Compatible publishing program with Word

I currently edit/write the AUSA newsletter for the local
chapter here at Ft. Gordon, GA.  My problem is in trying
to email the newsletter to the various board members.

I use Publisher 97 but am looking for another program that
will allow Word users to open the email.

Have you thought of using Word?

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"sharondschroeder@comcast.net" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
in message news:02d401c3ac8b$9e6533d0$a101280a@phx.gbl...
> I currently edit/write the AUSA newsletter for the local
> chapter here at Ft. Gordon, GA.  My problem is in trying
> to email the newsletter to the various board members.
>
> I use Publisher 97 but am looking for another program that
> will allow Word users to open the email.

0
sbarnhill (63)
11/16/2003 11:37:10 PM
I'd suggest creating a .pdf file. That will allow everyone to access your
newsletter regardless of their OS or installed software. That's what I do
and, believe me, it's so much easier than battling software issues that you
can't correct.

"sharondschroeder@comcast.net" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
in message news:02d401c3ac8b$9e6533d0$a101280a@phx.gbl...
> I currently edit/write the AUSA newsletter for the local
> chapter here at Ft. Gordon, GA.  My problem is in trying
> to email the newsletter to the various board members.
>
> I use Publisher 97 but am looking for another program that
> will allow Word users to open the email.

0
jl_amerson (3088)

------=_NextPart_000_0066_01C3AD39.8B9E89F0

Buy Serif PagePlus which includes PDF all built in.

--=20
The US should free all those
illegally held prisoners they are
torturing, abusing and denying
human rights being held at
Guantanamo Bay.
------=_NextPart_000_0066_01C3AD39.8B9E89F0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV>Buy <A =
href=3D"http://www.serif.com/pageplus/pageplus9/index.asp">Serif=20
PagePlus</A> which includes PDF all built in.</DIV>
<DIV><BR>-- <BR>The US should free all those<BR>illegally held prisoners =
they=20
are<BR>torturing, abusing and denying<BR>human rights being held=20
at<BR>Guantanamo Bay.</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0066_01C3AD39.8B9E89F0--

0
donotknock (1941)
11/17/2003 7:35:16 AM
Hi sharondschroeder@comcast.net (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com),
in the Microsoft� newsgroups
you posted:

|| I currently edit/write the AUSA newsletter for the local
|| chapter here at Ft. Gordon, GA.  My problem is in trying
|| to email the newsletter to the various board members.
|| I use Publisher 97 but am looking for another program that
|| will allow Word users to open the email.

Try the following link:

http://www.mvps.org/publisher/sharing.html

--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Office Publisher MVP

confers no rights.

0
publisher (1244)

Word, Excel, PP crash on start, Entourage OK
Word, Excel, PP, crash on start, Entourage is OK, Project Gallery will open. Mac OSX 10.3.9, G4 PowerPC, not on a netweok I haven't used word, excel, PP, for a few months, they used to work just fine. No updates to OSX since then. After the crashes I ran auto update and it installed the latest Office update. I did install a few new fonts, but immediately after the crash I deleted them. I have trashed prefs, my Start Up folder is already empty. I have run Font Doctor and deleted corrupt fonts AND have used Font Doctor to disable all fonts -though 2 .dfonts will not disable?? - I have r...

How do I import a pdf file (Image) into Publisher 2002?
We do a neighborhood newsletter. In the past all the ads were provided as jpg files. The last ad we got was a pdf. I tried to do a save as in Adobe to jpg or eps, but of course I lost the quality/clarity of the pdf. Any suggestions? (I'm at work and don't have Publisher here so forgive me if my steps aren't 100% accurate.) I am able to insert a .pdf by using Insert - Object and then I can select Adobe Acrobat document. Another poster tried it and she got a low memory warning. Works quite nice for me but, as always, YMMV. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Publisher "dgfullin"...

how to save word doc on usb flash card?
How do I save a doc in word from my PC desktop using a usb flash card (sony usb 2.0) 128M? what exact steps do I take to transfer this to my mac laptop (have word for mac) , work on the document there, then use the card to save changes on the apple and load them on to my pc desktop (and vice-versa). many thanks for a great forum. I'm not sure if it's advisable to save Word files directly to a USB stick. I think there's still a discussion going on (saving directly to floppy disks can cause some trouble, so don't do it), so for the time being, I'd recommend saving yo...

Word to PDF
I have a large number of Word Docs that I need to share with people who do not have Word. There fore I wish to convert to PDF, however many have a background colour which does not transfer to the PDF document. Can you please suggest how I can achieve this without purchasing Adobe Acrobat? I am using Office 2008 and the documents are in Word 97-2004 format. -- MichaelQ The Backgrounds applied using Format> Background are intended for web page documents only. There's no guarantee the backgrounds will appear as preferred even if printed [or saved as PDFs] using Word 2008. I...

