Copy from one publisher document to another

I am trying to help my father. He has created a bunch of individual publisher
documents that he is now copying and pasting into one publisher document with
multiple pages (he didn't know he could add pages originally). We are doing
this by opening publisher twice and selecting all of an individual page and
then copying. We then paste it into a blank page in the new multiple page
publication. Our problem is that when we paste the items don't always land
centered on the new page. Can anyone help us with this? My dad had Publisher
2003.

Thanks,
Barbara
0
IndianMC (1)

Select all, Cntrol A, then under Menu item Arrange, Select group.  This will
group the selected items into one large item that you can then move.  You
should be able to copy the group and paste the items and have them stay in
the same positions relative to each other.  After you copy them you can
ungroup so you can move them individually if needed.

"IndianMC" wrote:

> I am trying to help my father. He has created a bunch of individual publisher
> documents that he is now copying and pasting into one publisher document with
> multiple pages (he didn't know he could add pages originally). We are doing
> this by opening publisher twice and selecting all of an individual page and
> then copying. We then paste it into a blank page in the new multiple page
> publication. Our problem is that when we paste the items don't always land
> centered on the new page. Can anyone help us with this? My dad had Publisher
> 2003.
>
> Thanks,
> Barbara
0
LRToney (2)
1/12/2007 3:40:00 AM
In Publisher, place your cursor arrow where you want the information pasted,
right-click, paste.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"LRToney" <LRToney@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Select all, Cntrol A, then under Menu item Arrange, Select group.  This will
> group the selected items into one large item that you can then move.  You
> should be able to copy the group and paste the items and have them stay in
> the same positions relative to each other.  After you copy them you can
> ungroup so you can move them individually if needed.
>
> "IndianMC" wrote:
>
>> I am trying to help my father. He has created a bunch of individual publisher
>> documents that he is now copying and pasting into one publisher document with
>> multiple pages (he didn't know he could add pages originally). We are doing
>> this by opening publisher twice and selecting all of an individual page and
>> then copying. We then paste it into a blank page in the new multiple page
>> publication. Our problem is that when we paste the items don't always land
>> centered on the new page. Can anyone help us with this? My dad had Publisher
>> 2003.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Barbara

0
mary-sauer (6480)

I can't back space more than one character or repeat a character,
I was prompted while filing out a form to have duplicate key strokes stopped. I made the mistke of accepting and now I can't type any dupe characters without difficulty (must pause momentarilly) and I can't back space without the same pause. I also cannot find how to disable the thing. This happens in all typing situations, including here. You've probably enabled FilterKeys, one of the Accessibility Options. You can turn it off in Windows Control Panel and at the same time disable the shortcut key that you pressed to enable it. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft M...

Training registration: how to pick multiple entries for one course
A client is currently using a QBF to select an employee to register for a training class. Now, we want to allow for multiple employees to be selected to register them at the same time for one class. Looking for examples, sample code, or even a basic layout of how to approach this change. Thank you in advance for your help, Dawn -- Dawn Bjork Buzbee On Tue, 29 May 2007 09:05:00 -0700, Dawn Bjork Buzbee <DawnBjorkBuzbee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >A client is currently using a QBF to select an employee to register for a >training class. Now, we want to allow for multip...

Purge data based on another Excel file???
I am attempting to purge data from a large list based on data in another document. I have the files I want to remaove in on file and the file I want to remove them from. There should be simple way to do this no? ...

Publisher/Word auto saving to C Drive
I teach in a computer Lab and when students are editing text using Publisher, it takes them to Word andafter editing they close Word, I get a "Permission Error . . C drive." When I do it on my computer (has some admin. privileges) it works. How and where does one change where Word 'appears' to automatically save? AND/OR Can this be changed without giving all students Administrative Privileges? Thanks. ...

Can't change default print resulotion in Publisher 2003
In Publisher 2003, I tried to change the print quality via the "Printer Properties" dialog box, but that didn't change the print resolution. I clicked "Advanced Print Settings..." in the print dialog box, but the only drop-down choice next to "Resolution" is "Default," which doesn't say what the default is but seems to be set at Super-fine. How do I cange the print resolution to Normal or Draft? Thank you. Don Burgess <DonBurgess@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > In Publisher 2003, I tried to change...

