Color-filled boxes, borders aren't visiable on screen only in prev

We have Microsoft Office Small Business Edition 2003 on the computers at
work. A coworker and I collaborate on a newsletter via our shared documents
folder on the server. For no obvious reason, when she was working on the
newsletter in Publisher today, none of the color fills, transparencies or
text box borders would show up on the screen. The Format text box tabs show
what she did and the changes are visiable in the print preview window, but
not on screen when actually working in the document. The same document works
fine and shows everything when I pull it up on my computer.

I made sure her computer was updated, checked all the tools/options and view
settings -- everything. I created a new publisher document on her computer
and had the same issue. I created a new Word document on her computer and not
only did color fills, boarders, etc. not show up on the screen, they don't
show up in print preview now either!

I got so frustrated that we erased the whole office suite from her computer
and installed a brand new, never been opened Microsoft Office Small Business
Edition 2003 suite. Same exact problems persist.

HELP!!
0
MAINE (4)

Are you sure View, Pictures, Detailed Display is checked.

Read the fourth FAQ here, it very well could be a solution to your problem.
http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs

--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"Accidental Techie in Maine" <Accidental Techie in
Maine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We have Microsoft Office Small Business Edition 2003 on the computers at
> work. A coworker and I collaborate on a newsletter via our shared documents
> folder on the server. For no obvious reason, when she was working on the
> newsletter in Publisher today, none of the color fills, transparencies or
> text box borders would show up on the screen. The Format text box tabs show
> what she did and the changes are visiable in the print preview window, but
> not on screen when actually working in the document. The same document works
> fine and shows everything when I pull it up on my computer.
>
> I made sure her computer was updated, checked all the tools/options and view
> settings -- everything. I created a new publisher document on her computer
> and had the same issue. I created a new Word document on her computer and not
> only did color fills, boarders, etc. not show up on the screen, they don't
> show up in print preview now either!
>
> I got so frustrated that we erased the whole office suite from her computer
> and installed a brand new, never been opened Microsoft Office Small Business
> Edition 2003 suite. Same exact problems persist.
>
> HELP!!

0
mary.sauer (2018)
4/16/2009 8:52:37 PM
Hi Mary,

Thank you so much for the response. Unfortunately, this didn't fix the
problem. The "Detailed Display" was checked already. So I went to the FAQ
link you sent. dragging the Hardware Acceleration slider down three notches
didn't change anything.

I identified the graphics controller as an Intel 82845G (6.14.10.3889) but
can't seem to locate whether or nat that needs/can be upgraded. Could that be
the problem?

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Are you sure View, Pictures, Detailed Display is checked.
>
> Read the fourth FAQ here, it very well could be a solution to your problem.
> http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs
>
> --
> Mary Sauer
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Accidental Techie in Maine" <Accidental Techie in
> Maine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > We have Microsoft Office Small Business Edition 2003 on the computers at
> > work. A coworker and I collaborate on a newsletter via our shared documents
> > folder on the server. For no obvious reason, when she was working on the
> > newsletter in Publisher today, none of the color fills, transparencies or
> > text box borders would show up on the screen. The Format text box tabs show
> > what she did and the changes are visiable in the print preview window, but
> > not on screen when actually working in the document. The same document works
> > fine and shows everything when I pull it up on my computer.
> >
> > I made sure her computer was updated, checked all the tools/options and view
> > settings -- everything. I created a new publisher document on her computer
> > and had the same issue. I created a new Word document on her computer and not
> > only did color fills, boarders, etc. not show up on the screen, they don't
> > show up in print preview now either!
> >
> > I got so frustrated that we erased the whole office suite from her computer
> > and installed a brand new, never been opened Microsoft Office Small Business
> > Edition 2003 suite. Same exact problems persist.
> >
> > HELP!!

