Coordinating tracking numbers !

I have make reciept books , 50 to each pack with tracking numbers..
now the problem iam have is that when i print 4 to 1 page, it does ok to set
each number in sequance, it seems... but if i print a pile of pages and it
comes time to cut that stack into 4 , i run into trouble.. then i realize the
numbers dont go in order in their own little stacks..that eachnumber below
that is not the right number, so after i have to go and put them all in order
by hand ..thats crazy
must be a better way.

0
James6891 (359)

I do similar with chances (5 to a page).  When you do the
merge for the numbers you need to use 4 fields in your
database of numbers or some fancy programming.  If you are
printing 500 pages the numbers for the top left would start
at 0001, the field for the upper right group would start
0501, the field for the group lower left would start 1001
and the lower right field would start 1501.  This would give
you 2000 receipt pages.  Stack the upper left on top of the
upper right then that on top of lower left pile and finally
all on top of lower right pile to have numbered 0001 to
2000.  Have fun, this is one way of doing it.

"james" <james@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have make reciept books , 50 to each pack with tracking
>numbers..
> now the problem iam have is that when i print 4 to 1 page,
> it does ok to set
> each number in sequance, it seems... but if i print a pile
> of pages and it
> comes time to cut that stack into 4 , i run into trouble..
> then i realize the
> numbers dont go in order in their own little stacks..that
> eachnumber below
> that is not the right number, so after i have to go and
> put them all in order
> by hand ..thats crazy
> must be a better way.

0
none6506 (74)
11/29/2007 9:46:49 PM
OH sorry i just dont understand this at all.

"LVTravel" wrote:

> I do similar with chances (5 to a page).  When you do the
> merge for the numbers you need to use 4 fields in your
> database of numbers or some fancy programming.  If you are
> printing 500 pages the numbers for the top left would start
> at 0001, the field for the upper right group would start
> 0501, the field for the group lower left would start 1001
> and the lower right field would start 1501.  This would give
> you 2000 receipt pages.  Stack the upper left on top of the
> upper right then that on top of lower left pile and finally
> all on top of lower right pile to have numbered 0001 to
> 2000.  Have fun, this is one way of doing it.
>

> "james" <james@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have make reciept books , 50 to each pack with tracking
> >numbers..
> > now the problem iam have is that when i print 4 to 1 page,
> > it does ok to set
> > each number in sequance, it seems... but if i print a pile
> > of pages and it
> > comes time to cut that stack into 4 , i run into trouble..
> > then i realize the
> > numbers dont go in order in their own little stacks..that
> > eachnumber below
> > that is not the right number, so after i have to go and
> > put them all in order
> > by hand ..thats crazy
> > must be a better way.

0
James6891 (359)
11/30/2007 5:27:00 AM
Hello James,

Ron Cohen has made an Excel data base that sorts the numbers about the way you
are asking about.
It is here, scroll down to *Excel example for sorting*
http://msauer.mvps.org/more_graphics.htm

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

> OH sorry i just dont understand this at all.
>
> "LVTravel" wrote:
>
>> I do similar with chances (5 to a page).  When you do the
>> merge for the numbers you need to use 4 fields in your
>> database of numbers or some fancy programming.  If you are
>> printing 500 pages the numbers for the top left would start
>> at 0001, the field for the upper right group would start
>> 0501, the field for the group lower left would start 1001
>> and the lower right field would start 1501.  This would give
>> you 2000 receipt pages.  Stack the upper left on top of the
>> upper right then that on top of lower left pile and finally
>> all on top of lower right pile to have numbered 0001 to
>> 2000.  Have fun, this is one way of doing it.
>>

>> "james" <james@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have make reciept books , 50 to each pack with tracking
>> >numbers..
>> > now the problem iam have is that when i print 4 to 1 page,
>> > it does ok to set
>> > each number in sequance, it seems... but if i print a pile
>> > of pages and it
>> > comes time to cut that stack into 4 , i run into trouble..
>> > then i realize the
>> > numbers dont go in order in their own little stacks..that
>> > eachnumber below
>> > that is not the right number, so after i have to go and
>> > put them all in order
>> > by hand ..thats crazy
>> > must be a better way.

