Connecting tables

Is there any way to connect tables in Publisher similiar to the way you can
connect text frames for overfill.
0
kpappano (2)

kpappano wrote:
> Is there any way to connect tables in Publisher similiar to the way you can
> connect text frames for overfill.

Nope.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://ed.mvps.org

"Ed Bennett" wrote:

> kpappano wrote:
> > Is there any way to connect tables in Publisher similiar to the way you can
> > connect text frames for overfill.
>
> Nope.
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
> http://ed.mvps.org

0
kpappano (2)
10/27/2006 12:00:03 PM
Copy the table, paste into page one, paste again into page two. Delete the
bottom rows in table one so it fits the page, delete the top rows in table two.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"kpappano" <kpappano@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there any other way I can do it?  Any suggestions?
>
> "Ed Bennett" wrote:
>
>> kpappano wrote:
>> > Is there any way to connect tables in Publisher similiar to the way you can
>> > connect text frames for overfill.
>>
>> Nope.
>>
>> --
>> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
>> http://ed.mvps.org

0
mary-sauer (6480)

Multiple DBs sharing tables
Can we set up multiple databases to share information like customers or items. We have five companies setup in five dbs and the item list is similar enough that we could use one list and customers may be repeated across companies as well. if I could "point" all dbs to a single customer and item table we would only have to enter info 1 time. When we moved over to GP we loaded all of the information from each company into an excel workbook and then that was loaded into G/P. That gave us the ability to clean things up!! "S Meyer" wrote: > Can we set up multiple data...

ms sql # temp table
vb.net 2008 I have a MS SQL stored procedure that uses # temp tables in the following manner: create #counties (countyname varchar(20)) insert into #counties ...... select firstname, lastname, address from personlist pl inner join #counties c on pl.county = c.countyname A string of countys is passed into the procedure and turned into a temp table for filterin the personlist. I've been using this strategy for years and it's always worked fine. I use these procs as the source for MS Access reports, Delphi reports, etc. Never a problem. Now I'm trying to create a ...

dial up connection fault
outlook keeps defaulting to a LAN connection, no matter how many times i set the modem option. other than re- setting my connections EVErY time i access my mail, what can i do? ...

Index & Match on Pivot Table
Hi, I'm using Office 97 - and was wondering if there is a way to do an Index (Match), (Match) type function on a Pivot Table? I've tried it - but I get a #value error. Does anyone know a way around this? Nelson Nelson wrote: > Hi, > > I'm using Office 97 - and was wondering if there is a way to do an Index > (Match), (Match) type function on a Pivot Table? > > I've tried it - but I get a #value error. Does anyone know a way around > this? > > Nelson > > -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextur...

No Group dialog box appear when working in Pivot Table
I'm trying to group a range of dates in pivot table. According to help files a dialog box should appear when selecting Group..., but nothing happens except a grouping of the entire marked range. How do I go about in order to make the Grouping dialog box show? Best Regards PerD > PerD, This might be something particular to my set-up (XL2K), but I have to build the table initially by specifying the data range *exactly* (click'n'drag on the worksheet) for grouping dates to be an option. If I use a blanket source (eg: A:B) it won't cut it. Try it again from scratch, the...

Unable to connect from clients
Hi We have server running CRM 4.0 and on the server CRM works just fine. When we try to connect to CRM from the browser we get 401.2 401.1 200 0 0 errors in IIS log We try to connect with ip address, hostname and servername:5555 which all works on the server but they time out on the clients. What could be wrong ?? "CRM consultant" <nomail@der.dk> wrote in message news:343FC8D4-683E-42C8-B7B0-D3D5F958EC26@microsoft.com... > Hi > > We have server running CRM 4.0 and on the server CRM works just fine. When > we try to connect to CRM from the browser we get 4...

Problem with Word table in Excel
Hope someone can help. Here's my problem. I want to easily double the amounts in each row of a column in a Microsoft Word table. I exported the table to Excel, inserted a column (column B) next to the one I wanted to work with, and typed the formula =A1*2. I then copied it to the rest of the cells in the B column. Of course, it worked. All the numbers in the A column were doubled in the corresponding B-column cells. But when I went to copy the doubled B-column numbers into the A column, I got a circular reference error. Problem is that I'm copying the formula, not the actu...

