Converting a publisher file to adobe, with editable text

I prepare publisher files, such as postcards, to send to people in my group.
I want them to be able to insert their information when applicable.  Is there
a way to do that in Publisher, or will I neet a different program?
0
Linda (109)

Acrobat Pro can create fill-in documents. Word can too. Not so Publisher.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Linda" <Linda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I prepare publisher files, such as postcards, to send to people in my group.
> I want them to be able to insert their information when applicable.  Is there
> a way to do that in Publisher, or will I neet a different program?

0
mary-sauer (6480)
9/19/2007 9:41:22 PM
Thanks, but if I do a postcard in word, then save to adobe, will the lines
still be editable?  I sure hope I'm making sense.  Also, would Acrobat
Standard have that same capability?  It is not clear from the info on
Microsoft's site.  Thanks so much!!

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Acrobat Pro can create fill-in documents. Word can too. Not so Publisher.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Linda" <Linda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I prepare publisher files, such as postcards, to send to people in my group.
> > I want them to be able to insert their information when applicable.  Is there
> > a way to do that in Publisher, or will I neet a different program?

0
Linda (109)
9/20/2007 2:40:00 AM
Linda, I have no idea how this all works. I do know you can't use Acrobat
standard. If you use the Word fill in capability, I wouldn't think you'd need to
use a PDF too.

JoAnn is a PDF guru. Maybe she will step in and help.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

> Thanks, but if I do a postcard in word, then save to adobe, will the lines
> still be editable?  I sure hope I'm making sense.  Also, would Acrobat
> Standard have that same capability?  It is not clear from the info on
> Microsoft's site.  Thanks so much!!
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> Acrobat Pro can create fill-in documents. Word can too. Not so Publisher.
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "Linda" <Linda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I prepare publisher files, such as postcards, to send to people in my group.
>> > I want them to be able to insert their information when applicable.  Is
>> > there
>> > a way to do that in Publisher, or will I neet a different program?

0
mary-sauer (6480)

importing pst files #3
I've had to reload Office 2000. I am now trying to import the Outlook backup I made, which is a .pst file. I'm following the import directions, Outlook is performing the task, but nothing is showing up - I am unable to see any of my contacts, emails, or folders I created. HELP! I'm desperate! Why are you trying to import? Why not just use the old .pst file as your main Outlook data file? If you need help in doing this, go to Help | About Microsoft Outlook and tell us whether Outlook is configured in Internet Mail Only or Corporate/Workgroup mode. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook M...

Duplicate Files in the Exchange Mailbox Store?
It is my understanding that one of the functions of the database in exchange is to eliminate duplication. Example: an email sent to an internal mailing list will only exist a single copy with the recipients of the email merely receiving a pointer to the location of said email in the database. Does this also apply to the attachments in the database as well? Is there only a single instance of the attachments? If not is there a better way to manage where attachements are stored and a way to reduce duplication? The reason I am asking is we often receive large attachments, often 30 MB pl...

Publisher Problem
Volunteer Nancy C. Benner Janyszeski Answers Subject MS Publisher 2000 Problem Question I'm using Pub 2000 in on a Pent 4 3.06GHz processor 512 mb ram. Publisher is installed on the local drive (c:). Problem is when trying to open a publisher file from the network share it won't open. The files are on a NT Server 4.0 shared directory with full access to all users. When trying to open the file all it does is close publisher completely. If I do manage to get a file open when I try to save it the message appears stating that the destination drive (S:\shared) is full. An examin...

Text wrap in Publisher 2003
Hi all! Doesn't Publisher 2003 recognize automatically white areas around pictures like Publisher 2000 when using text wrap around the picture? Only way to do this automatically - that I know - is to save picture with Alpha Channel. EB Publisher 2003 works the same as 2000, just a little more manual work. With bitmaps you have to adjust the wrap points, but there are far fewer and the points are exactly where you put them. In 2000 the wrap points were arbitrarily placed, line art images end up with large numbers of wrap points at times. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microso...

Convert Time Into A Number To Multiply By A Currency.
This is what I am trying to do: creating a spreadsheet to forcast a employee work schedule, I am inputting the start time and finish time totalling each position and totalling all the hours, so far so good Now what I want to do is convert the total time into a number, done only problem is the number only works as long as the hours do no exceed 24 so how do I create a formula which will recognize the numbe under 24 hours as is and recognized the number above 24? example: for the total of 109:10 hours I am using the formul =HOUR(B1)+(MINUTE(B1)/60) but I get the total 13.17 I am looking fo the...

