copy/pasting

I run pub 07 on two different computers to do a church bulletin.  When I copy
and paste from emails or Word for one everything goes fine, but to the other
computer and Pub program it copies then pastes them in its own text box for
each paragraph I copy.
So I set one text box  in Pub, copy and paste an email with 3 paragraphs for
example and in the text box I have created in Pub, I get 3 new text boxes
within the one I created.
Then a box appears to the right that gives me two options: 1. "Keep Source
Formatting" 2. "Keep Text Only  --- and I have to choose, is there a default
that is different on these two computers/Pub programs???  thanks
0
MeUSA (3)

you wouldn't want to keep the source formatting if its from an html email.

which version of Publisher are you using?

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rob Giordano

"MeUSA" <MeUSA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I run pub 07 on two different computers to do a church bulletin.  When I
> copy
> and paste from emails or Word for one everything goes fine, but to the
> other
> computer and Pub program it copies then pastes them in its own text box
> for
> each paragraph I copy.
> So I set one text box  in Pub, copy and paste an email with 3 paragraphs
> for
> example and in the text box I have created in Pub, I get 3 new text boxes
> within the one I created.
> Then a box appears to the right that gives me two options: 1. "Keep Source
> Formatting" 2. "Keep Text Only  --- and I have to choose, is there a
> default
> that is different on these two computers/Pub programs???  thanks

0
webmaster911 (1600)
7/17/2009 3:14:23 AM
07, on both computer, and using Windows Live Mail, sent in Rich text fromat

"Rob Giordano [MS MVP]" wrote:

> you wouldn't want to keep the source formatting if its from an html email.
>
> which version of Publisher are you using?
>
> --
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Rob Giordano
> Microsoft MVP Expression Web
>

> "MeUSA" <MeUSA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I run pub 07 on two different computers to do a church bulletin.  When I
> > copy
> > and paste from emails or Word for one everything goes fine, but to the
> > other
> > computer and Pub program it copies then pastes them in its own text box
> > for
> > each paragraph I copy.
> > So I set one text box  in Pub, copy and paste an email with 3 paragraphs
> > for
> > example and in the text box I have created in Pub, I get 3 new text boxes
> > within the one I created.
> > Then a box appears to the right that gives me two options: 1. "Keep Source
> > Formatting" 2. "Keep Text Only  --- and I have to choose, is there a
> > default
> > that is different on these two computers/Pub programs???  thanks

0
MeUSA (3)
7/17/2009 11:11:02 AM
Use Paste Special, unformatted text.

--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

> 07, on both computer, and using Windows Live Mail, sent in Rich text fromat
>
> "Rob Giordano [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> you wouldn't want to keep the source formatting if its from an html email.
>>
>> which version of Publisher are you using?
>>
>> --
>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>> Rob Giordano
>> Microsoft MVP Expression Web
>>

>> "MeUSA" <MeUSA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > I run pub 07 on two different computers to do a church bulletin.  When I
>> > copy
>> > and paste from emails or Word for one everything goes fine, but to the
>> > other
>> > computer and Pub program it copies then pastes them in its own text box
>> > for
>> > each paragraph I copy.
>> > So I set one text box  in Pub, copy and paste an email with 3 paragraphs
>> > for
>> > example and in the text box I have created in Pub, I get 3 new text boxes
>> > within the one I created.
>> > Then a box appears to the right that gives me two options: 1. "Keep Source
>> > Formatting" 2. "Keep Text Only  --- and I have to choose, is there a
>> > default
>> > that is different on these two computers/Pub programs???  thanks

0
mary.sauer (2018)

How to copy/paste info into the protected sheet
I trying to copy/past info from one sheet to another that is protected. However even though the info copies into the sheet I have to debug my macros for some reason since it always takes me automatically to the VB page. I would not like to have to use password that the user needs to enter every time he tries to copy/paste info nor would I like to define users that will be able to do that since I don't know who will be using the document. Is there a way to do this and still not have to change my macros. Thanks >>Is there a way to do this and still not have to change my ma...

