connect text box toolbar is grayed out.

The "connect text box" toolbar is grayed out. How do get it to work?

I've tried clicking within the overfloweing text area that I want to flow
into another textbox, and I've clicked on the toolbar itself, but nothing
works.

Any help will be appreciated. I have Publisher 2003.
0
Toody (13)

You can only link to an empty text box.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Toody" <Toody@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> The "connect text box" toolbar is grayed out. How do get it to work?
>
> I've tried clicking within the overfloweing text area that I want to flow
> into another textbox, and I've clicked on the toolbar itself, but nothing
> works.
>
> Any help will be appreciated. I have Publisher 2003.

0
mary-sauer (6480)
7/3/2007 6:51:34 PM
Thanks. That helps a lot. For some reason, I thought that the text had to be
inside the box.

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> You can only link to an empty text box.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Toody" <Toody@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > The "connect text box" toolbar is grayed out. How do get it to work?
> >
> > I've tried clicking within the overfloweing text area that I want to flow
> > into another textbox, and I've clicked on the toolbar itself, but nothing
> > works.
> >
> > Any help will be appreciated. I have Publisher 2003.

0
Toody (13)

How do you add text after a formula?
I'm working on creating a report. At the top of each section is a mont that I type in. At the bottom I want a cell to display that month an also add the word "Total". So for example I have May listed in Cell B3 I now want "May Total" to be listed in cell B36. I know if I want it t display just "May" I'd enter =B3 but how do I make it add the Tota part? Thanks in advance for any help -- Wease ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Weasel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2720 Vie...

Need message box to be at front of screen
Greetings all. I have set a timer on a form which has a message box that pops up at defined intervals telling the user they are still being timed. The problem is that if they are using another application with access minimized, the message box is not visible until they minimize all other applications that are on top of it. Is there a way to make the message box show on top of all other open applications? I am using Access 2003 with XP Pro. Thank you. -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com If you are using the Access application to pop up an Access messagebox, I ...

Insert Check Box
Can anyone tell me how to insert a simple check box in an Excel worksheet. I have the actual check box on my worksheet, but when I click it, I want a checkmark to appear...and that is not what it is doing. Please help. Krista, Then what DOES it do when you click it? Does it select the check box (put handles around it)? -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "Krista Cook" <ekcook@comcast.net> wrote in message news:3E293822-F641-4DD5-844A-91459560293F@microsoft.com... > Can anyone tell me how to insert ...

Displaying Message from event sink to Edit control in dialog box
Hai I am working on FTP Software using MFC and i have to write the ftp server request and response to tracer window. The server request and response were caught by Eventsink and i donot know how to pass this text to edit control in dialog box which is another class. Here is coding of Event Sink / EventSink.cpp : implementation file // #include "stdafx.h" #include "RoboFTPClient.h" #include "RoboFTPClientDlg.h" #include "Eventsink.h" #ifdef _DEBUG #define new DEBUG_NEW #undef THIS_FILE static char THIS_FILE[] = __FILE__; #endif extern long gnResult...

Catalog merge prints a '0' instead of my merged text
When using Publisher 2007 catalog merge with an excel data source, some of my merged fields print as 0 instead of the source text. My excel spreadsheet column(s) are formatted as 'text'. The merging problem seems to occur when I have numbers in the excel column, particularly if the excel cell contains somethink like '10" to 20". I have tried using the single quote in excel field to designate the entry as text with no success. Any ideas? It seems to me you can format the field as text without the quote. I advise folks that use zip codes that start with a zero to f...

Text in Comments
I apologise if this is a commonly asked question but work pressures are such that I can't spend ages looking through the forums for the answer. Is there a way to get the text from an inserted comment and put the text into a cell?, other than opening the comment and copying and pasting the information into a cell. Thanks. Hi this would require VBA (a user defined function). e.g. try the following: Public Function get_comment(rng As Range) Application.Volatile get_comment = rng.Comment.Text End Function Try =GET_COMMENT(A1) in your worksheet. Note: returns an error...

MS Query convert text to #
I am querying a data base that is returning a number as text. Is there a way to convert the text to an actual number in the query, before it is returned to excel??? Thanks to everyone that replies. In Microsoft Query, you can create a calculated field. For example, if the field name is ItemCode: Click in a blank column heading Type an expression to convert the text to a number, e.g.: ItemCode+0 or CLng(ItemCode) Return the data to Excel Shane wrote: > I am querying a data base that is returning a number as > text. Is there a way to convert the text to an actua...

