convert .pub to ???

Need to convert a one page .pub file with text and a couple of pictures to
some folks to view that don't have Publisher.
In Word or Excel, I can convert to .pdf file(Acrobat Adobe) and send.

Suggestions please,

L.

0
ofa (10)

You can convert a Publisher file to a PDF.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"L." <ofa@yahoo1.com> wrote in message
> Need to convert a one page .pub file with text and a couple of pictures to
> some folks to view that don't have Publisher.
> In Word or Excel, I can convert to .pdf file(Acrobat Adobe) and send.
>
> Suggestions please,
>
> L.

0
mary-sauer (6480)
4/26/2007 10:07:20 PM
How???

Using Word/Excel there is a toolbar (PDF Maker). Don't see that with PUB.

"Mary Sauer" <mary-sauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message
> You can convert a Publisher file to a PDF.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "L." <ofa@yahoo1.com> wrote in message
>> Need to convert a one page .pub file with text and a couple of pictures
>> to some folks to view that don't have Publisher.
>> In Word or Excel, I can convert to .pdf file(Acrobat Adobe) and send.
>>
>> Suggestions please,
>>
>> L.

0
ofa (10)
4/27/2007 1:11:36 PM
With Acrobat you don't save as you print...

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

> How???
>
> Using Word/Excel there is a toolbar (PDF Maker). Don't see that with PUB.
>

> "Mary Sauer" <mary-sauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message
>> You can convert a Publisher file to a PDF.
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "L." <ofa@yahoo1.com> wrote in message
>>> Need to convert a one page .pub file with text and a couple of pictures to
>>> some folks to view that don't have Publisher.
>>> In Word or Excel, I can convert to .pdf file(Acrobat Adobe) and send.
>>>
>>> Suggestions please,
>>>
>>> L.

0
mary-sauer (6480)
4/27/2007 1:17:08 PM
L. wrote:
> Using Word/Excel there is a toolbar (PDF Maker). Don't see that with PUB.

Adobe Acrobat is far more powerful than you give it credit for. It adds
the toolbar to Word, etc. to give extra features such as hyperlinks. In
everything else (any application that can print) you simply change your
printer selection to "Adobe PDF" or "Acrobat Distiller".

(Recent versions of Publisher with recent versions of Acrobat get the
toolbar too.)

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://ed.mvps.org

I was looking for a link/toolbar tab, i.e. Word, Excel, in Publisher.
A coworker also suggested changing the printer.   DUH, I didn't think of
that.   "My bad"....

Again thanks,

PS   Will upgrade, one of these days, from Office 2k, AA 7.xx   For now,
it's doing what I need.

> L. wrote:
>> Using Word/Excel there is a toolbar (PDF Maker). Don't see that with PUB.
>
> Adobe Acrobat is far more powerful than you give it credit for. It adds
> the toolbar to Word, etc. to give extra features such as hyperlinks. In
> everything else (any application that can print) you simply change your
> printer selection to "Adobe PDF" or "Acrobat Distiller".
>
> (Recent versions of Publisher with recent versions of Acrobat get the
> toolbar too.)
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
> http://ed.mvps.org

0
ofa (10)

Could not convert Quicken file!
I've just installed Money 2004, and tried to convert my Quicken 2003 file to be used in Money. After trying to convert the file I get the message: "Your Quicken file could not be converted." What's going on? How do I convert the file? Don J In microsoft.public.money, Don J wrote: > I've just installed Money 2004, and tried to convert my Quicken 2003 >file to be used in Money. After trying to convert the file I get the >message: > > "Your Quicken file could not be...

how do i stop excel from converting numbers entered into a date
everytime i enter a number into a cell excel converts it into a date i need that data to stay as entered Select the range. From menu select Format>Cells> and forma that to General. -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "newuser" wrote: > everytime i enter a number into a cell excel converts it into a date i need > that data to stay as entered Post some examples of the numbers if Jacob's re-format does not fix it. If you enter 5/5 or 5-5 Excel will treat as a date. Those types of data must have pre-formatting of TEXT or precede the number with an apostro...

Opening pub files created with older Publisher versions

Converting Publisher Files to Acrobat
Is it possible to convert a Publisher file (2-page newsletter -- mostly text) to Acrobat? How do I do this? THANKS. Please respond directly to my email -- LSPosey@pdq.net You will need a third party program to do it. Here's my canned response. You will need a program to convert the file to a pdf format. There is of course Adobe Acrobat but its a bit on the spendy side for most folks at $250 or higher. I had the need to create pdf files some 5 years ago and did some trials on freeware, shareware and commercial programs (excluding Adobe Acrobat). The winner for me was/is the commercial ...

Converting QW2002 to Money04
When attempting to convert a QW2002 file to Money2004 from a trial download of Money Deluxe 2004 I get the following cryptic message: Your Quicken file could not be converted. and nothing else. Any ideas? And no I have far too many accounts and transactions to qif over the info. I have found other posts with similar problems but no solutions listed. Thanks in advance for any replies Rand Rand- I've been fighting the same problem for days. Just tried converting into an earlier version of Money (I've seen folks reference money2002, though I used 2001 for my quicken98). Work...