0
mary-sauer (6480)
11/30/2007 4:21:15 PM
When I did the information on my post, I assumed that you
were printing 4 up with each receipt 4.25 X 5.5 inches
instead of a full page width.  If the page was cut into 4
quarters instead of 4 strips you would have 4 piles of paper
each pile 4.25 inches X 5.5 inches (strips 4 piles X by 8.5
inches).  Upper left, upper right, lower left and lower
right...or strips 0001 pile on top of 0501 pile, etc.....

The merge data base needs to be set up with 4 fields, each
starting with a different number (for 500 sheets per pile,
starting numbers would be 0001, 0501, 1001 and 1501,) one
for each receipt section.   The excel file that Mary shows
is an example of one way to create the merge data base.

If you don't understand how to create a merge document you
need to review the help information in Publisher for merge.

"james" <james@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> OH sorry i just dont understand this at all.
>
> "LVTravel" wrote:
>
>> I do similar with chances (5 to a page).  When you do the
>> merge for the numbers you need to use 4 fields in your
>> database of numbers or some fancy programming.  If you
>> are
>> printing 500 pages the numbers for the top left would
>> start
>> at 0001, the field for the upper right group would start
>> 0501, the field for the group lower left would start 1001
>> and the lower right field would start 1501.  This would
>> give
>> you 2000 receipt pages.  Stack the upper left on top of
>> the
>> upper right then that on top of lower left pile and
>> finally
>> all on top of lower right pile to have numbered 0001 to
>> 2000.  Have fun, this is one way of doing it.
>>

>> "james" <james@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message
>> >I have make reciept books , 50 to each pack with
>> >tracking
>> >numbers..
>> > now the problem iam have is that when i print 4 to 1
>> > page,
>> > it does ok to set
>> > each number in sequance, it seems... but if i print a
>> > pile
>> > of pages and it
>> > comes time to cut that stack into 4 , i run into
>> > trouble..
>> > then i realize the
>> > numbers dont go in order in their own little
>> > stacks..that
>> > eachnumber below
>> > that is not the right number, so after i have to go and
>> > put them all in order
>> > by hand ..thats crazy
>> > must be a better way.

0
none6506 (74)
11/30/2007 6:53:02 PM
Thanks for this help i appreciate it !

I got the file but there isnt any instructions,accept some footnotes, that
are coded.. Lord knows what they supposed to refer to cause it doesnt start
with anything specific.

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Hello James,
>
> Ron Cohen has made an Excel data base that sorts the numbers about the way you
> are asking about.
> It is here, scroll down to *Excel example for sorting*
> http://msauer.mvps.org/more_graphics.htm
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "james" <james@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > OH sorry i just dont understand this at all.
> >
> > "LVTravel" wrote:
> >
> >> I do similar with chances (5 to a page).  When you do the
> >> merge for the numbers you need to use 4 fields in your
> >> database of numbers or some fancy programming.  If you are
> >> printing 500 pages the numbers for the top left would start
> >> at 0001, the field for the upper right group would start
> >> 0501, the field for the group lower left would start 1001
> >> and the lower right field would start 1501.  This would give
> >> you 2000 receipt pages.  Stack the upper left on top of the
> >> upper right then that on top of lower left pile and finally
> >> all on top of lower right pile to have numbered 0001 to
> >> 2000.  Have fun, this is one way of doing it.
> >>

> >> "james" <james@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
James6891 (359)
12/1/2007 1:54:01 AM
Your help is apprecited ty

"LVTravel" wrote:

