color loss when saving as PDF

Has anyone figured out how to keep colored text colored when saving as a PDF
from Publisher 2007? My color images are fine, but any colored text is
changed to black when it saves as PDF. Any thoughts or suggestions???

thansk
Sarah
0
Sarah2407 (145)

What program are you using to create your .pdf files?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Sarah" <Sarah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Has anyone figured out how to keep colored text colored when saving as a
> PDF
> from Publisher 2007? My color images are fine, but any colored text is
> changed to black when it saves as PDF. Any thoughts or suggestions???
>
> thansk
> Sarah

0
jl_paules (2768)
2/24/2008 4:54:36 AM
Download the Add-in from Microsoft. Instead of printing to the PDF, *save as* a
PDF. For some reason this seems to work better especially with transparencies
and maybe with colored text.

2007 Microsoft Office Add-in: Microsoft Save as PDF or XPS
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=4D951911-3E7E-4AE6-B059-A2E79ED87041&displaylang=en

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Sarah" <Sarah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Has anyone figured out how to keep colored text colored when saving as a PDF
> from Publisher 2007? My color images are fine, but any colored text is
> changed to black when it saves as PDF. Any thoughts or suggestions???
>
> thansk
> Sarah

0
mary-sauer (6480)
2/24/2008 11:23:08 AM
thank you - good question - I'm using the MS add-in to save as .PDF or .XPS

I did not start the Pulisher document from scratch - I started with a
document that I bought and downloaded - it's the body of a newsletter that I
can add my own company name too...  In Publisher I can make colored text, but
I can't save it to PDF (I've tried all 4 quailty levels of saving the file -
none work - I have not tried saving a file from scratch made in Publisher
2007 to see the results - just tried it - same problem...)

Any suggestions would be very helpful.

Thank you, Sarah

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

> What program are you using to create your .pdf files?
>
> --
>
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
> Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies"
>

> "Sarah" <Sarah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Has anyone figured out how to keep colored text colored when saving as a
> > PDF
> > from Publisher 2007? My color images are fine, but any colored text is
> > changed to black when it saves as PDF. Any thoughts or suggestions???
> >
> > thansk
> > Sarah

0
Sarah2407 (145)
2/24/2008 12:15:02 PM
You are not reporting an error, however this article maybe helpful

Error message when you print to Adobe Distiller in Publisher 2007 and in
Publisher 2003: "You have to send the host fonts"
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/821397/en-us

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

> thank you - good question - I'm using the MS add-in to save as .PDF or .XPS
>
> I did not start the Pulisher document from scratch - I started with a
> document that I bought and downloaded - it's the body of a newsletter that I
> can add my own company name too...  In Publisher I can make colored text, but
> I can't save it to PDF (I've tried all 4 quailty levels of saving the file -
> none work - I have not tried saving a file from scratch made in Publisher
> 2007 to see the results - just tried it - same problem...)
>
> Any suggestions would be very helpful.
>
> Thank you, Sarah
>
> "JoAnn Paules" wrote:
>
>> What program are you using to create your .pdf files?
>>
>> --
>>
>> JoAnn Paules
>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>> Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies"
>>

>> "Sarah" <Sarah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Has anyone figured out how to keep colored text colored when saving as a
>> > PDF
>> > from Publisher 2007? My color images are fine, but any colored text is
>> > changed to black when it saves as PDF. Any thoughts or suggestions???
>> >
>> > thansk
>> > Sarah

0
mary-sauer (6480)
2/24/2008 1:26:14 PM
On Feb 24, 12:54=A0pm, "JoAnn Paules" <jl_pau...@hotnospammail.com>
wrote:
> What program are you using to create your .pdffiles?
>
> --
>
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
> Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies"
>
> "Sarah" <Sa...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> > Has anyone figured out how to keep colored text colored when saving as a=

> >PDF
> > from Publisher 2007? My color images are fine, but any colored text is
> > changed to black when it saves asPDF. Any thoughts or suggestions???
>
> > thansk
> > Sarah- Hide quoted text -

Hi,

Sometimes the pdf I created loses some features like yours. Then I
will try to recover it. I usually try a utility called Advanced PDF
Repair. It works rather well. Its web address is http://www.datanumen.com/ap=
dfr/
Hope this helps.

