Copying and Pasting Between Published Documents

Hi
I have created  a 132 Document in Publisher 2007
I needed to make a highly customised and intelligent Index so I created a
second document and typed the index in that, having both documents open on
extended Windows Pages

I thought it would be easy to move the index from the second document into
the first document containing the text
It does not appear possbible to copy and paste table pages between the two
publisher documents

Is there any way I can accomplish this task without retyping the Index in
the first document

Roger Stenson

0
roger9774 (6)

Roger,

1. Create on your 132 page document a blank page where you wish to place the
information (Insert > Page),
2. Click the page that you wish to copy (second document, I suppose).
3. Hold Ctrl, and press letter "A" (Xtrl+A) to select all. Ctrl+C to copy
the contents to the Clipboard.
4. Return to the blank page in the 132 page document and click the page,
Ctrl+V to insert the contents of the Clipboard into that page.

"Roger Stenson" <roger@stensons.org.uk> wrote in message
> Hi
> I have created  a 132 Document in Publisher 2007
> I needed to make a highly customised and intelligent Index so I created a
> second document and typed the index in that, having both documents open on
> extended Windows Pages
>
> I thought it would be easy to move the index from the second document into
> the first document containing the text
> It does not appear possbible to copy and paste table pages between the two
> publisher documents
>
> Is there any way I can accomplish this task without retyping the Index in
> the first document
>
> Roger Stenson

0
Anthemwebs (309)
7/9/2008 2:06:30 AM
You also have to remember when using a table, unlike Word the table will not
span pages.
How did you create the index table, does it fit on one page?

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Charles W Davis" <Anthemwebs@lvcoxmail.com> wrote in message
> Roger,
>
> 1. Create on your 132 page document a blank page where you wish to place the
> information (Insert > Page),
> 2. Click the page that you wish to copy (second document, I suppose).
> 3. Hold Ctrl, and press letter "A" (Xtrl+A) to select all. Ctrl+C to copy the
> contents to the Clipboard.
> 4. Return to the blank page in the 132 page document and click the page,
> Ctrl+V to insert the contents of the Clipboard into that page.
>

> "Roger Stenson" <roger@stensons.org.uk> wrote in message
>> Hi
>> I have created  a 132 Document in Publisher 2007
>> I needed to make a highly customised and intelligent Index so I created a
>> second document and typed the index in that, having both documents open on
>> extended Windows Pages
>>
>> I thought it would be easy to move the index from the second document into
>> the first document containing the text
>> It does not appear possbible to copy and paste table pages between the two
>> publisher documents
>>
>> Is there any way I can accomplish this task without retyping the Index in the
>> first document
>>
>> Roger Stenson

0
mary-sauer (6480)
7/9/2008 9:22:24 AM
Before you get your index right you will come to realize Pub is for
newsletter type things and Word is for long documents that need and index.

John G.

"Roger Stenson" <roger@stensons.org.uk> wrote in message
> Hi
> I have created  a 132 Document in Publisher 2007
> I needed to make a highly customised and intelligent Index so I created a
> second document and typed the index in that, having both documents open on
> extended Windows Pages
>
> I thought it would be easy to move the index from the second document into
> the first document containing the text
> It does not appear possbible to copy and paste table pages between the two
> publisher documents
>
> Is there any way I can accomplish this task without retyping the Index in
> the first document
>
> Roger Stenson

0
green1 (38)

A document with the name "xx" is already open......
Opening excel documents directly from the My Documents folder with the program not open we get the following error message: "A document with the name "xxx.xls" is already open. You cannot open ttwo documents with the same name, even if the documents are in different folders. To open the second document, either close the document that's currently open or rename one of the documents" No other documents are open. When we close the error message everything is fine. When we first open Excel and then open from there, we do not get this error message. How can we...

Publishing an internal CRM web site using ISA
Hi all, I was wondering if its possible to publish an internally hosted CRM 1.2 web site to the internet using ISA 2000 ? I've done the basics as far setting up the web publishing and when I try and pull up the site, I get a network logon prompt which I think makes sense since the site seems to use network authentication to determine who you are. What I cannot figure out, is what to enter at this login prompt. I've tried my account, the administrator account and no luck. Anybody have any idea what to do ? Thanks Nick are you being prompted for Username password domain? or on...

Copy Charts
I know this is simple, but I cannot remember how. I want to copy a chart into another worksheet, but do not want to keep the links, just the picture and data as it is. Select the chart, hold Shift while clicking on the Edit menu, choose Copy Picture, and use the On Screen and Picture options. Go to the place you want the chart image to appear, and use plain old Paste (Ctrl+V). - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "archsmooth" <archsmooth@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

Encryption and Decryption with office 2007 document
Hi, I am working on VS 2005. I want to upload and download office 2007 document . below is the code giving warning whlie downloading the file. warning is saying of corruption of content . But if i click on yes it shows the file content. I don't want this warning message. Please help me. I am downloading and uploading data in chunks. Private Sub SaveWithEncrypted() If System.IO.File.Exists(Server.MapPath("~") + "/test/test1.docx") Then File.Delete(Server.MapPath("~") + "/test/test1.docx") End If Dim theStream As System.IO.Str...