Opening files in Publisher 98
I bought a new computer and installed my old Publisher 98. When I try to open and old file from my other computer I get the message "Publisher cannot open files from a different version." If anybody has any suggestions I would really appreciate the help!!! Captain Rafa Captain Rafa wrote: > I bought a new computer and installed my old Publisher 98. When I > try to open and old file from my other computer I get the message > "Publisher cannot open files from a different version." If anybody > has any suggestions I would really appreciate the help!!! > ...

MicRosoft Publisher Master Pages
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I created 3 master pages in publisher. Is there a way to have those 3 pages repeat? When I add a new page it is only the duplicate of the previous page, not the first one in order. Master Pages are actually in the Running Headers of the Section. So for each Section, you can have three headers: First Page, Left Page, and Right Page; and three footers � first, left, and right. By default, most Publishing Layout View documents have only one Section Break (which you cannot see unless you switch to Draft Vi...

Microsoft Publisher xp 2002
I installed this program 6 months ago. lighting ruined my computer so having to add programs to new one. i've installed publisher but lost my 25 number product code. Can anyone help so i don't have to buy program again. Sincerly butch When the activation dialogue comes up, take note of the phone number, call it and explain to the voice, they will give you a new number. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://dgl.microsoft.com/ http://mvps.org/msauer/ "Butch" <butchgray558@netzero.net> wrote in message news:364e...

Publisher 2003
can i set 'no hyphenation' as a default in Publisher 2003? Tools, options, edit tab, clear "Automatically hyphenate in new text boxes." -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "enjay2003" <enjay2003@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2D33EF92-A06C-4639-ADA1-1489805D8EF8@microsoft.com... > can i set 'no hyphenation' as a default in Publisher 2003? ...

publisher 2003 and access merge
I'm using pub. to create a football program. I want to link/import/merge(?) jpg files into the picture frames. How do I save/link/import/merge jpg files in access/excel/publisher (?) to accomplish this? sierralightfoot wrote: > I'm using pub. to create a football program. I want to link/import/merge(?) > jpg files into the picture frames. How do I save/link/import/merge jpg files > in access/excel/publisher (?) to accomplish this? You need to set up a field in your database containing the path to the picture file you want to use for each record. Then using the wizard in...

Link excel and word in mail merge without losing your data source?
I'm trying to make labels and envelopes but I want Excel as my data source to be linked in the Word mail merge in case of changes to the data source and then it will automatically change in the mail merge. I can do that part but when I ready to share this information with other people within the organization, it states it can't find the data source that I've used. Please help, if would save me a lot of time. Thanks. Is the Excel file on your PC drive or on a network drive? -- Sincerely, Michael Colvin "angie" wrote: > I'm trying to make labels and enve...

Pics won't publish
I created my website in Microsoft Publisher and when i load it to my site host, the pictures DO NOT show!! I've followed all the correct instructions for publishing a site, i've tried several different ways of saving the pics, I've even tried to save each picture to the host site.... NOTHING WORKS! I've searched the help topics and communities, etc etc etc NOTHING HELPED! Does anyone know how to fix this in laymen's terms...step by step directions? SweetTracy wrote: > I created my website in Microsoft Publisher and when i > load it to my site host, the pictur...

How can I open files from Publisher 2003 with Publisher 2000
Hi, I have publisher 2000 I am trying to open files that were created for publisher 2003. Every time I try to open a file I get a message saying "cannot open files with previous version" is there an update or something I could load? Thank You Korbin wrote: > Hi, > I have publisher 2000 I am trying to open files that were created for > publisher 2003. Every time I try to open a file I get a message saying > "cannot open files with previous version" is there an update or > something I could load? > > Thank You ======================== Pub2003 has an...

publisher 97 clip art gallery
I had to restore my computer after a hard drive glitch, now I don't have access to the clip art galery (it is just gray on the insert pull down) and when I draw a picture frame and right click it doesn't give me the insert clip art option, only the picture file option? Did you select install all when you installed Publisher? What version Clip Gallery? Try re-registering the Gallery. Find ARTGALRY.EXE and double-click the file. It is in a folder similar to this: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\ARTGALRY Rename the Artgalry.cag file. To do so: a. Find the Artgalry....

information on microsoft publisher
How do you set up a brochure to be two-sided. At this time I have the form on 4 sheets of 8 1/2 x 11, and I need to put all four of these on a 11 x 17 two sided. Thanks for any information. penny <penny@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > How do you set up a brochure to be two-sided. At this time I have the > form on 4 sheets of 8 1/2 x 11, and I need to put all four of these > on a 11 x 17 two sided. Thanks for any information. (Instructions are Publisher 2003-specific, but can be adapted for older versions) a) You need to set up your publicat...