Moving the full text index property store
Hi, We are not using FT indexing, but the following directories exist in our clustered environment, i wish to move these from the existing disk to a new volume. X:\EXCHSRVR\ExchangeServer_%servername%\Config X:\EXCHSRVR\ExchangeServer_%servername%\GatherLogs X:\EXCHSRVR\ExchangeServer_%servername%\Projects I notice that you can use the pstoreutl.exe program to move store logs, does this move all three folders? http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/08728b4b-6416-40c5-a5a9-8458d1012fbf.aspx Thanks Matthew Actually, there is a more specific article that talks about how to move the ...

check Text
Dear Gentlemen, I have typed a text in a cell. Now want to have formula which checks that the required text is in the cell or not. For example cell A1 contains rth In Cell B1 I want the formula =IF(A1=rth)..... But whenever I type the above type of formula an error message occours Please give suggessions. Thank you G.Karthi -- fitzol ------------------------------------------------------------------------ fitzol's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=33328 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=531506 =if(a1=&quo...

failed to send item dialog box when sending(why)
I keep getting failed to send item when I hit send on outlook ...

Paste a number as text
We often use the copy paste function to export some data from our software into excel for further analysis. In one colomn we have a text field which containes sometimes only numers like "23000.3000". If we copy and paste this field, the result in excel would be "23000.3". (It is interpreted as number) We tried already to add a ' before the value but the the ' is showed as normal letter. Is there any solution to paste any number as a text in Excel without programming a full Excel automation. Thank you for your help! If it's just one cell, format it as text ...

How do I add the same text to numerous existing cells
How do I add the same text to numerous existing cells without having to repeatedly type the text? Ex. adding .gif to XXE1149J, XXE1130J... =A1&".gif" "Wanda_pb" <Wanda_pb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6D20A2D9-3BFF-4BA2-A85D-7F5FD229A62A@microsoft.com... > How do I add the same text to numerous existing cells without having to > repeatedly type the text? Ex. adding .gif to XXE1149J, XXE1130J... Thank you, that was very helpful, but I guess I should have mentioned there were "/" also in the text. When I did your sugge...

leading zeros in text format
I receive bulk orders via an Excel spreadsheet, containing many individual orders with reference numbers. The reference numbers may be 7-9 digits long, however the field needs to have 10 digits. The format is set to customize: 0000000000. In this manner, we always see the 10 digits regardless of the actual number. The problem we have is that we bulk-load this spreadsheet through a specific custome built bulk-loader. This reference number field must have 10 actual digits, not format digits. Therefore a number such as 00865243 becomes 865243 and then will not run through the bulk loa...

Connectivity issues in Oulook 2003
I am setting up a laptop for one of our users and I installed Office 2003. When I get to set up her account in Outlook, it is unable to connect to the exchange server, after it resolves her name in the Check name section. I have already uninstalled and reinstalled Office 2003. The DNS is working fine on that machine. I am signed in as her to the machine, which exists in AD. I am able to use OWA on the machine and using her login w/o any problems. Does anyone have any thoughts as to why I am unable to connect to the Exchange server? I have 2003 on my laptop and it works just fine. Please...

Wrap and merge text will not show all lines
I am using a required formate for a report done in Excel. The odd lines use 5 blocks and the even lines use these blocks merged into one to fill with text. When the data is 9 or more lines long it quits wrapping so cannot be read. My report is due and I cannot figure out how to fix this. Any ideas or is this a program problem? Text does stop wrapping in a cell after about 1000 characters. You might consider putting the text in a text box (from the Drawing toolbar). -- Jim "jar57" <jar57@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A8DA7311-306A-413F-B31E-4C3...

MS CRM Full Text Index for Attachements
As many have experienced, finding something after you've put it into MS CRM can be difficult. In an attempt to solve this problem specifically for file attachments (to emails, notes, etc.), I'm toying with the idea of adding full text indexes to the AnnotationBase table. And then creating an SDK front end to do the searching. Has anyone configured MS CRM in this way? Is there a better way to accomplish searching documents that are attached and in the database? Thanks, Dean Dean, I'm not sure this will work. The attachments are stored as BLOBs in the database so I don'...