> When I did the information on my post, I assumed that you
> were printing 4 up with each receipt 4.25 X 5.5 inches
> instead of a full page width.  If the page was cut into 4
> quarters instead of 4 strips you would have 4 piles of paper
> each pile 4.25 inches X 5.5 inches (strips 4 piles X by 8.5
> inches).  Upper left, upper right, lower left and lower
> right...or strips 0001 pile on top of 0501 pile, etc.....

yes this is what i need
 previously i had made the tracking numbers spiral from across the page and
down...1-2-3-4 on first single sheet then 5-6-7-8 on the 2nd sheet, etc. and
i was able to do this by useing the MAIL & CATALOG Wizzard in my publisher
(under tools menu) and importing the file list i created in excel, which is
now fairly easy to create.

> The merge data base needs to be set up with 4 fields, each
> starting with a different number (for 500 sheets per pile,
> starting numbers would be 0001, 0501, 1001 and 1501,) one
> for each receipt section.   The excel file that Mary shows
> is an example of one way to create the merge data base.

ok this is where i am at odds, i searched help in both excel and publisher
for..."Merge data base".. couldnt find reference to it.
when you say to set up 4 fields, do you mean create 4 different lists in
excel?
ya the file i recieved came with no documention and i cant see anything in
how to create the list or lists i need .

> If you don't understand how to create a merge document you
> need to review the help information in Publisher for merge.

ok, so far it worked the first time i tried it previously

thanks
0
James6891 (359)
12/1/2007 3:21:00 AM
Well so far this is the closest i have come to knowing this can be done and
in sounds ok .. however i realize this may be one of the tuffest issues
yet..(and i am new at this excel thing mind ya)

making 4 fields.. i would guess would be making 4 different files in excel
but i am not sure...and even then what kind of list for each...001-00500- per
list, so on?
Time will tell

"LVTravel" wrote:

> When I did the information on my post, I assumed that you
> were printing 4 up with each receipt 4.25 X 5.5 inches
> instead of a full page width.  If the page was cut into 4
> quarters instead of 4 strips you would have 4 piles of paper
> each pile 4.25 inches X 5.5 inches (strips 4 piles X by 8.5
> inches).  Upper left, upper right, lower left and lower
> right...or strips 0001 pile on top of 0501 pile, etc.....
>
> The merge data base needs to be set up with 4 fields, each
> starting with a different number (for 500 sheets per pile,
> starting numbers would be 0001, 0501, 1001 and 1501,) one
> for each receipt section.   The excel file that Mary shows
> is an example of one way to create the merge data base.
>
> If you don't understand how to create a merge document you
> need to review the help information in Publisher for merge.
>
> "james" <james@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > OH sorry i just dont understand this at all.
> >
> > "LVTravel" wrote:
> >
> >> I do similar with chances (5 to a page).  When you do the
> >> merge for the numbers you need to use 4 fields in your
> >> database of numbers or some fancy programming.  If you
> >> are
> >> printing 500 pages the numbers for the top left would
> >> start
> >> at 0001, the field for the upper right group would start
> >> 0501, the field for the group lower left would start 1001
> >> and the lower right field would start 1501.  This would
> >> give
> >> you 2000 receipt pages.  Stack the upper left on top of
> >> the
> >> upper right then that on top of lower left pile and
> >> finally
> >> all on top of lower right pile to have numbered 0001 to
> >> 2000.  Have fun, this is one way of doing it.
> >>

> >> "james" <james@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> >> message

0
James6891 (359)

Version number
Is there a way that you can tell what version the database is? (either 1.0 or 1.2) I need to backout the 1.2 upgrade and restore the 1.0 databases. I did the upgrade at about the same time as the SQL backups. I want to restore those backups ans see what versions they are Thanks! Hi Jeff, check the BuildVersion table. CRM 1.2 is build 3297 Mike "Jeff B" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:74BB341A-1C90-4F34-9C33-F562DD2E3766@microsoft.com... > Is there a way that you can tell what version the database is? (either 1.0 or 1.2) I need to backout t...

