Connecting Documents

I have a newsletter on Publisher, and I want to insert an ad that is also on
Publisher.  How do I insert one Publisher document into another?
0
Jayne (15)

You wouldn't. You'd save the ad as an image and then place it into your
Publlisher newsletter.
Which version of Publisher are you using?

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rob Giordano

"Samantha Jayne" <Samantha Jayne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a newsletter on Publisher, and I want to insert an ad that is also
> on
> Publisher.  How do I insert one Publisher document into another?

0
webmaster911 (1600)
9/27/2009 4:35:20 AM
I have some text-box notices (could also be ads) that I just copy/paste from
one publication to another. No special saving as an image or anything. I've
been doing it in Pub07 & I'm pretty sure I did the same thing in Pub03 &
maybe even before, as it's a notice I repeat every year a couple of times &
have been for many years. I've been muddling through with Publisher since at
least whatever the pre-98 version was (was that under Win 3.1?). Leastwise,
I *think* it was Publisher back then (before Pub I used Word, even back
under DOS, but I didn't need to produce an electronic version, just
hard-copy camera-ready for the printer, so I could do some actual physical
cut&paste where necessary).

I don't remember if I've done this with a text/picture combo but it's what
I'd try first -- easy & takes only a few moments to try.
bj

"Rob Giordano [MS MVP]" <webmaster@siriussystems.invalid> wrote in message
> You wouldn't. You'd save the ad as an image and then place it into your
> Publlisher newsletter.
> Which version of Publisher are you using?
>
> --
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Rob Giordano
> Microsoft MVP Expression Web
>

> "Samantha Jayne" <Samantha Jayne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:2C6ABC0A-9031-421F-976F-525D1D92A776@microsoft.com...
>> I have a newsletter on Publisher, and I want to insert an ad that is also
>> on Publisher.  How do I insert one Publisher document into another?

0
bjones44 (68)
9/27/2009 5:21:11 AM
You can do that as well.
only if the ad is made up of several objects, and you need to resize the ad
it's easier to resize it if it's one image.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"bjm" <bjones44@verizon.net> wrote in message
> I have some text-box notices (could also be ads) that I just copy/paste
> from
> one publication to another. No special saving as an image or anything.
> I've
> been doing it in Pub07 & I'm pretty sure I did the same thing in Pub03 &
> maybe even before, as it's a notice I repeat every year a couple of times
> &
> have been for many years. I've been muddling through with Publisher since
> at
> least whatever the pre-98 version was (was that under Win 3.1?).
> Leastwise,
> I *think* it was Publisher back then (before Pub I used Word, even back
> under DOS, but I didn't need to produce an electronic version, just
> hard-copy camera-ready for the printer, so I could do some actual physical
> cut&paste where necessary).
>
> I don't remember if I've done this with a text/picture combo but it's what
> I'd try first -- easy & takes only a few moments to try.
> bj
>
> "Rob Giordano [MS MVP]" <webmaster@siriussystems.invalid> wrote in message
>> You wouldn't. You'd save the ad as an image and then place it into your
>> Publlisher newsletter.
>> Which version of Publisher are you using?
>>
>> --
>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>> Rob Giordano
>> Microsoft MVP Expression Web
>>

>> "Samantha Jayne" <Samantha Jayne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message news:2C6ABC0A-9031-421F-976F-525D1D92A776@microsoft.com...
>>> I have a newsletter on Publisher, and I want to insert an ad that is
>>> also
>>> on Publisher.  How do I insert one Publisher document into another?

0
webmaster911 (1600)
9/27/2009 3:14:57 PM
2007.  This worked perfectly.  Many thanks.

