Converting Adobe PageMaker 6.5 files

Does anyone know if you can convert Adobe PageMaker version 6.5 files so that
I can use MS Publisher 2007 to edit these files?
0
SmithinSA (1)

I suspect the only way is the copy/paste solution. If you don't have PageMaker,
maybe Adobe has help.
There is a forum here that might have a solution:
http://forums.adobe.com/thread/460491;jsessionid=39FEE1914BD4E0C9DF28733ADF71F413.node0?tstart=0

--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"SmithinSA" <SmithinSA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know if you can convert Adobe PageMaker version 6.5 files so that
> I can use MS Publisher 2007 to edit these files?

0
mary.sauer (2018)

Outlook 97--Most Messages Show Up As An Attachment File
When accessing E-Mail using Outlook 97, most of my E-Mail messages show up as an attachment file. I have to then double click on the attachment file, which is then opened as a window temporary file. At this time, the file can then be read. Can this program be configured to open the attachments automatically when the E-Mail message is opened. I sometimes use Outlook Express to access my E-Mail. The messages appear fully using this program. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR ANY HELP THAT YOU CAN GIVE ME!! Norb ...

Can not insert some PDF files into Outlook 2003
Acrobat 6.0 PRO, Windows XP, Office 2003 I get this error message: Can't create file: XXXXXX.PDF. Right click the folder you want to create the file in and then click properties on the shortcut menu to check your permissions for the folder. We are trying to insert some PDF files into an E-Mail message, using Outlook 2003. The file(s) reside on a network drive (have even tried copying the file ot the local HD and testing). Only 3 particular files give this error message, while other PDF, Excel, or Word files insert with no problems. These are not links, but the actual files. And...

Pivottable last 6 months
I have a pivot table with customers down the left side (rows - (Name)) and the dates along the top (columns (date)) with sales as the data (Sum of Sales). All of it is linked to an Access db query so the info is constantly updated. I want to show the change in sales to each customer over a 6 month period current year to previous year. I thought about creating more queries in Access so that only the last 6 months shows and then the same period of the previous year and importing them as 2 seperate fields (current_sales, previous_yr_sales) fields then doing a calculated field ([curre...

Workgroup File
I have an issue....and it's totally my BAD!!! If anyone could give me some advise how to fix this I would be very grateful. The place I work just recently switched out our computers and upgraded our software from Office 2000 to Office 2007. I had created several databases in the Access 2000 Version with securiity. So when I went to convert my database to Access 2007 (this is the version I now have), it would not let me convert because it said I needed Administrator Permissions. So I tried to create new databases by importing my information from the old to the new, and ...

Opening a selected file in Word from MFC app
Hi all, I've a simple app in which the user can select a file from a list. Then I want to open that file, using Word (as it's a Word document). Nothing too scary, but it's got me stumped. I've tried various samples & examples (automation et al) but have got nowhere. It seems to me that if I can simulate the behaviour of the "Run" box (from the Start-> prompt) then I should be able to just throw the file name at it (similar to double-clicking in Explorer) and all will be well. However, nothing works so far. Has anyone out there any advice for me (aside from...

Message Tracking in Exchange Server 5.5
Hi, I need to track incoming messages to my Exhange Server (its exchange server 5.5). Can anybody suggest that how to enable it. Thanks, Ruchir. On 12 Dec 2005 21:26:09 -0800, "Ruchir" <ruchirdhar@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi, >I need to track incoming messages to my Exhange Server (its exchange >server 5.5). >Can anybody suggest that how to enable it. > >Thanks, >Ruchir. In 5.5, I believe the checkbox to enable is on the properties of the server object in the admin gui. ...

edit and deleting file.
I am have sharepoint 3.0 In sharepoint i have a document library where everyone can add documents. I need everyone to be able to see all documents in this library. But i need to have only the document owner or admin to be able to edit or delete the file. So with that i started to right some code in c#. But it does not work. The code is making it so that no one can edit or delete files. That is where i need help. I dont think i am getting the right user id. Here is the code that i have. using System; using System.Collections.Generic; using System.Linq; using System.Te...