Text boxes
I have code that creates a graphic and text boxes automatically. But when I try add drag the text box over the graphic its is masked by the graph and does not go "on top of it". I don't understand why because when I manually draw a text box and drag it over the graph it shows? I checked the properties and they are the same. WHat could be worng? Thanks B. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Checked the z-order of the respective objects? -- Regards, Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Offic...

Exporting email with atachment to text file
I would lke to have a backup of all my email in a pure text form. Many years ago I used Netscape email, and the entire mail file was pur text; attachments followed the message and were encoded in base64. I could always retrieve my email (with a little effort) by cuting and pasting, and using uuencode to retrieve the binary form of the attachment. Is there any way to do this in Outlook? I have recently encountered difficulties with different versions of Outook at home and work, so would like to avoid problems like this in the future by having a purely text email file. TIA <dtshedd@yah...

Converting Money File
Hi I have Microsoft Money 2005 (US version). I am planning to purchase Microsoft Money 2005 (UK Version). Is there an easy way of converting the money file as I understand that they both are not compatible to each other. Please suggest. Thanks No easy way. Even the ugly ways don't work so well. Suggestion is to start over and figure out a way to avoid worrying about migrating old data. "Bala" <Bala@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C4623D9F-3C23-4265-AB38-644FE5812FEE@microsoft.com... > I have Microsoft Money 2005 (US version). I am planning to...

Drag a file(path) from an Access Form into another app?
I’ve read all about dragging files INTO Access forms, and dragging and dropping data between controls on Access forms. I need to do something different: MyApp has a subform with a list of files in a folder on the local HD. Currently I have buttons that opens the file using a Shell() command. The Users want to be able to drag files out of the list (on the subform in Access) and into other programs (like Notepad or Word), and have them open just like you dragged a file there out of windows explorer. I downloaded modules that “expose that Windows API” before, I’m assuming ...

XML to comma delimited file
I have an XML file with 8 tables and want to output each table into a separate file. The tables contain over 150,000 records each, so I need a fast and efficient way to convert these to comma delimited files. Can somebody point me in the right direction on how to proceed? jgershonw1@yahoo.com wrote: > I have an XML file with 8 tables and want to output each table into a > separate file. The tables contain over 150,000 records each, so I > need a fast and efficient way to convert these to comma delimited > files. Can somebody point me in the right direction on how to proceed? ...

How to set default delimiter for text files...
Hello, Database produces output files as text delimited files with CSV extension. Problem is that different versions of ms excel has different default delimiter: comma or semicolon. How to configure ms-excel: default field separator (delimiter), to be the same on all workstations opening these files ? Open must be full automatic - just by clicking CSV file in the explorer, users are not a gurus.. Thanks and regards, GG On Thu, 8 Jul 2004 13:33:21 +0200, "GG" <iksio1@no_spam.gazeta.pl> wrote: >Hello, > >Database produces output files as text delimited files with C...

Multiple BackEnd Files
I'm considering breaking our backend file into multiple files. The only way I've read to do so will break any relationship between files, which would be a chore to relink. That technique involved creating multiple be files, then importing the appropriate tables into each from the un-split original file, then delete the original tables from the un-split original file. 2 questions: 1) What's your opinions on the benefits of multiple-file backend vs single-file backend? (I have at least 1 set of tables that need to be separate for privacy concerns) b) What technique can be used...

How do I use a password to protect an Excel file from peeping eyes?
Basically I finished my account tracker, but I would rahther use a password to prevent others from openning at all, I tried the Protect>>Protect workbook, but it doesn't work. Thanks. Do a file|SaveAs (you can use the same name). Then on that dialog Tools|General Options|provide a password to open (xl2002 wording) I think it was: tools|Options in earlier versions (but still under the file|saveas dialog) Fat Cat wrote: > > Basically I finished my account tracker, but I would rahther use a password > to > prevent others from openning at all, I tried the Protect>...

Open a Help File with a button
Hi All, I have created a help file (.hlp) and I want to have my users open it from a button the form. How would I perform this. I tried to run the automated button creation called RUN APP and it didn't seem to work. Matt -- Matt Campbell mattc (at) saunatec [dot] com Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access/200708/1 one approach: create a command button and look at the HyperlinkAddress property. Fill the property with the file path and, as long as the .hlp extension has a valid association in windows, a simple click should open i...

delete a file at Windows 2008 server 64bit task scheduler
i have a vb script to zip and then delete the source file (800m file size) there is no problem when i run it directly. but if i put it to task scheduler. the file can be zipped but the source file is not deleted. any help please. tony "Tony WONG" <x34@netvigator.com> wrote in message news:%236ZSXWIdKHA.1592@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... >i have a vb script to zip and then delete the source file (800m file size) > > there is no problem when i run it directly. > > but if i put it to task scheduler. > > the file can be zipped but the...