If you go to the Intel web site they will do a check to see if you have the
latest update. If you don't want the automatic check there is a download. It is
worth the look.

http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/intel845g/

--

wrote in message news:7F1F3094-7DF3-4F52-A2D9-3A568948C494@microsoft.com...
> Hi Mary,
>
> Thank you so much for the response. Unfortunately, this didn't fix the
> problem. The "Detailed Display" was checked already. So I went to the FAQ
> link you sent. dragging the Hardware Acceleration slider down three notches
> didn't change anything.
>
> I identified the graphics controller as an Intel 82845G (6.14.10.3889) but
> can't seem to locate whether or nat that needs/can be upgraded. Could that be
> the problem?
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> Are you sure View, Pictures, Detailed Display is checked.
>>
>> Read the fourth FAQ here, it very well could be a solution to your problem.
>> http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "Accidental Techie in Maine" <Accidental Techie in
>> Maine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > We have Microsoft Office Small Business Edition 2003 on the computers at
>> > work. A coworker and I collaborate on a newsletter via our shared documents
>> > folder on the server. For no obvious reason, when she was working on the
>> > newsletter in Publisher today, none of the color fills, transparencies or
>> > text box borders would show up on the screen. The Format text box tabs show
>> > what she did and the changes are visiable in the print preview window, but
>> > not on screen when actually working in the document. The same document
>> > works
>> > fine and shows everything when I pull it up on my computer.
>> >
>> > I made sure her computer was updated, checked all the tools/options and
>> > view
>> > settings -- everything. I created a new publisher document on her computer
>> > and had the same issue. I created a new Word document on her computer and
>> > not
>> > only did color fills, boarders, etc. not show up on the screen, they don't
>> > show up in print preview now either!
>> >
>> > I got so frustrated that we erased the whole office suite from her computer
>> > and installed a brand new, never been opened Microsoft Office Small
>> > Business
>> > Edition 2003 suite. Same exact problems persist.
>> >
>> > HELP!!

0
mary.sauer (2018)
4/16/2009 10:47:02 PM
I've got the latest update for the Graphics Controller, and double-checked to
make sure I have all the latest Microsoft updates, too.

Still having the problem of not being able to see fills and borders on text
boxes in Word or Publisher. Again, both print with the colors in place and
Publisher displays colors in print view (not Word, though).

Clip art, photos, fonts and eveything else displays in full color -- just
not text boxes and borders.

Any more ideas?
"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> If you go to the Intel web site they will do a check to see if you have the
> latest update. If you don't want the automatic check there is a download. It is
> worth the look.
>
> http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/intel845g/
>
> --
> Mary Sauer
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Accidental Techie in Maine" <AccidentalTechieinMaine@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote in message news:7F1F3094-7DF3-4F52-A2D9-3A568948C494@microsoft.com...
> > Hi Mary,
> >
> > Thank you so much for the response. Unfortunately, this didn't fix the
> > problem. The "Detailed Display" was checked already. So I went to the FAQ
> > link you sent. dragging the Hardware Acceleration slider down three notches
> > didn't change anything.
> >
> > I identified the graphics controller as an Intel 82845G (6.14.10.3889) but
> > can't seem to locate whether or nat that needs/can be upgraded. Could that be
> > the problem?
> >
> > "Mary Sauer" wrote:
> >
> >> Are you sure View, Pictures, Detailed Display is checked.
> >>
> >> Read the fourth FAQ here, it very well could be a solution to your problem.
> >> http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs
> >>
> >> --
> >> Mary Sauer
> >> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >>
> >> "Accidental Techie in Maine" <Accidental Techie in
> >> Maine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

What printer model are you using? Is the driver current? If you choose a
different printer do the fills show?