"Rob Giordano [MS MVP]" wrote:

> You wouldn't. You'd save the ad as an image and then place it into your
> Publlisher newsletter.
> Which version of Publisher are you using?
>
> --
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Rob Giordano
> Microsoft MVP Expression Web
>

> "Samantha Jayne" <Samantha Jayne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I have a newsletter on Publisher, and I want to insert an ad that is also
> > on
> > Publisher.  How do I insert one Publisher document into another?

yw, thanks for the feedback.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

> 2007.  This worked perfectly.  Many thanks.
>
> "Rob Giordano [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> You wouldn't. You'd save the ad as an image and then place it into your
>> Publlisher newsletter.
>> Which version of Publisher are you using?
>>
>> --
>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>> Rob Giordano
>> Microsoft MVP Expression Web
>>

>> "Samantha Jayne" <Samantha Jayne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message
>> > I have a newsletter on Publisher, and I want to insert an ad that is
>> > also
>> > on
>> > Publisher.  How do I insert one Publisher document into another?

0
webmaster911 (1600)

Excel 2003 document post to web is appending
I am using VBA code in a 2003 Excel spreadsheet. I just upgraded the computer to Office 2003 (not 97). Now when I post with HTMLConvert, it appends instead of replacing the contents of the page. I deleted the object and then posted and of course it’s OK – the next day when I run the daily update, it appends. How can I make this code just replace the current data??? Here is my code: 'save Daily Safety Stats as html format on Safety Web Page Set rngRangeToHTML = Worksheets(strMonth).Range(strRange) iResult = htmlconvert(rangeandcharttoconvert:=rngRangeToHTML, _ ...

Override document (view) settings on incoming email attachments?
Using 2003 in a mixed 2003/2007 environment. I'm also using Word as my default Outlook email editor, in case that matters. I work with different people who all have individual preferences for how to work in their documents. When I get documents (by email), and open them, sometimes they open in side-by-side (2 page) view, sometimes the document will open without the drawing toolbar or other toolbars, etc. Is there a reliable way to make sure that my set toolbars will always open with all documents and that the document view will always be my preferred view (print layout, vs...

convert existing Excel into Data source document to link to exist.
Convert existing Excel into Data source document to link to existing Mail Merge document to create multiple letters for mass mailings? In Word, select the Excel file as Data source "KayLMPD" wrote: > Convert existing Excel into Data source document to link to existing Mail > Merge document to create multiple letters for mass mailings? ...

Copying portions of an XML document
Hi I have a section in my app.config file that stores information about executing certain stored procedures that get cached using Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.cache, a sample of which is shown below: <listManagerCommands> <listManagerCommand name="SelectStates" storedProcedure="usp_SelectStates" connectionStringKey="UWMainConnString" cacheFlag="True" cacheTimeout="60"> </listManagerCommand> </listManagerCommands> I want to store these commands in a separate XML file that people can...

How to Find any connection over internet
Dear Sir, How to find the any user is connected to SQL Server over internet using any views like Sys.DM_Exec_Connections etc. Sanjay Shah SANJAY SHAH-MICROBRAIN COMPUTERS PVT. LTD. (sanjay@microbrain.in) writes: > How to find the any user is connected to SQL Server over internet using > any views like Sys.DM_Exec_Connections etc. The column client_net_address gives you this information. Of course, you will have to decide what is "Internet" for you. -- Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@sommarskog.se Links for SQL Server Books Online: S...

auto insert footer to master documents
I need to know how to get the file name to automatically insert as a footer on a master document and print out each time without having to add a footer.I need step by step instructions. Thanks -- Heather Janek Office Assistant Can't be done automatically. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Heather Janek" <HeatherJanek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4920C076-2975-4762-A497-0EE0DB918241@microsoft.com... >I need to know how to get the file name to automatically insert as a ...

How can I create a new document
hi ,all I wanner create a multiple of documents ,so I dont wanner see every time when i create a new document the MainFrame will be flushed. It waw real bad feel,how can I do? thx for ur advices,first. I am not sure what you are asking here. To create a document you would use OpenDocumentFile/CreateNewDocument on its doctemplate. --- Ajay You can send a message to the window that handles your File/New menu item and just pump the message through with code (SendMessage or PostMessage). Tom "jimmy" <tbscer@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1145266188.397196.180470@t31g20...