Alan
0
fyz (26)

Chart Colors
This one's got me stumped. I just officiated a test, and would like to make a chart showing 3 different pieces of information: 1. The person's name shown horizontally <---> 2. The person's score shown vertically | 3. The person's exposure time to the subject, shown by the color of their bar (ex: green = brand new / black = very experienced, with shades in between) I know there is a conditional formatting function that does this for cells, but is there any function that is able to do this for charts, or do I simply have to go through and hand-pick the colo...

Can I change the font color of text inside an IF statement?
Here is the equation I'm using in Excel 2003. =IF(AND(G3="NO",B1-E3<2),B1-E3,IF(AND(G3="YES",B1-E3<=96),B1-E3,"Error")) I would like the text color to change red if: IF NO is selected and B1-E3 >2 I would like the text to turn red. IF YES is selected and B1-E3 >4 I would like the text to turn red. If I can do this in conditional formatting, that’s fine, I'm just not familiar enough with excel to do this. Thanks for the assistance! Craig Hi a formula can't change a format. But have a look at 'Format - Conditional Format' fo...

Retrieve an External File, pdf, txt, jpeg... etc
I have a generic folder (c:/database/folder/)with a many different files that need to be referenced on a regular basis. The worst part is finding the file that is needed. What I am trying to do is to have the user add on a form the name of the file with the extension (such as .pdf, .doc, .txt, .jpg) where such information is stored. So lets say as an example that we want to retrieve the file name adobe.pdf. Using a form, how can I have a pull the exact file? Again, all files are stored in the same folder and path. Thanks in advanced!! Use the 'standard Windows Fil...

Drawing shapes and saving them
Hello, I'm looking for a way to draw or drop basic resizable shapes on a form that could be retrieved once the form is closed and loaded again Thanks Avi > I'm looking for a way to draw or drop basic resizable shapes > on a form that could be retrieved once the form is closed > and loaded again Take a look at our MetaDraw component. http://www.btis.com/btProducts/MetaDraw/MetaDraw.htm MetaDraw will allow your users to draw shapes, move the shapes, and resize the shapes. You can also save and reload the layout and continue ...

Even better savings!
I've found a brilliant method of getting the best price and getting the best cashback - and it's foolproof. You first of all have to register with www.rpoints.com/register (it's my fave site and they give you �5 just for joining if you are a new member). Look around all the rpoints partners and you can buy anything and get the best price and rpoints will give you cashback. But THAT'S NOT ALL!! If you pay with Barclaycard (for your good when you are on rpoints) then Barclaycard will give you the money back if you can find the item cheaper anywhere instore or on the net and ...

xlstart file is not the same I saved
I saved a file (large with several macros) in xlstart. When excel starts, a file with the same name opens, but only with 3 empty worksheets and no macros. When I open the file by hand from xlstart the original, large, file opens. Why doesn't the file open in xlstart? What can I do? You may have more than one XLSTART folder(most do). The one that works for me is C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART You may have placed the file into C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\XLStart which is not the regular default folder. Gord Dibben Excel M...

Nitro PDF maker
We are installing Microsoft Great Plains 8.0, and it is possible to email directly out of Great Plains with Acrobat- this is from the Great Plains "Help" file: "If you have the PDFWriter printer driver installed (included with Acrobat 5 and earlier), or Acrobat Distiller from Acrobat 6 or later, you can also mail the report as a PDF (Portable Document Format) attachment." I have Nitro PDF maker, and prefer it, but Great Plains doesn't seem to recognize Nitro as a PDF creator. Anybody had any experience and is there a way to get Great Plains to recognize Nitro? ...