Prevent automatic launch of Reviewing toolbar in Excel.
How do I prevent the apparently automatic launch of the Reviewing toolbar in Excel? Mike, In the workbook open event, or the autoopen macro, of your personal.xls, use the line: Application.CommandBars("Reviewing").Enabled = False This property is reset everytime that Excel closes, so you need to invoke it everytime you start Excel. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Mike N." <Mike N.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9435B6F5-88CB-4B32-BDDE-55C45206DFAE@microsoft.com... > How do I prevent the apparently automatic launch of the Reviewing toolbar in >...

Text box validation 01-04-08
I have a form with several text boxes that I want to check for duplicate values in the table. The PK inthe table is an Autonumber. What I want to do is not allow the FirstName LastName FileNo and SSN to be the same for any two records. The combination of these fields would garuntee that the same individual would not be allowed to have two records created. You could set a unique index in the underlying table on those four fields. This would disallow the entry of duplicates (but only after the fact -- after the user entered values and tried to save them). Another approach would be to g...

Condensing text values from one wksht to another
I have text data in column A of sheet one that is too lengthy. I wish to condense the data by copying JUST that data that leads up to the first space (break in the string)and copy to column A of sheet two. Example: blah,blah,blah blahhhh becomes blah,blah,blah. Is there a formula for the destination cell in sheet two that will accomplish this task, or does it require vba? If so, could someone walk me through it?? I am nearing desperation. Please help!!!! Jayceejay, In cell A1 of sheet2 fill in this formula and copy it down to A?? =LEFT(Sheet1!A1,FIND(" ",Sheet1!A1,1)-1) I ass...

Excel 2007: Return rownumber when text data on 3 columns match exa
Using: Excel 2007 I want to document Windows Group Policy settings side by side on a single sheet. To accomplish this task I want to return the row number of the current sheet where the data of the row that has an exact match. The data I want to lookup is in three colums. Example: Column B | Column C | Column D ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Policy | Control Panel | Load a specific visual style Policy | Desktop | Do not add shares Policy | Desktop | Hide Network Location...

Outlook 2007 Insert Options grayed out
In the New Mail Window in Outlook 2007, the options in the "Insert" tab are all grayed out. How do I enable them? "Gordon" <gbplinux@gmail.com.invalid> wrote in message news:63qd5pF28uoifU1@mid.individual.net... > In the New Mail Window in Outlook 2007, the options in the "Insert" tab > are all grayed out. > How do I enable them? > Please ignore - I hadn't clicked in the body of the message! Doh! ...

.ps1 attachment preview with text previewer
How can I get .ps1 files to preview with the built-in text preview handler. I have unblocked the .ps1 attachments so I can see them (in the registry) and I have associated the .ps1 extension with the built-in text previewer but I still get the message "This file cannot be previewed. Try opening the file in the program in which it was created". I am an instructor and I have students send their homework in via e-mail. Often times I like to quickly view the scripts without saving the attachment. This is not a security risk because you can't execute a powershell script dir...

Trim blank space within text
How can I remove the white space in text? eg. "12( 35)" into "12(35)" "12 3 5" into "1235" "123 (5)" into "1235" Possible to be done using TRIM function? Thanks ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Celia Try using the SUBSTITUTE function. Using this you can substitute all of the spaces with "" Andy. "celia" <celia.xe2vb@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:celia.x...

Connect two seperate companies
We have merged with another company and need to link our exchange servers. Both companies have seperate NT domains, and both use exchange 5.5. Our e-mail addresses are different. 1st we want to connect the 2 servers so that users can log onto their mailboxes from either site and also share calenders across sites. 2nd we want to bring the e-mail addresses in-line so that their e-mail addresses become ours but their old ones continue to function at the same time for a month or two. We have a routed 10mbs link between the 2 sites. We don't have trusted domains yet, but I think I can just ...

connecting "ethernet networks" to excede "8 objects"
I've read in the help files there is a way to get pas the 8 object limit on the ethernet network tool I've tried it but the instructions in help aren't very clear. any assistance would be appreciated! Thank you! The shape is limited to eight connections, but can be changed through some delicate surgery to have more connections. The easiest way is to drop a second (or third ethernet shape) and place them in a row. John... Visio MVP Need stencils or ideas? http://www.mvps.org/visio/3rdparty.htm Need VBA examples? http://www.mvps.org/visio/VBA.htm Common Visio Quest...