--

wrote in message news:46BC2F5F-30EB-487A-A7C3-7DBF06FF3020@microsoft.com...
> I've got the latest update for the Graphics Controller, and double-checked to
> make sure I have all the latest Microsoft updates, too.
>
> Still having the problem of not being able to see fills and borders on text
> boxes in Word or Publisher. Again, both print with the colors in place and
> Publisher displays colors in print view (not Word, though).
>
> Clip art, photos, fonts and eveything else displays in full color -- just
> not text boxes and borders.
>
> Any more ideas?
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> If you go to the Intel web site they will do a check to see if you have the
>> latest update. If you don't want the automatic check there is a download. It
>> is
>> worth the look.
>>
>> http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/intel845g/
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "Accidental Techie in Maine"
>> <AccidentalTechieinMaine@discussions.microsoft.com>
>> wrote in message news:7F1F3094-7DF3-4F52-A2D9-3A568948C494@microsoft.com...
>> > Hi Mary,
>> >
>> > Thank you so much for the response. Unfortunately, this didn't fix the
>> > problem. The "Detailed Display" was checked already. So I went to the FAQ
>> > link you sent. dragging the Hardware Acceleration slider down three notches
>> > didn't change anything.
>> >
>> > I identified the graphics controller as an Intel 82845G (6.14.10.3889) but
>> > can't seem to locate whether or nat that needs/can be upgraded. Could that
>> > be
>> > the problem?

0
mary.sauer (2018)
4/17/2009 4:57:59 PM
Newer printer, completely current drivers (checked for updates). Changing
printers doesn't fix problem either.

Out of continued sheer frustration, I uninstalled Microsoft Office again
this morning, deleted everything connected to it in the Registry and
reinstalled Office. Problem persists!!!

It's like the drawing tool bar has a glitch in Publisher, Word ...and yes,
Excel, too!

The only thing left I can think of is that this computer is running Windows
Home Edition and all the others have Windows XP. Could that cause an
unexpected sudden glitch like this?

Is my last resort to wipe the harddrive clean and start all over again?

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> What printer model are you using? Is the driver current? If you choose a
> different printer do the fills show?
>
> --
> Mary Sauer
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Accidental Techie in Maine" <AccidentalTechieinMaine@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote in message news:46BC2F5F-30EB-487A-A7C3-7DBF06FF3020@microsoft.com...
> > I've got the latest update for the Graphics Controller, and double-checked to
> > make sure I have all the latest Microsoft updates, too.
> >
> > Still having the problem of not being able to see fills and borders on text
> > boxes in Word or Publisher. Again, both print with the colors in place and
> > Publisher displays colors in print view (not Word, though).
> >
> > Clip art, photos, fonts and eveything else displays in full color -- just
> > not text boxes and borders.
> >
> > Any more ideas?
> > "Mary Sauer" wrote:
> >
> >> If you go to the Intel web site they will do a check to see if you have the
> >> latest update. If you don't want the automatic check there is a download. It
> >> is
> >> worth the look.
> >>
> >> http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/intel845g/
> >>
> >> --
> >> Mary Sauer
> >> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >>
> >> "Accidental Techie in Maine"
> >> <AccidentalTechieinMaine@discussions.microsoft.com>

Look in the Control Panel, Accessibility.
On the Display tab, click to clear the Use High Contrast check box.

--

wrote in message news:B7E47A8F-89FD-4FC1-BA67-6E03B4065BF6@microsoft.com...
> Newer printer, completely current drivers (checked for updates). Changing
> printers doesn't fix problem either.
>
> Out of continued sheer frustration, I uninstalled Microsoft Office again
> this morning, deleted everything connected to it in the Registry and
> reinstalled Office. Problem persists!!!
>
> It's like the drawing tool bar has a glitch in Publisher, Word ...and yes,
> Excel, too!
>
> The only thing left I can think of is that this computer is running Windows
> Home Edition and all the others have Windows XP. Could that cause an
> unexpected sudden glitch like this?
>
> Is my last resort to wipe the harddrive clean and start all over again?
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> What printer model are you using? Is the driver current? If you choose a
>> different printer do the fills show?
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "Accidental Techie in Maine"
>> <AccidentalTechieinMaine@discussions.microsoft.com>
>> wrote in message news:46BC2F5F-30EB-487A-A7C3-7DBF06FF3020@microsoft.com...
>> > I've got the latest update for the Graphics Controller, and double-checked
>> > make sure I have all the latest Microsoft updates, too.
>> >
>> > Still having the problem of not being able to see fills and borders on text
>> > boxes in Word or Publisher. Again, both print with the colors in place and
>> > Publisher displays colors in print view (not Word, though).
>> >
>> > Clip art, photos, fonts and eveything else displays in full color -- just
>> > not text boxes and borders.
>> >
>> > Any more ideas?

