know one line of code that will allow me to enter a number into a textbox on a worksheet. when I record a macro I get.. Sheets("venn").Select ActiveSheet.Shapes("Text Box 27").Select Selection.Characters.Text = "123" I thought this implies I could code this like so... Dim sht as sheet set sht = activesheet.shapes("Text Box 27") sht.characters.text = "123" set sht = nothing But this does not work !! what is the correct way of doing this ? How about: Option Explicit Sub testme() Dim sht As W...

Find number in Row 1, Copy Paste Values in Rows below
I'm looking for help with a macro that will allow me to find every column (from D:W) with a number in row1 (any number) and will copy the formula on row 2 to row 100 on that column. For example: if cell D1 = 3 then copy the formula on D2 and paste on D3:D100 (also, IF POSSIBLE, copy D3:D100 AGAIN and paste as values on the same range) repeat for all column where row1 has a number Any help would be appreciated. Give this macro a try... Sub CopyFormulas() Dim Cell As Range For Each Cell In Range("D1:W1").SpecialCells( _ xlCellTypeCon...

Seperating text, backwards to frontwards
Hi All, I have a field which is like the below example: "Disappointed at failure - 68 Interior equipment - Repair group: Body - ..Archive" Now I want to split this into fields, as per below: A B C D ..Archive Repair group: Body 68 Interior equipment Dissapointed at failure I know that I can use text to columns to split the field by the "-" but then how do I get it reversed? NOT all of the fields can be split into 4, sometimes there can be up to 7 or as little as 1. Does anyone have an answer? Regards Adam ...