Copy and Paste.

Hello Folks, Hope you are all well.

What I have tried to do is select every object on a page and paste it into a
new publication. Sounds simple?
However, when I try to do this on a page which has a table in it and then
try to paste that, the size of the table goes haywire. It then becomes a
manual task again to have to resize it / put text back to where it belongs
etc.

Please can someone tell me why this is happening and if there is a way to
fix to make it a simple copy and paste. Am using Win Xp and Publisher 03.

Your help is and always has been very much appreciated.
Thanking you in anticipation.
<-><-><-><->
Big Rick
0
BigRick (138)

Is that a file you can share with me? I'd like to see if I can duplicate the
issue.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Big Rick" <BigRick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello Folks, Hope you are all well.
>
> What I have tried to do is select every object on a page and paste it into
> new publication. Sounds simple?
> However, when I try to do this on a page which has a table in it and then
> try to paste that, the size of the table goes haywire. It then becomes a
> manual task again to have to resize it / put text back to where it belongs
> etc.
>
> Please can someone tell me why this is happening and if there is a way to
> fix to make it a simple copy and paste. Am using Win Xp and Publisher 03.
>
> Your help is and always has been very much appreciated.
> Thanking you in anticipation.
> <-><-><-><->
> Big Rick

0
jl_paules (2768)
5/28/2008 12:13:35 AM
Hi. Thanks for replying.
Please can you let me have your email address so I can send the files.
I understand about you not being able to type the *actual* address.

Regards
<-><-><-><->
Big Rick

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

> Is that a file you can share with me? I'd like to see if I can duplicate the
> issue.
>
> --
>
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
> Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies"
>

> "Big Rick" <BigRick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello Folks, Hope you are all well.
> >
> > What I have tried to do is select every object on a page and paste it into
> > new publication. Sounds simple?
> > However, when I try to do this on a page which has a table in it and then
> > try to paste that, the size of the table goes haywire. It then becomes a
> > manual task again to have to resize it / put text back to where it belongs
> > etc.
> >
> > Please can someone tell me why this is happening and if there is a way to
> > fix to make it a simple copy and paste. Am using Win Xp and Publisher 03.
> >
> > Your help is and always has been very much appreciated.
> > Thanking you in anticipation.
> > <-><-><-><->
> > Big Rick

0
BigRick (138)
5/28/2008 2:53:13 AM
send it to jl underscore paules at hotmail dot com.

--

> Hi. Thanks for replying.
> Please can you let me have your email address so I can send the files.
> I understand about you not being able to type the *actual* address.
>
> Regards
> <-><-><-><->
> Big Rick
>

> "JoAnn Paules" wrote:
>
>> Is that a file you can share with me? I'd like to see if I can duplicate
>> the
>> issue.
>>
>> --
>>
>> JoAnn Paules
>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>> Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies"
>>

>> "Big Rick" <BigRick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hello Folks, Hope you are all well.
>> >
>> > What I have tried to do is select every object on a page and paste it
>> > into
>> > new publication. Sounds simple?
>> > However, when I try to do this on a page which has a table in it and
>> > then
>> > try to paste that, the size of the table goes haywire. It then becomes
>> > manual task again to have to resize it / put text back to where it
>> > belongs
>> > etc.
>> >
>> > Please can someone tell me why this is happening and if there is a way
>> > fix to make it a simple copy and paste. Am using Win Xp and Publisher
>> > 03.
>> >
>> > Your help is and always has been very much appreciated.
>> > Thanking you in anticipation.
>> > <-><-><-><->
>> > Big Rick

0
jl_paules (2768)
5/28/2008 1:05:15 PM
Okay............I was able to duplicate the problem. Publisher just isn't as
"table-friendly" as I'd like. However, if you select everything on your
original table and group it, you can copy and paste it into your target
publication. That seems to maintain the size you need to fit on your page.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Big Rick" <BigRick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi. Thanks for replying.
> Please can you let me have your email address so I can send the files.
> I understand about you not being able to type the *actual* address.
>
> Regards
> <-><-><-><->
> Big Rick
>

> "JoAnn Paules" wrote:
>
>> Is that a file you can share with me? I'd like to see if I can duplicate
>> the
>> issue.
>>
>> --
>>
>> JoAnn Paules
>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>> Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies"
>>

