Converting Publisher Files to Adobe InDesign or Other?

Does anyone know of any ways to covert Publisher files to an Adobe
format or another workable format (unlike PDF)?

Thanks.

0
chaysster (8)

Nope.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"ingenious" <chaysster@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know of any ways to covert Publisher files to an Adobe
> format or another workable format (unlike PDF)?
>

> Thanks.

0
jl_paules (2768)
4/30/2006 12:25:04 AM
Text can be copied and pasted to Notepad and the copied and pasted to the
other format...
"ingenious" <chaysster@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know of any ways to covert Publisher files to an Adobe
> format or another workable format (unlike PDF)?
>

> Thanks.

0
Chuck
4/30/2006 12:30:14 AM
But then you lose the graphics and formatting. Defeats the purpose, eh?
;-)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Chuck Davis" <newsgroup at anthemwebs dot com> wrote in message
> Text can be copied and pasted to Notepad and the copied and pasted to the
> other format...
> "ingenious" <chaysster@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Does anyone know of any ways to covert Publisher files to an Adobe
>> format or another workable format (unlike PDF)?
>>

>> Thanks.

0
jl_paules (2768)
4/30/2006 3:36:22 AM
ingenious <chaysster@gmail.com> was very recently heard to utter:
> Does anyone know of any ways to covert Publisher files to an Adobe
> format or another workable format (unlike PDF)?

Wikipedia suggests this:

Most alternatives to Publisher, with the exception of Adobe PageMaker, lack
a Publisher import facility; however, Publisher can export to EMF (Enhanced
Metafile), which is widely supported in other applications.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6342)
4/30/2006 12:12:24 PM
JoAnn,
You are absolutely right. However, formatting that is carried from one file
type to another generally gives you fits when changes are required.

Ed Bennett's comments regarding PageMaker, another desktop publishing
program, may be the answer the OP was looking for.

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" <jl_paules@hotNOSPAMmail.com> wrote in message
> But then you lose the graphics and formatting. Defeats the purpose, eh?
> ;-)
>
> --
>
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>

> "Chuck Davis" <newsgroup at anthemwebs dot com> wrote in message
>> Text can be copied and pasted to Notepad and the copied and pasted to the
>> other format...
>> "ingenious" <chaysster@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Does anyone know of any ways to covert Publisher files to an Adobe
>>> format or another workable format (unlike PDF)?
>>>

>>> Thanks.

0
Chuck
4/30/2006 2:33:42 PM
We can only hope so.

--

> JoAnn,
> You are absolutely right. However, formatting that is carried from one
> file type to another generally gives you fits when changes are required.
>
> Ed Bennett's comments regarding PageMaker, another desktop publishing
> program, may be the answer the OP was looking for.
>
> "JoAnn Paules [MVP]" <jl_paules@hotNOSPAMmail.com> wrote in message
>> But then you lose the graphics and formatting. Defeats the purpose, eh?
>> ;-)
>>
>> --
>>
>> JoAnn Paules
>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>>

>> "Chuck Davis" <newsgroup at anthemwebs dot com> wrote in message
>>> Text can be copied and pasted to Notepad and the copied and pasted to
>>> the other format...
>>> "ingenious" <chaysster@gmail.com> wrote in message

0
jl_paules (2768)

Distribution Files for MFC in VS .net 2003

file cloning
I was wondering. How come it is possible to clone a file (using right click copy/paste file), but not possible to do this for other documents (apps and clip-art etc)?. Could it be possible to have an add-in in excel to prevent people from copying documents on their desktop?? -- shnim1 You can copy files that way (rightclick|copy, rightclick|paste). But most windows applications are no longer just simple .exe files (like back in the old DOS days). They usually have tons of other stuff that gets installed with them--and that stuff gets scattered all over your harddrive (windows folder, wi...

how to build the netsample ipconfig to the exe file?
C:\WINCE500\public\common\oak\drivers\netsamp\ipconfig\ipconfig.cpp i want to make ipconfig.exe. and i could found the sample code. but it source code builded to the lib file. in ipconfig sources files, TARGETNAME=ipconfig TARGETTYPE=LIBRARY SOURCES= \ $(TARGETNAME).cpp the project is .lib file. but the source code has a _tmain() funciton in the source. it's looks possible to compile to the exe file. how can it compile to the exe file? You can add the SYSGEN_NETUTILS and you will have the ipconfig.exe integrated to your OS. Search ipconfig in the cat...

outlook can't receive exe files

retrieving folders.old file

Publishing Layout and tables
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I am trying to copy and paste text from one cell of a table to another cell in the same table. The document is in Publishing Layout. The paste command deletes the text in the destination cell and then places a big empty text box on top of the table. I do dozens of these documents that are primarily tables and graphics. Previously I used Publisher on my old PC. Should I go back, or can this be done in Word for the mac? Hello, On 2010.01.29 8:44 AM, in article 59bb1ce2.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "Toni_T@officefor...