Importing data from a pst file to a new profile
I'm hoping somone can help me untangle a mess I've made. Outlook 2007, Exchange Server 2007. Here's the story. Computer needed a reformat etc, so I saved all outlook data (about 1gb, over 200 folders) to a pst file. Did the reformat, installed Outlook and imported from the pst file whilst connected to my Exchange server (my big mistake perhaps?) and now I have TWO copies of absolutely everything. I've checked in the webmail interface, and there are two copies visible there too - I guess the server synced with this local copy or something. So now you can see I'm...

Cannot import .pst file into Outlook #2
I was in the process of importing a 1.52gb .pst file into Outlook whe it suddenly stopped loading and since then it will not load and lock up the application. I have scanned with scanpst.exe and it says tha the file is ok. Does anybody know how I can either load it or extrac the relevant folders, even if it meant losing some ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Exchange 5.5; To Address not last, first
In exchange 5.5 in the global address book all the names are listed as lastname, firstname. How can I make it read firstname then lastname. This for writting emails with outlook. In Administrator, click on OPTIONS-TOOLS and in AUTO-NAMING tab go ahead change the Display Name Generation mike "David Lewis" <*@*.*> wrote in message news:2lin305ntectp47clc85b3ouappdfejqap@4ax.com... > In exchange 5.5 in the global address book all the names are listed > as lastname, firstname. How can I make it read firstname then lastname. > This for writting emails with outlook. ...

how to aviod outlook pst file created locally?
I am using postfix as MTA and storing pst file on server. But everytime there is a network problem (ie. disconnect), outlook will create a new local pst file(coz it can't find the network path to the pst file). Because of that i had to manually go to reconfigure the default delivery to the correct path (after network back on line). I just want to know if there is a way to aviod outlook to not create a pst file while user still able to open outlook? Or is there a way to allow outlook automatically look for the pst on network (when LAN connection resotre)? Its a pain to manually re-configur...

Sending multiple files in multiple mails at once
The situation is the following: I have a ZIP which is to large to send by mail in once and FTP is in this case no option. So I remade the ZIP out of 5MB portions, ending with a large number of ZIP parts. Now I looking at a way to get the files send one by one, in single mail massages, but I don't want to make each mail one by one. Does any one knows a program for example, where you choose the file, set the recipients address and maybe more and then hit a button and . their all gone. Anyone any idea how to do this? Thanks in advance. Marc Boom ...

Opening Money 2000 file in Money 2007
I have Money 2007 Home & Business, version 16.0.150.1303. It seems to work fine except when I try and use it to open a money 2000 file that used UK pounds as the base currency. First I get a message saying it is converting the file, then it says I must specify an exchange rate for $/� which is not available online but when the currency screen comes up it says a file needed to run planner is missing or corrupted and the program closes. If I try and start the new converted file it goes straight to the currency screen with the same missing/corrupted planner file message and I can'...

Bargraphs in VC++ 6.0
Can anyone please explain how to make my bargraph properly using GDI calls and where to put it? I want it as simple as possible. Thanks >>>There are few flaws in it. >>>1. The first and most important thing is that the drawing part of this >>>code >>>should be in the OnPaint of the child control (IDC_PICT), and not the >>>dialog. Because if it is not in the OnPaint of the control, then when >>>the >>>dialog is covered by another window it will not repaint itself when it is >>>uncovered. >>>2. The fact that ...

slow address lookup and saving files outlook 2000
Hello Sometimes outlook is very slow on looking up addresses. I write some letters and then hit ctrl + k for lookup. That sometimes takes 30-45 seconds. Same happens sometimes with saving files from e-mails. It takes 30-45 seconds before the drop down menu in the save window is chooseable. We have a 2003 AD with Exchange 2000 Enterpris. Regards Magnus ...

vlookup: file moved or new one. keep cache
i have vlookup formula to external file, but what if that file moved or renamed?? how to keep vlookup to find what i need?? there is formula extra properties?? and is it possible to keep data once received? some cache, i mean if i have some table full already, all needed data is taken from other file, do not update this table any more. there is any better alternative to this formula + changes above? =VLOOKUP(K29;'C:\Data.xls]Data'!$A$5:$Z$568;12;FALSE) thank you. You can use indirect to make the workbook a parameter which you can put into cell A1. then you onl...

c# simple read and return part of an xml file
The below xml is saved as a file, i want the quickest way in c# of reading just the DataSource section and returning it as a string, can anyone help me out. Cheers Chris. <NewDataSet> <DataSource> <name>Oracle</name> <IsMaster>0</IsMaster> <datasourceid>a3a1a14e-51d9-44b4-b0da-c5f564c405c1</datasourceid> <ConnectionString>User Id=scott;Password="tiger";Data Source='Oracle"</ConnectionString> <FileName>OracleDAO.dll</FileName> </DataSource> <DataSource> <name>Sql</na...