>> "Big Rick" <BigRick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hello Folks, Hope you are all well.
>> >
>> > What I have tried to do is select every object on a page and paste it
>> > into
>> > new publication. Sounds simple?
>> > However, when I try to do this on a page which has a table in it and
>> > then
>> > try to paste that, the size of the table goes haywire. It then becomes
>> > manual task again to have to resize it / put text back to where it
>> > belongs
>> > etc.
>> >
>> > Please can someone tell me why this is happening and if there is a way
>> > fix to make it a simple copy and paste. Am using Win Xp and Publisher
>> > 03.
>> >
>> > Your help is and always has been very much appreciated.
>> > Thanking you in anticipation.
>> > <-><-><-><->
>> > Big Rick

0
jl_paules (2768)
5/28/2008 8:16:41 PM
Hello JoAnn

The grouping suggestion did work. I thought it was going to be a *whole*
load of extra work. Some of the tables are a lot more complex than the one I
sent you.
Many thanks for your time and effort. It really is appreciated.

<-><-><-><->
Big Rick

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

> Okay............I was able to duplicate the problem. Publisher just isn't as
> "table-friendly" as I'd like. However, if you select everything on your
> original table and group it, you can copy and paste it into your target
> publication. That seems to maintain the size you need to fit on your page.
>
> --
>
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
> Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies"
>

> "Big Rick" <BigRick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi. Thanks for replying.
> > Please can you let me have your email address so I can send the files.
> > I understand about you not being able to type the *actual* address.
> >
> > Regards
> > <-><-><-><->
> > Big Rick
> >

> > "JoAnn Paules" wrote:
> >
> >> Is that a file you can share with me? I'd like to see if I can duplicate
> >> the
> >> issue.
> >>
> >> --
> >>
> >> JoAnn Paules
> >> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
> >> Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies"
> >>

> >> "Big Rick" <BigRick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
BigRick (138)
5/28/2008 11:47:00 PM
Hi. me again!

I spoke (ok, typed) to soon. Please can you try this out.
Select the seven simple tables on a sheet, group them, paste to a new
publication, save publication. Every seems ok.
Then open that new publication and the tables are haywire again.
I think even you is going to find this one a bit of a challenge!
(I wont bore you with the small detail that when i did this on a more
complex table, the even the original suggestion doesn't work!)

Hoping you can help me a little bit further.
--
<-><-><-><->
Big Rick

"Big Rick" wrote:

> Hello JoAnn
>
> The grouping suggestion did work. I thought it was going to be a *whole*
> load of extra work. Some of the tables are a lot more complex than the one I
> sent you.
> Many thanks for your time and effort. It really is appreciated.
>
> <-><-><-><->
> Big Rick
>

> "JoAnn Paules" wrote:
>
> > Okay............I was able to duplicate the problem. Publisher just isn't as
> > "table-friendly" as I'd like. However, if you select everything on your
> > original table and group it, you can copy and paste it into your target
> > publication. That seems to maintain the size you need to fit on your page.
> >
> > --
> >
> > JoAnn Paules
> > MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
> > Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies"
> >

> > "Big Rick" <BigRick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi. Thanks for replying.
> > > Please can you let me have your email address so I can send the files.
> > > I understand about you not being able to type the *actual* address.
> > >
> > > Regards
> > > <-><-><-><->
> > > Big Rick

0
BigRick (138)
5/29/2008 12:34:00 AM
I can't duplicate this with Publisher 2003. I have used tables I created in the
nineties and they copy/paste correctly. I tried your test, seven small tables,
they also copied/pasted correctly without having to resize or do text
correction. Are you using a standard font?

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

> Hi. me again!
>
> I spoke (ok, typed) to soon. Please can you try this out.
> Select the seven simple tables on a sheet, group them, paste to a new
> publication, save publication. Every seems ok.
> Then open that new publication and the tables are haywire again.
> I think even you is going to find this one a bit of a challenge!
> (I wont bore you with the small detail that when i did this on a more
> complex table, the even the original suggestion doesn't work!)
>
> Hoping you can help me a little bit further.
> --
> <-><-><-><->
> Big Rick
>

> "Big Rick" wrote:
>
>> Hello JoAnn
>>
>> The grouping suggestion did work. I thought it was going to be a *whole*
>> load of extra work. Some of the tables are a lot more complex than the one I
>> sent you.
>> Many thanks for your time and effort. It really is appreciated.
>>
>> <-><-><-><->
>> Big Rick
>>