I do not have access to the D: drive from Publisher, why?
I do not have access to the D: drive from Publisher, why? It keeps saying "incorrect function" khaganman <khaganman@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I do not have access to the D: drive from Publisher, why? It keeps > saying "incorrect function" Is the D: drive your CD drive? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher ...

Excel 2000 vs. Excel 2002

Opening .prn files in XL2000

Converting date from an external source
I am having an issued with converting a date from external data source. the data has the timestamp in the general date form mm/dd/yyyy 00:00:00. I want to convert the date to mm/dd/yyyy format so when i run a query for a single day it will return the data for that date, I can currently return the data but i have to set the parameter in the mm/dd/yyyy 00:00:00 format, i want to simply return the data by setting the parameter in the mm/dd/yyyy format Don't confuse how data is stored with how it is presented. As long as you import the date into a field defined as a Date data type, you...

Excel 2002 converts 'S' to 0 when pasting from Clipboard
I came across the following problem: I copied some tabular data from IBM Personal Communications into the clipboard (yes, I am still a user of good old 3270 applications). Then I pasted the data into Microsoft Excel 2002 and all cells containing a 'S' became a '0' (number zero). Next I did some tests and found out that every single uppercase 'S' that is transferred to Excel using copy/paste is translated to '0'. This would not happen with other letters or with words containing an 'S'. Using 'Paste special' I can choose to insert my Clipboard a...

Import reg files into Registry, without UAC
Hi, I've got a .reg file to be imported silently in a batch. The file contains only entries in HKEY_CURRENT_USER, therefore can be imported without elevation. This works well with the regedit /s switch on limited accounts, however on admin accounts, elevation UAC prompt is still shown, even though it's not needed. How can I prevent this? Thanks, Jens Jens M´┐Żller wrote: >Hi, > >I've got a .reg file to be imported silently in a batch. The file contains >only entries in HKEY_CURRENT_USER, therefore can be imported without >elevation. >...

Retreive a deleted file
How can I retreive a delted file Hi Janet If you have setup Excel to automatically create backup copies; then check that folder for the last backed-up version....If it is from your PC, check out the Recylcle Bin (on your desktop) and restore the file. If the file was on a network drive you may need to contact your network administrator and check whether they can recover. -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "Janet" wrote: > How can I retreive a delted file Go into your Recycle Bin. If deleted from there; http://www.ozgrid.com/Services/recover-deleted-files.htm ...

Log file
Where do i find my log files? On an NT based system: go to start, run, type eventvwr, then hit enter. There you'll see the application, system, and security logs. >-----Original Message----- >Where do i find my log files? >. > ...

Need to show file properties dialog box
Hello I need to show the shell's file properties dialog box. I tried converting old vb6 code into vb.net but it gives me error. Here's my code: Private Structure SHELLEXECUTEINFO Dim cbSize As Long Dim fMask As Long Dim hwnd As Long Dim lpVerb As String Dim lpFile As String Dim lpParameters As String Dim lpDirectory As String Dim nShow As Long Dim hInstApp As Long Dim lpIDList As Long Dim lpClass As String Dim hkeyClass As Long Dim dwHotKey As Long D...

how to read .MSG files without Outlook ?
How to read .MSG files without Outlook ? Do you know a good .msg viewer ? Thanks to everybody ... E. to the best of my knowledge, there isn;t a msg viewer. You need to use outlook or exchange messaging client. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/ ...

Repair Corrupt Excel File
I have an excel 2003 workbook that will not open. The file is about 14MB. I have tried the repair utility within Excel but it still will not open. Anyone have any ideas? I have had success opening corrupt files with OpenOffice http://openoffice.org In article <CF4A5951-DCD9-4508-B995-FB7F6585BF78@microsoft.com>, "Dave" <Dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have an excel 2003 workbook that will not open. The file is about 14MB. I > have tried the repair utility within Excel but it still will not open. > Anyone have any ideas? The Spreadsh...

How to delete stuck file from "All Junk e-mail" Box ?
How to delete stuck file from "All Junk e-mail" Box ? I'm using WLM on Win7. Thanks for any help. "Jdr" <omni@msn.net> wrote in message news:C2919371-6A82-4478-A411-8FEB13F66B41@microsoft.com... > How to delete stuck file from "All Junk e-mail" Box ? > I'm using WLM on Win7. Thanks for any help. try dragging it to the deleted folder. "c.d." <invalid@iglou.com> wrote in message news:es$OnIzzKHA.4384@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > > "Jdr" <omni@msn.net> wrote in message > news:C29193...