How to share documents between different versions of Publisher.
My at-home desktop has Publisher2003 and I can't e-mail documents to the office desktop which uses Publisher 2000. What can I do to correct this impass? Do a "Save as" in the format of the oldest format of the Publisher versions that will be opening the file. -- Don Vancouver, USA "jcslks" <jcslks @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7D7C8C59-9F0C-4AFD-A582-EE968E68B350@microsoft.com... > My at-home desktop has Publisher2003 and I can't e-mail documents to the > office desktop which uses Publisher 2000. What can I do to correct this ...

Converting a string date field/node in an XML document to Date type in a dataset
I am having problems with Date Strings when using VS.net method of converting an XML document to a dataset. I need the the date nodes to be of date type. As I am loading the Dataset to a datagrid, and I using the sort facility to sort by date. Currently the dates are being treated as strings. ree32@hotmail.com (ree32) wrote in message news:<7606ccc8.0409192108.3cbebe24@posting.google.com>... > I am having problems with Date Strings when using VS.net method of > converting an XML document to a dataset. > > I need the the date nodes to be of date type. As I am loading the ...

Copy worksheets and formats
Hi, I have a worksheet (budget) set up as 31 columns representing days of a month. I also have a worksheet designated as yearly, 12 columns for each month. The first worksheet, Jan, totals numerous rows and sends the data to the Jan column of the monthly WS. I need to copy the Jan worksheet in a way it will change the Jan! to Feb!, then Mar!, etc. If I copy it as is the data will be the same as the month of Jan. Hope you can understand this. I can't ;+) Ken More than one way, but an easy way if each month formulas are the same is to copy Jan sheet, and paste them into the Feb a...

Where is the text strikethrough command in Publisher?
Please use this space to be courteous. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher You lost in this white space somewhere! ...

Copying the column heading into all non-empty cells #3
Gord you're a genius! Thanks so much - that works a treat! Sorry I didn't get back to yo last night - I'm in London and it was past my bedtime. The reason I'm copying the headings into the rows by the way, is that have a database which I want users to be able to search, and it's easie if I just have have one column listing all the Amenities for each hotel rather than 120. Incidentally, my next move is to now merge all the cells in each ro into one, with the amenities separated by spaces. I've just downloade a "Merge Cell Wizard", which has accomplished th...

Copy Company Utility for Analytical Accounting
Copy company utility does not provide the option to copy the master records of Analytical Accounting module. Is there any othere utility? Salman, Install Dynamics GP SDK and locate "AnalyticalAccountingTableDesignDocument.doc" document, it has the descriptions for all the setup tables in AA module. Create DTS package to copy the needed tables from the first company to the new one. Regards, -- Mohammad R. Daoud MVP, MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS Mob: +962 - 79 -999 65 85 Great Package For Business Solutions daoudm@greatpbs.com http://www.greatpbs.com http://moh...

dialog for each new document
Hello, I want that my application shows a dialog each time a new document is created. What I've done is to create the dialog in the OnFileNew() of the application class. An example: void CMyApp::OnFileNew() { CWinApp::OnFileNew(); AfxMessageBox("Initial message"); } My problem is that when I open the application only the message is shown, but the application is not shown in the background. �What I do wrong? Thanks in advance. This sounds like your project is for an MDI application. The MDI application won't display it's window until the OnFileNew returns to the...

Prevent Cut and Paste
Hello, I have designed a workbook containing many drop windows. Other people use this book. It contains 31 sheets (one for each day of the month). The issue I am having is, lots of users cut and paste the information from one row to the next or one page to the other when selecting the same information. When they do this, it screws up my formulas. All parts of the page are locked except the drop windows that they are cutting and pasting. Can I allow them to select information from the drop windows but prevent them from copy and pasting or cutting to another row or pa...

The document 'Filename' caused a serious error
The document 'Filename' caused a serious error the last time it was opened. Would you like to continue opening it? Does anyone have any other fixes, the microsoft one did not work Hi you may try OpenOffice. Sometimes it seems to be able to 'repair' corrupted Excel files better the MS does -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Efrain wrote: > The document 'Filename' caused a serious error the last > time it was opened. Would you like to continue opening it? > > Does anyone have any other fixes, the microsoft one did > not work ...

Macro to paste hyperlinks
Hey ya'll, Real quick one, hopefully. :) In the below code, if I wanted to paste the values (shown), and then the formats and hyperlinks, what would I need to add? Would I add '.Cells.PasteSpecial xlFormats' and '.Cells.PasteSpecial xlHyperlinks'? If sh.Visible = -1 Then sh.Select With sh.UsedRange .Cells.Copy .Cells.PasteSpecial xlPasteValues .Cells.Select End With Application.CutCopyMode = False End If Range("A1").Activat...