>> "JoAnn Paules" wrote:
>>
>> > Okay............I was able to duplicate the problem. Publisher just isn't
>> > as
>> > "table-friendly" as I'd like. However, if you select everything on your
>> > original table and group it, you can copy and paste it into your target
>> > publication. That seems to maintain the size you need to fit on your page.
>> >
>> > --
>> >
>> > JoAnn Paules
>> > MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>> > Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies"
>> >

>> > "Big Rick" <BigRick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
mary-sauer (6480)
5/29/2008 9:55:04 AM
I'll be glad to help. I'll see what I can do in a bit.  :-)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Big Rick" <BigRick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi. me again!
>
> I spoke (ok, typed) to soon. Please can you try this out.
> Select the seven simple tables on a sheet, group them, paste to a new
> publication, save publication. Every seems ok.
> Then open that new publication and the tables are haywire again.
> I think even you is going to find this one a bit of a challenge!
> (I wont bore you with the small detail that when i did this on a more
> complex table, the even the original suggestion doesn't work!)
>
> Hoping you can help me a little bit further.
> --
> <-><-><-><->
> Big Rick
>

> "Big Rick" wrote:
>
>> Hello JoAnn
>>
>> The grouping suggestion did work. I thought it was going to be a *whole*
>> load of extra work. Some of the tables are a lot more complex than the
>> one I
>> sent you.
>> Many thanks for your time and effort. It really is appreciated.
>>
>> <-><-><-><->
>> Big Rick
>>

>> "JoAnn Paules" wrote:
>>
>> > Okay............I was able to duplicate the problem. Publisher just
>> > isn't as
>> > "table-friendly" as I'd like. However, if you select everything on your
>> > original table and group it, you can copy and paste it into your target
>> > publication. That seems to maintain the size you need to fit on your
>> > page.
>> >
>> > --
>> >
>> > JoAnn Paules
>> > MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>> > Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies"
>> >

>> > "Big Rick" <BigRick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
jl_paules (2768)
5/29/2008 1:08:40 PM
Hello Mary.
What can I say. Even JoAnn found a problem!
Maybe I could send you the file as well to see what you could do?

Best regards
<-><-><-><->
Big Rick

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> I can't duplicate this with Publisher 2003. I have used tables I created in the
> nineties and they copy/paste correctly. I tried your test, seven small tables,
> they also copied/pasted correctly without having to resize or do text
> correction. Are you using a standard font?
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Big Rick" <BigRick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi. me again!
> >
> > I spoke (ok, typed) to soon. Please can you try this out.
> > Select the seven simple tables on a sheet, group them, paste to a new
> > publication, save publication. Every seems ok.
> > Then open that new publication and the tables are haywire again.
> > I think even you is going to find this one a bit of a challenge!
> > (I wont bore you with the small detail that when i did this on a more
> > complex table, the even the original suggestion doesn't work!)
> >
> > Hoping you can help me a little bit further.
> > --
> > <-><-><-><->
> > Big Rick
> >

> > "Big Rick" wrote:
> >
> >> Hello JoAnn
> >>
> >> The grouping suggestion did work. I thought it was going to be a *whole*
> >> load of extra work. Some of the tables are a lot more complex than the one I
> >> sent you.
> >> Many thanks for your time and effort. It really is appreciated.
> >>
> >> <-><-><-><->
> >> Big Rick

0
BigRick (138)
5/29/2008 10:36:13 PM
The only thing I saw that went off were the little "original" and "green"
text boxes and I suspect that's because you use centimeters, my defaults are
inches. The tabs were off but not by a lot.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Big Rick" <BigRick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi. me again!
>
> I spoke (ok, typed) to soon. Please can you try this out.
> Select the seven simple tables on a sheet, group them, paste to a new
> publication, save publication. Every seems ok.
> Then open that new publication and the tables are haywire again.
> I think even you is going to find this one a bit of a challenge!
> (I wont bore you with the small detail that when i did this on a more
> complex table, the even the original suggestion doesn't work!)
>
> Hoping you can help me a little bit further.
> --
> <-><-><-><->
> Big Rick
>

> "Big Rick" wrote:
>
>> Hello JoAnn
>>
>> The grouping suggestion did work. I thought it was going to be a *whole*
>> load of extra work. Some of the tables are a lot more complex than the
>> one I
>> sent you.
>> Many thanks for your time and effort. It really is appreciated.
>>
>> <-><-><-><->
>> Big Rick
>>