Sharing only forms, not tables
I have an access database. I have designed several forms which shows information retrieved by querries. I would like to share this forms with my colleagues via server. But, i dont want my colleagues to access tables and querries, because of security reasons. Could you pleae tell me a good reference to do that? How can i keep my tables in a seperate place than forms. Thanks That's not going to work. Forms have no data of their own. They read their data from and write their data to tables. If your users have not rights to read or write the tables, your forms won't work either. -- A...

formula in a pivot table?
Hello guys, is that true that excel-pivot is only able to sum (meanvalue is no selectable) from a formula made table. usually you put by drag and dro the data field into your table. but you also can put by hand a formula which is quit useful sometimes. after lunching the data-field in your pivot you can say pleasy show me the minimum or the meanvalue. It looks like that is not possible when you create a data-field using formula. then excel is just able to sum that ****... do you have any other idea?? cheers, filipu -- filipu ------------------------------------------------------------...

How do you get a TRUE refresh of a Pivot table
Oh Pivot tables are so good and boy, do they save on calc time and size of file! BUT.........I notice that if some of the data it relies on is changed, by some magic, it still remembers the old data and, that old data will also be shown in the table unless you physically delete those references using the drop downs. I have found that sometimes you can clear the old references by re-running the wizard backwards as it seems to refresh those references. But that doesn't work in all situations. Is there a way to remove old references automatically AND how is it possible that they still exist?...

Pivot tables- 0 counts don't display
How can I get a 0 counts to display in the pivot chart and subsequent graphs. Thanks to Debra for answering my last question, it was a big help! You could enter a dummy record for each combination in the table, and leave the door field blank. For example: door floor core doortype 1 1 1 2 1 1 3 1 1 These records will be displayed in the column and row area, but won't be counted in the data area, where 'Count of Door' is used. Jim wrote: > How can I get a 0 counts to display in the pivot chart > and subs...

Does sender filter rules apply only to anonymous connections ?
Hi, In Exchange 2003 documentation, we can read that : "Recipient filter rules apply only to anonymous connections. Authenticated users and Exchange servers bypass these validations.". I would like to know if this is also true for sender filter rules. We receive a lot of emails where the FROM email address pretends to be in our domain name. We would like to deny SMTP messages when the email address of the sender pretends to be part of our organization AND when the user has not authenticated (if the user has authenticated, we can trust his FROM header). How can we do that ? M...

question on tables and queries
I've imported 2 tables from excel and ran a query against those two tables to determined the difference. This is something I would like to do each month. I would like to keep the same settings in my database, is there a way I can easily import/update the data in the new table without creating a new one each month? The query would stay the same as I'm comparing the same two files, but the the data will be changing every month. I don't know much about access and would like to know if there is an easier way of doing this besides creating a new table and query each month? I&...

Pivot Tables: New dimension members show up checked in dropdown
I've noticed that when distinct new members are added to dimension dat they show up as checked in a dropdown list when the pivot table i refreshed. Is there anyway to disable this so that they don't show up (pre checked? Basically, I have a model that depends on a subset of the members which I have checked in a dropdown, and the rest are unchecked - an when a distinct new member is added it automatically shows up a checked in the dropdown list, which gives me wrong answers. E.g. I have Stock Tickers as a dimension and avg. price as the measure I have 10,000 Distinct Tickers of whic...

Connecting to a shared SSRS data source from BIDS
I'm just starting out using BIDS and creating reports in general. I've been using Report Builder and have no trouble accessing a shared SSRS data source by specifying the Report Server (http://<Server>/ReportServer) in the Options...Settings, from there I can view and use any predefined data source in a report. How do I specify in BIDS that I wish to use a preconfigured shared data source from SSRS, I can't see any obvious option. Any advice gratefully received. Thanks David David, Hopefully when you connect your report to a shared datasource in design t...

Yes/No dropdown and table field validation
Good Morning,I'm currently working on putting a 'yes/no' dropdown box in my Accessform, without table lookup for the 'y/n' values. I had read that thetable field for this could be 1 char long, with a validation rule of:'in("Y","N")'. However, I get a datatype conflict when I test theform. When I take out the validation rule, it works seeminglyseamlessly. Is the validation rule actually needed, and can it bemade to work?Thanks,Louis A Yes/No field stores -1 for Yes (true), and 0 for No (false.)The text "Y" and "N" are not t...

