Completely OT #2

So sue me!

I have a bat in the house. One besides the one used to play baseball or
softball. It's tougher than Mike Tyson, it has taken blows from a
trustworthy broom and like the Energizer Bunny, keeps on going.

Any suggestions?

I sprayed it with Wasp and Hornet killer; somehow it must have turned it
invisible. I was confined to the bathroom but is not there anymore.

Mike

0
wordwiz (948)

Mike Koewler wrote:
> So sue me!
>
> I have a bat in the house. One besides the one used to play baseball or
> softball. It's tougher than Mike Tyson, it has taken blows from a
> trustworthy broom and like the Energizer Bunny, keeps on going.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> I sprayed it with Wasp and Hornet killer; somehow it must have turned it
> invisible. I was confined to the bathroom but is not there anymore.
>
> Mike

Apparently, it's in your belfry :)

seriously call the local critter control people to remove it humanely
and DONT SPRAY IT WITH WASP SPRAY... geeze :)

Steve in NC
0
dtp2webSPAM (302)
8/3/2004 3:31:38 AM
Wouldn't sue you but have to wonder why you'd pick this place for advice.
You think Publisher users are a little batty now do you?

--
David Bartosik - Microsoft MVP
Visit  www.davidbartosik.com

"Mike Koewler" <wordwiz@fuse.net> wrote in message
> So sue me!
>
> I have a bat in the house. One besides the one used to play baseball or
> softball. It's tougher than Mike Tyson, it has taken blows from a
> trustworthy broom and like the Energizer Bunny, keeps on going.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> I sprayed it with Wasp and Hornet killer; somehow it must have turned it
> invisible. I was confined to the bathroom but is not there anymore.
>
> Mike

0
forums1 (72)
8/3/2004 3:37:39 AM
"Mike Koewler" <wordwiz@fuse.net> wrote in message
> So sue me!
>
> I have a bat in the house. One besides the one used to play baseball or
> softball. It's tougher than Mike Tyson, it has taken blows from a
> trustworthy broom and like the Energizer Bunny, keeps on going.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> I sprayed it with Wasp and Hornet killer; somehow it must have turned it
> invisible. I was confined to the bathroom but is not there anymore.
>
> Mike

Find a casket and leave it open until just before the sun comes up...Then
slam it shut at dawn.

Leave the windows open and it will fly out.
Why on earth would you want to kill such a lovely animal?
It is not vermin like domestic cats.

0
brains (331)
8/3/2004 5:39:01 AM
The bat will migrate to the light, turn off the lights, turn on the porch light, open
the door and watch it fly away. Look behind your drapes, that is where it will hang
out during the day. Do you have a chimney?

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Mike Koewler" <wordwiz@fuse.net> wrote in message news:410F0174.6040003@fuse.net...
> So sue me!
>
> I have a bat in the house. One besides the one used to play baseball or
> softball. It's tougher than Mike Tyson, it has taken blows from a
> trustworthy broom and like the Energizer Bunny, keeps on going.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> I sprayed it with Wasp and Hornet killer; somehow it must have turned it
> invisible. I was confined to the bathroom but is not there anymore.
>
> Mike

0
gsauer (5093)
8/3/2004 9:12:48 AM
yeah, they bounce right off  brooms. the safest way (for the bat) is as
david said.. open the windows and he will go out to his natural habitat. if
not an option because of the bugs or heat, i've trapped them with a pool net
and gently released them outside. never kill a bat, they eat their weight in
flying insects every night. if it happens again... have your attic checked.
we had over 600 of them up there once and there ARE humane ways to get them
out & keep them out

--
"Display tolerance & kindness to those with less
knowledge than you because there is ALWAYS

"Mike Koewler" <wordwiz@fuse.net> wrote in message
> So sue me!
>
> I have a bat in the house. One besides the one used to play baseball or
> softball. It's tougher than Mike Tyson, it has taken blows from a
> trustworthy broom and like the Energizer Bunny, keeps on going.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> I sprayed it with Wasp and Hornet killer; somehow it must have turned it
> invisible. I was confined to the bathroom but is not there anymore.
>
> Mike

0
Budget
8/3/2004 10:24:48 AM
Mike Koewler wrote:
> So sue me!
>
> I have a bat in the house. One besides the one used to play baseball
> or softball. It's tougher than Mike Tyson, it has taken blows from a
> trustworthy broom and like the Energizer Bunny, keeps on going.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> I sprayed it with Wasp and Hornet killer; somehow it must have turned
> it invisible. I was confined to the bathroom but is not there anymore.
>
> Mike

Mike,

Most species are protected by law, so be careful what you do or you could
end up being prosecuted. Do you know what species it is? I can't remember
where in US you are. Wasp and hornet stuff isn't recommended for use on
bats...

lose his marbles?