How to copy a formula as text to another cell?
Is there an easy way to copy formulas as text to other cells (for use as a reference)? Audrey Wrote: > Is there an easy way to copy formulas as text to other cells (for use as > a > reference)? Put an apostrophe before the formula and it will be converted to a text. -- BenjieLop ------------------------------------------------------------------------ BenjieLop's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=11019 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=345999 You can also just not copy the = or edit it out after pas...

Paste into visible cells
I have a situation where I'm trying to copy a range (e.g. A1:D5) into a sheet with hidden rows. I cannot find a way to paste into visible cells only. (I can copy FROM visible cells only, but cannot paste TO visible cells only). Does anyone know if there is a way to do this? -- ERR229 Sometimes you can sort the range first--so that your intended paste range is nicely grouped. Then paste. ERR229 wrote: > > I have a situation where I'm trying to copy a range (e.g. A1:D5) into a > sheet with hidden rows. I cannot find a way to paste into visible cells only. > (I can c...

Pasting Links
Hi Everyone I am really really really hopeless!!! It's me again!!! I was pastin column a to c from sheet1 to sheet2. It's working fine but the zero are driving me crazy. There will be zeros if there's no value in th cell. How can we get rid of these zeros and at the same time, stil keep the links? Cheer -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi I assume you use a formula lie ='sheet1'!A1 change this to =IF('Sheet1'!A1="","",'sheet1'!A1) and copy this formula -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "hce >" &l...

Pasting data in Excel (from PDF files-Acrobat)
I'm trying to paste data from PDF.files (Acrobat) into an Excel spreadsheet. I am currently using the data function: "text to column" in order to organize the data in Excel. This require a lot of work Does Excel have any other function that I can use? Any suggestions.. Regards Keith If you have the full version of Acrobat (6.0 is the current i think) yo can select and alter the text in Acrobat and paste into excel rathe easily... -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com This website may help you out... http://www.library.mcgill.ca/edrs/services/publications/how to/P...

How to copy rows from another spreadsh without copying of hidden r
How to copy rows from another spreadsheet without copying of hidden rows? Ruslan, Hit CRTL + A to select all cells. Or select your range Edit, Go To, Special, Visible cells only, OK Copy and paste to new sheet. -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2000 & 2003 ** remove news from my email address to reply by email ** "Ruslan" <Ruslan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:13230937-C092-4F15-BD31-32AA067B9404...

Copy "x" number of worksheets
Instead of using Edit => Move or Copy Sheet for each worksheet I want to copy, is there an alternative method that will allow me to specify the worksheet I want to copy, and the number of copies I want to make? Hi no built-in method -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Kirk P." <KirkP@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:8A5B82F5-BA05-4C47-B97C-66136B64280B@microsoft.com... > Instead of using Edit => Move or Copy Sheet for each worksheet I want to > copy, is there an alternative method that will allow me to specify the > worksheet I w...

Excel cannot sum columns when pasting from web page
hello, i have a problem with summing data that i copy from the web. sometimes i am on page and i select rows from a table and paste into my Excel 2003 document. everything pastes fine and the columns are all there. however i am unable to sum the columns that appear to be numeric. i get a #VALUE! error. so then i select the cells and change the format to numeric but it still doesn't work. anyone have any suggestions? thanks, v. Hi after changing the format try: - select an ampty cell and copy this cell - select your imported data - goto 'Edit - Paste Special' and choose the...

Accounting Problem. Complex Copy/Paste and Index/Match too.
I have to look at debits and credits spit out by in the form of a database query. For whatever reason, the query results are basically split into quadrants like 1 & 2 on the top and 3 & 4 directly underneath. Data appears only in quadrant 2 (upper right) and 3 (lower left), on a sheet named ‘Sheet1’. For the most part all debits are perfectly offset with matching credits and all credits are perfectly offset with matching debits . . . unless the persons entering the data mistype (and people do make mistakes). There could be a couple hundred entries for instance, let’s ...

