Copy and Paste from One Document to another without changing forma

Everytime I copy and paste from one publisher 2003 document to another the
formats change after I paste it to a new document. Then I need to go to the
new document and change all the formats for each text box so it includes all
of the text in the original tex box. It defaults to something other then what
was pasted from the original document. How can I change it keep the same as
what I originaly copied
0
dltgng (2)

dltgng wrote:
> Everytime I copy and paste from one publisher 2003 document to another the
> formats change after I paste it to a new document. Then I need to go to the
> new document and change all the formats for each text box so it includes all
> of the text in the original tex box. It defaults to something other then what
> was pasted from the original document. How can I change it keep the same as
> what I originaly copied

Hit the Paste smart tag (little icon that flashes up at the bottom of
the pasted text once you've pasted it), and click "Keep Source Formatting".

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://ed.mvps.org

"Ed Bennett" wrote:

> dltgng wrote:
> > Everytime I copy and paste from one publisher 2003 document to another the
> > formats change after I paste it to a new document. Then I need to go to the
> > new document and change all the formats for each text box so it includes all
> > of the text in the original tex box. It defaults to something other then what
> > was pasted from the original document. How can I change it keep the same as
> > what I originaly copied
>
> Hit the Paste smart tag (little icon that flashes up at the bottom of
> the pasted text once you've pasted it), and click "Keep Source Formatting".
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
> http://ed.mvps.org

0
dltgng (2)
5/14/2008 9:00:01 PM
If you don't see it, use the *Paste Special". Or better yet, open the Office
clipboard in both publications.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"dltgng" <dltgng@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> With publisher there is not a smart tag option.
>
> "Ed Bennett" wrote:
>
>> dltgng wrote:
>> > Everytime I copy and paste from one publisher 2003 document to another the
>> > formats change after I paste it to a new document. Then I need to go to the
>> > new document and change all the formats for each text box so it includes
>> > all
>> > of the text in the original tex box. It defaults to something other then
>> > what
>> > was pasted from the original document. How can I change it keep the same as
>> > what I originaly copied
>>
>> Hit the Paste smart tag (little icon that flashes up at the bottom of
>> the pasted text once you've pasted it), and click "Keep Source Formatting".
>>
>> --
>> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
>> http://ed.mvps.org

0