0
misstick (379)
8/3/2004 11:22:02 AM
��MS-Publisher�� wrote:
> Leave the windows open and it will fly out.
> Why on earth would you want to kill such a lovely animal?
> It is not vermin like domestic cats.

Whilst I agree with you about bats, as a felinophile I must vehemently
disagree with your second statement.
lose his marbles?

0
misstick (379)

------=_NextPart_000_022A_01C479DC.D3F596B0

Sarah would you like to buy a Davey Crockett hat made from a whole cat =
skin?
They skin the cats, tan the hides, and sell them to raise funds for the =
cat traps.

I personally sponsor twelve cat traps annually, which would result in a =
minimum of 1,200 cats shot, and hopefully more.  I think the figures =
last year for my sponsored cat traps was over 1,500.
If you like, I will sponsor another two traps in your own name.

Most places now have cat curfews and hopefully in five years we will be =
rid of cats.  The damn things breed worse than Catholics.

Cats swamp shelter
Saturday, 31 July 2004

RECORD numbers of Bendigo cats were on death row yesterday, less than a =
month after the local council introduced a cat curfew.

Officials yesterday confirmed that the RSCPA animal shelter in East =
Bendigo had more than six times its usual number of cats waiting to be =
euthanised.

Cat owners fearing a fine and City of Greater Bendigo rangers have =
consistently dumped cats at the shelter since the sunset-to-sunrise =
curfew was adopted on July 5.

Residents face fines and costs of up to $150 if their cat is caught =
wandering at night and impounded.

Shelter manager Fred Cameron said he had never seen so many cats =
abandoned in his 30 years in the job.

"There are a lot of people surrendering their cats. This week we have =
had about 25," he said.

"This time of year, being cold and outside kitten season, we would =
probably have about 10 cats in cages.

"We have over 60. It has gone berserk." Mr Cameron said fear of the =
fines was the main reason behind locals bringing in their cats.

"There are two reasons for this. A lot of the cats are being surrendered =
by their owners because of the cat curfew, and a lot are being brought =
in because neighbours are trapping cats," he said. "Elderly people are =
probably getting a bit frightened that if their cats get out they will =
get into trouble.

"These cats would be inside (house) cats." Mr Cameron said the cats =
faced an uncertain future.

"Under law we have to keep them for as long as we are required to," he =
said.

"If they are surrendered it is 48 hours.

"If they are brought in by the council, we have to keep them for eight =
days.

"Hopefully, we can find owners for them." Mr Cameron said he had heard =
council rangers were calling for reinforcements to deal with the =
increased work.

"The rangers are being run off their feet," he said.

"I believe there is a waiting list for cat cages and they have ordered, =
and are expecting, another 12 cat traps." City of Greater Bendigo =
Community Services director Barry Secombe said he would investigate the =
"concerning" increase.

"We need to think about that. It is not what we desired to happen," he =
said.