Publisher won't "save as" nor will it insert picture. Help?
I installed MS Office on a new computer. The Publisher program won't allow me to save as nor will it allow me to insert pictures. When I try to do so, the program stalls and I have to end the task. I tried using my old MS Publisher 2003 disk to reinstall but the problem remains. Any suggestions? How to use Office programs with the Norton AntiVirus Office plug-in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/329820/en-us -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "KSal...

How can I get Visio 5.0 to be compatible with XP?
I keep getting the message that Visio 5.0 in not compatible with XP, is there an update I can download to make it work? Ignore the message. Visio 5 was created before XP, so Visio 5 is a bit confused when XP talks back to it. Everything installs properly and the message can be ignored. John... Visio MVP Need stencils or ideas? http://visio.mvps.org/3rdparty.htm Need VBA examples? http://visio.mvps.org/VBA.htm Common Visio Questions http://visio.mvps.org/common_questions.htm Visio Wishlist http://visio.mvps.org/wish_list.htm "Lazlo52" <Lazlo52@discussions.microsof...

Problem loading program
Hi. I am trying the downloaded version. Sometimes I open the program with the web option, the program hangs after the progress button moves 3 or 4 spots to the right. The only way I can shut it down is using the Task manager to end program. It opens OK if I choose not to use the online services and then, when I want to download, I get the box to open the web option and it works just fine. Any suggestions? ...

Timeout from VB.NET program
I am using VB.NET 2008 and SQL Server 2000. From SQL Enterprise Manager I can do a select and a delete, but inside my VB.NET 2008 program I kept getting a timed out. Like this delete statement: delete from tickdata30min where symbol = 'abc' and sequencenumber = '20100301-0000' Do you know why I can do it from SQL Enterprise Manager but timed out from a program ? Thanks "fniles" <fniles@pfmail.com> wrote in message news:OI0QK8PzKHA.2552@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > I am using VB.NET 2008 and SQL Server 2000. > From SQL Enterprise ...

Resizing Pictures Causes Word to Jump to Beginning of Document
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Hello - after I paste a picture and then change the text layout to &quot;tight&quot; Word typically jumps to the beginning of the document, sometimes taking the picture with it, sometime just putting the cursor up there. Any help on how this might be fixed would be appreciated. Go to Word>Preferences>View and turn on "Object Anchors" so you can see what you are doing. Then click the picture, and an Anchor symbol ⚓ will appear somewhere on the page where you pasted the picture. ...

Publisher 2003
When doing spell check on a document, it skips some major spelling mistakes. My language is set to English (US). If I highlight the paragraph and again set the language to English (US), The misspelled words are underlined in red, but the spell check doesn't catch them. If I save the document and then re-open it (closing Publisher in between), the red underline is gone and the words still don't get caught by Spell check. Any ideas? Thanks. You might do a detect and repair. There isn't much in the Knowledge Base that addresses this issue. Are you sure you have the correct s...

keyboard shortcut MS Publisher 2002?
Is there a keyboard shortcut for next page in MS Publisher 2002? You don't like the little icons in the status bar? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Al Blakey" <Al Blakey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:408D31D4-0598-45F3-A38B-250F7AAC0F63@microsoft.com... > Is there a keyboard shortcut for next page in MS Publisher 2002? I just Googled for you and found: http://officeone.mvps.org/ppsctmgr/sctmgr_link.html and http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP030885451033.aspx -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Al ...

How can i do to search any key word on Exchange 2000 address book
for example full_name,i have a user name 'michael_jackson' that is show on the global address book. i want my outlook 2000 client to use the key word 'chae' or 'ckso' to find out it from my exhcnage 2000 server Global address list Now , i can only use the key word 'michael' or 'jackson' to find it on the result list. but i hope i can use any key word to find it on the full_name. plz any one can help me Another one question. the search funtion of outlook address book what is the default role. i mean the search funtion how it find...

Combining Publisher Files
Using Office 2003 I have a 12 page booklet (fileone.pub) and a separate 10 page booklet (filetwo.pub) which I would like to combine into a new document (filethree.pub). I think I am looking for something similar to Word's Insert File option, but cannot seem to find this in Publisher. Any ideas??? Copy and paste. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "BK" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:%23AJ3bIfzGHA.4044@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Using Office 2003 > > I have a 12 page booklet (fileone.pub) and a separate 10 page booklet > (filetw...

In Word How do I switch off auto date insertion please
How can I disable? ...

This has to be a WORD bug with TextBox VBA and protection
Try this please: 1. Create new doc as a dotm (macro enabled template) 2. From the Developer tab, Insert a ActiveX textbox control 3. Create a TextBox1.change routine, and apply some simple code – just MsgBox TextBox1 will suffice 4. Turn on Protect Document with editing restrictions Filling in Forms 5. Switch off Design Mode and test an entry in the text box Works fine. 6. Now close and save the dotm 7. Double-click the dotm from explorer (opens a document based on the template) 8. Take the Option (in toolbar) to allow active content 9. Try the textbox entry Can’t en...