>> "JoAnn Paules" wrote:
>>
>> > Okay............I was able to duplicate the problem. Publisher just
>> > isn't as
>> > "table-friendly" as I'd like. However, if you select everything on your
>> > original table and group it, you can copy and paste it into your target
>> > publication. That seems to maintain the size you need to fit on your
>> > page.
>> >
>> > --
>> >
>> > JoAnn Paules
>> > MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>> > Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies"
>> >

>> > "Big Rick" <BigRick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
jl_paules (2768)
5/29/2008 11:03:11 PM
As JoAnn pointed out, it could be the difference between the measurement
defaults. I would very much doubt it however. JoAnn's could be observing a paper
change. Your default is A4 where her default is probably Letter. Objects would
appear to be in a different place on the screen if the stock size didn't match.

This could be your issue too.

Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
http://msauer.mvps.org/

> Hello Mary.
> What can I say. Even JoAnn found a problem!
> Maybe I could send you the file as well to see what you could do?
>
> Best regards
> <-><-><-><->
> Big Rick
>

> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> I can't duplicate this with Publisher 2003. I have used tables I created in
>> the
>> nineties and they copy/paste correctly. I tried your test, seven small
>> tables,
>> they also copied/pasted correctly without having to resize or do text
>> correction. Are you using a standard font?
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "Big Rick" <BigRick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi. me again!
>> >
>> > I spoke (ok, typed) to soon. Please can you try this out.
>> > Select the seven simple tables on a sheet, group them, paste to a new
>> > publication, save publication. Every seems ok.
>> > Then open that new publication and the tables are haywire again.
>> > I think even you is going to find this one a bit of a challenge!
>> > (I wont bore you with the small detail that when i did this on a more
>> > complex table, the even the original suggestion doesn't work!)
>> >
>> > Hoping you can help me a little bit further.
>> > --
>> > <-><-><-><->
>> > Big Rick

0
mary-sauer (6480)
5/30/2008 9:52:42 AM
I changed my paper szize to A4.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

>>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>>
>>> "Big Rick" <BigRick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
jl_paules (2768)

pasting of variable cell value into macro
I have written a macro that runs an autofilter which grabs cell info from a different worksheet within that workbook (an entered date). It then uses that date to autofilter. It works fine the first time, but aparently plugs that info permanently into the macro and will not work on subsequent runs. I need a macro that will grab variable info from a certain cell each time and run with that new cell value each time. Any ideas?. (& yes, I am a newbee) sorry.. Your problem is refreshing the autofilter. It is best to clear the old filter before applying the new filter. Here ...

Generic Volume Shadow Copy Driver Problem
In the last couple of days whenever a SBS backup is started using Shadow backup or a shadow backup is scheduled it fails as it is unable to load the driver. The found new hardware wizard runs and it states that the driver is unsigned and you should not install it. Of course as I am not present to click "Continue" the operation times out and fails. Hello, Thanks for your post. Could you please provide with more information such as the exact error message or VSS related Event log when the NTbackup fails? Meanwhile, according to my experience, you may try to rename t...

Copy paste error
paste option is disable when ever I paste excel document to a newly opened word file. How can i solve this issue Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Compressed Ink for Tablet PC and Windows XP http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/19098f32-1011-4131-9e55-48e1700cf5a9/compressed-ink-for-tablet.aspx ganeson r, Have you tried first inserting a table in your word document then pasting the excel file into the table? hth "ganeson r" wrote: > paste option is disable when ever I paste excel document to a newly opened word file. How can ...

Possible to copy sheets into another (closed!) workbook?
Hi there Would anyone know how I can copy some worksheets into another workbook which is closed. The files are so big that I can't open them both at the same time. Thank you very much! Manuel Do it in batches. Open bigfile1 and copy the sheets to a new workbook. Close bigfile1 and open bigfile2. Copy the sheets from newbook to bigfile2. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On 17 Feb 2005 16:25:39 -0800, "Grotifant" <mschlabbers@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi there > >Would anyone know how I can copy some worksheets into another workbook >which is closed. The files are so b...