Copying text value based on long (comlex) calculation
I am not sure how to even search for what I want to do, so please forgive me if my first post has been discussed and resolved ad naseum in the past... Here is my situation: - I have a workbook that contains multiple sheets. - Each sheet contains auto parts from different suppliers, sorted by part number. - Some suppliers have parts that overlap with each other and the various sheets are updated as pricing and availabilty of parts change. - I am using a combination of the VLOOKUP and MIN functions to determine which supplier has lowest cost based on a comparison of part numbers and price ac...

Add comments to emailed publisher doc
I am sending an invitation as part of the body of an email. I want to add a comment to the email as well. Can I do this? Although your question was already answered three days ago, here's another take on it: Unless you are absolutely sure that all of your recipients can and will receive HTML emails, it is probably a better bet to send the invitation as a PDF attachment and place your comment in the body of the email. Many people will not accept HTML emails because viruses can be hidden within them. Bruce "slaine" wrote: > I am sending an invitation as part of the b...

HELP!! Publisher won't open
I have Publisher 2000. When I click on the icon on the desktop, the program opens to the catalog page. When I click on 'existing files'. the program closes down. I can open the existing file in Windows Explorer, but as soon as I click on something, it closes down. This is a relatively new computer running Windows XP Media Center. I have been able to access my existing file before on this system. Can someone please help? Can you open Publisher in Safe Mode? Do you have a default printer enabled? Insert your 2000 disk, select repair. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.micros...

auto number a word document each time it is opened
Hi there, I would like to know how to have a number update automatically each time the document is opened. I have tried all the avenues I know and still have had no luck. I am using word 2003 and have no experience with macros, however I am keen to learn. I am struggling to get the below advice to previous users " http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/NumberDocs.htm. " to work for me. It keeps coming up with error messages after I have created the macro, the main one being "Compile Error: Expected Function or variable" for the "Order =" and then...

Can't copy comments between spread sheet
I can't copy the cell comments from one sheet to another. All other formating gets copied. Try copy then paste special and select comment! Cheers John "Plan Schedule" <planschedule@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:4b4f01c4801d$c40befa0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I can't copy the cell comments from one sheet to > another. All other formating gets copied. ...

I can't print in publisher
We have just has a new photocopier / printer / scanner / facsimile machine installed, and we can print everything out fine - except in publisher. When I open a publisher file and go file / print and select the printer, it just comes up with an error message, and shuts down any advice would be very helpful e-mail :- admin@bestbusinessbuys.co.nz Thanks Nick What is the error? Try this, open the Printer folder, set some other printer as default, the Generic Color PS printer will do, open your file, print, select your new printer. Does the file print okay? Publisher saves printer settings w...

Microdoft Publisher 2007 trial on Vista
Hi Just downloaded the trial Publishwer 2007 version onto my HP Pavillion notebook pc and cannot find it! I have got a validation code but no programme to insert it in. Have tried searchin gfor the programme but can't see it anywhere. Any clues? Many thanks Jayney ...

Copy/Paste Excel Macro
Hello, What I'm trying to do is automate a process using an excel macro. What I need the macro to do is to look for a blank cell in a range of data in Column A, and whenever there is a blank space within that range, paste some specific above information into this row. (I'm formatting an excel file after taking it from another program). I would greatly appreciate any help! Thank you! You could record a macro to filter on blank in coloum A then paste a formula +cell above- this would then fill in your blanks -- Thanks for your help "Justin" wrote: >...

how do i set up page 2 on the post car in Publisher?
I am trying to create a 2 sided post card. I have created the page w/ the information. How do I get the send and return addresses on the other side? Flip side <Flip side@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I am trying to create a 2 sided post card. I have created the page w/ > the information. How do I get the send and return addresses on the > other side? Insert > Page? Is this a mail merge? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher Hey there...If you used a preset template in the wizard for postcards, it will automatically provide 2 pages...

Using VBA
Hello, I have a summary timetable sheet, and each customer has a differen colour. If someone is due to visit them on day x, then the cell i shaded in that particular customer. I then have an individual sheet for each customer and I want to be abl to copy the formatting from the summary to the individual custome sheet without having to cut and paste for each individual customer. This is what I have so far Dim Cell As Object Dim CurrentCell As Object Range("B10:Y200").Select For Each Cell In Selection If Cell.Interior.ColorIndex = 52 Then Cell = CurrentCell Sheets("Cus...

