convert or open .pub file

I have recieved a file with a .pub extention.  I do not have publisher, any ideas on how to open it, and readers that I can download.  No trial is offered for this program to download?  I tried acrobat distiller (microsoft said it would work) but it dosent work

thank
corey
0
anonymous (74722)

corey wrote:
> I have recieved a file with a .pub extention.  I
> do not have publisher, any ideas on how to
> open it, and readers that I can download.
=================================
Best bet would be open it in the Publisher version
that created it. There are no Publisher viewers.

Here's some info you may find useful:
http://www.mvps.org/publisher/sharing.html
==================================
> No trial is offered for this program to download?
==================================
No but you can order an evaluation version on CD:

Free 30 Day Trial Version
http://tinyurl.com/2pabg
==================================
> I tried acrobat distiller (microsoft said it would
> work) but it dosent work.
==================================
It will work if you open the file in Publisher first.

The simple solution would be to ask the sender
to open the file in Publisher and create a .pdf file.
You can view the .pdf file with Adobe Reader.

There's a free .pdf creator at the following link if
you need one.

PrimoPDF
http://primopdf.com/

--

John Inzer
return e-mail disabled

0
oobie (2069)
5/26/2004 6:37:41 AM

program, in order for others to open and view the file
they would normally have to have the same program. If they
don't, there are ways you can convert your creation to a
format that others can use. If you are the recipient,
you'll need to get the person who created the file to save
it in a format you can view.
There are currently no plug-ins, viewers, or shortcuts
for .pub files.

>If you have KaZAa Freeware you could download a version
of MS Publisher, Under search, for "software". Otherwise
good luck. Micromedia or Textware will not open Publisher.

Milton
0
anonymous (74722)
5/26/2004 6:59:37 AM
thanks for the info, I think I'll just have to try to find somebody that has has publisher.  The problem is that the lady that sent the file, probably has no idea how to save it as a pdf or any other file.  It was a chore just to try to get the document sent via e-mail.  Thoughts of trying to explain to her how to save it as a different format scare me.  It's almost worth just buying the program, just to avoid that situation,  I was just hoping for a easy way out.

I am dissapointed that MS dosen't offer a trial version by download.  They only offer it by mailing you a "free" cd, that costs $8.  It's almost as good as when I went to Carls Jr. In the airport, and their $6 burger was $8 !!!
0
anonymous (74722)
5/26/2004 9:36:02 AM
A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from corey
<anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>!"...
> thanks for the info, I think I'll just have to try to find somebody
> that has has publisher.  The problem is that the lady that sent the
> file, probably has no idea how to save it as a pdf or any other file.
> It was a chore just to try to get the document sent via e-mail.

If the file is less than 10MB, Zip or RAR it and send it over to my reply
address, and I'll do a PDF of it for you
:-)

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/

0
the_nerd (6344)

Goddess you're an idiot aren't you?! Advocating the piracy of an MS product
in a MS hosted group...

0
cerridwen (233)

Outlook quitting immediately after opening #2
Outlook quitting immediately after opening Outlook quits straight after it opens. I have removed it and re-installed it but its made nodifference. I get a half second view of the inbox (which is still my original inbox which seems strange after removal and reinstallation?) -----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =----- http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! -----== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =----- ...

Problem Opening Notebooks on New Server
I have a small office and we all store and use notebooks on our server. We moved all of our data to a new server yesterday, and now when we try to open the notebooks we get a message that says: "OneNote needs a password to sync some of your notebooks", and we are unable to open the notebooks. Interestingly, if we open the notebook through a mapped drive to the location, we get the error. But, if we navigate directly to the notebook through the network, it will open with no error. We are having no other problems with this mapped drive. Thanks! ...

converting from quicken 2004 to money 2007
I downloaded the Money 2007 for Windows free trial, and I can't convert my existing quicken file (15.8MB). I tried with a different quicken file (500 kB) and that converted immediately. Right after "Money is converting your file!", I am asked for my password, and then I get "Your Quicken file could not be converted. Money could not convert your Quicken file. You might have run out of disk space or system memory." I tried this with nothing else running except Money, and I got the same problem. I have 10GB of free space on the drive I am using. I am using Windows...

Form does not remain sorted alphabetically when re-opened
I'd like to know why my Form does not remain or open in alpha order. I would sort and save it but when I re-open, data is in random order. I've tried to do this with the table thinking it would help. Does anyone have an answer? Thx Sort it in the query that you use as source for the form. -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "flygal5" wrote: > I'd like to know why my Form does not remain or open in alpha order. I would > sort and save it but when I re-open, data is in random order. I've tried to > do this with the table thinking it woul...

.qfx file in excel
my bank for some reason will only allow me to download my statement in a qfx file (quicken) but i dont have any quicken programs i use excel to manage my finances how can i open this file up??? If the bank does not have .text (.txt) or comma separated variables (.csv), which would probably be listed as spreadsheet format, then I would complain to the bank. Meanwhile you could copy and paste from your checking activity HTML pages. --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: ...