Converting text to number
Hi I have a column of numbers in text format - I need to change them to number format When I goto Format ->cells to change - it does not work Is there another way to change? Thanks Hi see your other post -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany yahoo wrote: > Hi > > I have a column of numbers in text format - I need to change them to > number format > > When I goto Format ->cells to change - it does not work > Is there another way to change? > > Thanks Format as number of general, copy an empty cell, select all data and do edit>paste special and...

Can I convert .pub (MS Pub 2000) files to Word 2003
Trying to email .pub files to someone who does not run Publisher (that would be most of the known world?) Recipient wants files in Adobe, Word (I have 2003) or Quicktime. Can I convert .pub files to Word? Tried it w/no luck. Respond in plain language, please: I have no geekness content. You can copy/paste to Word and lose most of your formatting. There are free PDF converters around. www.primopdf.com is one, do a Internet search for others. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Kowalski Twin" <Kowalski Twi...

Need to open .pub files
I came across some files that apparently need Microsoft Publisher to open, which I don't have. I tried to download a trial version of Publisher, but just keep getting error messages. Does anyone know of a relativity cheap program that I can buy and/or download that would open .pub formats? Thanks, John Sisker jsisker@sprynet.com (714) 536-3850 Only Publisher can open Publisher files. You might be able to recover the text in Word. If the files are important to you I can open them for you and convert them to a PDF. mary-sauer at columbus.rr.com -- Mary Sauer MVP ...

extract numbers, convert to date
I imported a comma delimined .txt file into Excel. One column is formated (for example) 070794MEFKMAG. This is a person's birthday (mmddyy) and then parts of their name. I want to extract the birthdate numbers, convert them to a date and subtract that date from todays date. I've been able to extract the numbers [=MID(A12,ROW($1:$9),6)] giving me 070794, but haven't been able to convert them to any date that makes sense. Any suggestions I used the following formula =TODAY() - CONCATENATE(MID(F11,1,2),"/",MID(F11,3,2),"/",MID(F11,5,2)) F11 = 070794 I h...

Convert QIF to Excel
Any ideas on converting a QIF file from Quicken, into an Excel file? Is their an available add-in or converting tool that's downloadable? Please inform. Jeff - in case you did not know: import it into MS Money, then export to Excel. >-----Original Message----- >Any ideas on converting a QIF file from Quicken, into an >Excel file? Is their an available add-in or converting >tool that's downloadable? > >Please inform. >. > http://www.bigredconsulting.com/AboutQIFConverter.htm Try this On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 06:57:42 -0800, "Jeff Buettler" <...

converting quickbooks files to money 2004 small business
can it be done? if so, any helpwould be appreciated. ...

Can Excel files be converted to OFX to OFC or QIF files?
I have lots of financial data and was thingking Money might allow the conversion - Quicken says no so anyone know if this is possible? Thanks Mike In microsoft.public.money, MichaelG wrote: >I have lots of financial data and was thingking Money >might allow the conversion - Quicken says no so anyone >know if this is possible? Thanks >Mike Show patience. > I have lots of financial data and was thingking Money > might allow the conversion - Quicken says no so anyone > know if this is possible? Thanks A few years ago, I have trouble to transfer data from trial ameri...

Convert Access 2.0 to Access 2000
I need to convert an Access 2.0 database running in Windows 3.95 on one computer to Access 2000 in Windows 98 on another computer on our network. I don't even know where to start. Would there be any benefit to doing an intermediate conversion from 2.0 to 97 and then from 97 to 2000? That is an option for me. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks. > Would there be any benefit to doing an intermediate > conversion from 2.0 to 97 and then from 97 to 2000? That Yes, some things will break in converting from 2.0 to 97, and you can fix them before converting from 97 to...

Publisher Doc convert to PDF file, then changes colors once emaile
I have created a document/flyer within Publisher and converted to PDF/XPS file. Once this PDF is received and opened by an email recipient, the paragraph headings - created in a royal blue - comes through as black. Over colors on logos, framing, etc., are fine! What am I not doing right? ReBell Sticks, MS ...

want liks to work when convert ppt to html without showing the out
I would like to convert a ppt 2007 file to html. I want to require that viewers click through each slide so I don't want to show the outline. However, when I do this there is a problem. When a hypertext link is clicked on and then closed it brings you to the beginning of the presentation. In article <AFFCE372-344A-4707-B544-A64BD5B57FAA@microsoft.com>, Lvk2000 wrote: > I would like to convert a ppt 2007 file to html. I want to require that > viewers click through each slide so I don't want to show the outline. > However, when I do this there is a proble...

Convert excel file to flat text file
How can I convert an excel file to a flat text file with no decimals, commas, slashes or dashes Try using File > Save As... > Formatted Text (Space delimited)(*.prn) If any unwanted characters show up in the .prn file, use Notepad or Wordpad to remove them -- Gary's Student "Lannutslp" wrote: > How can I convert an excel file to a flat text file with no decimals, commas, > slashes or dashes Lannutslp, To add to that, changing the column widths will change how many spaces are included between cells (horizontally). Using a non-proportional font, like Couri...