All my past emails are missing.
I used Outlook this morning to check emails, everything was working correctly. I went back this afternoon and only my new emails are here, all my old ones are missing. I opened Windows Live to check to see if my past emails are still there, and they were. So I marked some of the files as not read. Outlook Connecter brought some files into Outlook, but they are all empty. Even files that I had flagged still show the flag, but they are empty. How do I get my old files back? I forgot to add Outlook Connecter Version is: 12.0.6423.1000 "Dave" wrote: > I u...

outlook run 2 copies
can I install and run to copies of outlook for 2 diffrent users and could they have both of them open at the same time Nope, you can only have one profile opened at a time. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com "Brad" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:869a01c3e90d$ab38aa10$a601280a@phx.gbl... > can I install and run to copies of o...

how do i copy an entire workbook and paste it in another
The way to ask your question would have been in the subject line Copy Workbook In the body of the message, ask your question. Perhaps an answer is File>saveas>>>>> -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "BELINDA" <BELINDA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BF918BEB-A237-4F63-BE3D-C6605E40256D@microsoft.com... > ...

Copy Data From Chart to Chart #4
I have to create separate charts for ten employees. I want to have all the data on one sheet tab. Create the chart on another tab for employee 1, format the chart the way I want and be able to add the data for employee 2, 3, 4, etc. to each tab, using the same format for chart 1 so they all match. So there should be one tab for raw data and 10 tabs for each employee. I’m using Excel 2000 Thank you Please stop reposting and read the responses you've already received. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://Peltie...

Unable to copy images in emails
I can no longer copy animated images embedded in forwarded emails. When I right click "save picture as" I receive an error message that says "file type not specified for system." What to do? ...

How do you turn the Paste Options Button off on Mac Operating systems.?
Version: 2008 I have worked with PCs for a long time and know how to turn the Paste Options Button off, but do not know how to do it on my Mac computer. <br> Thanks for your help! Hello, On 2009.12.16 9:11, in article 59baf1f3.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "clannom@officeformac.com" <clannom@officeformac.com> wrote: > I have worked with PCs for a long time and know how to turn the Paste Options > Button off, but do not know how to do it on my Mac computer. Go to the Word - Preferences command (this is the equivalent of the Windows version's "...

What is the quickest way to copy a table to an array?
Hi everyone, I have a table to process. It can vary in size between 2-4 columns and 2-100 rows. The table is a simple thing, containing just plain text. What is the quickest/nicest way to copy the content of the table to a 2D array? Stephenc stephenc wrote: > Hi everyone, > > I have a table to process. It can vary in size between 2-4 columns > and 2-100 rows. The table is a simple thing, containing just plain > text. > > What is the quickest/nicest way to copy the content of the table to a > 2D array? > > Stephenc I would do this in th...

How to copy files from 1 server to another
I am using a utility (Macro Scheduler) to copy a folder (with sub-folders) from 1 server to another overnight as a backup. (WS2008 to WS2003 - utility runs on WS2003 machine) However if a file is locked the whole copy is terminated. Are there utilities on the servers and/or comercial products that will do this even when a file is locked for use. -- Regards Tom "ThomasAJ" <ThomasAJ@discussions.microsoft.com> said this in news item news:7A680B16-555C-4F1B-8BD4-F5EDA979F12F@microsoft.com... > I am using a utility (Macro Scheduler) to copy a folder (wit...

New copy
Just purchased Money Premium 2005 via download from the web.. We need to reinstall it. Where is the location from which we can redownload the file without charge? In microsoft.public.money, Magnus wrote: >Just purchased Money Premium 2005 via download from the >web.. > >We need to reinstall it. >Where is the location from which we can redownload the >file without charge? Try http://shop.microsoft.com/moneyupgrade/purchasequestion.asp EXACTLY the reason for everybody reading not to make this mistake. Go to the store and buy a CD like the rest of us. Imagine trying...

I Still don't know how to save a copy of my emails in the server
I still cannot solve this problem, please tell me the exact steps of how to enable or leaving a copy of my E-mails on the server. Also, please make sure that we talking about Microsoft Outlook 2007. Thank you. "Brian Tillman" wrote: > alei307 <alei307@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > > > When I open Outlook 2007, it synchronizes all of my E-mails from my > > yahoo server to Outlook 2007. I want to keep a copy of my E-mails on > > my Yahoo Server, how do I do that in Outlook 2007? > > In your account properties, enable the option to le...

Hided values appears when I'm copying/pasting it to other worksheet
So, in one worksheet I have some data and there is some colums hided. When I selecting all that data and pasting to other worksheet, al these hided colums or rows values appears and I have to hide it again. Is there possibility to copy/paste in such way, that these hided value don't appear again? Thanks in advance Best Regards, Aivara -- Aivaras_Bakana ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Aivaras_Bakanas's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2518 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threa...