0
mary.sauer (2018)
4/17/2009 9:59:28 PM
HOORAY!!!

Thank you so much, Mary! That was the problem. My coworker swore she "didn't
touch anything; it just stopped working." As soon as I read your last post I
went into the office over the weekend because it all made sense -- I
remembered seeing a different wallpaper on her screen. She didn't change
anything in Microsoft Office; she changed the controls on her display! After
four days and countless hours of frustrated brain time, it was all resolved
with a simple click of one box. Amazing!

Thank you soooooo much for your assistance!

Deanna

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Look in the Control Panel, Accessibility.
> On the Display tab, click to clear the Use High Contrast check box.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Accidental Techie in Maine" <AccidentalTechieinMaine@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote in message news:B7E47A8F-89FD-4FC1-BA67-6E03B4065BF6@microsoft.com...
> > Newer printer, completely current drivers (checked for updates). Changing
> > printers doesn't fix problem either.
> >
> > Out of continued sheer frustration, I uninstalled Microsoft Office again
> > this morning, deleted everything connected to it in the Registry and
> > reinstalled Office. Problem persists!!!
> >
> > It's like the drawing tool bar has a glitch in Publisher, Word ...and yes,
> > Excel, too!
> >
> > The only thing left I can think of is that this computer is running Windows
> > Home Edition and all the others have Windows XP. Could that cause an
> > unexpected sudden glitch like this?
> >
> > Is my last resort to wipe the harddrive clean and start all over again?
> >
> > "Mary Sauer" wrote:
> >
> >> What printer model are you using? Is the driver current? If you choose a
> >> different printer do the fills show?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Mary Sauer
> >> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >>
> >> "Accidental Techie in Maine"
> >> <AccidentalTechieinMaine@discussions.microsoft.com>

Hey, glad to help. I only wish I had given you the solution earlier... I really
appreciate your update.

--

wrote in message news:9D690920-C12B-4873-97E8-CB0253E5CA1C@microsoft.com...
> HOORAY!!!
>
> Thank you so much, Mary! That was the problem. My coworker swore she "didn't
> touch anything; it just stopped working." As soon as I read your last post I
> went into the office over the weekend because it all made sense -- I
> remembered seeing a different wallpaper on her screen. She didn't change
> anything in Microsoft Office; she changed the controls on her display! After
> four days and countless hours of frustrated brain time, it was all resolved
> with a simple click of one box. Amazing!
>
> Thank you soooooo much for your assistance!
>
> Deanna
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> Look in the Control Panel, Accessibility.
>> On the Display tab, click to clear the Use High Contrast check box.
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "Accidental Techie in Maine"
>> <AccidentalTechieinMaine@discussions.microsoft.com>
>> wrote in message news:B7E47A8F-89FD-4FC1-BA67-6E03B4065BF6@microsoft.com...
>> > Newer printer, completely current drivers (checked for updates). Changing
>> > printers doesn't fix problem either.
>> >
>> > Out of continued sheer frustration, I uninstalled Microsoft Office again
>> > this morning, deleted everything connected to it in the Registry and
>> > reinstalled Office. Problem persists!!!
>> >
>> > It's like the drawing tool bar has a glitch in Publisher, Word ...and yes,
>> > Excel, too!
>> >
>> > The only thing left I can think of is that this computer is running Windows
>> > Home Edition and all the others have Windows XP. Could that cause an
>> > unexpected sudden glitch like this?
>> >
>> > Is my last resort to wipe the harddrive clean and start all over again?