Excel default formatting of numbers
I have a CSV file which is generated by an inhouse application. One of the columns in this file has a four digit code, which are text but made of numerical digits. Some of the codes start with one or more zeroes, ie 0012, 0013, 0014 etc. The problem is when my users open the file in Excel the column has been formatted as numbers and the leading zeroes have been trimmed, so 0013 becomes 13. I do not want my users to have to play around with formatting. Also even if I do select the column and change the formatting to text the leading zeroes are still missing. Please could anyone help me with a ...

Store numbering
Does RMS care if stores are sequentially numbered? I.E. if i have 5 stores can I number them 1,13,14,15,21? Or does that mess with the licensing? -- Pat pat@arms wrote: > Does RMS care if stores are sequentially numbered? I.E. if i have 5 stores > can I number them 1,13,14,15,21? Or does that mess with the licensing? The StoreCode is not sequentially numbered... I use 120, 250, 377.. 686 ... the code of main supplier of stores to identify electronic-invoice, orders and others bye antonio ...

can you reassign week numbers
want to assign week 1 to the starting date for each new group is this possible? The groups will be around for about 14 weeks each, so would want each group to have 14 weeks of information Any ideas? No, week numbers are calculated using an intrinsic function. What you can do is store the date that is the beginning date of the first week. Then, you can use the datediff function to calculate the weeks from the beginnig to a given date. -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "Pat" wrote: > want to assign week 1 to the starting date for each new group is this > possible? ...

I need an access database to track school attendance and grades
Does anyone have a database developed in Access that can be used to track college attenance, grades, billing, etc? Thanks Call me silly, but every college I know of has multi-million-$ computer systems and canned software for that. Any college that would be using Access for this must have a total enrollment of about 50 students. Or are you doing this as a college class assignment? "Lost in Alabama" wrote: > Does anyone have a database developed in Access that can be used to track > college attenance, grades, billing, etc? > > Thanks ...

formula to add a number to a long string **
I'm not quite sure how to best describe this: I need a formula that will take the example below and return the "final result" Col. A = 24.43.234.555 and Col B= 23 making Final Result = 24.43.234.578 Is there a way to do this? This seems to work: =LEFT(A1,LEN(A1)-3)&(RIGHT(TEXT(A1,"0"),3))+23 HTH, Ryan--- -- Ryan--- If this information was helpful, please indicate this by clicking ''Yes''. "MMangen" wrote: > I'm not quite sure how to best describe this: > > I need a formula that will take the e...

Count number of records after filtering
Hello, Probably a question that's easy to answer but I have been searching for hours now & it's driving me rather crazy: I have applied a filter to a form and now I want to know how many records I have got as a result, or better, I want to know if there are any records left - how do I do that? Tried so far: If Form.Recordset.Count = 0 Then ... If Iserror(Form.RecordSet.Count) Then ... If EOF(Recordset) Then ... but that all does not work. Thanks, Gerwin Gerwin: An easy way is to add a hidden text box, txtCount say, to the form, with a ControlSourc...

comparing columns of numbers
Hi If you have 2 columns of numbers and you want to find the numbers that are in one columns but not the other, and you type say A10=B10 then when you find a figure that is in one column but not the other you insert/delete a line and then drag the formula down again to keep checking. Is there any better formula I can use or anyway I can do it so I don't have to keep dragging down the formula Public Sub ProcessData() Const TestCol1 As String = "A" Const TestCol2 As String = "B" Dim i As Long Dim LastRow As Long With Application .ScreenUpdating = Fal...