"I did not think the waiting list would be that big." Mayor Greg =
Williams said he would continue to monitor the curfew.
------=_NextPart_000_022A_01C479DC.D3F596B0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>Sarah would you like to buy a Davey Crockett hat =
made from=20
a whole cat skin?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>They skin the&nbsp;cats, tan the hides, =
and&nbsp;sell them=20
to raise funds for the cat traps.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>I personally sponsor twelve cat traps annually, =
which=20
would result in a minimum of 1,200 cats shot, and hopefully more.&nbsp; =
I think=20
the figures last year for my sponsored cat traps was over =
1,500.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>If you like, I will sponsor another two traps in =
your own=20
name.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>Most places now have cat curfews and hopefully =
in five=20
years we will be rid of cats.&nbsp; The damn things breed worse than=20
Catholics.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial></FONT><FONT face=3DVerdana><STRONG><FONT =
color=3D#003366><A=20
href=3D"http://bendigo.yourguide.com.au/detail.asp?class=3Dnews&amp;subcl=
ass=3Dlocal&amp;category=3Dgeneral%20news&amp;story_id=3D325158&amp;y=3D2=
004&amp;m=3D7">Cats=20
swamp shelter</A><BR></FONT></STRONG><FONT color=3D#666666>Saturday, 31 =
July=20
2004</FONT></FONT><BR><BR><FONT face=3Dverdana,arial>RECORD numbers of =
Bendigo=20
cats were on death row yesterday, less than a month after the local =
council=20
introduced a cat curfew.<BR><BR>Officials yesterday confirmed that the =
RSCPA=20
animal shelter in East Bendigo had more than six times its usual number =
of cats=20
waiting to be euthanised.<BR><BR>Cat owners fearing a fine and City of =
Greater=20
Bendigo rangers have consistently dumped cats at the shelter since the=20
sunset-to-sunrise curfew was adopted on July 5.<BR><BR>Residents face =
fines and=20
costs of up to $150 if their cat is caught wandering at night and=20
impounded.<BR><BR>Shelter manager Fred Cameron said he had never seen so =
many=20
cats abandoned in his 30 years in the job.<BR><BR>"There are a lot of =
people=20
surrendering their cats. This week we have had about 25," he =
said.<BR><BR>"This=20
time of year, being cold and outside kitten season, we would probably =
have about=20
10 cats in cages.<BR><BR>"We have over 60. It has gone berserk." Mr =
Cameron said=20
fear of the fines was the main reason behind locals bringing in their=20
cats.<BR><BR>"There are two reasons for this. A lot of the cats are =
being=20
surrendered by their owners because of the cat curfew, and a lot are =
being=20
brought in because neighbours are trapping cats," he said. "Elderly =
people are=20
probably getting a bit frightened that if their cats get out they will =
get into=20
trouble.<BR><BR>"These cats would be inside (house) cats." Mr Cameron =
said the=20
cats faced an uncertain future.<BR><BR>"Under law we have to keep them =
for as=20
long as we are required to," he said.<BR><BR>"If they are surrendered it =
is 48=20
hours.<BR><BR>"If they are brought in by the council, we have to keep =
them for=20
eight days.<BR><BR>"Hopefully, we can find owners for them." Mr Cameron =
said he=20
had heard council rangers were calling for reinforcements to deal with =
the=20
increased work.<BR><BR>"The rangers are being run off their feet," he=20
said.<BR><BR>"I believe there is a waiting list for cat cages and they =
have=20
ordered, and are expecting, another 12 cat traps." City of Greater =
Bendigo=20
Community Services director Barry Secombe said he would investigate the=20
"concerning" increase.<BR><BR>"We need to think about that. It is not =
what we=20
desired to happen," he said.<BR><BR>"I did not think the waiting list =
would be=20
that big." Mayor Greg Williams said he would continue to monitor the =
curfew.=20
</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_022A_01C479DC.D3F596B0--

0
brains (331)
8/3/2004 6:38:02 PM
Mike,

Can you trap the bat in a room with a window? I'm sure he'd rather be
outside than in. Please don't spray him with bug spray. I'm not especially
fond of bats in the house (had two instances with bats in a former
apartment) but I can't see killing it.

Search the web for whatever bats eat (fruit?). Tempt him with food. Put it
near the open window and I'm sure he will be so grateful that he'll leave.

Good luck

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Mike Koewler" <wordwiz@fuse.net> wrote in message
> So sue me!
>
> I have a bat in the house. One besides the one used to play baseball or
> softball. It's tougher than Mike Tyson, it has taken blows from a
> trustworthy broom and like the Energizer Bunny, keeps on going.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> I sprayed it with Wasp and Hornet killer; somehow it must have turned it
> invisible. I was confined to the bathroom but is not there anymore.
>
> Mike

---

jl_amerson (3088)
8/3/2004 6:52:46 PM
JoAnn few would know like you do about bats in the head!!!

0
brains (331)
8/3/2004 6:58:43 PM
Bravo!

I wish someone would start a program like that around here. feral cats are a
major health threat to our children and other pets.
 I've spent the last 3 summers battling hookworm in my german shepherd
because the nieghbors feed
"the poor hungry kitties" without assuming full reponsibility for these
large vermin.
this year alone vet bills for hookworm topped $500. the cats leave little
"presents" all over the place.
maybe I'll start up a trapping program and donate to the local shooting
range. sponsor me?

--

"��MS-Publisher��" <brains@here.com> wrote in message
[...]