.mdi Files
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I have some .mdi files (generated at work with some lab software). They seem to open okay on my work PC. Is there any way that I can get Office 2008 and a MAC to recognize / open these? No, .mdi is a Windows-only format exclusive to the Microsoft Document Imaging program... Even other Windows apps can't read or create them. If you can get them into a Windows box open them in MDI & then Save As TIFF to get a format that can be opened by graphics apps or inserted into other documents as a picture. TIFF files are ...

Cannot open pdf attachments
Outlook 2000 When I try to open a pdf attachment it does not open the reader. All I get is junk. Is there a setting that needs to be changed? Yes, check your file associations in Windows (PDF files should be associated with the Acrobat executable). TT wrote: > Outlook 2000 > > When I try to open a pdf attachment it does not open the > reader. All I get is junk. > > Is there a setting that needs to be changed? ...

Control of exit from a Form opened within a subroutine
A DoCmd.OpenForm statement occurs part way down my Access 2000 subroutine "Prcs". The opened form presents the user with some screen info from which he/she must decide which of the two command buttons "Continue" and "Quit" should be clicked. "Quit" sends execution control elsewhere while "Continue" is designed to continue processing within Prcs. Sub Prcs tested vb code ' Includes evaluation of "strCrit" DoCmd.OpenForm "frmShowinfo", , , strCrit more tested vb code end sub I've not found a way to stop contr...

Unable to start up my Excel files
One of my users have this odd issue with his Excel 2003. He's unable to start the files directly but instead he must start a blank excel sheet then open his files from there. Is there a solution to this issue? Please advise. Thanks! Dell 170L P4 800mghz 1gbram Windows XP Pro SP2 Office 2003 SP2 Could the problem be that he cannot open files by double-clicking on them from Windows Explorer, but must open Excel (which will launch a blank sheet) and then open them directly from there using File / Open... If so then tell him to try Tools / Options / General / untick 'Ignore Othe...

File password override
I'm trying to restore a backup file. Money is asking for a file password. I enter the password that is appropriate for the Passport account used to lock the file, but Money will not accept that. I wonder if this file has a seperate file password and if so, I have no memory of what it may have been. Is there some way to reset it? Is there some other way in to this file? Thanks Though I sympathize with your problem, I certainly hope there's no back door. If there is, I'm going back to paper records. I shudder to think that a hacker could conceivably get an older backup file an...

how to open up messages in seperate window?
Just switched over to outlook 2003 from outlook express. Everything is good, except how do I open up incoming messages in a seperate window? "cbeck715" <cbeck715@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:29DA0005-E04E-44D5-9A36-592EE7DCAD30@microsoft.com... > Just switched over to outlook 2003 from outlook express. Everything is > good, > except how do I open up incoming messages in a seperate window? double-click on them.... ...

opening .dat Accounts Receivable file in Great Plains for DOS
Hi There: We are trying to retrieve some information from a posted accounts receivable report... We think its in a .dat file but have no way of opening... This anyone know if this is possible... Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Sincerely, Carmine Carmine, Can you be a little more specific? What version of GP, what report, what information? Victoria "Carmine" <Carmine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:839CC67C-A4C7-4584-8119-C40F74960573@microsoft.com... Hi There: We are trying to retrieve some information from a posted accounts ...

csv-file problems with different regions
I have imported an American csv-file into a German Excel XP. The American $-values are separated by a "." while the German currency values are separated by a ",". So now my spreadsheet reads a value of $ 18.01 as 18. January. All values above 18.12 are ok. How can I avoid this problem? Or, can I change the values tediously one cell after the other? I have not found a way yet as even when I try to format a cell user defined it automatically changes to the format used in the German region. Thanks. Hans Temporarily change the regional settings on your computer to the same f...

I need a Macro that will open workbooks and run a different Macro.
Hello, Is there a way for a macro to open all workbooks in a folder and then run another macro? I have the 'other macro' written already, I just need a macro that will open 200 spreadsheets - (they are not in the same folder but I can move them if needed, they are in the same directory) - , one at a time, then run my macro, then save each spreadsheet. I've asked a similar question of this forum (specifically dealing with txt files - thank you Jim Cone.) and I've tried to modify that Macro so it will open *.xls files but I can get it to work. Any help with this will...

File set up query.
Can i set up an excel file to open automatically on pc start up? The easiest is to use the Startup folder available in the Start Menu. To access it go to Start - Programs - Startup. You can delete or add tasks here according to your needs. They will start after Windows logon. When you start Excel, all the files that are located in the XLStart folder are automatically opened. Additionally, if you specified an alternative startup folder for Excel, every file in that folder is also automatically opened. To specify an alternative startup folder, in Microsoft Excel 2002 or Microsof...