Publisher 2003: Formatting when Pasting Text
I find when pasting text into a newsletter template the text remains in the original formatting. Is there an option anywhere to set Publisher so that all text that is pasted into the newsletter is automatically formatted with the formatting of the newsletter? Paste special and then change the formatting by using the Painter tool. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "ocean mist" <oceanmist@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B81C01F0-CDB4-4A2E-B021-D65AF47D0B36@microsoft.com... >I find when pasting text into a newsletter template the text remains in the...

Formatting lost when copied by formula!
Hi, I'm having a problem retaining format in a target cell where a formul "copies" the contents from another cell. Here's an example tha describes the problem in detail: Say I have the following text in cell A1: "Some text." Say, also, tha the word "text" is bolded. In cell B2 I have a formula, =A1, tha "copies" the content of cell A1. I can see the content of cell A1 i B2, but without the bold (or any other formatting, including backgroun color, etc.). My question, of course, is how do I retain the original formatting? Thank you -- Message ...

Copying Info Into Numerous Cells
I have just completed creating and entering data into thousands of worksheets. Now someone has decided they want to change and add columns to my worksheets. Is there any way to have data copied from 1 cell to another in several worksheets at a time, even if the data is different? If there isn't...I'm going to have a melt-down right here at work! :eek: -- calimari ------------------------------------------------------------------------ calimari's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24537 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthr...

Copy and Paste into different application
I am trying to copy data from an Excel spreadsheet into an accountin application. The problem is that after the last cell of the row is pasted, I need return to be entered. The program will accept the enter key, o pressing the ctrl-E keys. Is there anyway of "embedding" this into the last cell in a row??? Thanks so much for your help. Lee-An -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Retaining Copies of Emails
I'm interested to know if anyone knows a way that when you send emails that only the copies you want to retain in folders are kept and the original is not kept in the "sent folder? "=?Utf-8?B?UmV0YWluaW5nIEVtYWlscw==?=" <Retaining Emails@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:9695EAC5-7F69-4AF6-889F-B56A27C435EB@microsoft.com: > I'm interested to know if anyone knows a way that when you send emails > that only the copies you want to retain in folders are kept and the > original is not kept in the "sent folder? One way would be to turn off keep...

Copying number to clipboard, subtracting 398 then pasting the value to overwrite the original
Hi. I am very new to this. I'd be really grateful if someone could help/guide me. I want to create a macro in Microsoft Word but I don't know visual basic. I want to be able to highlight a number then: - copy it to the clipboard - subtract 298 - paste the value to the Word document, overwriting the original text Hi John, There is no need to involve the clipboard if you are only changing the selected number. The following macro subtracts 298 from the selected number. Sub Subtract298() If IsNumeric(Selection.Text) Then Selection.Text = Val(Selecti...

copy and paste
In publishter 2000 I can't get copy/cut and paste to worke inside the table frame? any ideas ...

check boxes
I would like to copy (hundreds) of check boxes in a spreadsheet. The checkbox must be assigned to a cell to work in a formula. When I copy the checkbox down however, all check boxes will either be checked, or unchecked. Is there a way to copy check boxes, when they are assigned to another cell, so that each check box can be used individually? I created the check boxes through the forms toolbar. Thanks for your help, this is a great forum and I only hope to give some day as much help as I am currently receiving! Hey, Mark- Things got busy yesterday, and I missed your post. You can t...

Copy in VBA problem
I'm trying to automatically insert some data copied from an Access table into an Excel spreadsheet into another Excel spreadsheet. Both sheets are open and referred to as objExcel & objExcel1. I get "Copy method of Range class failed" with the following line. objExcel1.range("A1:H1").copy objExcel.range("A5") Any ideas? Ian I'm not an Excel MVP, but offhand it appears as if your 2 ranges do not match in size. You may want to ask this in an Excel newsgroup as well. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/acc...

Copy & paste from Word to Excel with hyperlinks
When I copy a table from Word, which includes hyperlinks and then use a paste special in excel with using unformatted text, (don't need the hyperlinks) the rows are not copied the same as the table. The cell(s) after the hyperlink cell (from the word table) drop to the next row when I paste in excel. Then I have to highlight and move those cells that dropped to the next row back to where they should be. Which is very time consuming. I know this sounds confusing and hope someone can help. Thanks. ...