8/3/2004 7:52:41 PM
I agree completely. My dog had ear mites, something dogs do not get normally. There
are two women in our neighborhood that feed the cats (both spinsters). They breed and
breed (the cats, not the spinsters). The cats travel the alleys, every week or so a
car will kill one. These cats are mean suckers!!

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Budget Print Center" <budget(nospam)print@1usa.net> wrote in message
> [...]
>
> "If they are surrendered it is 48 hours.
>
> "If they are brought in by the council, we have to keep them for eight days.
>
> "Hopefully, we can find owners for them." Mr Cameron said he had heard
> council rangers were calling for reinforcements to deal with the increased
> work.
>
> "The rangers are being run off their feet," he said.
>
> "I believe there is a waiting list for cat cages and they have ordered, and
> are expecting, another 12 cat traps." City of Greater Bendigo Community
> Services director Barry Secombe said he would investigate the "concerning"
> increase.
>
> "We need to think about that. It is not what we desired to happen," he said.
>
> "I did not think the waiting list would be that big." Mayor Greg Williams
> said he would continue to monitor the curfew.

8/3/2004 8:41:09 PM
The amount a cat can breed is incredible.
Cats only have a gestation period of 28 days, and can pop out a litter of
kittens nearly every 60 days, and sometimes quicker.

0
brains (331)
8/4/2004 12:01:21 AM
I'm in Cincinnati, Ohio. As far as I know, the bats are not protected
but that isn't a major concern. Self defense is a 100 percent guarantee
to an innocent verdict.

The reason for using the wasp and hornet spray was because it would
shoot 10 feet. If I had a cologne that would spray that far, especially
one that made bats smell attractive to other bats but cause it to leave
for a date, I would have used it.

I really don't want to kill it, I would just as soon let it fly away and
go eat some mosquitos. But the windows in the room were it was hanging
around would not open easily, though I made sure one of them will now.

One major problem is that I'm a girlie-m�n when it comes to bats. Too
many stories about rabies, being bitten, etc. Even last night, I was
ready to use a net to keep it up against the wall, take a piece of
cardboard to cover the net once it was captured and then take it outside
and release it. But it disappeared, completely.

Given that I don't have insects flying around the house for it to feast
on, and it has been here two plus days, I'm wondering how hungry it
might be. Plus, I think my wonderful, fantastic, appreciated pet cat
might have maimed it a little last night.

Updates later!

Mike

P.S. As a side note, I noticed you and David have exchanged civil e-mail
messages. That's got to a first in the last five years. That's another
reason to treat Batty nice.

Miss Perspicacia Tick wrote:
> Mike Koewler wrote:
>
>>So sue me!
>>
>>I have a bat in the house. One besides the one used to play baseball
>>or softball. It's tougher than Mike Tyson, it has taken blows from a
>>trustworthy broom and like the Energizer Bunny, keeps on going.
>>
>>Any suggestions?
>>
>>I sprayed it with Wasp and Hornet killer; somehow it must have turned
>>it invisible. I was confined to the bathroom but is not there anymore.
>>
>>Mike
>

> Mike,
>
> Most species are protected by law, so be careful what you do or you could
> end up being prosecuted. Do you know what species it is? I can't remember
> where in US you are. Wasp and hornet stuff isn't recommended for use on
> bats...

0
wordwiz (948)
8/4/2004 1:16:23 AM
Tough choice - injure a poor, helpless creature or have Sarah and David
making nice. NOT FAIR!! I want both!!