Restricting pasting, except for Paste Values
Within this Discussion Group, I have searched for "restrict pasting" and "prevent pasting", but I have been unable to find a thread that solves my problem. I have created a worksheet in which I have added conditional formatting and validation rules to various cells. Most of my users typically copy data from an Outlook e-mail message, a Word document, or a PowerPoint file and paste it into my worksheet. When they do this, however, the conditional formatting and validation rules get overwritten. I reached out to this Discussion Group and asked if there was...

copy worksheet with formulas but not data
I have a worksheet with formulas that I need to copy for each month. The worksheet is filled in with data, but I only want the formulas, lables, headings, formats etc not the actual data. How can I do this? Any help is appreciated greatly. How about copying the worksheet exactly and then clearing all the data? After copying, enter and run this small macro: Sub clearit() Dim r As Range For Each r In Selection If IsNumeric(r.Value) Then If r.HasFormula Then Else r.Clear End If End If Next End Sub It will clear numbers, but l;eave formulae and text alone. -- Gary's Student...

Copy & Paste #3
What's wrong with Excel in office XP? When I copy information from worksheet and try to paste them in a new worksheet, Excel will paste whole different text in the new worksheet? Simply the original text will disappear and something new is created in the new worksheet. Is there some options that I should put on/off which would make this problem disappear? I hope that someone can understand this english. thank you! This is not a known Excel 2002 problem and I think it has something to do with your local setup. Try starting Excel in "safe mode" (from Start->Run type &...

Copy / Pasting ONLY value. Paste format NOT allowed
I know about locking and protecting a sheet. How to get a user with minimal rights to copy and paste only the value and not the format? You can compaire it with Paste Special > Values Bart Excel 2003 Bart, See hatmans final post in this thread http://www.mrexcel.com/board2/viewtopic.php?t=239997&highlight=copy Regards Jon von der Heyde -- Jon von der Heyde ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Jon von der Heyden's Profile: http://www.officehelp.in/member.php?userid=485 View this thread: http://www.officehelp.in/showthread.php?t=127023 Post...

how do I copy several lines of word text into one excel cell?
In a word doc I need to copy several lines of text and paste them into one excel cell. I can't seem to find any help telling me how to do this (each line pastes into a different cell) You can either double click the cell or press F2 key to get into edit mode for the cell, then the text pasted would all go into the cell. -Simon "jhh" wrote: > In a word doc I need to copy several lines of text and paste them into one > excel cell. I can't seem to find any help telling me how to do this (each > line pastes into a different cell) thank you SO much Simon CC - ...

Copying toolbars from one profile to another
Excel 2002 I have copied the toolbar files from one profile to another and it doesn't seem to have the right icons. But when I load the Excel10 file from the new profile's directory it works. How can I set it up to use this new profile? Thanks in advance. ...

Copy formula without changing references [Excel 2007]
Hello! In my Workbook I have many cells with data validation settings as follows: Allowed data: List Source: =INDIRECT(L9) Now, I`d like to change the source formula to the following: =IF(M9="P";INDIRECT(L9);R11:R21) When I check the option "Make changes in every cell with the same settings", Excel does it, but it also adjusts the cell references" Is there a way to automatically change the formula in every cell with the same settings, but leaving the formula untouched? The formulas to be changed are not next to each other, they are located throughout the Wo...

Transpose copy
Hi, I have a table in columns A trough E and the data in columns C and D, I need to repeat and copy in a sigle column(column p for instance) in this order: d1 d1 c1 c1 d2 d2 c2 c2 .. .. .. I was trying with an expresion like: =INDEX($D:$D,(ROW())) for and easy copy but can not figure out a proper formula (I need formulas in the cells not values)... any help ? Enter this formula and copy down: ="^="&CHAR(67+IF(MOD(ROW()-1,4)<2,1,0))&FLOOR((ROW()-1)/4,1)+1 Paste Special > Value Then Find/Replace the caret character Prima !!! it worked like a charm ! Mika ...