System Restore and registry saving
Hello After some bad computer troubles lately I was advised to daily use the tool called "System restore" So I made sure to set a new point of System restore each evening before I shut the machine for the day, and I could see those points highlighted on the system restore page. BUT, when I tried today to restore the machine to a selected point, after much screen flashes and other acrobatics it comes back and tell me that the system can NOT restore the machine to the selected point. So much for this lovely tool. Then I was told that "Registry save" a...

why can't I reopen a document saved in publisher
I am trying to do flyers thru publishers, save the documents for further use but I cannot re-open the document. Can someone help? What happens when you try? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Dsmale5" <Dsmale5@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8B70BF36-747C-45C7-B89F-15F58B338E06@microsoft.com... >I am trying to do flyers thru publishers, save the documents for further >use > but I cannot re-open the document. Can someone help? How to troubleshoot a damaged publication in Publisher http://support.microsoft.com/kb/198256/en-us -- ...

Corrupt color scheme registry key
Publisher 2000 ~ When I create a new publication using the wizard, I always get a "color scheme registry key is either missing or corrupt..." error, and am instructed to rerun Setup to reinstall the color scheme registry. Running setup and reinstalling the entire program or allowing the program to detect/repair does not solve the problem. Moving forward with the wizard, I am given the Bluebird scheme or Custom (monochrome) as my only choices. How can I resolve this problem and get the Publisher-provided color schemes back? Have you tried a registry cleaner? You may also fi...

Default font color
How can I set the default font color to anything but black? You can go to Format, Style, be sure the Style name is at Normal, hit modify over on the right, change the color. You'll have to do this to each workbook. I have not been able to figure out how to make it permanent. "ajb" <ajbehr@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:ugpNPqvdDHA.2112@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > How can I set the default font color to anything but black? > > You can create a new default template, with your preferred font colour: 1. Open a new workbook. 2. Choose Format>Style 3. Fr...

Editing pdf invoices
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I'd appreciate any advice for this problem. I have Adobe Pro 9, however, I have very rudimentary knowledge of how to operate it. My problem is this: My bookkeeper, who handles all of the invoicing for my business, has started to charge me for every "friendly reminder" or "Third Notice, Please Remit" that I have to send to clients. Basically, she just, somehow, adds a red square at the top right corner of the invoices, stating Reminder, or Please Remit, and the dates of the current and previous invoices. Because...

how do automatically change entire row color when cell changes
Hi, is it possible to change the color of the row cell1 is in when cell1 changes to a specified text? See Help under Conditional Formatting -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in email address "IOE" <IOE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:91738C3F-3BEB-4EAE-8551-99E60D8E8A21@microsoft.com... > Hi, > is it possible to change the color of the row cell1 is in when cell1 > changes > to a specified text? Hi - select the row (e.g. row 1) - goto 'Format - Conditional Format' - enter the following formula =$A1="T...

Text Manipulation from PDF
Hi Really weird problem I have with a report generated by a application at work. I run off a monthly report of products completed by employees. It shows the following info in a pdf report User ID No of Products Date Sub Date Last Sub Last Date Sub Smith_0001 5 01/01/2006 10/01/2006 10/01/2006 Brown_0002 8 02/01/2006 11/01/2006 11/01/2006 Etc but it lists about 300 staff when I copy it and paste it int...

A save operation on table "PM_Transaction_Work" casused a sharing
Hi, When my user post a PM batch using VPN, the connection is broken and the batch posting is interrupted. The status is "Table Updates Interrupted". When I try to recover the batch through Batch Rocovery, it did not allow to. saying that" Batch NOV INVOICES" failed to complete posting. Use Batch Recovery window to complete the posting process. " (I am at the batch recovery window already!!!!) When I click "more" then I see the following: "A save operation on table 'PM_Transaction_WORK' caused a sharing error." Further invest...

Column A to change font color if column B is not empty
Hi, I'd like to have column A of a sheet to automatically turn to red font when a cell in column B is entered,ie, the Cell A3 will change from red to black when B3 is entered and B3 is a date. Can it be done? Thanks & Regards, Val Hi try: - select cells A3:A10 - goto 'Format - Conditional format' - enter the formula =$B3<>"" - choose a format -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany dolphinv4 wrote: > Hi, > > I'd like to have column A of a sheet to automatically > turn to red font when a cell in column B is entered,ie, > the Cell ...

trying to save a publisher doc to cd,message no disc in drive
I am trying to save a publisher doc (brochure) to a CD, each time I get a message that there is no disc in the drive, D or E, when each time there has been. What am I doing wrong. I have tried saving other things, in other programs without a problem. MsJLee <MsJLee@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I am trying to save a publisher doc (brochure) to a CD, each time I > get a message that there is no disc in the drive, D or E, when each > time there has been. What am I doing wrong. I have tried saving > other things, in other programs with...