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

> I'm in Cincinnati, Ohio. As far as I know, the bats are not protected but
> that isn't a major concern. Self defense is a 100 percent guarantee to an
> innocent verdict.
>
> The reason for using the wasp and hornet spray was because it would shoot
> 10 feet. If I had a cologne that would spray that far, especially one that
> made bats smell attractive to other bats but cause it to leave for a date,
> I would have used it.
>
> I really don't want to kill it, I would just as soon let it fly away and
> go eat some mosquitos. But the windows in the room were it was hanging
> around would not open easily, though I made sure one of them will now.
>
> One major problem is that I'm a girlie-m�n when it comes to bats. Too many
> stories about rabies, being bitten, etc. Even last night, I was ready to
> use a net to keep it up against the wall, take a piece of cardboard to
> cover the net once it was captured and then take it outside and release
> it. But it disappeared, completely.
>
> Given that I don't have insects flying around the house for it to feast
> on, and it has been here two plus days, I'm wondering how hungry it might
> be. Plus, I think my wonderful, fantastic, appreciated pet cat might have
> maimed it a little last night.
>
> Updates later!
>
> Mike
>
> P.S. As a side note, I noticed you and David have exchanged civil e-mail
> messages. That's got to a first in the last five years. That's another
> reason to treat Batty nice.
>
> Miss Perspicacia Tick wrote:
>> Mike Koewler wrote:
>>
>>>So sue me!
>>>
>>>I have a bat in the house. One besides the one used to play baseball
>>>or softball. It's tougher than Mike Tyson, it has taken blows from a
>>>trustworthy broom and like the Energizer Bunny, keeps on going.
>>>
>>>Any suggestions?
>>>
>>>I sprayed it with Wasp and Hornet killer; somehow it must have turned
>>>it invisible. I was confined to the bathroom but is not there anymore.
>>>
>>>Mike
>>

>> Mike,
>>
>> Most species are protected by law, so be careful what you do or you could
>> end up being prosecuted. Do you know what species it is? I can't remember
>> where in US you are. Wasp and hornet stuff isn't recommended for use on
>> bats...

---

jl_amerson (3088)
8/4/2004 1:52:26 AM
JoAnn,

Batty has not shown up tonight and it is past his/her time to make an
appearance. I even prepared for the event - no, I didn't go rent a
tennis racquet - I turned on lights for him to head to the bathroom and
fixed the window so it would open. Maybe I should have fixed him a feast
and put it on the window sill.

Mike

JoAnn Paules wrote:
> Tough choice - injure a poor, helpless creature or have Sarah and David
> making nice. NOT FAIR!! I want both!!

0
wordwiz (948)
8/4/2004 2:15:51 AM
��MS-Publisher�� wrote:
> The amount a cat can breed is incredible.
> Cats only have a gestation period of 28 days, and can pop out a litter of
> kittens nearly every 60 days, and sometimes quicker.

and this OT aside has to do with using up my bandwidth... how?

hehehehehe

<ducking>
Steve in NC
wink wink nudge nudge
0
dtp2webSPAM (302)
8/4/2004 3:13:09 AM
We're hoping the bat has a question about printing with white ink on an HP
DeskJet 932 printer on pink colored paper and the ensuing discussion will
scare the bat back to the great outdoors.

<save some hiding spaces for me>
--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Steve in NC" <dtp2webSPAM@netscape.net> wrote in message
> ��MS-Publisher�� wrote:
>> The amount a cat can breed is incredible.
>> Cats only have a gestation period of 28 days, and can pop out a litter of
>> kittens nearly every 60 days, and sometimes quicker.
>>

> and this OT aside has to do with using up my bandwidth... how?
>
> hehehehehe
>
> <ducking>
> Steve in NC
> wink wink nudge nudge

---

jl_amerson (3088)
8/4/2004 11:59:38 AM
An update.

The bat has not shown up in two nights, regardless of letting lights on
and as far as I know, no way out of the house.

But... my hammer, that tool that was in the bathroom that he was locked
into, seems to have disappeared also. I know, bats cannot hammer or
carry a hammer, but tell me how a bat can disappear, along with a
hammer. There was practically no egress from the room. But the bat and a
hammer are missing.

This is like a deja vu all over again. Years ago, at another house, a
stapler I had been using disappeared. It was a small house that was easy
to search, but the stapler was no where to be found. Then one evening,
we walked into the living room and found it on the coffee table. I won't
even get into an alcove that was hidden behind a cupboard that had
Christmas lights disappear then re-appear a year later - that house was
simply weird.

I'm wondering if this bat will hammer me tonight! Plus, I need the hammer.