Calendar as web page
I'm using Outlook 2002. When I save a calendar as a web page, it looks just fine in my local website when viewing in the browser. But when I publish it to my website, at the top where the days of the week should be, and at the bottom where the date the calendar was made should be, it says, "The page not found." Everything else looks fine. I have checked to see if I have not published a file related to the calendar, but can't find one. Help! ...

publisher 2003 install with office 2003 std volume license
will this install without issue? Publisher is part of Office PRO but not STD. We have both but the HR person does not presently have PRO and we would have to buy a license. We push down the install from the serverbecause of volume licensing. We would like to get the stand alone with digital imaging (if we do vol license for Office PRo we would not have it) But we don't want any gotcha's if the standalon will not install properly. Hi jp (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || will this install without issue? || || Publisher is pa...

Linked Excel table with forced text wrap
I have an Excel table linked to Access. The text in Excel is forced to wrap (I've tried both Alt-Enter and using Char(10) in an expression - same result). Char(10) or Alt/enter code shows up as a little box in Excel with no forced wrap. Any ideas? Here's the text in Excel (shows up as text, not dates) "12/12/05 1/03/06 3/22/06" Here's what I get in Access 12/12/05(little box)1/03/06(little box)(little box)3/22/06 ...

Cannot associate .doc files with Word 2007 on Windows 7
I have Word 2007. I double click a doc file and a dialog opens asking me which program to open it with. Word is not among the options. So I click "Always use the selected program ..."and then go into "Browse ..." find my Offce12 folder and the winword.exe file, select it, and ... nothing happens. Doc files continue to have no association. So I tried the built-in diagnostics on Word 2007, and it was ok. Then I tried "winword /r" to re-register Word 2007. It seemed to run to completion, but it made no difference. I cannot associate doc files with...

I'm stumped, splitting up a clump of text into useable information
Here's the problem: The products we sell have a product name, each product has one or more grades of the product (which usually relate to the quality of it) for each grade we have a package size and a unique number called a "SKU" that identifies that grade and package size in our system. I need to take the source code of a page with all of this information and turn it into an excel sheet with columns titled "product" "grade" "packaging" "sku" for each of the grades. The format of the html source code throws in all sorts of charact...

Get Folder from Full File Path
What is the function to return a string containing just folder given a complete file path ? For example C:\Windows\abc.txt will return C:\Windows Here are some functions you may find useful (since you are using MFC): Tom // // Returns the file portion from a path // CString GetFileOnly(LPCTSTR Path) { // Strip off the path and return just the filename part CString temp = (LPCTSTR) Path; // Force CString to make a copy ::PathStripPath(temp.GetBuffer(0)); temp.ReleaseBuffer(-1); return temp; } // // Returns the folder portion from a path // CString GetFolderOnly(...

Help! All file menus and buttons have disappeard in Visio 2003
I''ve been using Visio 2003 for exactly one day. Somehow, all my File etc menus have disappeared along with every menu bar and button. And I see no way to get them back because there is no View menu for me to get to! I've tried all the F1-F12 keys - can someone help me bring my menus back??? Thanks Ben Hi Ben, Following knowledge base articles may help you to resolve the issue: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/305400 - Toolbar, toolbar button, or menu bar is missing in Visio http://support.microsoft.com/kb/291213 - Menus, toolbars, and stencils disappear in full-screen v...

Change file name #2
Hi, I've been searching for a solution to the following problem for more than a week. I've posted it here a couple of times, and got some good ideas, but unfortunately they did not work. The variable "myfolder1" has the correct value, followed by ".xls" as it should. I'd be very thankful if someone could find my error. This is the original question: I am new to Exel, and i cannot find my error in the following script. The error is: Run time erroro '9' Subscript out of range and it always stops on the "windows(my folder1).activate" line...

PST Files #15
Is it possible to use an Imap Account with a PST file that does not have a 2GB limit? In Outlook 2003. No and the only logical conclusion I can reach is that MS didn't anticipate that Corporate/ISP mail servers would allow mailboxes greater than the limit. <krazykrl@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1177361085.420223.193690@y80g2000hsf.googlegroups.com... > Is it possible to use an Imap Account with a PST file that does not > have a 2GB limit? In Outlook 2003. > On Apr 23, 7:41 pm, "neo [mvp outlook]" <n...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > No a...

Who can make film from PNG files?
Does anyone here maintain a list of graphics people who can generate film positives from Publisher PNG files for 'precision' silkscreening (tight tolerance, not for tee shirts)? OR... does anyone have positive (pardon the pun) experience converting a Publisher file to a PDF for this same purpose? Heck, do they even make film anymore? Look for help and links here Publisher Prepress http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/FX010833971033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Jim Wood" <JimW...