0
mary.sauer (2018)

Blocking external emails to Group email boxes
How do I stop external senders from reaching the email boxes that might include all domain users? Someone might find the name of one of those groups email address and send to all users. Not good!! what version of Exchange? in Exchange 2003 you can restrict delivery to "authenticated users"; on 5.5, you can restrict delivery on the Delivery Restrictions tab, maybe to whatever list contains all your own users... "RickS" <RickS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C593ED15-0461-4F4B-81F5-D8C8157B6AC0@microsoft.com... > How do I stop external senders f...

Text Box Justify
How do I justify text across a text box? Typing indirectly seems the only way to create justified text. Any editing or pasting renders full width justiying inoperable. Any ideas out there? Thanks!! -- StevieB. StevieB. <redhousecottage@britt.uk.net.> was very recently heard to utter: > How do I justify text across a text box? > Typing indirectly seems the only way to create justified text. > Any editing or pasting renders full width justiying inoperable. Pasting will use the format of the source text unless you tell it otherwise. You'll need to paste as plain text or rea...

Text Box in Publisher
I am trying to create a text box in publisher with the measurement of 5.75 (h) x 5 (w). But publisher is making the height 5.751. How do I correct this? Is this even possible. Don't think it is possible... The .001 is so tiny it shouldn't make much difference. I can get a true 5.75 in Publisher 2000 but as soon as I copy/paste it goes back to 5.751 in 2002, 2003 and 07. Lines do the same. I can create a rectangle in a draw program, paste special into Publisher, ungroup, this rectangle will maintain the correct size. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Nikki" &l...

Combo Box #13
Hello: I have created a combo box that references a list in the spreadsheet and I can select an item in the list and a number is put in the "cell link" I thought this box had the capability of typing in text and somehow that text would be associated with a cell link I have read and searched but now need some direction as to how the typed text is handled in this type of box. Thank you in advance for any help If you used a combobox from the control toolbox toolbar, then you can show that toolbar. Then click on the "Design mode" icon rightclick on your combobox Lo...

SUM numbers of a certain font color
I am making a sheet of customers that have contracts to build objects. In column A, there is a list of prices that are paid and not paid. The paid items are formated in red font color. Column B is the amount we have paid them. Is there a way to formate colum B so that when i change a number to red in column A, it will automatically update with the new SUM in colmn B? Hopefully not too confusing. Give this a try. Where there is a named range you want to count the red fonts is named DataY Sub SumColorCountRed() Dim Red3 As Integer Dim Cell As Range For Each Cell In Ran...

How do I insert a check box?
I'm trying to insert a new check box into a cell in the worksheet. Can this be done? I'm not very good at this. Please email me at: wsegni@zionsbank.com if you can help me because the old email address is not working correctly. Thanks! Wes Draw a textbox first and change its font to 'Marlett". Then the small letter 'a' will give you a tick meark in that box. Hope it will satisfy your need. ...

IE8
In IE8, if you view a SQL 2005 SP3 report server report through a Page Viewer web part in SharePoint WSS 3.0, the rendered tables have the right hand borders missing. It only occurs when there is a left/right border-collapse in the table, which suggests a problem with the table width. If you zoom, export or print the report, the borders show. Testing on IE7 reveals borders showing OK for same markup (I compared them). Is this an IE8 bug? No, <joke>its the loose keyboard nut</joke> Press the Compatibility button in IE8 to switch to the IE7 rendering mode. (...

Issue Refreshing/Requery Subform/combo box
Hi: I need to be able to refresh or requery (not sure which method is appropriate) a subform and combo box in the After Update event or via a command button. I've used the below syntax but the combo box (in this case) does not get updated. Forms![MainForm]![sfrm_ResourceAllocation].Form![EmployeeID].Requery Thanks, Manuel Manuel wrote: >I need to be able to refresh or requery (not sure which method is >appropriate) a subform and combo box in the After Update event or via a >command button. I've used the below syntax but the combo box (in this case)...