Pivot table field settings--ghosted out
I'm MS-Excel 2003 pivot tables which connect to an OLAP database. I a trying to set my subtotals in the pivot table to "AVERAGE". Currently they're defaulting to the "SUM" setting. I right click on the cell (I do this for both the cell and the cel heading...same result) and select "FIELD SETTINGS". This brings up th Pivot table field window. The only options that I have that are no ghosted out are "AUTOMATIC" and "NONE". I understand that I need to tick the CUSTOM radio button under th Subtotal heading, but i am unable to do so...

32bit ODBC connect to 64bits server?
I'm trying to create a User DSN (from my 32-bit Server and PC) to SQL Server 2008 R2 64-bit. I'm using the SQL Server Native Client 10 driver. When select SQL authentication, type 'sa' as a user and password click Next; Connection failed: SQLState: '08001" SQL Server Error: 0 [Microsoft][SQL Server native Client 10.0] Unable to complete login presecc due to delay in opening server connection. On Jul 30, 2:51=A0am, MLITSupport <mlit.suppor...@gmail.com> wrote: > I'm trying to create a User DSN (from my 32-bit Server and PC) to SQL > Ser...

Searching documents with tables
Not sure if Windows 7 issue or word issue, but I am trying to search for text in word document(s) that is in a table. In Windows Explorer I type the test in the search box and hit enter. If the text is not in a table windows search finds it perfectly, but words that are in a table it won't find. Is there a way around this? ...

What is the quickest way to copy a table to an array?
Hi everyone, I have a table to process. It can vary in size between 2-4 columns and 2-100 rows. The table is a simple thing, containing just plain text. What is the quickest/nicest way to copy the content of the table to a 2D array? Stephenc stephenc wrote: > Hi everyone, > > I have a table to process. It can vary in size between 2-4 columns > and 2-100 rows. The table is a simple thing, containing just plain > text. > > What is the quickest/nicest way to copy the content of the table to a > 2D array? > > Stephenc I would do this in th...

The connection to the server has failed. ... emails not sending.
Hi, My granparents recently got a laptop and set up their Outlook Express. Up until recently they were able to send and receive emails, and now they can only receive. The following message appears when they try to send an email .. The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'mail.tpg.com.au', Server: 'mail.tpg.com.au', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10051, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E I've having a look with no success (i'm their grandaughter) Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks, Rachel Have you checked you...

Connecting to the Internet
IWhen I opened Money 2007 it informed me that it needed to install an update. So I followed the direction and it appeared the update installed correctly. However, since installing the update Money has not been able to connect to the internet. When I enter mi Windows Live ID I get the following error: "You must be connected to the internet to sign in online." I have checked and I am able to use sign into money central with my user information. Does anyone know how I can fix this issue? I am having the exact same issue... "NealT" wrote: > IWhen I opened Money 200...

Table of Contents not displaying
I have been succssfully using the Table of Contents feature forever. Suddenly, it displays only codes on the screen, yet will properly print and will display properly in "Full Screen Reading" mode. Creating a PDF also displays the ToC correctly. This occurs only on my computer and will display properly on other computers. How do I fix this? Press Alt+F9 to toggle the display from field codes to field results. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "tomMedClinic" <tomMedClinic@discussion...

How do I distinguish between upper and lower case with pivot tabl.
How do I distinguish between upper and lower case items when creating a pivot table, e.g. a list of warehosue names which have combinations of both upper and lower case, lower case being one type of warehouse and the upper case ones representing a different type What you could do is add a column to the original table that attaches a "1" in front of every warehouse name whose first character is upper case. =IF(CODE(LEFT(A2))<91,1&A2,A2) And fill down. Then use this new column in your pivot table. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >How do I dist...

Changing Linked Table Name
Access 2003 Every once in a while I decide to change the name of a table in a standard fe/be setup. Occasionally the name change encompasses a number of related tables. The process is... 1) go to the BE and change the actual table name 2) go to the FE and relink the changed tables 3) go to the queries and reconstruct any related queries 4) go to the forms and reselect the reconstructed queries/tables 5) go to the modules and run a find/replace Obviously, this is quite time consuming. I don't expect to be able to change anything about step 5, but is there some easier w...