Find number of weekdays and wekend days given a total number of da
Hello, I have a question for the gurus here. I am working on a spreadsheet where in column A I have Total # of Vacation days. Example: # Vac Days --- # Weekdays --- # Weekend days 75 55 20 44 32 12 25 19 6 I figured this out by simply creating a list like this 1 Weekday 2 Weekday 3 Weekday 4 Weekday 5 Weekday 6 Weekend 7 Weekend And so on... And then doing a countif to figure out how many of either on...

table of numbers 1 thru 52 pre sql2k5
Hi all, What's the easiest way to generate a single column of numbers in a table prior to sql 2k5? thanks, rodchar Check out: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa175802(SQL.80).aspx -- Tom ---------------------------------------------------- Thomas A. Moreau, BSc, PhD, MCSE, MCDBA, MCITP, MCTS SQL Server MVP Toronto, ON Canada https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Tom.Moreau "rodchar" <rodchar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C3DD455A-8DC5-42CD-884D-EB67EF6A4B5A@microsoft.com... Hi all, What's the easie...

Checking cell for Number
I have about 200 numbers in column A. I would like to enter any number in Column B. In column C I would like, it to show if the number is used or free. can this be done with a if statement? Thanks Try... =IF(COUNTIF($A$1:$A$200,B1),"Used","Free") If you have a list of numbers in Column B that you'd like to check, enter the above formula in C1, and copy and paste the formula to your other cells in Column C. Hope this helps! In article <E5CA9196-6FCF-492C-B488-1B7E431720CF@microsoft.com>, Lee <Lee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have abou...

Numbers beginning with 0
Hi all! I'm having trouble figuring out what to do for a client. She has a speradsheet of addresses and unfortunately one postcode is 0200 (australian postcode). Of course when adding it into excel it obviously chops off the 0 and simply sets it to 200. When mail merging it is causing all sorts of grief and simply changing the format of the cell from number to text is apparently not helping. Is there a way to prevent excel from taking away the zero in a number formatted cell? Thanks in advance! How is she "adding" the post code to XL? If typing it in, preformat the c...

Format page number in Words Document
Hi, Appreciate if you can help me here. I am trying to number my pages in my document a bit differently using the header and footer but I can't seem to get around doing it. Normally the page numbers will run concurrently in the header or footer as in page 1,2,3,4...etc But what intend to do is add page 5 (a) after page 5 and before page 6. However when I do that under the header or footer page 5 becomes page 5 (a) How do I format this under the header or footer? Thanks You will need to use the following field construction { IF { PAGE } > 5 { IF { PAGE } &...

formatting selected characters or numbers in each cell within a range of cells
I am sending this to several Excel newsgroups, because I am not sure which one if the most appropriate. I apologize in advance for the multiple postings. I have MS Excel 2000 (version 9.0.3821 SR-1). How can I format only a selected character or number within each cell in a specific range of cells? For instance if I have a cell containing �1234234�, how can I format it so that only the 2�s are bold or are colored? Obviously, I have a range of cells, and I want to format all the 2�s occurring in any of the cells as either bold or colored. Conditional formatting does not seem to all...

Excel cells should take number format and/or optional text eg Dec.
I usually pre-set number formats and other limitations on forms to ensure that I get the information that I need. Often, however, the date is vague and requires text, e.g., Nov 2005 instead of 11/1/05, which is Excel's default if you type in "Nov 2005." I can alleviate the issue on my own work, but my forms need to remain locked when being used by others. My suggestion is that an option be offered so a cell could take either/or text or number in the case of dates. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the ...

Sort House Numbers
How can I get excel to sort house numbers as I would like, i.e 1,2,2a,3,4,5,5a,5b, et. etc. So far I've ailed miserably. Any help out there? TIA Mike G Hi Mike, You will have to separate the digits into a separate cell. Extraction of a Group of Digits and Dashes, from postings by Harlan Grove Extract the First Set of Digits (#DigitsFirstID) http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/grove_digitsid.htm#DigitsFirstID -- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvp...

winmail.dat attachments for CRM-tracked emails
Hello, our users are experiencing an issue with CRM-tracked emails from Outlook when the email is sent to Lotus Notes recipients: Email created in Outlook 2003 on Windows XPSP2 with CRM 3.0 desktop or laptop client installed (CRM server running Windows Server 2003SP1, SQL Server 2005SP1) Email has an attachment (usually a PDF file) Email is tracked in CRM using 'Track in CRM' button on new message in Outlook Outlook is using a POP3 mailbox, not Exchange Server Recipient is not using Outlook, usually Lotus Notes Attachment is called winmail.dat and the sender's attachment is gon...