My code stops after the record saves....form never closes
Users are going into to update a number, and they want to close the form before the record gets saved, thus losing their changes. I created an Exit button, which should save the record change and close the form. Here's the code: If Me.Dirty Then RunCommand acCmdSaveRecord End If Forms![frmRMSHours]![Act Hours] = Me![Text9] DoCmd.Close If the record is dirty, they press Exit and the record saves. They have to press Exit again and the form closes. If the record is not dirty, the form will close when pressing Exit. What am I doing wrong? To save ...

EXCEL cells colors
I know the différents ways to change cells colors but I can't see selected colors of cells on the LCD screen with my new excel 2003 (bought in november). Does this help:- MS Article found at http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-ca;Q320531 OFF: Changes to Fill Color and Fill Pattern Are Not Displayed The information in this article applies to: Microsoft Excel 2000 Microsoft Excel 2002 Microsoft PowerPoint 2002 Microsoft Publisher 2002 Microsoft Word 2002 Microsoft PowerPoint 2000 Microsoft Publisher 2000 Microsoft Word 2000 This article was previously published u...

different colors for x-Value axis
I want to use different colors for X-Values in X-axis of a chart. Is it possible? Example I-1, I-2 black II-1, II-2, II-3 grey III-1, III-2 red IV pink V-1, V-2, V-3 green -- Rasoul Khoshravan Azar Civil Engineer, Osaka, Japan The best solution is that, Excel brings the formatting of x-axis value from source cell. -- Rasoul Khoshravan Azar Civil Engineer, Osaka, Japan "Khoshravan" wrote: > I want to use different colors for X-Values in X-axis of a chart. Is it > possible? > Example > I-1, I-2 black > II-1, II-2, II-3 grey > III-1, III-2 red > IV pink >...

How do I remove the pop up message when saving a CSV
I use alot of CSV files and when I save them I get the message "may contain features that are not compatible with csv". Is there a way to turn this off and just save it? Hi If you do the saving with VBA you could add the line application.displayalerts=false -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Eric wrote: > I use alot of CSV files and when I save them I get the > message "may contain features that are not compatible > with csv". Is there a way to turn this off and just save > it? I'm just opening them and changing a piece of data and closing t...

Change fill color of cell
Hello, Excel 2k on Vista 64 bit. I have a range of cells (b2:bn2) in a row that are answers to a quiz. In the same cells below are the answers with a different quiz participant in each row. I would like to change the background of the cells that do not match the answers in b2:bn2. I have used conditional formatting and accomplished this task, however, I would also like to total the wrong answers in column "bo" for every row. I have found a bit of programming on line but it doesn't work with conditional formatting. It does work when I format the cells by hand. Any ...

formula only works when file is saved.
For some strange reason my formulas do not work until I save the sheet.I am using 2007 with a file that was in 2003. Never had a problem before. It is in compatibility mode. when I enter the data nothing happens in the cell where the result is suppose to go. If I close and save the result shows up. If I open the file back up and take out the data I put in the result is still there, where it should be a zero. Something is screwed up. Multiple people have access to this file. Sorry about the post . I found the problem. Somebody changed calculations to manual "bob" <...

how to retrieve information that was saved on a floppy disk?
i saved information on a floppy disk 1.44 mb that was already formatted and had information on it previosly. when i tried to open the floppy disk the computer was telling to formatt my disk.where did all my information go? can i get it back? I presume you have tried taking the floppy out and re-inserting it and trying again? Pete ...

word document erased and saved
Have a user (office 2007, vista business) who is working on a document. Something happens and document is cleared and saved as blank document. Is there any scenario (apart from operator error) explaining this? I take it you have checked that the text hasn't been inadvertently formatted as hidden or in white color? -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "dcovington" <dcovington@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2AE949F5-0928-4AF8-AB1C-12968D34B14B@microsoft.com... > Have a user (office 2007, vista business) who is working on a document....