Best Practices for Documenting?
Hello, I like to annotate and document the purpose and function of workbooks that I create. This lets others who use my work what has been done, why it has been done, how it has been done, etc. It is also useful to me when I return to a workbook for reference after being away from it for a while. Are there best practices for such documentation within a workbook? Currently, I create a separate worksheet for notes, lookup tables, etc and call it "Reference & Lookup" or whatever seems appropriate. Is there a better / more accepted way to document in Excel? Thanks! Tom...

write off documents
In Tools-Routines-Sales-Write Off Documents the system currently pulls the default AR account vs. the actual account when doing a writeoff per transaction (ex. in the manual payment apply window when you take a writeoff). When using this feature, the account should be pulled from the document and not per customer and figure out what distribution to use from the transaction (instead of the customer). That way when writing off amounts from a specific transaction, the write-off would be to the same accounts as the original transaction. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Micr...

How do you view a document that was done in publisher without hav
How do you view a document that was done in publisher if you do not have publisher or you have an older version than what it was designed in? Is there a reader file for this? no you could output the file to a pdf if you have Acrobat distiller/writer or use CutePDF or PrimoPDF "Becky" <Becky @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4409C440-727A-4988-9614-E04DB27CBE80@microsoft.com... | How do you view a document that was done in publisher if you do not have | publisher or you have an older version than what it was designed in? Is | there a reader file for t...

Changing file permissions when saving Word or Excel documents
Hi, I work in an office environment which consists primarily of PCs using Office (Word, Excel, etc.). I have found that when I save an existing Word or Excel file (Office 2004 with all the updates) which is on a network drive with multiple user and group permissions, the write permission reverts to just me, instead of the multiple users and groups, i.e., it becomes read-only for everyone else. It doesn't matter if the file is open with "(shared)" access on Windows first, if I save it, it becomes read-only to everyone else. Currently, I have to remember to immediately drop int...

Problem opening excel documents
We have a standalone workstation with Excel on it. When a user double clicks on a spreadsheet to open it, Excel opens up, but then the spreadsheet will not open. The message that comes up is something to the effect of "path cannot be found". If the user open Excel first and then using Excel's File-Open dialog box, the file can be opened. Anyone have any idea how to fix this issue. Thanks in advance. Dwayne Try this: <Tools> <Options> <General> tab, And *UNCHECK* "Ignore Other Applications". -- HTH, RD -----------------------------------...

XP connection to Win2003 servers on old NT4 domain
This is more an NT4 domain question than an XP one, but perhaps some folks here still remember their NT domain days - or know of other groups where those old timers still reside: Here's the issue: I have a single network split between two buildings 3 miles apart - and connected by a T1 line (very Mickey Mouse.) Half of the network - xx.xx.xx.1-128 - is in one building and the rest - xx.xx.xx.129-255 is in the other. I'm thinking that the NT 4.0 BDC in the one building is not talking correctly to the PDC in the other - although I am assured by my higher ups that everyt...

Want ActiveX control To display Office Document?
Hi all, I want activex control which can display word file data in that. Are there any such available with out of box VC++ 6. How it can be achived with container type activex ? Thank in advance. Jetli http://support.microsoft.com/kb/243058/ "Jay Chadderwala" <jay.chadderwala@emsure.com> д����Ϣ����:d816dc54.0502010501.717fb6bb@posting.google.com... > Hi all, > > > I want activex control which can display word file data in that. > > Are there any such available with out of box VC++ 6. > > How it can be achived with container type activex ? > &g...

Html document via SMTP
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0013_01C81AD8.EB6EBBA0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have a hard time to find out the right source of the SMTP protocole, in order to send an Html document right throug the email view. Not simply an attached document to it. But should be pretty straight forward!... I think! Is someone out there can provide me the right place to go..! I already did some little code in the past, to send simple text over SMTP ! Thank! jmarc... ------=_NextPart_000_0013_...

Import One Page Into Anoter Document
I found this question posted, but there were no answers. Mary Sauer evidently gave the answer, but I can't find the post. So sorry. I would like to create single pages, then compile the pages of choice into one document. I'm creating tutorials, and it is just easier to create one page at a time and decide on page order later. Thank you for your anticipated help. Since I am brand new here, and don't want to miss the answer, is it possible for me to receive an email? Thanks! lsgal mary wrote: > I found this question posted, but there were no answers. Mary Sauer evidently ...