My word froze and is asking for a product number
My microsoft word froze and now its asking me for a product number. Where do I find this since word came preinstalled on my computer? My daughter is a homeschooler and needs the computer alot for her classes especially word. Please help!! Thanks fierylegs It sounds like what you have is a trial version of the software that has expired. See http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/products/HA101941831033.aspx#5 -- Hope this helps, Doug Robbins - Word MVP Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my services on a paid professional basis. "fier...

Tracking and charting registered products
I have a very simple spreadsheet that has a column of serial numbers and next to it a column with a yes/no tracking whether a serial number has been registered or not. I want my sales team calling into an account once 50% of the serials are registered to sell more so I created a pivot table that simply has the yes/no field on the top and a count of each in the data. Then I created a pivot chart with the yes and no next to each other and the data labels displayed. So far so good and this does accomplish what I want at it's most simple level. What I would love to do though is: 1) change...

How do I limit the number of emails that are pulled into outlook?
Help - Outlook wants to pull all all of my email (1200) that are saved on the server. How do I only receive todays mail and not everything that is saved on the Yahoo server? You'd have to have Outlook retrieve only headers then choose the items you want, as far as I know "Doug" <Doug@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D930556B-4815-42B3-AEEA-75DE92D29F14@microsoft.com... > Help - Outlook wants to pull all all of my email (1200) that are saved on > the server. How do I only receive todays mail and not everything that is > saved on the Yahoo ser...

Locking A Sheet Using Words & Numbers
Before I got Office 2007 I was able to lock a spreadsheet using a word combined with numbers, i.e., locksheet123. Now I can't lock it using that formula I can only lock it using words, i.e., locksheet. If I try to put in the full words & numbers it allows me to do it in the first window, but when it asks for verification, in the second window, it tells me there's an error and I can't do it. -- Thanks, Mumsy This is a silly guess... I'm gonna guess that you made a typo -- either in the letters or numbers -- or even hit caps lock. I'd try it again ...

Track user accessing CRM and various entities
Need to be able to track and report on what users accessed CRM and what entities were used most. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=0c4855cd-b39e-43df-84f6-e57...

Merging GP Vendor Numbers
We have a situation with a vendor that has two vendor numbers. Both of his vendor numbers have history attached. Is there a way to merge the two numbers into one? Yes there is. You can use the Professional Services Tools Library to do so, specifically the Vendor Combiner tool, however, this may require you to register the tool or work with your partner to do so. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com "BFogle" wrote: > We have a situation with a vendor that has two vendor numbers. Both of his ...

Text to Number format
I have copied a column of numbers to excel and now cannot apply any formulas because the numbers are text. How can I convert the text to numbers? Thanks. -- Janet In an un-used cell enter 1 (as a true number). Copy this cell and paste/special/multiply onto the cells you would like to convert. -- Gary''s Student - gsnu201001 "Janet" wrote: > I have copied a column of numbers to excel and now cannot apply any formulas > because the numbers are text. How can I convert the text to numbers? > Thanks. > -- > Janet perfect timing, I jus...

Add fax number to RM Statements
Under Tools >> Routines >> Sales >> Statements, the report uses the "Statement To" code to pick up the customer information, but the fax number is not included. When locally modified and the fax number is added, it is the fax number from the main customer maintenance screen and not the fax number from the address record associated with the "Statement To" data. Great Plains indicates that under the current design, the fax number can not be included. We suggest that this be changed to include the fax number within the report design that is associated ...