how do automatically change entire row color when cell changes
Hi, is it possible to change the color of the row cell1 is in when cell1 changes to a specified text? See Help under Conditional Formatting -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in email address "IOE" <IOE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:91738C3F-3BEB-4EAE-8551-99E60D8E8A21@microsoft.com... > Hi, > is it possible to change the color of the row cell1 is in when cell1 > changes > to a specified text? Hi - select the row (e.g. row 1) - goto 'Format - Conditional Format' - enter the following formula =$A1="T...

what is a combo box?
I am using the education template and I am trying to find out what a combo box is. I need a field on a table that can be added to. I have a student that takes course A and then a month later takes course B. How can I create a field on the students detail sheet that can add to it over and over again. -- Enjoy every day! A combo box allows the user to select from a list of choices. It may or may not limit selections to items already on the list. The list may be derived from a table/query, or you can use a Value List for a few choices that are unlikely to change (e.g."...

Create border and merge cell in Excel file
Dear all, I want to create border and merge cell in Excel file, how to write the code in Access ? Please complete my below code. Thanks. Dim objXL As Object Dim objActiveWkb As Object Set objXL = GetObject(, "Excel.Application") Set objActiveWkb = objXL.Application.activeworkbook With objActiveWkb .Worksheets(1).cells(1, 1) = "Hello World" 'want to make border in cell (1,1) 'want to merge cell from A1:F1 End With Set objActiveWkb = Nothing: Set objXL = Nothing Chlaris wrote: > Dear all, > > I want to...

Column A to change font color if column B is not empty
Hi, I'd like to have column A of a sheet to automatically turn to red font when a cell in column B is entered,ie, the Cell A3 will change from red to black when B3 is entered and B3 is a date. Can it be done? Thanks & Regards, Val Hi try: - select cells A3:A10 - goto 'Format - Conditional format' - enter the formula =$B3<>"" - choose a format -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany dolphinv4 wrote: > Hi, > > I'd like to have column A of a sheet to automatically > turn to red font when a cell in column B is entered,ie, > the Cell ...

Populate List Box
Need some ideas. I have a list box from which our clients will be able to select which form they want to preview or print. However, each client should only have selections available that apply specifically to their company. For example: Company A will require forms 1, 2, 3, 6 and 7 Company B will require forms 1, 6 and 7 Company C will require forms 4, 5 and 6 I have some code right now to handle a simple two form variation: If Forms("Main").Controls("Form1Req") = "Yes" and Forms("Main").Controls ("Form2Req") = "No" Then Me.L...

Outlook removes in box items upon reply
When I reply to an item (all items) they are removed from my inbox and disapper -- not in deleted items -- I cannot find them. What is up with that and how do I fix it ? "Jeff J" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:d84701c3ef3a$b3646a70$a501280a@phx.gbl... > When I reply to an item (all items) they are removed from > my inbox and disapper -- not in deleted items -- I cannot > find them. What is up with that and how do I fix it ? View-Current View-All messages. When I look at that, it does nothing. If I cahnge the View to "View Me...

synchronized combo boxes moving between records problem
Sorry if this has been answered, I couldn't find the exact problem elsewhere! I'm only a beginner at this but when i select the right ID from the first combo box, i got it to come up with the correct related IDs in the second combo box , like it's meant to! but when I move to the next record (a new one, or the last one, or anything), the second combo box doesn't retain the record. As in, as you scroll through each record, none of the second combo box 'records' are kept, they are all blank until you click on them, then they come up with your choices, UNLESS you ...

Comment Box
I moved a comment box because when I froze the current sheet and when I scrolled down, half of the comment would get cut off. The only way I was able to show the comment box in its new position was by unhiding it. If I had it hid the move would not take effect. Is it possible to move the comment box, hide the box, and when the cursor goes to the cell with the comment, have the comment box appear in its new position. .. Several answers were given in programming I believe. -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy Troy <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:096601c39ae3$f0dff...