Cannot connect to Exchange Server
Dear MVP, I have problem in my office, there are 2 PC's under windows 98 and using office 2000. When I open Microsoft outlook, there is an error : "Cannot connect to exchange server". Is it problem using Microsoft Outlook 2000 in windows 98. Please your help Regards Can you ping the server and resolve the server by name? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Darlie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1ddd60...

Converting an XML documentation file to a help file
Hi all, This may seem like an obvious question. How do I convert the XML documentation file that the C# compiler emits from my XML comments into a help file for the Microsoft Document Explorer? Is there a tool program or something that I am missing? I cannot find anything in any of the documentation. Regards, Chris You need an external program http://ndoc.sourceforge.net/ seems pretty good to me Sacha "Chris Morrison" <msnews@rassalom-technology.co.uk> wrote in message news:%23xGtZwMQEHA.628@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi all, > > This may seem like an o...

How can I merge 2 documents into one and combine changes?
I have 2 documents. About 75% of the information is identical in both. when I merge them I get a 3rd document that highlights and red-lines changes and shows what has been DELETED. What I want to do is: 1. Have word compare the 2 and delete only duplicate entries 2. Insert additions in one document from other 3. Show me what has been changed 4. Allow me to merge the two and ELIMINATE the correction notations (red text, lines, etc.) Thanks ...

importing a large word document into Publisher XP
I am having a horrible time trying to figure out how to import a 24 page word document into a booklet format. I have been trying for two days to no avail. Please help me, this really shouldn't be this difficult! On your booklet's first page arrange the margins, create a text box to fit within your margin, with the text box selected, right-click, click change text, text file, browse to your Word file. Publisher will automatically create text boxes and pages. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "theworkin...

compatibility with document formatted in Word for Windows.
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I can't make my A5 document print on A4 paper as two pages per page. Print preview insists that part of the text is beyond the margins. I'm new to mac so may be missing a vital step. Does it work in Windows? Do both the Windows PC and the Mac connect to the same printer? This may very well be a printer issue, with the printer connected to your Mac using a pre-defined document margin that is larger than the one used by the printer connected to your Windows PC. On 26/03/10 3:09, Jenny_Missen@officeformac.com wrot...

unapply sales documents
Is there any way of accidentially unapplying sales documents? Our accounting department have applied credits to debits and mysteriously they become unapplied again. Help! was the payment voided? if it is then the invoice becomes open or unapplied. "Catherine the Brit" wrote: > Is there any way of accidentially unapplying sales documents? Our accounting > department have applied credits to debits and mysteriously they become > unapplied again. > > Help! no it was not voided - just strange that it was applied and now it shows as unapplied "Gerald&qu...

How can write a MFC Application that can Thumnails the document like thumnails image ?
Hi, everybod I want to write MFC application that can make a catalog like image catalog but the documents are thumnails like Microsoft word thumnails Thanks ----- danpi wrote: ---- Hi, everybod I want to write MFC application that can make a catalog like image catalog but the documents are thumnails like Microsoft word thumnails Thank Hello lootk this http://www.codeproject.com/vcpp/gdiplus/GdiPThumbnailsViewer.as http://www.codeproject.com/listctrl/thumbnailview.as With Regards R.Selva ...

desktop and my documents (folder redirection)
Hello, I have win2k3 with pgo and i have configured one pc (Win XP) with folder redirection (desktop et my documents). I haven't connected to my network for 1 week and i have a problem in disk with this pc (WinXP) but i can access to disk data. The problem is i can't find my data in my desktop and in my documents. can you help me where can i find my data in my desktop and my documents? Thank you. ...

document imaging system
We are looking for a document imaging system that will enable us to digitally scan paper documents such as POs, receiving slips, signed delivery slips, etc. After scanning, the paper documents would be shredded. Does anyone know if there is any document imaging software that is integrated with Great Plains? I'm not certain yet that the solution we are looking for would have to be integrated with GP, but my initial thought is that there might be some benefits if the digital documents stored on our server could be linked to a specific PO, invoice, etc. within GP. John Schrock John: ...