Mike Koewler wrote:
> So sue me!
>
> I have a bat in the house. One besides the one used to play baseball or
> softball. It's tougher than Mike Tyson, it has taken blows from a
> trustworthy broom and like the Energizer Bunny, keeps on going.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> I sprayed it with Wasp and Hornet killer; somehow it must have turned it
> invisible. I was confined to the bathroom but is not there anymore.
>
> Mike

0
wordwiz (948)
8/6/2004 3:41:55 AM
Maybe the bat is really Batman and your hammer is now in his utility belt?
;-)

          --
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

> An update.
>
> The bat has not shown up in two nights, regardless of letting lights on
> and as far as I know, no way out of the house.
>
> But... my hammer, that tool that was in the bathroom that he was locked
> into, seems to have disappeared also. I know, bats cannot hammer or carry
> a hammer, but tell me how a bat can disappear, along with a hammer. There
> was practically no egress from the room. But the bat and a hammer are
> missing.
>
> This is like a deja vu all over again. Years ago, at another house, a
> stapler I had been using disappeared. It was a small house that was easy
> to search, but the stapler was no where to be found. Then one evening, we
> walked into the living room and found it on the coffee table. I won't even
> get into an alcove that was hidden behind a cupboard that had Christmas
> lights disappear then re-appear a year later - that house was simply
> weird.
>
> I'm wondering if this bat will hammer me tonight! Plus, I need the hammer.
>
> Mike Koewler wrote:
>> So sue me!
>>
>> I have a bat in the house. One besides the one used to play baseball or
>> softball. It's tougher than Mike Tyson, it has taken blows from a
>> trustworthy broom and like the Energizer Bunny, keeps on going.
>>
>> Any suggestions?
>>
>> I sprayed it with Wasp and Hornet killer; somehow it must have turned it
>> invisible. I was confined to the bathroom but is not there anymore.
>>
>> Mike

---

jl_amerson (3088)

error sending messages in outlook 07, account settings okay #2
Hello, This problem is giving me a huge headache, Recently everything was working well on my Vista OS, outlook 2007. Now I can't send out any messages, only receive. The messages stay in my OUTBOX and I get an error message when sending. Outlook is trying to send them but it can't. Account settings are good. I have 2 different user profiles crated on Vista with different e-mail accounts and outlook stopped sending on both of them. Don't matter which I'm logged in to, mine of my wife's it still doesn't work. I am also dual booting my PC and when I login to my XP ever...

Upgrading to Publisher 2007 #2
I subscribe to Action Pack and am now using Publisher 2003. Recently I received "Office Enterprise 2007 SP1". I've attempted to upgrade, but am asked to remove all of Office 2003, before I upgrade. However, Publisher 07 isn't on this disc, so has Action Pack released and shipped this upgrade for Publisher or is it still in waiting? You need to ask Microsoft that question but Pub 2007 is out there and part of the Enterprise edition. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "rjlump54" <...

word cannot complete the save due to a file permission error
hello I have a PC and I recently started using Microsoft Office 2010 (Beta). Everything was fine until today, when everytime I tried to save a file (in word) it looked as if I had clicked on the Save As button. When I clicked on OK to saving it to te same name (I thought it would replace the old one), this message came out: word cannot complete the save due to a file permission error. I changed the location of the file and then I was able to save it. Some of the files are .doc and others .docx, but i don't know if it has something to do with it. Thank you for your help!! :) ...

Help with a Formula #2
I have a worksheet with two columns of data, (Earnings, and Category). I need help in using the SUMIF function or SUMPRODUCT to calculate the total from column A for a group of specific catergories. (i.e. category 1 or 2 or 3). I need to be able to total the earnings for all records that are in category 1, 2 or 3 and not in catergory 4 or 6. Using the below example, I would expect the result to be $48. Column B Column C Earnings Category $10 1 $11 2 $12 1 $15 3 $9 4 $10 6 Thanks for the help try =sumproduct((...

Can find POP3 server but not SMTP? #2
Hi all I am having a problem connecting to an SMTP server with Outlook 2000 in Windows XP, it says that the SMTP server is not found and gives me a dialogue box to try and reenter it. The POP3 server is the same as the SMTP server (different ports), and it finds the POP3 server no problem and downloads mail, but when it goes to send mails, it tells me that it can't find the server (even though it just found it). Also I have tried pinging the server, and no problem there. I checked the ports - 25 for SMTP, 110 for POP3. I also verified the following settings were correct by comparing wi...

Outlook will not work with XP #2
I purchased an new PC for my wife -- and HP a200N with a 2.4 GHz Celeron and Windows XP home edition. Great machine. I since installed Office 2000 -- and all applications work just fine -- Word, Excel, etc. except OUTLOOK does not -- I use Outlook to synch our Palm Pilots, address books, etc.. I use Outlook Express for email -- which shares the phone book with Outlook and has been great on my ME machine. When I try to start Outlook it starts and gives me the "window" with Outlook 2000 but then I get a "pop-up" which states: "Personal Folder" -- The inform...