Exchange Failing when Removing GC from same box
The background: I am trying to install Exchange 2007 but cannot because I have two Windows 2000 DCs with GCs. The two Windows 2000 DCs happen to be on the same boxes as my Exchange 2000 cluster. I have two other Windows 2003 boxes in the same site with all FSMO roles and both are GC. The problem: I'm in a catch 22 because I cannot install Exchange 2007 and when I remove either the GC role from the Windows 2000 boxes or demote them, Exchange fails. The Question: Has anyone come across a situation like this and know of a solution? Thanks In order to install Ex07, you will ne...

Force TRUE in a check box as result from an option button??
I have a set of option buttons and a set of check boxes. One of the check boxes is for a certain value that is similar to one of the option buttons. Essentially, what I want is for that check box to automatically go to a "TRUE" (checked) state when the certain option button is selected. When the other option buttons are selected, the check box will remain in it's normal state which will allow the user to select it or not depending on other variables. But, if the option button is on that certain selection, I would like to make it so that check box MUST remain on TRUE, and ...

missing toolbar in Word's Help screen
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC When I try to access the Help system from Word 2008 (or Excel, for that matter), there is no toolbar at the top of the Help screen--there's no Search box, Topics, Back/Forward, Home, or Print buttons. The PowerPoint Help screen, on the other hand, does have its toolbar. I'm on a Mac PowerPC G4 running OS 10.4.11. <br><br>How can I make the toolbar available for Word's and Excel's Help screens? Click the oblong button at the right end of the Help window's Title Bar. HTH |:>) ...

Tick Box Size
Hi Is there anyway to change the size of a tick box displayed on a form ????? I have tried everything !! Thanks Tony Nothing built into Access, but see my March, 2004 "Access Answers" column in Pinnacle Publication's "Smart Access". You can download the column (and sample database) for free at http://www.accessmvp.com/DJSteele/SmartAccess.html -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "blake7" <blake7@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:17844B03-8C7E-41DF-8646-8A7EF404611D@microsoft.com... >...

Single buyers screen
For purchasing buyers a single screen that incorporates the function of po generator, the sales range inquiry, and inventory requirements in service call (if installed). This way a buyer has full view to be able to purchase and link and consoidate all items needing to be purchased ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsr...

Finding/matching custom color in publisher
I am trying to find out what the RGB composition is of a custom color background. I created the color earlier. When I reopen the file it resets to the default palette and it does not include my custom color. How do I find out the RGB of a previously created background color. Download this small utility, it is a color picker, free. http://www.nattyware.com/pixie.html -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "JohnnyP" <JohnnyP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2A8BDFFC-66C8-4D85-8629-43F72DCB4...

check box #3
I want to put some check boxes on my worksheet. When the boxes are checked I want them to be totaled at the end of the column. I inserted the check boxes but when I put the formulas for the sum of the columns I get an error message. I am guessing that I have to make a positive check box = the value of one. Don't have a clue on how to do it. Any help would be appreciated. Dennis You can set up a linked cell for each of the checkboxes. The way you do that depends on the type of checkbox you used. If you used a checkbox from the Forms toolbar, rightclick on it and choose Forma...

Standard Cost Changes Screen
I'm trying to enter a proposed standard cost on a finished good item but the Proposed Standard Cost Field is greyed out. Cards >> Manufacturing >> Inventory >> Standard Cost Changes. Any ideas as to why it's Greyed Out, and how can I fix this? regards, davidv Is the Bill of Materil a "Phantom" item? "tintin91" wrote: > I'm trying to enter a proposed standard cost on a finished good item but the > Proposed Standard Cost Field is greyed out. > > Cards >> Manufacturing >> Inventory >> Standard Cost Changes. &...

How do you create a selection box for data entry within excel
I am trying to setup an excel form for data entry and I'd like to have the entry clerk select from a list of items for one of the columns. For example - THe column name is Status - I'd like them to be able to select Single, Married, Divorced, Separate. How can I setup the spreadsheet to accept this type of data entry? 1) First type Single, Married, Divorced, Separate in any range where you entry clerk can not modify it, say M1:M4. 2) Select the Status column 3) Tools > Data > Validation 4) Setting: Allow - "list", Source - "M1:M4", Check "Ignore bl...