Conditional Copy
I have a spreadsheet with 25,000 rows of data. I need to copy all rows which have the same value in colum A to a new sheet. Is there any way to do this automaticaally. Assume there are 50-60 different sheets that need to be created. As a second condition could I have this rename the name of the sheet to match the value in Column A? Thanks Hi, you will need to ascertain what the common value is to identify. For example: if any cell in column A has "YES" then copy that entire row(?) and paste it ot a new sheet. If you cannot get any help here, could you send some sample data a...

Copying Multiple Cells to One Cells
Copying multiple cells into one cell as a summary. Eg I have a list of items in seperate cells in one worksheet and wish to summarise them in another worksheet in one cell. Can this be done =B2&C2&D2&E2 Will concatenate the value contained in the individual cells B2,C2,D2 and E2. You can also use concatenate(B2,C2,D2,E2) unlikeKansas "Chas" wrote: > Copying multiple cells into one cell as a summary. Eg I > have a list of items in seperate cells in one worksheet > and wish to summarise them in another worksheet in one > cell. Can this be done &g...

Excel Web Service - Multiple Pivot Charts
Hi, I have an Excel2007 dashboard, which contains more than 5 pivot charts. Its a testing dashboard, which has got several defect metrics based on same data source. I am publishing these pivot charts to Sharepoint using excel web service. Currently I need to fiter all pivots one by one to see the charts for different parameter. something like (if I need to select the defects for different releases, i select them one by one in all pivots). I know, i can create a simple macro to trigger updates to all pivots. But the problem I am facing is - After I publish the pivot charts to Sharepoint. Mac...

Upload Publisher to GoDaddy?
Hey all, I have googled, and googled and I am having problems uploading my publisher website to godaddy. Any ideas? I did save it as a HTML, and downloaded that Microsoft Web Publisher tool. I am running Publisher 2002 and have XPP at home. I'm on a cable modem. I have followed the instructions on this website http://ftphelp.secureserver.net/Publisher/wpw1.htm And it consistently times out at this location..after I enter my logon and password http://ftphelp.secureserver.net/Publisher/wpw11.htm Please help. Thanks Tony In the future you don't need google, I recommend you use ht...

Copy and insert multipel rows after each row of data
I need to copy a row and insert it 19 times in the rows below it, for 100+ rows. You have 100+ rows. One column or many columns of data? Each row is to be duplicated 19 times for a total of 1900+ rows when complete? You want to do this manually or by code? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 3 Jun 2010 15:36:44 -0700, myork = <myork@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I need to copy a row and insert it 19 times in the rows below it, for = 100+=20 >rows. Try the below macro.. Sub MyMacro() Dim lngRow As Long lngRow = 1 Do While Range("A"...

I want to create a document that looks like notebook paper?
This newsgroup is for questions about Access, the database product that's part of Office Professional. From your use of the word "document", I'm guessing that your question is related to Word, not Access. I'd recommend you repost your question to a newsgroup related to Word. When you repost, I'd recommend that you use the empty space to put some details, rather than simply posting a subject line. Information such as what version of Word you're using, and what operating system, can be useful to the responder. You might also indicate what exactly you mean ...

Document Properties in header / footer without VBA
Hello, I was looking for way to insert document properties, also maybe custom doc properties into the header or footer of Excel WITHOUT the usage of vba macros. e.g. something like if you would like to insert the date &[date] I would like to use &[Author] but excel doesnt accept stuff like this. is there a way?! somehow. thanks a lot hans Hi not possible without VBA. So no way to do this witout macros -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany hans werner wrote: > Hello, > > I was looking for way to insert document properties, also maybe custom > doc properties into ...

show another column when hovering on a point in a chart
Is it possible to show another column when you hover on a point? I have 3 columns, A, B, and C for a scatter plot I have B and C as x and y coordinates of a point, and I'd like to have Excel show A when I hover on the point. thanks, Wei ...

Newbie
Hmmm... This is a challenge to put into words, but here goes. I have to make a simple bar graph showing sales results from our ten clients. All I want for each client is a bar with what we budgeted their sales would be for the year, and...one bar next to that one that actually shows two values - sales year-to-date and then ON TOP of that sales expected by year end. So, for example...if client "Alpha" has a sales budget of $100,000 we'd see a bar showing $100K, and if their sales year-to-date is $80,000 and we expect $30,000 more in sales the bar next to the "budget&...

Word saves document as .docx AND folder with weird stuff in it