Exchange 5.5: 1 site, 2 servers
My continued quest to move to a new server with the Ed Crowley Method. I have added the new server to the existing site. Some mailboxes have been migrated over and those are working fine. The IMS was setup on the new server duplicating the settings of the IMS on the old server. The MX record (out where our DNS is hosted) was updated and the new server given a lower cost than the old server. Both IMS connections are still running. From what I can tell from the event long, the new server is accepting new connections (A new TCPIP connection has been made.....). If I send an email to a pe...

automatic send #2
Using Outlok 2007 on Windows XP. I have used other e-mail programs and now I have a situation that I don't understand. I signed up at a web page for graphics called CrossDaily. Evidently that entered me to receive a free weekly newsletter. When I receive the newsletter I either delete it or briefly review it. As I learned after several weeks this disposition of the newsletter resulted in a reply e-mail being sent from m PC back to CrssDaily. When I noticed the messages in my Outbox I went to the Sent Messae box and looked at one: ----------------------------------------------...

formatting cells #2
I have copied some values from access to excel. The=20 numbers are mixed ( some are with one decimal point and=20 some are integers). I am trying to format all the numbers to no decimals to=20 show. ( format-&#61664; cells&#61664; number &#61664; decimal places to = 0). But Excel is not changing the format. How do I change this=20 format to no decimals. Thank you very much. sheela It kind of sounds like the Numbers are being treated as text. Try this. Select an empty cell. Edit|copy Select your range of offending cells (whole column(s)??) edit|paste special|check Add in the ope...

Event ID 3018 #2
Can someone tell me how to get rid of this event ID which keeps coming up on my Exchange 2003 Ent. pre-SP1 server. We have all Logging turned OFF on this box. Also if I go into ESM - server properties - diagnostics logging - MSExchangeTransport - NDR - is set to NONE as well. I know this is from SPAM/Junk mail but I don't want it to keep showing up. Thanks in advance. ...

BACKUPS #2
When I back up my Money 2006 (internally or to a CD) does that backup info include the Portfolio Manager data as well or does the Portfolio Manager info require a seperate backup? Thanks. In microsoft.public.money, hogbreath wrote: >When I back up my Money 2006 (internally or to a CD) does that backup info >include the Portfolio Manager data as well or does the Portfolio Manager info >require a seperate backup? Thanks. It's included. ========= 2006 suggested backup procedure Money 2006 introduces a useful multiple backup file feature. In M06: Tools->Settings->Bac...

2 or more layers on a Gantt Chart(Excel 2002)
Hi! I have a minor problem getting 2 layers working on a gantt chart(modified stacked bar). The idea is to get certain points on the Gantt Chart showing up as dots,stars,whatever. Generally points of interest. Anyone got an idea how to get it to work. Gantt chart is basically name-time axis based with long periods of time(following of our time charter fleet) In addition, does anyone know how to make links or chooseboxes to react to a certain element of the chart(say 4 different parts of the same bar[different periods of contract etc], without too much hassle? Thank you in advance! ...

grabbing cell reference #2
Frank, Thanks for the tip. After I tried your idea I got a run-time erro 1004 "The formula you typed contains an error" Do you have anymore suggestions? Thanks, Crai -- cparson ----------------------------------------------------------------------- cparsons's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1286 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26168 ...

File Not Saved #2
I am saving a file over a network onto the server. If the file has been created from another machine I can not overwrite the file with my changes. A temporary file is automatically created instead. This only appears to happen from one machine. I can pick the file up and edit it from other machines. Word files are OK. Any suggestions please. This sounds more like a "rights" or "permissions" issue to me than an Excel issue. I would suggest you see your MIS people about it. Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "judith" wrote: > I am saving a file over a netw...

TESTING #2
(SORRY TESTIN (SORRY -------- Message sent from www.excelforums.co The ORIGINAL excel forums, now pushing all posts out to USENET. Don't apologize, learn about the microsoft.public.test.here newsgroup! In article <OYxvgTCjEHA.3876@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl>, balazs@saltspringmedia-dot-com.no-spam.invalid (Balazs) wrote: > (SORRY) > TESTING > (SORRY) Thanks, I didn't realized they eliminated 3 and added a new one actually think this name makes a bit more sense, and removes some of the abiguity about what it is for. news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.t...