Sorting file list by date/time...
Hello, does anybody have an idea how to program a sorting function given a directory with files, which should red to an array which is sorted by date and time, but contains only the filenames. Is there a MFC function or a shell function of the OS which could ease the job instead of doing it manually? Regards, Diana On Mon, 16 Apr 2007 16:39:50 +0200, "Diana Bulthaupt" <Diana.Bulthaupt(at)web.de> wrote: >does anybody have an idea how to program a sorting function given a >directory with files, which should red to an array which is sorted by date >an...

Can I access the previous version of a saved file?
I overwrote an excel file by mistake, using the save as command to an incorrect file. Is there any way to recover the previous file before I "saved as" over it? Hi! I'm using Excel 10 (XP)......WinXP....... If I have an existing file and open it, make some changes, then do a SAVE AS and give it a different name, the newly "saved as" file is a completely *NEW* file and the original is still in tact with the previous file name. Try looking for the previous file name. Biff "JCC" <JCC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9CAD1748-1D5C...

how to edit Adobe file
how to edit Adobe file Most certainly not in Word. pdf files, I'm assuming that is what you mean by 'Adobe files', are 'fixed' files. Their layout is frozen so they look the same on any machine and can not be edited. If you still want to edit such a pdf file, you will have to convert the file to something else, edit it, and then save the result back as a pdf. The best tool to do the conversion of pdf files to Word documents is probably Acrobat Professional. Unfortunately, that is a rather expensive product to use for a few simple conversions. There are ...

How many recordset can be opened simultaneously for a MS-Access 2000 Database for adding /editing records
Hey Friends Can someone please suggest how many recordset can be opened simultaneously for a MS-Access 2000 for adding /editing records. I also want a comparison with MSDE for the same. Vikrant wrote: > Hey Friends > Can someone please suggest how many recordset can be opened > simultaneously for a MS-Access 2000 for adding /editing records. > I also want a comparison with MSDE for the same. Uhm... If I remember correctly that would be max. 20 connections. Successive CRecordset::Open(...) requests would fail. I don't know this parameter for MSDE. There's a limit in...

Replicating Formulas between excel files
Hi there, Does anyone know how I can replicate formulas (verbatim) between difference excel files? I've tried to cut and paste between the separate files, but to my dismay it makes a reference to the original file. Regards, Nickchups The best procedure depends on how many you're trying to copy. For one or two, you can select the *entire* formula in the formula bar, right click and choose "Copy", then hit <Enter>. Now you can navigate to wherever you wish, and Paste it as many times and/or places you want. For numerous formulas, *unformulate* them by replacing t...

move files and prompt user if file already exists in target filepath
I have the following code that moves files between folders. Unfortunately, already existing files get overwritten if the new filename is the same. Is there a way to prompt the user in case the file would already exist and to abort the copy kill operation? here's my code: Private Sub Command9_Click() Dim strNewName As String Dim strOldName As String Dim strtargetfilepath As String strtargetfilepath = DLookup("[Draft to Active]", "filepath") strOldName = Me.Filename strNewName = strtargetfilepath & "\" & Me.Name1 FileCopy strOldName, strNe...

Unable to open Window Firewall in Control Panel
Hi All, I have WinXP Pro SP3 and when I go to Control Panel and double click on the 'Windows Firewall' icon I get an error message. There is no error number, only the text, The service Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Service (ICS) is not started. Do your wish to start it? I then click on the 'Yes' button and after a second to two I get another error message. This message states that the service could not be started. The error text that I post here is not word for word but you should get the idea of my problem. I am unable to check the status or add exclu...

Want to hack the recently used file list max entries
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC Would anyone care to offer a hack method to get the recently used file list to show more than 9 entries? No use telling me it can't be changed. I am asking for the &quot;Yes&quot; people to answer. OK, yes... The first thing you need to do is contact Microsoft & ask them for the source code. Seriously, there is no user option other than the setting provided in Preferences. If you want to see a longer list use the 'Recent' page of Project Gallery from the file menu. On its Customize page ...

Outlook 2007 cannot open .pst file
I just installed Outlook 2007, then moved older outlook pst files successfully into my new Outlook. However, I closed it and then restarted it. It claims that it cannot open the Outlook.pst file anymore. In trouble, need any and all input as to how to fix it; other than completely reinstalling it. I will loose some new email that I downloaded. thank you, -- ravimk http://forums.slipstick.com Which method did you use to reconnect your older pst-files? "Moved it" is not a valid action nor does it describe exactly what you did. The proper way to reconnect...

Excel temp files in network dir
I have users that are accessing a network shares to their excel files. I often see files that are 8 characters long Ex(D8710B20) and without extensions, left over in their dir. I have read MS article 814068 and understand that these are created during the save function; however, i have ruled out permissions and antivirus as the cause. These files consume a lot of network space. Any guidance would greatly be appreciated. Delete them? "les" <les.becker@ifcosystems.com> wrote in message news:242501c37332$34e6b600$a601280a@phx.gbl... : I have users that are accessing...