Converting a CEdit HexaDecimal string to Integer
Converting a CEdit HexaDecimal string to Integer, what is the simplest way to do this? On Jun 27, 3:15 pm, PeteOlcott <PeteOlc...@gmail.com> wrote: > Converting a CEdit HexaDecimal string to Integer, what is the simplest > way to do this? I found my own answer... http://www.codeguru.com/forum/showthread.php?t=231054 CString s; c_Edit.GetWindowText(s); DWORD value = _tcstoul(s, NULL, 16); joe On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 13:15:41 -0700, PeteOlcott <PeteOlcott@gmail.com> wrote: >Converting a CEdit HexaDecimal string to Integer, what is the simplest >way to do this? Jos...

How do I convert numbers to words (1000 to One Thousand) in Excel
How do I convert numbers to words . eg: 1000 to One Thousand eg: 127 to One Hundred and Tweny Seven See this page Paul http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Paul" <Paul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3C9BE0C9-35AC-492F-AA7F-13DD8CD3F229@microsoft.com... > How do I convert numbers to words . > eg: 1000 to One Thousand > eg: 127 to One Hundred and Tweny Seven ...

Converting Mac -> Windows Files?
How do I convert files created on a Macintosh in MS Office X to files for a Windows XP machine? Does a batch-conversion app. exist? If so, is it reliable and from what site can I find it? Thank you in advance for suggestions and guidance, Mike In article <d51a28d9.0409040651.14e1d9ae@posting.google.com>, mzbpayne@comcast.net wrote: > How do I convert files created on a Macintosh in MS Office X to files > for a Windows XP machine? > > Does a batch-conversion app. exist? If so, is it reliable and from > what site can I find it? Hi Mike! You don't need any special...

prevent Excel from EVER automatically converting numbers to dates
in Excel v. X for Mac how do I permanently prevent Excel from EVER automatically converting numbers to dates. Formatting individual cells as text will not work in my applications. I need to disable this funtion. Not possible - there's no preference option to turn this off. Instead of preformatting as text, entries can be made with an apostrophe as a prefix: '3/4 You might be able to use an event macro to change it back retroactively, but that depends on knowing what format the user entered it. For instance, 3/4, 3-4, 4Mar, mar4, etc will all be interpreted as 4 Marc...

Converting floppy backups from Money 2002 to 2007
I am getting messages that my files are corrupted or that the identified file may not be a Money file. Does this mean I need to follow some other process to recover my history now that I have installed Money 2007? You are trying to restore an M02 floppy backup in M07? You say "recover [your] history". Did you move to a new machine? M07 should have detected/upgraded your M02 file automatically if installed on the same machine as the machine that ran M02. At any rate, moving the .MNY file, via writable CD or USB flash drive or network, is almost alway a better choice than goi...

FormCode
I need some expert help with a VBA code. On a form I would like to have the user input a TYPE-E UPC into an unbound txtbx UPCE and after clicking a CmdBttn, have the following code input the result of a Type-A UPC into unbound txtbx UPCA & the skip digit into unbound txtbx UPCSkip. VBA Source: Differences between Type A and Type E UPCs at http://www.taltech.com/TALtech_web/resources/intro_to_bc/bcsymbol.htm#UPC Function UPCE2A(UPCE As String) As String ' check the validity of the input data If Not IsNumeric(UPCE) Then MsgBox ("UPC Codes must contain Numeric...

How to convert a ($200) cell to a written amount(Two hundred doll
Is there way to convert dollar amount in a cell to a written amount like $250.00 to two hundred and fifty dollars and 00/00 cents. Perhaps here... http://support.microsoft.com/kb/213360/en-us HTH Regards, Howard "atvrider" <atvrider@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:58BAE8B4-5A53-4A27-B585-E664551A6C97@microsoft.com... > Is there way to convert dollar amount in a cell to a written amount like > $250.00 to two hundred and fifty dollars and 00/00 cents. See http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html -- HTH Bob &q...

Converting Office 2007 Pro Trial to Office 2007 Small Business
My Office 2007 Professional Trial just expired yesterday. I purchased the Office 2007 Small Business upgrade through the online store. When I tried to convert my trial to the "real" version, my product key wouldn't work. (I expected it to work for everything except Access, which is not included in the Small Business version.) I am, as we speak, downloading the Small Business version from the Microsoft store; but do I really need to go through an uninstall/reinstall? Can't I convert to another version of MS Office without reinstalling? I'm worried abo...

Converting from Access97 to Access2002
When I try to open an Access97 database in Access2002, I immediately get the following message: "Microsoft Access has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." Has anyone seen this type of error before? Is your MS access97 still working under Access 97? Have your try repair then compact? George ----- Pfree wrote: ---- When I try to open an Access97 database in Access2002, I immediately get the following message "Microsoft Access has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the...