Campaign Responses #2
Hi, Using CRM 4 and starting to run campaigns. Have done a test one to make sure we know what we are doing and all works well. I want to and have put an unsubscribe link in the email campaign and then I have clicked that link when the email was recieved to unsubscribe. This then creates an email to the sender as I am sure you are all aware. Anyway to the point the email is recieved by the sender and the the user has to associate it to an account/lead/contact whatever and then change the preffered contact methods/disqualify leads. We dont have the email link installed, everything goes ...

Attachments disappeared #2
I have ONE user who's attachments have disappeared on messages older than 14 weeks. The mail itself is still there, just the attachments are gone. NO limits, no management. ...

Bank Splits Transfers Into 2 Transactions
Hi - When I transfer $1,000 from checking into my Home Equity Account, my bank shows $1,000 leaving my checking account and $117.87 (minimum monthly payment) and $882.13 (principal pay down). This is quite aggravating as when I go to accept the online transactions. If I accept the $117.87 and $882.13, MS Money puts an "E" in the register, but I have to delete the $1,000 coming into the Home Equity Account. Now I go to accept the checking statement, and the online statement keeps downloading the $1,000 because it was deleted (remember, I now have $117.87 + $882.13 leaving my...

Error Message #2
Ever since I bought my Dell laptop, I seem to have a problem with MS Outlook 2002 operating with Windows XP. My computer freezes and then when I try to reboot and open Outlook, there is a long delay and ultimately I get a "Non Reponding" at the top of my screen next to "Microsoft Outlook". I don't know why this happens. I reboot my computer at least a dozen times. Sometimes, I am asked to "Detect and Repair" and it still doesn't go back to normal. Other times, I'm asked to view in "Safe Mode". Has anyone had experience with this prob...

Installing MSCRM 3.0
We are in the process of setting up a test configuration of CRM 3.0, using a backup of our CRM 1.2 data. We are performing a 'clean installation' of CRM 3 on a new Windows 2003 Server machine, running SQL2005 on a separate Windows 2003 Server machine. Our existing CRM 1.2 configuration has the c360 Activity Summary customization installed. Backups taken from existing CRM 1.2 databases, located on machine name CRM: ART_MSCRM.bak ART_METABASE.bak distribution.bak New databases created on new SQL2005 server, machine name CRM-SQL: ART_MSCRM ART_METABASE distribution SQL2005 datab...

Personal Folder Size #2
I have a PST file that says it is 768 MB when you look at the properties of the PST file in Explorer. But when you go to the folder size option when viewing the folder contents in Outlook it says it is 435 MB. I moved then deleted items from the folder to shrink it down from 768MB. Does anyone know why Explorer says the file is still at its origional 768 when outlook sees the file at 435? I need to burn the file to CD and the burner sees the file at 768MB, bot 435. ...

Why does my publication show 2 pages?
When I open a template or start from new my publication goes onto 2 pages. Please advise. Is there actually two pages or are you looking at print preview in Publisher 2007? Some page setups will tile in print preview. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "sssubs" <sssubs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:317000DF-1805-4B64-9870-DDD71D62144E@microsoft.com... > When I open a template or start from new my publication goes onto 2 pages. > Please advise. I only opened 1 page. Why would...

MS Money and 2 PC's...
What is the most effective way to keep MS Money synched between a PC and a laptop? Any suggestions? (and yes, of course, only running one at a time) But I keep my records up to date from work (laptop) and then work from my desktop PC when at home. Any suggestions? "Raichean" <Raichean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:16EF1DE6-1D33-40B7-A168-8B740052030A@microsoft.com... > What is the most effective way to keep MS Money synched between a PC and a > laptop? Any suggestions? (and yes, of course, only running one at a > time) > But I keep my ...

2 C# Class's Questions
Hi, There are 2 Questions on C# Classes :-> Quest 1. What will be result of below program. Class A { A() { B objB = new B(); } } class B { B() { A objA = new A(); } } } ...

Forwarding #2
Hello, Over christmas some of the staff at my company are on holiday and I need to setup email forwarding so that emails go to them and to someone else. Do I do this on the server or in the users outlook? Thanks Dave On the server would be best. "Dave McDougall" <dave.mcdougall@workpace.com> wrote in message news:%23GCfmAh%23FHA.2628@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > Over christmas some of the staff at my company are on holiday and I need to > setup email forwarding so that emails go to them and to someone else. Do I > do this on the server or in the...