Converting from 2003 to 2000 and ending with web publication #2

A friend of mine and I work on a publisher project together. I have
Pub.
2003 and she has Pub. 2000. When I want to email her the file, I first
save
it as a pub. 2000 file. Then I email the file to her. When she
receives it
it has turned into a web publication, but we need it to be in the
print
publication mode. Also, when I reopen the 2000 file on my own
computer, it
is in the web publication format. But I didn't convert it to this, and
don't want it. Can anyone please tell me what I am doing wrong.

In the past this has worked perfectly fine. When I emailed the file to
her
it was in the print publication format. But now it comes to her in the
web
publication format every time. There must be something set wrong
somewhere.
Help please.

0
dulciec (1)

I don't know if you are doing anything wrong. Maybe sending the file in a zip
format might help. Publisher 2003 and 2000 are not exactly compatible. You are
losing formatting when you save as 2000. Publisher 2000 does not use
compression, so the file will be much larger. Are you sending the same edited
file over and over?

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

<dulciec@netscape.net> wrote in message
>A friend of mine and I work on a publisher project together. I have
> Pub.
> 2003 and she has Pub. 2000. When I want to email her the file, I first
> save
> it as a pub. 2000 file. Then I email the file to her. When she
> receives it
> it has turned into a web publication, but we need it to be in the
> print
> publication mode. Also, when I reopen the 2000 file on my own
> computer, it
> is in the web publication format. But I didn't convert it to this, and
> don't want it. Can anyone please tell me what I am doing wrong.
>
> In the past this has worked perfectly fine. When I emailed the file to
> her
> it was in the print publication format. But now it comes to her in the
> web
> publication format every time. There must be something set wrong
> somewhere.
> Help please.

0
mary-sauer (6480)
2/24/2007 9:53:58 PM
dulciec@netscape.net wrote:
> A friend of mine and I work on a publisher project together. I have
> Pub.
> 2003 and she has Pub. 2000. When I want to email her the file, I first
> save
> it as a pub. 2000 file. Then I email the file to her. When she
> receives it
> it has turned into a web publication, but we need it to be in the
> print
> publication mode. Also, when I reopen the 2000 file on my own
> computer, it
> is in the web publication format. But I didn't convert it to this, and
> don't want it. Can anyone please tell me what I am doing wrong.
>
> In the past this has worked perfectly fine. When I emailed the file to
> her
> it was in the print publication format. But now it comes to her in the
> web
> publication format every time. There must be something set wrong
> somewhere.
> Help please.

No help here I'm afraid but maybe an insight, way back in the dark ages
I did html coding in WORD and it worked fine. But then MS upgraded(?)
Word and it (MS) decided that it/they should know when it was best to
interpret something typed as something that should be html... Always
felt that was a stupid move because what I type is what I want, not what
MS wants. If I type a page in code, don't change it... just save it as I
typed it.

sorry for your problem...

:)
0
dtp2webSPAM (302)
2/25/2007 3:31:29 AM
Thanks for the response!

"Steve in NC" wrote:

> dulciec@netscape.net wrote:
> > A friend of mine and I work on a publisher project together. I have
> > Pub.
> > 2003 and she has Pub. 2000. When I want to email her the file, I first
> > save
> > it as a pub. 2000 file. Then I email the file to her. When she
> > receives it
> > it has turned into a web publication, but we need it to be in the
> > print
> > publication mode. Also, when I reopen the 2000 file on my own
> > computer, it
> > is in the web publication format. But I didn't convert it to this, and
> > don't want it. Can anyone please tell me what I am doing wrong.
> >
> > In the past this has worked perfectly fine. When I emailed the file to
> > her
> > it was in the print publication format. But now it comes to her in the
> > web
> > publication format every time. There must be something set wrong
> > somewhere.
> > Help please.
> >

> No help here I'm afraid but maybe an insight, way back in the dark ages
> I did html coding in WORD and it worked fine. But then MS upgraded(?)
> Word and it (MS) decided that it/they should know when it was best to
> interpret something typed as something that should be html... Always
> felt that was a stupid move because what I type is what I want, not what
> MS wants. If I type a page in code, don't change it... just save it as I
> typed it.
>
> sorry for your problem...
>
> :)

0
Hoo (4)
2/28/2007 3:01:07 PM
Well yes, we make changes for the week and use it over and over.  Thanks for
the help.  I don't know how to zip, but I can find out.

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> I don't know if you are doing anything wrong. Maybe sending the file in a zip
> format might help. Publisher 2003 and 2000 are not exactly compatible. You are
> losing formatting when you save as 2000. Publisher 2000 does not use
> compression, so the file will be much larger. Are you sending the same edited
> file over and over?
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> <dulciec@netscape.net> wrote in message
> >A friend of mine and I work on a publisher project together. I have
> > Pub.
> > 2003 and she has Pub. 2000. When I want to email her the file, I first
> > save
> > it as a pub. 2000 file. Then I email the file to her. When she
> > receives it
> > it has turned into a web publication, but we need it to be in the
> > print
> > publication mode. Also, when I reopen the 2000 file on my own
> > computer, it
> > is in the web publication format. But I didn't convert it to this, and
> > don't want it. Can anyone please tell me what I am doing wrong.
> >
> > In the past this has worked perfectly fine. When I emailed the file to
> > her
> > it was in the print publication format. But now it comes to her in the
> > web
> > publication format every time. There must be something set wrong
> > somewhere.
> > Help please.

0
Hoo (4)
2/28/2007 3:02:49 PM
www.winzip.com

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Hoo" <Hoo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Well yes, we make changes for the week and use it over and over.  Thanks for
> the help.  I don't know how to zip, but I can find out.
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> I don't know if you are doing anything wrong. Maybe sending the file in a zip
>> format might help. Publisher 2003 and 2000 are not exactly compatible. You
>> are
>> losing formatting when you save as 2000. Publisher 2000 does not use
>> compression, so the file will be much larger. Are you sending the same edited
>> file over and over?
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> <dulciec@netscape.net> wrote in message
>> >A friend of mine and I work on a publisher project together. I have
>> > Pub.
>> > 2003 and she has Pub. 2000. When I want to email her the file, I first
>> > save
>> > it as a pub. 2000 file. Then I email the file to her. When she
>> > receives it
>> > it has turned into a web publication, but we need it to be in the
>> > print
>> > publication mode. Also, when I reopen the 2000 file on my own
>> > computer, it
>> > is in the web publication format. But I didn't convert it to this, and
>> > don't want it. Can anyone please tell me what I am doing wrong.
>> >
>> > In the past this has worked perfectly fine. When I emailed the file to
>> > her
>> > it was in the print publication format. But now it comes to her in the
>> > web
>> > publication format every time. There must be something set wrong
>> > somewhere.
>> > Help please.

0
mary-sauer (6480)
2/28/2007 4:45:06 PM
What about using the Pack and Go feature in publisher.

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> www.winzip.com
>

> --

> >> IMaybe sending the file in a zip
> >> format might help. Publisher 2003 and 2000 are not exactly compatible. Y
0
Hoo (4)

Convert Excel Tables to Pivot Table Lists
Excel Tables to Pivot Lists Hello, I'm trying to convert excel tables into pivot table lists and I am looking for a method to do this besides cutting and pasting. The table has 6 columns (see below) with count of product for each year e.g. xxx1 prod1 100 in Yr1, 200 in Yr2, 300 in Yr3 etc. I want to end up with a 4 column list like, (see "Get into pivot table list in this form) Thanks Home....Prod....Yr1....Yr2....Yr3....Yr4 xxx1.....prod1....100....200....300....400 xxx2.....prod2....110....210....310....410 xxx1.....prod3....120....220....320....420 xxx2.....prod4....130....2...

Rollup 2 and Office 2007

Microsoft POS #2

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Password Issue with MS Money 2003

Lookup based on criteria in 2 columns

Money Deluxe 2006 Trial to Money Deluxe Web Download.
Purchased the "full-download" Microsoft Money Deluxe 2006 version from the trial version download. I followed all the steps to "Activate" the product with successful conclusion. However, the "Trial" nag screen continues to pop-up every time I sign onto Money 2006. To add insult to injury, when I have signed onto the Support Center, wishing to send an email to ask about this, the web-site does not recognize my "PID" (Product ID)...because it continues to believe it is the trail version....thusly only a serial number is listed. And, the SN is not r...

Crash on 'Send"

Set request parameters for web services

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

Addressing within Exchange 2003

Outlook 2003

Converting XML > Dataset
Hi ! Here's my problem in english :-) I want to convert the mssecure.xml file from Microsoft into an dataset to store it in an SQL-Database. My code in VB looks like this : Dim ds As New DataSet Dim doc As New Xml.XmlDocument doc.Load("D:\mssecure.xml") Dim sReader As New StringReader(doc.InnerXml) ds.ReadXml(sReader) The problem is : At the ds.readxml(sreader) command i get an error which told me, that there is an problem whith a relationship in "ProductFamilies" I hope my english is good enough to explain... Please help ! Thanks !!! Christoph Duesmann C...

Import from Eudora 6 to Outlook 2003

Please ignore #2

Office 2003, Outlook (Outlook Today)...

matching contents #2