Copying Formulas
When I copy a formula from one spreadsheet to another (2 different files, not worksheets within the same file), the file name of the spreadsheet that I am copying FROM is copied to the cell of the spreadsheet that I am copying TO. I only want the formula itself, not the spreadsheet name. I tried PASTE SPECIAL but it didn't work. Thanks in advance for any help. In EXCEL 2007 when doing the Paste Special select the Formulas radio button then hit OK and you will get just the formula without the spreadsheet name. If my comments have helped please hit Yes. "Gingerly&q...

pasting into locked cells-urgent
i need information to be pasted into a sheet but once this is done th users are not able to make any change -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi I may be wrong, and if so don't shoot me But if, once you've set up your formulas then protected your sheet normally that cell should be safe Unless I misunderstood your question Rex "tarynnl >" <<tarynnl.1ak67w@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:tarynnl.1ak67w@excelforum-nospam.com... > i need information to be pasted into a sheet but once this is done the > users are not able to ...

Excel crashes after copy and paste of charts
Hello, I am using Excel 2002 and Micsosoft Windows 2000 Professional. In my excel file I first create two sheets, one with only one chart an another with two charts, then copy and paste the charts into worddocument. Then I remove the sheets. I do this over and over in loop, and after about 60 times (this varies) I get the message: "Microsoft Excel has encountered a problem and needs to close. We ar sorry for the inconvenience" and then Excel crashes. Any suggestions about how to solve this problem? Thank you, Sir -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

I am having trouble in copying a text between word documents
I am having trouble in copying a text from a word document to another word document. I mark the desired text and press ctrl-c in one document and then go to the other document and press ctrl-v and nothing happens ! I can copy a text between a word document and a notepad and then, between the notepad and the word document, but never between word documents ! The trouble started when I tried to copy from a message in outlook (where I use the word as editor) to a word document and it didn't work ! It is funny because I can copy texts to the subject area of the mail message, but ...

Copy and paste text
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel I am copying text from InDesign CS4 and pasting it into a Word Mac 08 doc. The Word doc is breaking the line endings at really awkward places, for exapmle: it is breaking patio after the p with no hyphen and obviously the hyphenation would be wrong. Sometimes it's breaking in the middle of the line and won't let me backspace without losing a character. It is happening quite a bit and I can't find any formatting issues that would be causing this. <br><br>Thank you. Copy and Paste from InDesign ...

Copying multi Check Boxes
Hello Group, is it possible to copy and paste mutiple check boxes at a time. I can not figure out how to select more than one checkbox at a time, so that I can cut/copy and paste. TIA, James Hold down the Ctrl key as you click each box. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >Hello Group, >is it possible to copy and paste mutiple check boxes at a >time. I can not figure out how to select more than one >checkbox at a time, so that I can cut/copy and paste. >TIA, > >James >. > And if they're close together, you can lasso them. Then copy t...

I want to copy/export a range of cells into another program
I need to copy a range of cells, then export or copy them to another program, they don't have to be functional, i.e. still in Excel format, i just need the picture of the cells. Does that make any sense? Help me if you can... -- David Try Ctrl-C top copy the cells and Ctrl-V to paste them. This should work; if it doesn't post back. If my comments have helped please hit Yes. Thanks. "David" wrote: > I need to copy a range of cells, then export or copy them to another program, > they don't have to be functional, i.e. still in Excel format...

Problem copying a formula in Excel 2003
My company recently upgraded to Excel 2003, SP2. I created a spreadsheet for a co-worker with some example formulas and gave her instructions on how to copy the formulas to the correct locations on a new spreadsheet she would create. She imports text files once a month and these formulas do some analysis of that text. When she tries to copy from my spreadsheet to hers she gets the current value of the example formula instead of the formula itself. It�s as if she were doing a Paste Special and choosing Values. While working with her I did try to do a Paste Special, intending to choose Formu...