Problems validating an xml file without specifying the default namespace.
Hi All, I'm trying to validate an xml document. I'm having trouble setting the default namespace of the xml document. If I hard encode the namespace in the xml file then everything works fine. But I can't do this because it breaks our old tools which validate the xml to a dtd (error saying the dtd doens't allow xmlns attribute on the root element). So I'm trying to add the default namespace to the xml file by code. As follows: string DefaultNameSpace = "http://www.mydefaultnamespace.com"; NameTable nt = new NameTable(); XmlNamespaceManager nsmgr = new XmlName...

Converting from Borland CBuilder 6 to MS VC++?
Does anyone know of a conversion utility for converting form files (.dfm) and other Borland code to MS VC++? We have to upgrade a large project at some point, either to Borland Builder 2007, or potentially MS, but unless there is some kind of conversion utility, we are stuck with Borland. Here are the major components of our product: 1. Hundreds of .dfm's 2. ADO database connection objects (i.e., not BDE) 3. A little pascal code (which could be re-written if necessary) 4. TopGrid component used throughout the application (in forms) which is all pascal. 5. Millions of lines of code in Borl...

Corrupt file
Hello: Yesterday, I saved a Publisher 2002 file as I had every other day for the last week. today, I can open all other PUB files, but not this one. I have reinstalled Publisher. No cigar. Can anyone tell me if there is any way to salvage a seemingly corrupt file (several days of work; I backed up, but overwrote the old backup file). Is ther any place where a previous version (temp or the like) might have been saved? Thank you very much! Hans L. Publisher creates temp files. You might get lucky. It is in a folder similar to this, (XP) C:\WINNT\Temp You can try to recover a damaged f...

How to get old *.OST sync file working.
Some very important message saved an old OST sync file. Now i have working with a new ost file. I have try to get old outlook.ost working, but i can't ..... I need help for how to open previous OST file. Thanks a lot. You can't. .ost files are profile specific and cannot be opened if you have disconnected that profile and created a new one. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head ...

shared workbook file wont open for one users
we have a shared workbook......and when one particular user tries to open it .......it starts to open and then closes. Now when i open the file under other accts its fine....and i lock to see who has it open under tool, share workbook, it shows that that user with the problem has it open. we log in to a terminal server and the file is on the server. but its just one user with this issue ... Please Help Sometimes the file that holds the toolbar customizations gets hosed. You could use windows start button|Find to look for *.xlb. Rename all you find to *.xlbOLD Then open exc...

Unable to open Excel file #4
Error message: File cannot be accessed. The file may be read-only, or you may be trying to access a read-only location. Or, the server the document is stored on may not be responding. The file was not saved as read-only and the file is on a diskette. Sounds like a bad disk. Copy the disk to the hard drive somewhere an try to open there. -- kkkni ----------------------------------------------------------------------- kkknie's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=754 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26520 Vic Cop...

Counting in Excel #5
Got it! Thanks to all of you for your help -- Angel16 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Angel160's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1550 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27561 glad to help -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Angel160" <Angel160.1f98km@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:Angel160.1f98km@excelforum-nospam.com... > > Got it! Thanks to all of you for your help. > > > -- > Angel160 > ---------------...

Money 2004 hangs when converting Money99 file
I just purchased the Money 2004 Deluxe in order to bring myself more up-to-date from my Money 99 version. After I installed, I started 2004 and it found my Money 99 file and told me it was about to convert it to 2004 (and make a backup copy). I then entered my password for access to the password protected file. it began to convert and then stopped responding. I tried to then open the new file with Money 2004 and the program also stopped responding. I have made a couple of backups and have tried the conversion again with no luck. Please help. Thanks Randy Define "hang.&quo...