Publisher 2003 Templates do not act like Templates
Hi. :-) Ever since I installed Publisher 2003, the Templates have not behaved like templates. When I click a Template, instead of the default "New" Publisher document, the Template itself opens up with the same name as the template. In other words, Publisher 2003 templates simply behave like regular Publisher documents, not like templates. (My Word 2003 templates behave normally.) Similarly, when I open up Publisher, in the "New Publication" pane on the left, when I click on "Templates," instead of showing my templates in my C:\Documents and Settings\<...

Publisher 2007 open files problem with Server 2003
I have a very small network using Server 2003 and when we used Publisher 2003 It downloaded files from the Server to the Client Computers very fast. Now It takes 2-3 min. for small files and 3-5 min. for large files. There are a lot of pictures in these files but the same files opened in pub 2003 with no problems. Is there a solution for this issue. Thanks for your help. Maybe this article is your answer An Office program is slow or may appear to stop responding (hang) when you open a file from a network location http://support.microsoft.com/kb/833041 -- Mary Sauer http://m...

How to turn off maximizing other documents when opening a new word
When you have a few word documents minimizes and you open a new word document, one of the minimized documents maximizes too. Is there a way to get rid of that annoyance? ...

Converting Publisher 2003 to PDF
When I convert a 2003 Publisher document to Adobe 6 Standard my Hyperlinks are not active, any ideas, when I convert a Word doc it works fine. Thanks What program are you using to create the pdf file? I use PDF-XChange to create a pfd file out of a Publisher file and my hyperlinks are active. -- Don Vancouver, USA "Blake" <Blake@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AF891A30-893D-4ABB-8DE3-4668927EDDB7@microsoft.com... > When I convert a 2003 Publisher document to Adobe 6 Standard my Hyperlinks > are not active, any ideas, when I convert a Word doc i...

Copy same formula to all worksheets in a workbook
Hello guys! I have a table with some formulas saved in workbook "A". Once a month, I receive workbook "B" and it has several worksheets in it (sometimes almost a thousand). I need to copy the table with formulas from workbook "A" and paste it into every-single-worksheet in workbook "B". In the same cell address (C25 for example). As of today, I copy the table and then I go to each worksheet to paste it but I am pretty sure there is a way to do it with a macro or a instruction and save me all that pasting over and over and over again... :S...

copying/pasting
when i try to copy paste from one workbook to another, my formatting i not copied, only the data gets copied, how do i copy paste along wit the formattin -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com try edit>paste special -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "praptisahni >" <<praptisahni.16tebk@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:praptisahni.16tebk@excelforum-nospam.com... > when i try to copy paste from one workbook to another, my formatting is > not copied, only the data gets copied, how do i copy paste along with > the formatt...

Why does my Excel document only prints the underscores?
I printed Sheet 1 of 4 and only the underscores printed. All other pages printed correctly. ...

How to copy custom number formats
Hello All I have a custom number format for a Excel Cell A1 which is #,##0.00 "CAD" and in A1 I now have a value 1000 CAD. I have assigned cell B1 as =A1 but an external application when the report is run populated now cell A1 as 20000 MXP and now my cell B1 says 20000 CAD and not 20000 MXP and when I check the format for B1 it still as the format as #,##0.00 "CAD" whereas now the format of my cell A1 is #,##0.00 "MXP" appears only the value and not the format is being copied. Can any of you suggest a workaround to resolve this problem. Many thanks Simon ...

Conditional copy cells from one excel file into current
Hello All, Does a macro (or function or ??) exist to conditionally copy value from a stored spreadsheet into the current (open) spreadsheet? Here's the scenario: Stored spreadsheet is two columnsof text (~200 rows) : Think explici question in column one, then the correct answer in column two of th same row. Then my current (open) spreadsheet has SOME of the same questions i column one. I would like to invoke a [macro?] that, in pseudo code, does somethin similar to the following: for each row (question in column 1) of the current spreadsheet Search in column 1 of *stored* spreadshee...

convert a power point slide index to publisher
How can I convert a power point program to publisher. Copy and paste -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "mike" <mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:59F29BB7-2C39-48C5-95AF-75BE5854144F@microsoft.com... > How can I convert a power point program to publisher. ...

how do i get publisher 2003 to print in pantone on my new zerox 6.
i have a new 6250dp Zerox Phaser Tectronix printer. I cannot get the colors in Publisher to print correctly. Can someone tell me what to do? A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from lori <lori@discussions.microsoft.com>!"... > i have a new 6250dp Zerox Phaser Tectronix printer. I cannot get the > colors in Publisher to print correctly. In what way are your your colours not what you want? Is it, say, that colours are generally a little too light or too dark, or that green is printing as blue, or pink as green? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft...