Conflict Between Publisher 2007 and Outlook 2007

I just purchased and installed Office 2007 Small Business Edtion.

I was exploring Publisher 2007 and it froze when I tried to get past the
opening  screen/window. I ran the Office Diagnostics and it showed after all
17 tests that everything was OK. I discovered that if I shut down Outlook
2007, Publisher worked fine.

Is anybody else having this problem or am I just special?

I would appreciate anything about how to stop this behavior.

If you need anymore information, just let me know.

Thanks,
BobB
0
BobB (16)

BobB wrote:
> I just purchased and installed Office 2007 Small Business Edtion.
>
> I was exploring Publisher 2007 and it froze when I tried to get past
> the opening  screen/window. I ran the Office Diagnostics and it
> showed after all 17 tests that everything was OK. I discovered that
> if I shut down Outlook 2007, Publisher worked fine.
>
> Is anybody else having this problem or am I just special?
>
> I would appreciate anything about how to stop this behavior.
>
> If you need anymore information, just let me know.
>
> Thanks,
> BobB
=============================
I'm not positive, but I think the following
articles may offer some useful info:

(835404) You receive an error message when
you try to open an Office document or start Outlook
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/835404/en-us

(329820) How to use Office programs with
the Norton AntiVirus Office plug-in
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=329820

(289508) How to view error signatures if an Office
program experiences a serious error and quits
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/289508/en-us

--
        John Inzer
    MS Picture It! -

      Digital Image
Highlights and FAQs
http://tinyurl.com/aczzp

            Notice
This is not tech support
      I am a volunteer

 Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

0
oobie (2069)
3/18/2007 1:17:32 PM
Doesn't offer any helpful information for this situation. But thanks for the
effort.

BobB

"John Inzer" wrote:

> BobB wrote:
> > I just purchased and installed Office 2007 Small Business Edtion.
> >
> > I was exploring Publisher 2007 and it froze when I tried to get past
> > the opening  screen/window. I ran the Office Diagnostics and it
> > showed after all 17 tests that everything was OK. I discovered that
> > if I shut down Outlook 2007, Publisher worked fine.
> >
> > Is anybody else having this problem or am I just special?
> >
> > I would appreciate anything about how to stop this behavior.
> >
> > If you need anymore information, just let me know.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > BobB
> =============================
> I'm not positive, but I think the following
> articles may offer some useful info:
>
> (835404) You receive an error message when
> you try to open an Office document or start Outlook
>
> (329820) How to use Office programs with
> the Norton AntiVirus Office plug-in
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=329820
>
> (289508) How to view error signatures if an Office
> program experiences a serious error and quits

>         John Inzer
>     MS Picture It! -
> Digital Image MVP
>
>       Digital Image
> Highlights and FAQs
> http://tinyurl.com/aczzp
>
>             Notice
> This is not tech support
>       I am a volunteer
>
>  Solutions that work for
> me may not work for you
>
> Proceed at your own risk

0
BobB (16)
3/18/2007 3:09:03 PM
Are you certain you have disabled the Office plug-in if you have Norton?
Have you adjusted your firewall to allow Business contact?

This product is so new, I have no idea why Publisher is hanging.
If you have a PassPost password you can submit this as a bug to the Publisher
developers

https://connect.microsoft.com/site/sitehome.aspx?SiteID=227&wa=wsignin1.0

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"BobB" <BobB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Doesn't offer any helpful information for this situation. But thanks for the
> effort.
>
> BobB
>
> "John Inzer" wrote:
>
>> BobB wrote:
>> > I just purchased and installed Office 2007 Small Business Edtion.
>> >
>> > I was exploring Publisher 2007 and it froze when I tried to get past
>> > the opening  screen/window. I ran the Office Diagnostics and it
>> > showed after all 17 tests that everything was OK. I discovered that
>> > if I shut down Outlook 2007, Publisher worked fine.
>> >
>> > Is anybody else having this problem or am I just special?
>> >
>> > I would appreciate anything about how to stop this behavior.
>> >
>> > If you need anymore information, just let me know.
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> > BobB
>> =============================
>> I'm not positive, but I think the following
>> articles may offer some useful info:
>>
>> (835404) You receive an error message when
>> you try to open an Office document or start Outlook
>>
>> (329820) How to use Office programs with
>> the Norton AntiVirus Office plug-in
>> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=329820
>>
>> (289508) How to view error signatures if an Office
>> program experiences a serious error and quits
>>

>> --
>>         John Inzer
>>     MS Picture It! -
>> Digital Image MVP